September 20, 2014 | 1835 users online

Pressed Powders - Clinique - Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2005 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Dawnied

The over all look was extremely made-up. I didn't apply much and it was horribly cakey.. My skin (pretty normal) looked like an overaged drag queens by the time I was done with this. I so would not by it again. It was a horrible waste for that much money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2005 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Maxipoodle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this powder is good on my skin.It does take away shine but not for as much time as i thought it would but overall it is a good powder and i think i would repurchase it again in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2005 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Gloss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I really like this. I use the Stay Beige color, and I like that the powder is light and airy but still provides a good finish to my foundation. Controls shine, but looks natural and not at all cakey. My skin still looks like my skin, but so much better! The key is to find the perfect shade...ask the Clinique SA. For my combo/acne-prone skin, this powder is great.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2005 7:27:00 PM More reviews by xomaaaakeupox

I absolutley loved this! I used this in the color 02 Stay Natural, and I am so suprised with all the negative reviews. It went on sheer, and didn't look too make-upy or too matte like most powders do. Overall it gives a great finish to my makeup, I will probably be repurchashing this :).

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2005 11:43:00 AM More reviews by cron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is a great powder for people with oilier skin. Stays quite a long time and doesn't look cakey. I hate the packaging though - the green color (Clinique's significant) is just ugly. I'm almost emabrassed to pull this out in front of people :( I won't be repurchasing because of the packaging.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2005 1:28:00 PM More reviews by pillowbear

I bought the valentine's version of this pressed powder (not sure how much the retail price is, but I got it on a very good deal from eBay). It's a much smaller compact than the regular size (in greenish marbled compact) - but the design is soooo cuuuttee. It's silver all over, with a 'tic tac toe' design on the lid (instead of a circle, they put hearts).

Nuf of the compact, let's go inside it. Unlike the nice puff in the regular compact, Clinique gave a tiny winy thin cheapy puff inside it - I immediately have to throw it away.

I have oily/combo face .. & I haven't find HG for face powder, really. So, this one is just the same with the others. It doesn't really take care of the oiliness - as it said it would. Also, it feels kinda chalky, too - doesn't look natural on me, somehow. I don't think I'd repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2005 8:16:00 PM More reviews by hazel1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ewww! It goes on ok but made my skin look sallow and a tad orange (i have got the lightest one as i am fair). As I said it looks ok upon application but tend to get a cakey look by the end of the day and also - i think it is giving me pimples!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2005 3:27:00 AM More reviews by kimi428

I've been a loyal consumer of this Powder since highschool. Since I break out with most powders, this causes the most minimal breakouts because it's oil-free. I like the way it gives me a very natural, light, smooth look while minimizing the look of my pores. People can't tell I have it on. Other powders just make my pores bigger, like the powder at Origins. I don't like any other products in the Clinique except for this one. Definitely my HG Powder. Have used it for about 10 years now. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2005 11:50:00 PM More reviews by elusivelotus

I purchased this in both 02 Stay neutral and 03 Stay beige. I use these powders to set my liquid foundation rather than using it as a powder foundation as the SA suggested. I found 02 to be too light on my medium skin but 03 just makes me glow. I apply it around my nose and cheeks and chin. I really like the texture of the powder. I personally don't think it controls shine very well but maybe thats because I'm quite oily. But I don't care because I pair it up with my MAC blot powder and I'm all set. I have repurchased and will continue to do so.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2005 12:33:00 PM More reviews by 8675309

This is a very classic powder, and I love that it is entirely fragrance and oil free. I could season all of Martha Stewart's cast iron cookware with just one day of the oil that my face produces, and so I have developed the ritual of using a blotting paper and then applying this to touch up when I get shiny. The compact lasts a decent amount of time, over a year for me. And it's really pretty in a somewhat unconventional way--marbled jade green square with a silver push button in the front, sort of elegant-preppy as I like to consider myself : )