The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Alcohol Denat., PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polysorbate 20, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, t-Butyl Alcohol, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Citral, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, Denatonium Benzoate, Tocopherol.

on 2/16/2005 10:04:00 PM

This product works way better than any other acne creams/lotions I've tried before. I put a couple drops on a q-tip & rub it over my acne before bed, in the morning & once during the day. It does a fab job of drying up my acne & I see a noticeable difference in 1 day. Small ones usually disappear in 1 day. Large ones take abuout 2 days. It gives me better results than those creams that contain benzoyl peroxide which don't help at all. The only negative is that it smells pretty bad initially BUT it dries up immediately. If you wear foundation or powder daily, I'd suggest to treat the acne first since it dries up right away. Overall, I think its one of the best acne solutions. I would be open to trying anything that has a high concentration of Tea Tree Oil. I'm sure if I try a drugstore brand, it would be cheaper & work the same.

on 12/31/2004 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This stuff is absolute crap. It feels oily, and it feels like dirt just floats toward it like a magnet after application, and I feel so paranoid all the time that my pimples are coated by a film of grease and another film of dust. Does nothing for my pimples, be it small or those cystic kinds that look that they're going to explode anytime soon. I like the smell though, natural, fresh and a tad minty. But mostly it's just hype. Dissapointment.

on 11/29/2004 3:08:00 PM

I hate this product, it did nothing, it was expensive, it smelled bad and it's only 10 ml - That's ridiculous IMHO, I paid 9.00 for it and I think it's ridiculous ... It did nothing, absolutely nothing. It was a mere gimmick.

on 11/16/2004 12:40:00 AM

This only works if it's applied early and consistently for 2-3 days. I found the smell awfully terrible, but my hubby just likes it. I personally like the clean and clear acne treatment clear gel more pleasant to use.

on 11/5/2004 8:26:00 PM

I have no feelings about this product. It didn't make my skin worse but it didn't do anything for my blemishes. So basically it did nothing. I hated the packaging, I wanted to put a few drops on a Qtip, but it kept dripping from everywhere except the hole in the middle. The smell was just awful, my eyes kept watering as soon as I opened the bottle. Wasn't that expensive so I don't feel bad for giving it a try. Didn't make skin dry and red like BP, but for me BP works way better. I can deal with the dryness and redness as long as it gets rid of the pimples.:)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like this. it works better than PURE tea tree oil, no idea why.

on 9/20/2004 3:16:00 AM

This works like magic on blemishes. I was skeptical when my sister introduced this to me. But since I've started using foundations regularly and have had occasional breakouts, I've found this product really helpful. A 10 mL bottle which costs ~AUD6 will last for a very long time. A good investment and definite repurchase if I ever use up the whole bottle. Highly recommended.

The Tea Tree Oil does work really well breakouts. it is not ment to be used daily and your not suppossed to peel it off (like another review said) I've enver "peeled" mine off. its a light liquid that just obsorbs, I apply it about 3 times a day on a persistent zit for about 2 days and the zit has cleared. I have an issue with picking tho and dont pick! when you pick and use this product, you are just picking away dead skin and you will cause an infection and the zit will never go away

on 9/4/2004 9:45:00 PM

basically this doesn't do anything for me. period. i bought it because my previous encounters with tea tree products work for me & i adore the tea tree scent (ah.. i'm wierd but i just love the medicated minty scent.). i dislike the screw on cap which i tend to have problem opening it. as for the pricing, for the amount and its effectiveness, i fidn it over-charged. lucky for those who find this product effective as it does none for me.

Such amazing stuff! I had absolutely no expectation that this would do very much, but it's amazing! I bought it to mix into something else for a pet, and then decided to try what I had left as a blemish treatment... and it's the first thing I've ever used that's actually altogether stopped a zit I can feel cooking deeeeep under my skin.

*UPDATE*: now that I've tried actual PURE tea tree oil, I'm much less impressed with this product, so I've downgraded it. It's largely alcohol, which might explain the drying effect it sometimes had on my skin. For a product that isn't *pure* tea tree oil (which, btw is the most effective stuff I've found yet), I get a much better result from AL's acne spot treatment

Popular Treatments (Face)

Retin A
Lemon Juice

Top Rated Treatments (Face)

Top Rated The Body Shop Products