Guerlain Les Meteorites balls powder

4.1

on 6/16/2003 4:15:00 PM

Okay, so I have been looking at this powder for a very long time! I finally bought it off ebay for 69.99 (it was a gift set, multi colored lipgloss, meteorties w/brush, and perfume). I love the meteorites. Everbody is right, it is subtle but a noticable difference (if that makes sense). The powder brightens you up without making you look shiny. I had to sweep a generous amount on the top of one hand and then leave the other hand naked to really understand what the powder was doing. This is a very good highlighter, however I really don't like the smell. Very old ladyish. But seeing how the powder is sooooo... fabulous, I am forcing myself to get used to it. Definitely worth whatever price you have to pay to get it. The meteorites has become a staple in my daily routine, even if I feel like letting my skin breath and going "naked", I always put this on.

And as a side note.... The meteorties perfume stinks to high heaven (that went straight into the trash), the multi-colored gloss is a very pale lavender. Sometimes it looks okay (depends on the lighting) but is has a very strong tingle effect. Much stronger then any of The Chanel glossimers, so much so that I expected to look down at my lips and see a million tiny ants crawling around. No terribly pleasent! And the brush that came with the powder, it was not the multi-colored brush, it was the one with the pink bristles. Altough the shape is nice, it sheds. Nothing worse then a brush that sheds. When I'm done putting on my makeup I don't expect to have to go back and pull all the loose brush bristles off my face, it's slightly annoying. So......Long story Long....the only part of this gift package worth it was the powder (and it was definitely worth it).

on 6/9/2003 10:53:00 AM

A super cute and luxurious product. I have a smaller pot of these pearls and they are so pretty that I can't bear to use them. When swiped across the face, this gives a iridescent white colour that makes the face glow. It also has a strong smell that I find rather over-poweing at times. Doesn't really do much but every girl should have one because it's just dandy!

on 5/27/2003 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have used this product for about 4 years and love it! The multi-colored iridescent balls give your face a flawless glow. As other MUAers have mentioned the key here is the subtleness of the product. You won't see a huge transformation in your face, but I have found that this controls my oil (to a degree), evens my skin tone, and gives me a flawless finish. It does not, however, give a lot of coverage. Which is fine for me (I use this on my bare face, no foundation), but may not work for someone who is looking for coverage. Personally, I like the fragrance, which dissipates quickly, but I can see how some people might not. Yes, at $42.50 this is expensive, BUT it lasts forever. I bought my first jar of this in the fall of 1998 and finally used it up and just recently repurchsed a second jar.

on 5/20/2003 5:01:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

2-28-2015 - I thought I'd revise my review since it had been many years since I wrote my first review of this. Like many things that come and go, I had lost interest in these lovely little colored pearls. Now at age 41, I can honestly say this powder is fabulous for maturing skin! I used it this morning, after a recent repurchase, and I was amazed at the luster and subtle glow my skin achieved. The fragrance is lovely, one of the things I've always enjoyed about it. If you have yet to purchase these gorgeous little spheres of perfection, by all means, buy some!

Original Review:
This has become my favorite powder, thanks to a recommendation from MayM! My skin tends towards some dryness, so I don't really use a powder to absorb oil, only to set my foundation or tinted moisturizer. I find the scent of these gorgeous little spheres to be so uplifting and indulgent. Reminds me of wild violets and lavender! I've even pulled out the little container just before bedtime so I can inhale the beloved fragrance. As for the effect of the powder, I can't stand to go without using it anymore...it adds such a healthy, dewy look to my complexion, with only a tad of shimmer, not glittery like some powders, and this never makes my skin look dry or dull. I purchased the loose spheres from www.strawberrynet.com, which is based in Hong Kong...the delivery was very fast, and the price (42.50 USD) was so much cheaper than purchasing it from here in the states! Since I love finding a good sale, I also purchased another brand new one from eBay over the weekend (for $35 USD) so hopefully the product will be as good and will arrive in tact. I bought the beautiful refillable Voyage compact which contains the same Meteorites powder in pressed form ($99 USD, also from strawberrynet.com), but with slightly less glimmer. It has the same wonderful scent, and I love revealing it from the depths of my handbag to touch up during the day...everyone always loves how beautiful the compact is:) You would, however, need to carry a separate brush or puff for the compact...the case is so thin that no puff fits in there. continued >>

on 4/28/2003 4:22:00 AM

A lightly fragranced powder which is great either by itself, or to set your foundation.
Cute packaging and the product gently highlights your face.
Quite expensive, so i suggest purchasing duty-free if possible!

