October 20, 2014 | 1398 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Sin Eyeshadow

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2005 6:38:00 PM More reviews by jennifer1014

This is a great neutral shade for everyday. Just keep it to a minimum as it can be a bit shiny for some. UD has great pigment and is reasonable when it comes to $$$. Can't find sin at your local beauty counter no problem, ask for kitten from Stila. They are basically identical.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2005 5:13:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I LIKE this! Urban Decay is not exactly famous for neutral eyeshadow colors, but Sin is a good one from them!
I must say that as a Christian, I hate the name but love the eyeshadow. And, yes, that was a joke.
Sin is a light-to-medium pinky/peachy champagne color with rich pigmentation, smooth texture, and nice shimmer (no glitter). It is a little deeper than I expected, but its still pale enough to make a great highlighter for browbones and inner corners of eyes.
Im very pleased with this shadow; its one of those neutral-but-not-boring shades that are so versatile.
I think it will look good with just about any other color, especially with browns.
Im cool-toned, but I think the subtle peachy tones in this one will please warm-toned ladies, as well.
I expect this to be a staple item that I will buy repeatedly.

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2005 11:24:00 AM More reviews by sheisontherun

A lovely shadow, but unfortunately, it isn't very unique. This looks nearly identical to MAC's Naked Lunch, both in the pan and once applied. Sin has slightly more frost and that's the only difference on my skin. For me, I can't justify owning both and I prefer the texture of MAC. If you don't already own a shimmery neutral champagne though, by all means, give this a shot.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2005 11:01:00 AM More reviews by ameliab86

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this eyeshadow since the days of Urban's metal pots and still love it. It's an awesome neutral color and it goes with everything (my favorites to add to it are MAC's Mulch and Clinique's Foxy). The beautiful frosty champagne color isn't too gaudy and I always get compliments when I wear this. It's definitely a staple in my makeup collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2005 10:53:00 PM More reviews by road

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Sin is not quite as bright and shiny as Stila Kitten but comes close. I think this is a great eyeshadow but I love and use Kitten more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2005 8:26:00 PM More reviews by jostrows

I love this shadow!!! Highly pigmented and looks great with just about anything, good for day or night. Color is a neutral beige shimmer. I will definitely repurchase! This is my favorite eyeshadow that I own!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2005 4:17:00 PM More reviews by violetlily690

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Sin is the perfect shimmery and neutral champange color. It looks gorgeous as a wash or base color. On me (NW20) it adds a beautiful shimmer that looks great with just about everything. I highly recommend this shadow to anyone and everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2005 3:50:00 AM More reviews by dustgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Sin is the perfect neutral; a shimmering champagne. Goes with so many other eyeshadows, is lovely to highlight, and adds instant polish all on its own. The texture is amazing too, so soft and silky, blends beautifully. Will run out and repurchase when I use this one up.

Edit: I am now on my 3rd Sin. I have recently purchased the new formulation and I love that it is softer now and easier to blend, but that softness comes at a price. I used to be able to carry Sin around in my purse, but this new formulation is so soft and delicate that it has broken. Thankfully it's still useable, just a top section broke off, but it needs to live at home now. I do miss the old "token" packaging. I find the new compacts are harder to open, but they do have the bonus of being easily depotted into a special new UD palette. So some drawbacks to the reformulation, but still a winner overall.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2005 3:02:00 AM More reviews by khoney101

This is one of the first pieces of makeup I bought before my full-fledged makeup-purchasing addiction. Sin is a pretty champagne-colored shadow. A nice neutral with a little something special. Very versatile.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2005 1:36:00 PM More reviews by Babyseita

This eyeshadow is awesome. A light beigey taupe with a nice shimmer, not sparkles. Perfect for daytime, perfect for mixing with darker hues for nightime. I wear this almost everyday, when I don't want to play up my eyes too much, but when I want color on my eyes. I love Urban Decay eyeshadows because they're extremely pigmented (meaning you don't have to rub it a million times to get some color on your lids). Worth every penny. UPDATE: 3 years later and this is my HG eyeshadow and Urban Decay's eyeshadow primer is my HG primer.