The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Alcohol Denat., PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polysorbate 20, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, t-Butyl Alcohol, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Citral, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, Denatonium Benzoate, Tocopherol.

on 4/10/2005 6:10:00 AM

It took me almost two years to finish off it's little, quite expensive bottle but I do not get zits very often to treat my skin with it.
It is not just a tea tree oil, it is dilluted in alcohol, which may dry your skin around the area you have applied it to.
I must confess that I am only using it on a q tip when squizing a spot - bad habit, but with this product an inflammation is gone within a night and later everything is healing nicely.
I would recommend it but one has to try it as each skin is different and may react differently. With mine - it, sort of, works.

on 3/26/2005 9:53:00 PM

i think it's only okay in helping to prevent pimples. you have to apply it early and consistently. if you have a huge zit threatening to pop out, applying this stuff won't be of much help though. i dab this directly on my blemishes, after toner and before moisturiser every day and night, sometimes i alternate it with TBS' Sage & Comfrey blemish gel. overall, an okay product which i will repurchase.

on 3/11/2005 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It's great, i mix it w/ my face cream and other stuff.It's really cool, and useful!

on 2/16/2005 10:04:00 PM

This product works way better than any other acne creams/lotions I've tried before. I put a couple drops on a q-tip & rub it over my acne before bed, in the morning & once during the day. It does a fab job of drying up my acne & I see a noticeable difference in 1 day. Small ones usually disappear in 1 day. Large ones take abuout 2 days. It gives me better results than those creams that contain benzoyl peroxide which don't help at all. The only negative is that it smells pretty bad initially BUT it dries up immediately. If you wear foundation or powder daily, I'd suggest to treat the acne first since it dries up right away. Overall, I think its one of the best acne solutions. I would be open to trying anything that has a high concentration of Tea Tree Oil. I'm sure if I try a drugstore brand, it would be cheaper & work the same.

on 12/31/2004 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This stuff is absolute crap. It feels oily, and it feels like dirt just floats toward it like a magnet after application, and I feel so paranoid all the time that my pimples are coated by a film of grease and another film of dust. Does nothing for my pimples, be it small or those cystic kinds that look that they're going to explode anytime soon. I like the smell though, natural, fresh and a tad minty. But mostly it's just hype. Dissapointment.

on 11/29/2004 3:08:00 PM

I hate this product, it did nothing, it was expensive, it smelled bad and it's only 10 ml - That's ridiculous IMHO, I paid 9.00 for it and I think it's ridiculous ... It did nothing, absolutely nothing. It was a mere gimmick.

on 11/16/2004 12:40:00 AM

This only works if it's applied early and consistently for 2-3 days. I found the smell awfully terrible, but my hubby just likes it. I personally like the clean and clear acne treatment clear gel more pleasant to use.

on 11/5/2004 8:26:00 PM

I have no feelings about this product. It didn't make my skin worse but it didn't do anything for my blemishes. So basically it did nothing. I hated the packaging, I wanted to put a few drops on a Qtip, but it kept dripping from everywhere except the hole in the middle. The smell was just awful, my eyes kept watering as soon as I opened the bottle. Wasn't that expensive so I don't feel bad for giving it a try. Didn't make skin dry and red like BP, but for me BP works way better. I can deal with the dryness and redness as long as it gets rid of the pimples.:)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like this. it works better than PURE tea tree oil, no idea why.

on 9/20/2004 3:16:00 AM

This works like magic on blemishes. I was skeptical when my sister introduced this to me. But since I've started using foundations regularly and have had occasional breakouts, I've found this product really helpful. A 10 mL bottle which costs ~AUD6 will last for a very long time. A good investment and definite repurchase if I ever use up the whole bottle. Highly recommended.

Popular Treatments (Face)