ADORE this product. The key here is it is subtle. Yeah, the green and lavender and blue and pink balls of powder look a little less than subtle, but when you swirl a good blush brush in them and apply it, use it for about a week, and then go without it, you do notice a subtle difference- you look more healthy with it. I swear! The powder is ultra-fine, and since I have large pores I used to avoid ALL shimery stuff, but it's so slight that you look mildly dewy. Don't pay the extra $35.00 for that matching blush brush,the multi-colored one. It SHEDS all over the place, and the pretty colors that were dyed on the bruch hair to match the Meteorites packaging and product, faded all ugly. I am dying to get the refillable protable compact.. anyone reveiw that one yet? :)

on 3/26/2003 11:37:00 AM

I agree with the last few posts. It's not an obvious product on your face, just seems to liven up your skin? Again, maybe the sign of a great product. Goes on nicely, skin looks very soft and smooth. It could probably be used alone as a powder, but I've only tried it over my LM loose powder on my cheeks, forehead, nose, and chin. Not necessarily a highlighter, no obvious shimmer. I say I would repurchase, but I'm guessing this will last forever, and by the time it runs out, I'll be on to something else =). Packaging is a little special---will have to figure something out when we travel.... Got a great deal on eBay, brand new, so try it out!

on 3/22/2003 9:49:00 AM

If you love classyness and elegance and want luxyry from your make up. This fills the criteria. These multicolored powder balls comes in a very beautifull compact. I purchased this to do the work of loose powder instead of traditional loose powder. I had never used a loose powder before and I was just a makeup novice and did not actually know why to use loose powder. So I thought that these would do the job and I was happy until I realized that these dont really do anything that loose powder should. This can not be used as a loose powder because it just lays top of your skin and does not fasten your makeup. This is a highlighter. It gives your face radiance and on the sunshine the glitter particles will show on your face. This is an ok product for wintertime when it is dark everywhere but I dont think for summertime. There is a lovely fragrance on the balls.

on 3/14/2003 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I finally got a chance to try this powder from a sweet swapper. Came in a big plastic colorfully decorated jar, very pretty. The balls itself are multicolored and while you won't experience dramatic changes it really does add a "perk" to your skin. Makes my sallow skin look more alive. Pricy product at $45 but worth the effect. I also think this may be causing a minor breakout but I havent been able to narrow it down yet. Doesnt look dry or powdery. Great product!

on 3/13/2003 9:14:00 AM

I wanted to try this for a few days before I wrote my review. I like this product, but I am not sure why. I am not sure I see a difference...which could be the sign of a really good product. I wouldn't say my skin glows like some of the other users, but I will agree that it sets my make-up beautifully, and my face is so soft. It doesn't seem to sit on top of my skin like some powders can. I am keeping this..more as a good loose powder than a highlighter.
UPDATE::::: 04/03/2003 I really really love this stuff. The more I used it the more difference I saw it making. It really evens out my tone, and makes my red splotches less noticable. It does add a glow, not a shimmer or sparkle, just a glow. Unlike other reviews, I actually really love the fragrance...and I am usually the first to complain about something like that.
For all of you on the fence about this one, it is at a minimum the best loose powder I have used (undetectable, even on dry spots, doesn't settle in fine lines)

Video Reviews & Tutorials

This vs.That | Guerlain Météorites vs. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder | JJ BeautyRoom by JJ BeautyRoom