December 18, 2014 | 862 users online

Bronzers - NARS - Orgasm-Laguna Blush-Bronzer Duo

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2005 1:04:00 AM More reviews by fairywings

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love Nars products. I use their blush in Angelika, but not in the oh-so-talked-about Orgasm. I've been wanting to try it for a long time, and I also needed a change from my Stila Sun bronzer. So I figured that this was the perfect time to take advantage of both products (mostly a push also that it is a limited time product). I spent the money (which is a lot...but not a lot for a Nars product) and I like it. The bronzer is a great shade for me. It doesn't have a lot of shimmer in it, which is a plus. And the blush lives up to its name as well. I would buy it again, but I don't think that I am going to...this one will last me ages.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2005 1:35:00 AM More reviews by maitai726

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Don't let the brown and light pink scare you... I had my doubts at first, but this duo is amazing! I found out about it on this website and because of the great reviews, I promptly went to Sephora to buy it. When I saw it, I thought that these colors would never work on my skintone (esp. the pink) but they looks absolutely beautiful together! I used to use Prescriptives Sunsheen in So Cool 02, but this is much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2005 11:31:00 AM More reviews by diesel3

I have to start by saying I adore Nars packaging. It's like a present in a nice thick black box that doesn't slip out of your hand. And this one was bigger than my other duos, with perfect skin colours inside - the bronze is subtle and has little enough sheen in it to make it look natural. The pink is also subtle and illuminates skin perfectly. I had been using MAC's Trace Gold bronzer and Pinkerpeach/Trustfund blush and cannot believe the quality difference - NARS really makes the product part of my face instead of another layer on my face. The fine texture and sparkle would make me buy it again in a second, if it were not limited edition, and available in Canada.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2005 7:14:00 AM More reviews by cat9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i really wanted to hate this & be able to exchange it for the absurdly priced lipfusion (for some reason i'd be ok w/ exchanging something for lipfusion, but not buying it on its own... which makes sense... yes). alas, the laguna gave a natural glowing tan and the orgasm made the perfect highlight. i hoped this would look oily & hideous in pictures so THEN i could return it. but i took some test pics w/ the digital, and in all of them, skin looked glowy & shiny in a healthy non-oily way. GRR. so then i was hoping the packaging would somehow end up sucking, or i wouldn't be able to use the blush w/out picking up the bronzer on the brush, or something. but turns out each pan is the perfect shape, and they're far enough apart so that you can use just one if you like. in conclusion, buy only if you want another high-end addiction that will ultimately raise your standard of living (or give you pretty skin, same thing), but will crash-diet your wallet to smithereens. (hence the 1 lipstick off for price, btw; it may be a "bargain" in that it's a duo, but it's still $35 for colored powder which is rather insane.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2005 10:52:00 AM More reviews by creoula

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I had to order the duo from the Speohora U.S site because the duo is not available in Canada. Therefore, cost was a little high after the exchange. But Would def. repurchase as I love this duo. I had never tried the Orgasm blush or Laguna bronzer before but I was lemming both thus decided to buy the duo (also pratical for travelling). I'm NC30-35 & was worried that the Orgasm wouldn't show up on me but it adds the perfect touch of color to cheeks. I wear it over the Laguna & am happy I took the plunge & ordered. the Lagune is also a scary color in the package (I have alot of bronzers & have never seen a bronzer this color). However once applied is a perfect brown with golden undertones, just a little shimmer. My Fave!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2005 1:52:00 AM More reviews by hvhung

I just ordered this from Sephora and tried it for the first time today. I am really impressed. I've always wanted to try this blush but never had the chance. When I knew I needed to buy a bronzer, I thought this was the perfect product for me. ANd I was right. The bronzer is just enough color for my fair skin but not too strong. The blush really lives up to its reputation as well. A very pretty peachy color that just makes me look healthy and gorgeous. I am very happy with this purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2005 8:47:00 AM More reviews by mikala17

Great duo! I picked it up when it first came out a few months ago because I wanted to try Orgasm. I have used it almost daily ever since. The Laguna works well on my very fair skin and every time I use it my boyfriend asks whether I got a little sun because I look just a little tan. I agree with the other reviewers that Orgasm can be a little too shimmery if too much is applied but it looks really good if you apply it lightly. Update: A few months later I'm still using this daily. Definitely an HG!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2005 5:48:00 AM More reviews by escebola

I wanted to try both Orgasm blush (I had already tried this and I loved it!) and Laguna bronzer (I hadn't tried before) and, when I heard this was coming out, I asked a friend in NY to purchase this for me. I absolutely love it. I adore my Orgasm (he he): it looks subtle on me (a little more intense than my other favourite everyday blush, GA #2; and it's not too shimmer or sparkly) and I wear it for a polished, healthy look. As for the Laguna bronzer, I actually using for contouring my cheeks (not as a bronzer) and the result is fabulous!
I have a round face, and I was recommended by a MA artist to apply a darker shade of blush from my ear to the middle of my cheekbone (well, actually not the cheekbone, just below it), so that the face appears a little slimmer. It works (though I'm not sure if I explained the technique correctly) and the Laguna bronzer is perfect for it. So I find the packaging super-convenient! Would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2005 8:20:00 PM More reviews by IlusionOrganica

After reading the reviews on this site, I decided to try it out. I'd long wanted to try out the much-hyped Orgasm blush, and I was in the market for a new bronzer (I just got back from vacation and suddenly my foundation and powder don't match!). This is a purchase that I now feel extremely good about, and I'm proud of myself for making such a smart buy. ;) For one, the bronzer warms up my face without my having to go out to buy new foundation and powder, after having tanned more than two shades this summer. And the blush is fantastic for daily use.

Some people don't like it I guess because of the goldish shimmer, and to them I say -- don't wear so much blush! If you put on just the right amount of this stuff you get subtle, pretty color and the gold is just barely there -- enough to lend some radiance without looking gaudy or a bit overdone.

As far as the bronzer goes, same applies. Just a bit is enough to inject some warmth into your tones. That's why this duo is such a steal. You get a ton of product, at a discounted price for each, and a little bit of it goes a long way. The mirror is huge! If they had included a brush with this set I would be on cloud nine. But without it, this is still a 5-lippie case.

I *was* a firm devotee to Urban Decay's Afterglow blush in Paranoid, but anymore I find I'm just busting it out for special nighttime occasions. A little Orgasm is my new daily routine (har har, no pun intended).

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2005 10:56:00 PM More reviews by jenakiss20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After reading the reviews, I purchased this at Sephora. I have to say I am not impressed. I wanted to love this and was so excited to finally get it but, it is not what I thought. The blush shows up too much gold and makes my cheeks shiny when I smile. The bronzer also has some gold in it and just doesn't look right on me. I'm not that tan right now, probably medium tone but, I will try again after I get darker to see if it looks better. I'm not reaching for this like I should or want to. I ordered from Sephora.com with a giftcard and already threw away the box, GREAT! So, won't be returning. Sorry, I wanted to love.