April 16, 2014 | 1961 users online

Loose Powders - Laura Mercier - Secret Brightening Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2005 8:38:00 PM More reviews by gimme_chocolate

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this over my LM Secret Brightner and there's nothing better to light up the area underneath my eyes and really make them POP! I also use it over Dior Skinflash and YSL Touche Eclat. Wonderful stuff - takes years off of my face! Well worth the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2005 2:28:00 PM More reviews by greek1

I use this to set my secret concealer. I also apply a little on the inner corners of my eyes to open them up. I look like I've had a full nights rest even when I get 4 hours of sleep.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2005 2:19:00 PM More reviews by nicolley77

i use this with the secret brightener. i put secret brightener under my eyes, then set it with this powder using the secret camouflauge powder brush. i think it looks pretty good! but i'm a laura mercier addict, so i may be biased.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2004 11:40:00 AM More reviews by rebeccathereader

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product and think it works miracles at setting concealer under eyes and on acne. The one problem is that the holes in the plastic cover are too big and let too much powder out. This should have been designed better.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2004 12:30:00 AM More reviews by ParasiteEve_Under

I have heared soo much review on how excellent this powder is but i have to say that i am slightly dissapointed. It is supposed to get rid of the eyebags or at least mask the appearance of it. I use it on top of my concealer, but i feel that dusting this powder left me with a racoonish feeling. I might be dusting too much of it, but i doubt it. Plus if i look closely, i can see gliterry specks under my eyes & its just kinda weird. I will keep on using this though, because i have spent AU$45 on it & i intend of make full use of it. If i do finally mastered the art of using this brightening powder, i will update.

Update: I bought the secret brightener from Laura Mercier & i have to agree that it does help. I guess the main key is you have to use it with the Secret brightener to really see a difference.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2004 11:14:00 PM More reviews by PradaPrincess

this works very beautifully over my undereye concealer and just magically makes them disappear even more. I've been using my Trish Sheer Eye Contour brush to apply this and it's the perfect size and deposits just enough.

edit- sorry but after a few more uses, I found this made my under eye area appear dry and ashy. Have since gotten rid of it

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2004 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Rummy

Wow...what a different good powder can do. It is such a finely milled powder. Feel like silk than anything. I use it to set my concealer and brighten up my dark undereyes. I put it on the area I want to reflect light (undereyes, cheekbone, forehead). Works beautifully.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2004 4:58:00 PM More reviews by sabrrre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wonderful stuff! Finely milled and feels like silk. I start off with the secret brightener under my eyes, follow that with my regular concealer, and then pat this powder on with a small brush to set. My eyes look bright and no trace of creasing or dark circles!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2004 11:11:00 PM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this product because I was in need of a loose powder to apply over my foundation. I liked how finely milled it was but it didn't highlight or brighten anything. The shimmer amount is almost nonexistant and I didn't notice any difference. From reading the other posts, it seems it should have been used with a concealor. Don't buy it if you want to use it as a loose powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2004 4:22:00 AM More reviews by RileyKate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this powder feels like silk! - I got this to set my LM Secret (under eye) Concealer - the duo is amazing! - it's also beautiful as a highlighter on cheekbones!