Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

3.5

INGREDIENTS: Kaolin, Silica, Zinc Laurate, Polydecene, Magnesium, Phenyl Trimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May Also Contain: Mica, Bismouth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, and Ultramarines......... (Jan 2010 )......... Ingredient list: Talc, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, lauroyl lysine, phenyl trimethicone, zinc stearate, dimethicone, calcium silicate, silica, hydroxyapatite, isostearol neopentanoate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, sorbitan sesquioleate, tetrasodium edta, chlorphenesin, potassium sorbate, mica, iron oxides.

on 11/20/2005 5:00:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It's a great product but over foundation i used only for touch-ups (I prefer Clinique's loose powder); when I don't feel like wearing fondation at all, this alone can perfectly do the job. Shade 02 Stay Neutral is perfect for me. Looove the packaging!

on 11/20/2005 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This powder shows on my skin too much, making it look like a mask. It is mattifying, but doesn't look natural enough for me.

on 11/9/2005 1:51:00 AM

Clinique powders have horrible colors. They seem to be too dark. I got this in stay buff ( the lightest shade) and it turns me dark. I can not blott with this throughout the day b/c it will get so cakey. This feels more like a powder foundation, but it is not meant for oily skins. Does not control oil at oil! Feels thick and heavy, color turns muddy! Yuck! Skin does not stay matte w/ this as others have said. They have had this powder for ages and its bad!

on 9/10/2005 10:57:00 PM

This is the first pressed powder I've bought. I decided to try it because I hate wearing any kind of foundation because of the heavy feel--so I wanted something that would give me just a tiny bit of coverage and even out my skin tone. This powder is PERFECT! It goes on so smoothly and makes my pores look smaller and my skin look smooth and soft, plus #2 Stay Neutral is the perfect shade for my fair-ish skin. Also, the compact is adorable. This works really well for me, and I will definitely repurchase :)

on 9/8/2005 3:46:00 PM

Nice and sheer but still effective without looking cakey. I have an oily t-zone, and just a touch-up dusting around the middle of the day with this will see me through. Didnt make me break out (a miracle!)

on 8/20/2005 12:56:00 PM

Great Powder that I use over my liquid foundation. I am on my fourth compact of this. Definitely a re-purchase for me. Controls my shine pretty well and doesn't cake. I am a fan of this.

on 7/25/2005 5:58:00 PM

I like this powder and have used it for years. It's sheer but not ultra sheer. If you want something ultrasheer I would suggest MAC's Blot Powder or one of Cover Girl's powder. This has enough coverage that on my minimal makeup days I sometimes wear it on its own. As far as staying matte, this works well enough under normal conditions. For "industrial strength" oil control there are probably better powders available. This has a soft, smooth feel and is not too powdery or chalky. I use Stay Buff which is a nice neutral, not too pink or orange. I admit the compact falls apart easily and is hardly glamorous, though in my area the "prestige" brands like Stila are not readily available, so half the town is pulling out this compact for touchups. At least I fit right in!

on 7/25/2005 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

i love this power, its sheer but delievers great coverage even if worn alone. I wear stay beige a little darker than my skin color but it just looks like i added some bronzer so for me its a two in one product!

on 7/25/2005 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I used to use this product for years and loved it until I discovered Aveda Dual Minus Oil and that became my HG for seven years. Then the nitwits at Aveda reformulated it and now I'm on the prowl for a new powder. I went back to Stay Matte because it was my staple for years. I even wore it on my wedding day. This powder really works well on my skin. It makes my skin look even and healthy and it doesn't break me out. I use it in Stay Buff. My only complaint is that my nose gets oily and shiny, but that's with every powder and so blotting is a must for me. And compared to a lot of the products out there, Clinique's price isn't that outrageous. It goes on sheer, but I find I can build up to get the look I want.It doesn't feel like a mask and it really is my skin, but only better.

on 7/12/2005 4:43:00 PM

Ohhhh this was a waste of $17.50. I got it in whatever the lightest color is, and it didn't look so hot over make-up--it was pancake city. I'm thinking maybe it was meant to be used alone. Even so, its claims to be "shine-absorbing" did not hold up. This powder seemed to make my face feel more oily; it's pretty heavy, as far as powders go. Also, it's packaged with a cheap little sponge, and although the instructions do say to wash after use (the only true/good thing this powder has said) it just didn't go on well with the sponge. A brush worked better.