Annick Goutal Petite Cherie

3.4

on 9/1/2001 10:30:00 PM

I put this on for about the 5th time at sephora today, and i just don' understand the hype. Maybe its a bad bottle, or maybe its me or my nose, but this smelled like grass and plastic to me. I couldn't detect any sweetness. I was so disappointed, because I really was looking forward to that "Strawberry Shortcake doll" scent. Oh well.

on 8/12/2001 1:47:00 PM

I first heard of this scent back in 1998...Allure described this scent as smelling sweet w/o smelling like strawberry short cake and that it smelled like peaches. I wanted this scent for awhile and in winter of 99" got a sample. Well, a month later I had my own bottle of the EDP!
It is lovely! Peach, pear, musk, vanilla and grass...all my fave things! I smell pears and peach when I first spray it then it tones down to a vanillish/grassy scent. This is my fave scent and I just love it, love the bottle too!

on 7/21/2001 5:09:00 PM

I just went to Nordstrom and tried this out. The most prominent scents to me were pear and cypress. It was not very strong at all, but I thought that it lasted longer than other fruity scents (Escada Tropical Punch) The pear scent lasted a long time, and so did the cypress.

on 7/16/2001 11:49:00 PM

Sort of light and pretty and very "young." On me the peach notes fade fast and I become very quickly aware of the Grass scent in it--which is a shame as I love the top notes.

on 7/15/2001 8:39:00 PM

I love this fragrance ! I first heard about it when I read an article in InStyle and they asked Portia De Rossi what her favorite fragance was. She said Petite Cherie, because the smell reminded her of a Strawberry Shortcake doll she had as a child. That was enough to peak my curiosty. Only complaint is that it fades quickly. The notes in it are grass, pears, peaches, vanilla, and rose.

I like this fragrance, but it smells just like a pear to me. As I love fruit this is great but I often wonder what the hype is about. Pairing this with Pure & Basic Passionate Pear lotion (smells VERY similar) makes it last all day.

on 6/9/2001 9:16:00 PM

AG Petite Cherie- I have had the Petite Cherie cream for awhile and I really love it. It lasts all day, but I have heard many complaints on MUA that the EDT does not last. I got the EDP . Petite Cherie is an ultra feminine, soft, peachy, pear scent. It smells very fresh, unusual, and totally like a girl should smell. No one would ever mistake this for a men’s and I like that. Now I see why so many girls on here love this one. It is just very “pretty”. Not powdery, not overly sweet, just fresh, clean and spring/ summer like. Now I know why they call it the Fragrance that you want to kiss. Ultra feminine, easy to wear.

on 6/9/2001 9:01:00 PM

This is my new favourite fragrance. It is so fresh and clean smelling...very light. The scent lasts all day on me, too. I am going to buy this again and again. My boyfriend said it smells like "butterscotch", but all I can smell is peach and pear notes. I'd highly recommend.

on 6/4/2001 10:46:00 AM

I loved, loved, loved this scent and finally worked up the courage to go to SF's Nordstrom to buy this product! They had the greatest gwp and I took one sniff before I bought it - was reveling in the sweet, sexy, innocent smell when I got a headache from it! I loved everything about the perfume (yes, even the price) but I guess it's a tad strong for me.

Popular Fragrances