April 20, 2014 | 1595 users online

Bronzers - NARS - Orgasm-Laguna Blush-Bronzer Duo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2005 5:48:00 AM More reviews by escebola

I wanted to try both Orgasm blush (I had already tried this and I loved it!) and Laguna bronzer (I hadn't tried before) and, when I heard this was coming out, I asked a friend in NY to purchase this for me. I absolutely love it. I adore my Orgasm (he he): it looks subtle on me (a little more intense than my other favourite everyday blush, GA #2; and it's not too shimmer or sparkly) and I wear it for a polished, healthy look. As for the Laguna bronzer, I actually using for contouring my cheeks (not as a bronzer) and the result is fabulous!
I have a round face, and I was recommended by a MA artist to apply a darker shade of blush from my ear to the middle of my cheekbone (well, actually not the cheekbone, just below it), so that the face appears a little slimmer. It works (though I'm not sure if I explained the technique correctly) and the Laguna bronzer is perfect for it. So I find the packaging super-convenient! Would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2005 8:20:00 PM More reviews by IlusionOrganica

After reading the reviews on this site, I decided to try it out. I'd long wanted to try out the much-hyped Orgasm blush, and I was in the market for a new bronzer (I just got back from vacation and suddenly my foundation and powder don't match!). This is a purchase that I now feel extremely good about, and I'm proud of myself for making such a smart buy. ;) For one, the bronzer warms up my face without my having to go out to buy new foundation and powder, after having tanned more than two shades this summer. And the blush is fantastic for daily use.

Some people don't like it I guess because of the goldish shimmer, and to them I say -- don't wear so much blush! If you put on just the right amount of this stuff you get subtle, pretty color and the gold is just barely there -- enough to lend some radiance without looking gaudy or a bit overdone.

As far as the bronzer goes, same applies. Just a bit is enough to inject some warmth into your tones. That's why this duo is such a steal. You get a ton of product, at a discounted price for each, and a little bit of it goes a long way. The mirror is huge! If they had included a brush with this set I would be on cloud nine. But without it, this is still a 5-lippie case.

I *was* a firm devotee to Urban Decay's Afterglow blush in Paranoid, but anymore I find I'm just busting it out for special nighttime occasions. A little Orgasm is my new daily routine (har har, no pun intended).

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2005 10:56:00 PM More reviews by jenakiss20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After reading the reviews, I purchased this at Sephora. I have to say I am not impressed. I wanted to love this and was so excited to finally get it but, it is not what I thought. The blush shows up too much gold and makes my cheeks shiny when I smile. The bronzer also has some gold in it and just doesn't look right on me. I'm not that tan right now, probably medium tone but, I will try again after I get darker to see if it looks better. I'm not reaching for this like I should or want to. I ordered from Sephora.com with a giftcard and already threw away the box, GREAT! So, won't be returning. Sorry, I wanted to love.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2005 7:59:00 PM More reviews by xel_ha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What a perfect combination.I love this set.Very natural looking on my med.olive skin tone.I thought the orgasm won't show up on my face but surprisingly it did---natural flush.Very pretty and not glittery on me.I apply with a light hand due to it's heavy pigment.It lasted all day on my very oily skin.No breakouts.I will definitely buy this duo again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2005 10:38:00 AM More reviews by crissy07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

really wanted to like this product.. left me orange and dissapointed.. plan to return

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2005 2:08:00 PM More reviews by ber0606

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Like everyone else, I love this duo. The bronzer is brown, not orangy, and the orgasm blush is the perfect peachy flush. I use the bronzer all over my face and the blush just on my cheeks. Together they are the perfect blend for a summer glow!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2005 1:26:00 PM More reviews by milliegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Add me to the list of people who've fallen in love with this duo. I didn't have these shades already so I knew I had to have the duo as soon as a I saw it. I've been using it for several weeks and the two shades work wonderfully with my fair coloring. Laguna is different from any other bronzer I've used in that it's a straight-up tan with gold shimmer. There is no golden or yellow-y tone to it whatesoever, which had me skeptical at first because my natural tan is golden. But it gives me a very natural-looking color. I like how it doesn't sit on top of the skin but blends right in. Orgasm is the perfect pinky-peach shade on me and I don't find the shimmer to be too obvious. This could perhaps be the most perfect duo compact ever made!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2005 6:15:00 PM More reviews by glitterpanda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yep, I was one of the 3 people on MUA who did not have Orgasm yet. Heh! And I needed a good bronzer for summer, so I took advantage of this LE blush and bronzer duo from NARS featuring their most popular blush and bronzer... And I can understand why they are so popular. They both are PERFECT. Orgasm blush is the best of the best, as we all know from its continuing success for being, well the best of the best of blushes. It's a peach color with golden shimmer, looks very natural and beautiful on the cheeks, and goes with any make-up.
Laguna is the perfect bronzer for my pale skin. Much to my surprise it didn't show up too dark at all. Not a sip of orange either! Just a very sheer golden warmth was added to my face. I don't look Tancer bronze, but just healthy and not so pale! And did I mention I love that it doesn't contain any orange at all!?

For $35 it's a great value. I think there's a little more product in each pan than what you get in a regular blush which is $25. The bronzer is like $28. So this is almost a "bargain" ha. Either way, I'm so glad I got these! I will repurchase them separately when/if I run out. Oh and I love the black rubber packaging. The compact is huge and therefore the mirror is really useful!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2005 1:06:00 AM More reviews by happyworldz

I love this duo!! It's pricy but you get tons of product. Each side contains more product than one regular nars blush. Get it if you don't have orgasm or laguna! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2005 8:19:00 PM More reviews by MusesX9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's about time! After waiting what seemed like forever to get my hands on orgasm blush, I purchased this combo. For the price, it's awesome! I love it! I use the bronzer all over face and lids and then add the orgasm to the center of my lids and atop of cheek and voila! It's great together!