April 21, 2014 | 994 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2008 5:54:00 AM More reviews by vanilalam

I have oily skin so I was looking for a non-oil based makeup removal product. I was told at Sephora that this is actually a makeup remover instead of a cleanser and normal cleansing/toning procedures should follow after using this product.
First of all, it totally dries my skin off!! After using it for makeup removal, I felt like my skin woud peel off if I have give my skin another touch (but I was supposed to clean my face!). If it could be worse- it BURNS my eyes!!
The main point is..it doesn't remove makeup all that well. I actually tested this by using a foundation that is two tone lighter than my skin color on my hand and remove it with this cleanser....after rinsing it off I can still see some foundation on my skin when I look closely!!
I decided to try Fancl makup removal oil after this cleanser disappoined me and Fancl is about ten times better and would not add oil to my skin or dry it off! (And it also remove eye makeup!)
I'm sure you can find way better plain face-makeup remover (that does not remove eye makup or act also as a cleanser) in the market than this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2008 11:09:00 PM More reviews by gagirl08

I used to use the gel make up remover because my face is oily but then I received this in GWP and found that I loved it way better than the gel. It only takes a small pea sized amount and foams beautifully. And this doesn't dry out my skin like the gel. Of course is it not a cleanser, but I like removing make up before I actually wash my face. It is very creamy and smooth and leaves my face very clean feeling.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2008 11:04:00 PM More reviews by ameshi

I first tried Rinse-off when I was given a generously sized 100ml sample by a sales assistant, who recommended using it as a makeup remover. I can't say what the product is like as a cleanser, but as a makeup remover, it does the job really well.

I start off by wiping my face with a cotton pad with Dove's Deep Cleansing Cream (but you can find similar products from Ponds and co). It's a very rich cream and really removes the bulk of your makeup. I follow it on with Rinse-off to cleanse away residue makeup and make sure nothing is clogged in my pores. The foaming quality to Rinse-off makes sure the richness of the Dove cream effects my combination sensitive type skin, but it's not so abrasive that it will dry my skin out either, so you feel like the skin is not only really clean and makeup free but also moisturised.

At first inspection, the price doesn't seem very value for money as a makeup remover, but only a very small amount is needed each time actually so one bottle goes a long way. As a general rule, the size of a small coin would be a decent amount.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2008 9:57:00 AM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This smell is nice, the colour is nice. The product feels soft to the skin and I like the foaming action. It rinses clean, although if I wear makeup, it doesn't remove it all so I follow up with a toner and usually at least two passes. That is disappointing because I like a cleanser to remove all my foundation. I do not use it around the eyes - girls, that's what eye makeup remover is for. Just like there are special creams for the eyes. I like the squeaky clean feeling, though I cannot understand it given the foundation residue, but ok. I too have been beginning to find dry patches which I never have and until reading the reviews here, I didn't realize that it may be the cleanser! I don't think I will repurchase and like every other Clinique cleanser, it will not make it to the finish line for me. My HG is still Elizabeth Arden 2-in-1 Cleanser Toner and that removes everything and is never drying for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2008 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett0722

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't know how this is considered a safe makeup remover. I burned my eyes out trying to get my mascara off with this. Thankfully I had a sample version of this and didn't spend money on it. Awful. Trashcan material. Also, leaves a film.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2008 12:08:00 PM More reviews by kikky

Got it many times from gift set w/ purchase. Have tried many times (wanna make sure I give it chances) but this product dries my skin out badly. Will not use it and will not buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2008 10:40:00 AM More reviews by MHUDSON71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I HAVE USED THIS MAKEUP REMOVER FOR ABOUT 2-3 YEARS NOW...MY SKIN ISNT OILY--ITS FAIRLY NORMAL....I LOVE THIS STUFF!!! I DONT CONSIDER IT TO HAVE A STRONG SCENT, AND IT REMOVES ALL OF MY MAKEUP...IT LATHERS NICELY AND RINSES SQUEAKY CLEAN, AND I HAVE NEVER HAD AN ISSUE WITH IT DRYING MY SKIN.....I ALWAYS USE THIS TO REMOVE MY MAKEUP AT NIGHT AND THEN FOLLOW WITH MY USUAL CLEANSER AND SKINCARE ROUTINE......

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2008 11:34:00 AM More reviews by avar

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is somewhat drying - I do not like using a facial cleanser that makes my face squeak after I have washed it off. It does a good job in removing make up, but take my advice and keep it away from your eyes. I got some near my eyes, by accident, and found that this stuff is caustic in the eye area and causes burning for many minutes after it is flushed out. I think I'll stick with my Philosophy Purity Made Simple or Paula's Choice facial cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2008 1:22:00 AM More reviews by bellefranjic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hmmm... I have read some of the reviews about this product and I honestly have not shared some of the bad experiences that others have. I got it as a gift with purchase and have been using it in the shower after removing my eye make-up with the terrible Aesop Remove (can't find it listed in MUA to vent about how bad it is, but anyone out there thinking of buying it, think again...). Anyway, back to the Clinique product, I find it quite alright. It lathers up really thickly and cleanses quite effectively. I haven't had any noticeable trouble with dryness or breakouts from this product, but I will continue using it and report back if I do. I am always keen to find faults in products from brands like Clinique, but my experience with this product hasn't yielded any criticisms.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2008 10:55:00 AM More reviews by b1mb088

Nasty harsh horrible product.