Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

4.2

on 4/11/2006 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This was an okay product- it truly is very finely milled and it feels great applied. However it did crease anyway, and I do not find it any better at luminizing the eye area than my usual T. Leclerc in Blanche (white).

on 4/5/2006 12:10:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I hoped that this would offer some diffusion and brightening (I used it over LM Secret Concealer), but it flaked and caked, just like every other powder and many concealers I have used in the past. Gave me that crackly/alligator-skin look, even though I used just the tiniest amounts (as recommended) and tried various amounts of moisturizer underneath. I had also hoped I could use this as a subtle highlighter on the inner corners of my eyes, but it flaked there, too. I returned it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is amazing!!!!! this paired with the secret brightner is amazing totally erases my undereye circles completley :)

on 3/1/2006 8:28:00 PM

If I could give this product 10 lipsticks I would, and you bet your bippy I'll purchase this again...and again...and again, they're going to have to bury me with it!!! I originally bought it not for the purported brightening effect, but because I had read that it is super-finely milled and won't crease into the lines under the eyes or cake up over concealer, and it won't make the eye area look "older" than it is, like powders usually do. It's true! The difference between using this an ordinary loose powder to set concealer is amazing! The powder is undetectable on the skin, does not accentuate lines nor settle into them, does not cake up, and does indeed give a lovely brightening effect. I'm tellin' ya', this stuff takes a good 10 years off my under-eye area. WooHoo! BTW - I use shade #2, which is yellow based but **very** light, it is lighter than the LM loose powder in Ivory.

on 2/19/2006 10:12:00 AM

Very nice. Definitely brightened up my undereye circles. I was very impressed by how much difference it made, even when I was already wearing concealer. I think almost every woman could benefit by adding this to their makeup routine.

on 2/18/2006 10:40:00 PM

I mentioned in the review of the "Secret Concealer"(don't you want to say "Double Scecret Probabtion" Concealer? Did I just date myself?) that I finish with this powder. I'm no concealer expert, but these two "Secret" products together leave my undereye perfectly clear and fresh looking. I don't know what more I could ask for. I am enamored with these products because they work so well for me, and I recommend them whole-heartedly.

on 2/12/2006 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was skeptical that this powder really could make a visible difference in how my undereye area looks but I am more than impressed! It really does set your concealer and does make the eye area looks refreshed and smooth. Plus a little goes a long way so although the container looks small for the price, it really should last a long time. I think I will buy the Laura Mercier loose face powder as well!

on 1/23/2006 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Eep. I hate to be the voice of doom. I don't see anything very special about this product. I normally use mineral makeup with a lip brush to concentrate the makeup as concealer under my eyes, which works great. I applied the LM SBP on top, and I really didn't see any difference at all. It blends nicely and is almost creamy, yes, but it morphs into almost nothing and does not justify the lofty price tag, IMHO.

on 1/4/2006 6:49:00 PM

I love this so much and am so glad that I found it. It makes such a difference in the way my concealer stays on and looks. It totally brightens the eye area with out looking creasy or "powdery". I also use this around my nose where I have some redness and it works so well. I use this on top of Boing from Benefit which I really like. The jar is very small but the powder lasts forever, so it is not too over-priced. Great product and one that I will not be without!

on 12/21/2005 1:53:00 PM

The only thing that I have EVER found that will keep any & all concealers from creasing on me! Plus it has a white pigment w/ a slight sheen to help lighten & brighten dark circles. One of the few products I could truely not live without.

Recommended for Normal Skin