Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

3.5

INGREDIENTS: Kaolin, Silica, Zinc Laurate, Polydecene, Magnesium, Phenyl Trimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May Also Contain: Mica, Bismouth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, and Ultramarines......... (Jan 2010 )......... Ingredient list: Talc, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, lauroyl lysine, phenyl trimethicone, zinc stearate, dimethicone, calcium silicate, silica, hydroxyapatite, isostearol neopentanoate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, sorbitan sesquioleate, tetrasodium edta, chlorphenesin, potassium sorbate, mica, iron oxides.

on 7/25/2005 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I used to use this product for years and loved it until I discovered Aveda Dual Minus Oil and that became my HG for seven years. Then the nitwits at Aveda reformulated it and now I'm on the prowl for a new powder. I went back to Stay Matte because it was my staple for years. I even wore it on my wedding day. This powder really works well on my skin. It makes my skin look even and healthy and it doesn't break me out. I use it in Stay Buff. My only complaint is that my nose gets oily and shiny, but that's with every powder and so blotting is a must for me. And compared to a lot of the products out there, Clinique's price isn't that outrageous. It goes on sheer, but I find I can build up to get the look I want.It doesn't feel like a mask and it really is my skin, but only better.

on 7/12/2005 4:43:00 PM

Ohhhh this was a waste of $17.50. I got it in whatever the lightest color is, and it didn't look so hot over make-up--it was pancake city. I'm thinking maybe it was meant to be used alone. Even so, its claims to be "shine-absorbing" did not hold up. This powder seemed to make my face feel more oily; it's pretty heavy, as far as powders go. Also, it's packaged with a cheap little sponge, and although the instructions do say to wash after use (the only true/good thing this powder has said) it just didn't go on well with the sponge. A brush worked better.

on 7/6/2005 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I don't like this because 1. it feels heavy 2. I think it breaks me out 3. I can't wear any clinique face makeup because none of their colors match me. they are all too orangey or dark. nothing for my PPP skin.

on 6/24/2005 2:50:00 PM

The over all look was extremely made-up. I didn't apply much and it was horribly cakey.. My skin (pretty normal) looked like an overaged drag queens by the time I was done with this. I so would not by it again. It was a horrible waste for that much money.

on 5/30/2005 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

this powder is good on my skin.It does take away shine but not for as much time as i thought it would but overall it is a good powder and i think i would repurchase it again in the future.

on 5/19/2005 11:37:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I really like this. I use the Stay Beige color, and I like that the powder is light and airy but still provides a good finish to my foundation. Controls shine, but looks natural and not at all cakey. My skin still looks like my skin, but so much better! The key is to find the perfect shade...ask the Clinique SA. For my combo/acne-prone skin, this powder is great.

I absolutley loved this! I used this in the color 02 Stay Natural, and I am so suprised with all the negative reviews. It went on sheer, and didn't look too make-upy or too matte like most powders do. Overall it gives a great finish to my makeup, I will probably be repurchashing this :).

on 4/27/2005 11:43:00 AM

This is a great powder for people with oilier skin. Stays quite a long time and doesn't look cakey. I hate the packaging though - the green color (Clinique's significant) is just ugly. I'm almost emabrassed to pull this out in front of people :( I won't be repurchasing because of the packaging.

on 4/19/2005 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought the valentine's version of this pressed powder (not sure how much the retail price is, but I got it on a very good deal from eBay). It's a much smaller compact than the regular size (in greenish marbled compact) - but the design is soooo cuuuttee. It's silver all over, with a 'tic tac toe' design on the lid (instead of a circle, they put hearts).

Nuf of the compact, let's go inside it. Unlike the nice puff in the regular compact, Clinique gave a tiny winy thin cheapy puff inside it - I immediately have to throw it away.

I have oily/combo face .. & I haven't find HG for face powder, really. So, this one is just the same with the others. It doesn't really take care of the oiliness - as it said it would. Also, it feels kinda chalky, too - doesn't look natural on me, somehow. I don't think I'd repurchase.

on 4/7/2005 8:16:00 PM

Ewww! It goes on ok but made my skin look sallow and a tad orange (i have got the lightest one as i am fair). As I said it looks ok upon application but tend to get a cakey look by the end of the day and also - i think it is giving me pimples!!!!

Recommended for Normal Skin