November 23, 2014 | 981 users online

Highlighters - Guerlain - Les Meteorites balls powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2003 5:01:00 PM More reviews by SuziH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has become my favorite powder, thanks to a recommendation from MayM! My skin tends towards some dryness, so I don't really use a powder to absorb oil, only to set my foundation or tinted moisturizer. I find the scent of these gorgeous little spheres to be so uplifting and indulgent. Reminds me of wild violets and lavender! I've even pulled out the little container just before bedtime so I can inhale the beloved fragrance. As for the effect of the powder, I can't stand to go without using it anymore...it adds such a healthy, dewy look to my complexion, with only a tad of shimmer, not glittery like some powders, and this never makes my skin look dry or dull. I purchased the loose spheres from www.strawberrynet.com, which is based in Hong Kong...the delivery was very fast, and the price (42.50 USD) was so much cheaper than purchasing it from here in the states! Since I love finding a good sale, I also purchased another brand new one from eBay over the weekend (for $35 USD) so hopefully the product will be as good and will arrive in tact. I bought the beautiful refillable Voyage compact which contains the same Meteorites powder in pressed form ($99 USD, also from strawberrynet.com), but with slightly less glimmer. It has the same wonderful scent, and I love revealing it from the depths of my handbag to touch up during the day...everyone always loves how beautiful the compact is:) You would, however, need to carry a separate brush or puff for the compact...the case is so thin that no puff fits in there. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2003 4:22:00 AM More reviews by Fiend

A lightly fragranced powder which is great either by itself, or to set your foundation.
Cute packaging and the product gently highlights your face.
Quite expensive, so i suggest purchasing duty-free if possible!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2003 2:58:00 AM More reviews by Beautyproductjunkie

ADORE this product. The key here is it is subtle. Yeah, the green and lavender and blue and pink balls of powder look a little less than subtle, but when you swirl a good blush brush in them and apply it, use it for about a week, and then go without it, you do notice a subtle difference- you look more healthy with it. I swear! The powder is ultra-fine, and since I have large pores I used to avoid ALL shimery stuff, but it's so slight that you look mildly dewy. Don't pay the extra $35.00 for that matching blush brush,the multi-colored one. It SHEDS all over the place, and the pretty colors that were dyed on the bruch hair to match the Meteorites packaging and product, faded all ugly. I am dying to get the refillable protable compact.. anyone reveiw that one yet? :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2003 11:37:00 AM More reviews by tnfrench

I agree with the last few posts. It's not an obvious product on your face, just seems to liven up your skin? Again, maybe the sign of a great product. Goes on nicely, skin looks very soft and smooth. It could probably be used alone as a powder, but I've only tried it over my LM loose powder on my cheeks, forehead, nose, and chin. Not necessarily a highlighter, no obvious shimmer. I say I would repurchase, but I'm guessing this will last forever, and by the time it runs out, I'll be on to something else =). Packaging is a little special---will have to figure something out when we travel.... Got a great deal on eBay, brand new, so try it out!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2003 9:49:00 AM More reviews by laurus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you love classyness and elegance and want luxyry from your make up. This fills the criteria. These multicolored powder balls comes in a very beautifull compact. I purchased this to do the work of loose powder instead of traditional loose powder. I had never used a loose powder before and I was just a makeup novice and did not actually know why to use loose powder. So I thought that these would do the job and I was happy until I realized that these dont really do anything that loose powder should. This can not be used as a loose powder because it just lays top of your skin and does not fasten your makeup. This is a highlighter. It gives your face radiance and on the sunshine the glitter particles will show on your face. This is an ok product for wintertime when it is dark everywhere but I dont think for summertime. There is a lovely fragrance on the balls.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2003 2:33:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

I finally got a chance to try this powder from a sweet swapper. Came in a big plastic colorfully decorated jar, very pretty. The balls itself are multicolored and while you won't experience dramatic changes it really does add a "perk" to your skin. Makes my sallow skin look more alive. Pricy product at $45 but worth the effect. I also think this may be causing a minor breakout but I havent been able to narrow it down yet. Doesnt look dry or powdery. Great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2003 9:14:00 AM More reviews by photowife

I wanted to try this for a few days before I wrote my review. I like this product, but I am not sure why. I am not sure I see a difference...which could be the sign of a really good product. I wouldn't say my skin glows like some of the other users, but I will agree that it sets my make-up beautifully, and my face is so soft. It doesn't seem to sit on top of my skin like some powders can. I am keeping this..more as a good loose powder than a highlighter.
UPDATE::::: 04/03/2003 I really really love this stuff. The more I used it the more difference I saw it making. It really evens out my tone, and makes my red splotches less noticable. It does add a glow, not a shimmer or sparkle, just a glow. Unlike other reviews, I actually really love the fragrance...and I am usually the first to complain about something like that.
For all of you on the fence about this one, it is at a minimum the best loose powder I have used (undetectable, even on dry spots, doesn't settle in fine lines)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2003 6:43:00 PM More reviews by lovepickles

I have been using this for years as a light setting powder after foundation and cream blush (or even on a bare face after moisturizer). Seems like a gimmicky novelty item, but it is beautiful to look at and a fun concept that does work. You may not be able to see the difference on your face right away, but others will notice the subtle, natural radiance ("Your skin is glowing!") The meteorites last forever too (have yet to replace mine).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2003 2:45:00 AM More reviews by mriaow

I was surprised by just how subtle this shimmer was- the shimmer particles were amost indetectable. But it did give me a gentle glow, and a boost to a dull complexion. You can afford to be a little more heavy-handled with application, because the little beads of powder seem to be quite hard-pressed, therefore giving the most subtle of healthy glows.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2003 5:55:00 PM More reviews by kitty_catalina

I like the concept, but I didn't see a difference with this product. I thought the scent was also overwhelming. The do last for a long time.