November 28, 2014 | 1236 users online

Treatments (Face) - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2004 9:45:00 PM More reviews by xcocox

basically this doesn't do anything for me. period. i bought it because my previous encounters with tea tree products work for me & i adore the tea tree scent (ah.. i'm wierd but i just love the medicated minty scent.). i dislike the screw on cap which i tend to have problem opening it. as for the pricing, for the amount and its effectiveness, i fidn it over-charged. lucky for those who find this product effective as it does none for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2004 4:37:00 AM More reviews by DepecheDressage

Such amazing stuff! I had absolutely no expectation that this would do very much, but it's amazing! I bought it to mix into something else for a pet, and then decided to try what I had left as a blemish treatment... and it's the first thing I've ever used that's actually altogether stopped a zit I can feel cooking deeeeep under my skin.

*UPDATE*: now that I've tried actual PURE tea tree oil, I'm much less impressed with this product, so I've downgraded it. It's largely alcohol, which might explain the drying effect it sometimes had on my skin. For a product that isn't *pure* tea tree oil (which, btw is the most effective stuff I've found yet), I get a much better result from AL's acne spot treatment

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2004 7:11:00 PM More reviews by bluestar21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I mix this tea tree oil with ground up asprin and water for the asprin mask treatment. I don't use this oil plain on my skin anymore. But with the asprin, it makes my skin look amazing. Over the past few months, my skin has cleared up so much. No more blemishes, no more scars. It could be the asprin but I like the smell and tingle of the oil. The tiny bottle lasts a suprisingly long time because you don't need to use that much. I plan to buy this again before I run out of it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2004 12:09:00 AM More reviews by CinderellaSP03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

it didn't really do anything for me- didn't clear up any acne but at least it didn't dry out my already dry skin. *shrug* i got nothin' else.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2004 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Ecstacez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product could be great for some people, just a DAB will do on your pimples!! I cannot stress that enough. I had a major zit on my right cheek once, and I poured some Tea Tree Oil into a cotton ball, and taped (YES TAPED) it to my zit. The next morning, I peeled it off, along with a thick layer of skin. All you could see was pink flesh where the zit used to be. It was really disgusting and people in school kept asking if someone poured acid on my face. Extremely embarrasing

This is a pretty good product but if you go overboard, it could really kill your skin. It's SO harsh! I wouldn't buy it again because it's expensive. $10 for a tiny bit of oil? Don't think so. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2004 5:11:00 PM More reviews by monologist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Well, it works as almost everyone said. But I really don't like the alchohol in it, would not buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2004 2:55:00 PM More reviews by GT_PLaYGiRL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff did absolutely NOTHING for my skin =(

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2004 4:51:00 PM More reviews by PaintedSophisticate

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

OW OW OW!! This stuff burns my skin but its totally worth it. My skin has been super clear since I've started using it. It stinks tho...

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2004 4:31:00 PM More reviews by icycool

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This does not make pimples go away. No trust in this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2004 1:34:00 AM More reviews by rhealuz

I use this on pimples that popped up unexpectedly. It's actually effective, it takes a only a day to see results.