The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Alcohol Denat., PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polysorbate 20, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, t-Butyl Alcohol, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Citral, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, Denatonium Benzoate, Tocopherol.

on 11/3/2005 12:34:00 AM

This stuff doesn't work on my pimples. It works on the red blotches they leave behind. I'll have a spot left from a zit for weeks, months even, until I start applying this oil to it every night. In a few days, maybe a week, it is gone. I can't get enough of it, and the bottle is way too small. I need several back up bottles because I get so many blemishes. I've tried pure tea tree oil and it makes my face burn so the Body Shop's dilution is great for me. The price is quite ridiculous, $7 a bottle, but I must have it. HG hands down.

on 9/5/2005 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

my HG acne product. excellent disinfectant on popped pimples. popped pimples go down in 2-3 days. also works well on unpopped pimples. however, the glass bottle leaks, which caused a lot of havoc when travelling. this works better than the blemish stick, it's also more sanitary than the stick.

on 8/25/2005 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Seems to dry up my occasional breakout seemingly overnight - at least really decreases it. While I'm not IMPRESSED with it, I can't say anything bad about this product.

on 8/5/2005 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

It helps soothes my acnes and nothing else. I have yet to find a good acne cure.

I don't know if it was this, the foaming cleanser, or the combination of products, but the tea tree line caused massive drying throughout my face. The bottle is tiny and even though I only used a few drops per night, it ran out very fast. I think my skin is too sensitive for this, even though I do have quite oily skin now that it's the summer. I don't recommend any tea tree oil products for anyone with dry/sensitive/normal, or even combination skin. I think it's best suited for very oily skin types that can handle strong ingredients.

on 6/13/2005 9:17:00 PM

Agree with Sylwia. I'll buy it again but I'll also try pure tea tree oil.

on 4/10/2005 6:10:00 AM

It took me almost two years to finish off it's little, quite expensive bottle but I do not get zits very often to treat my skin with it.
It is not just a tea tree oil, it is dilluted in alcohol, which may dry your skin around the area you have applied it to.
I must confess that I am only using it on a q tip when squizing a spot - bad habit, but with this product an inflammation is gone within a night and later everything is healing nicely.
I would recommend it but one has to try it as each skin is different and may react differently. With mine - it, sort of, works.

on 3/26/2005 9:53:00 PM

i think it's only okay in helping to prevent pimples. you have to apply it early and consistently. if you have a huge zit threatening to pop out, applying this stuff won't be of much help though. i dab this directly on my blemishes, after toner and before moisturiser every day and night, sometimes i alternate it with TBS' Sage & Comfrey blemish gel. overall, an okay product which i will repurchase.

on 3/11/2005 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It's great, i mix it w/ my face cream and other stuff.It's really cool, and useful!

on 2/16/2005 10:04:00 PM

This product works way better than any other acne creams/lotions I've tried before. I put a couple drops on a q-tip & rub it over my acne before bed, in the morning & once during the day. It does a fab job of drying up my acne & I see a noticeable difference in 1 day. Small ones usually disappear in 1 day. Large ones take abuout 2 days. It gives me better results than those creams that contain benzoyl peroxide which don't help at all. The only negative is that it smells pretty bad initially BUT it dries up immediately. If you wear foundation or powder daily, I'd suggest to treat the acne first since it dries up right away. Overall, I think its one of the best acne solutions. I would be open to trying anything that has a high concentration of Tea Tree Oil. I'm sure if I try a drugstore brand, it would be cheaper & work the same.

Popular Treatments (Face)