Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof

3.0

on 4/2/2009 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i LOVE this eyeliner. i think it has a lower rating than it deserves b/c the brush makes it pretty difficult for beginning liquid eyeliner users.
however, ppl say it flakes/chips if u rub it or cry (which it does) but i much rather prefer it flakes off then i can just remove it all myself then to have it smear and give me panda eyes like every other eyeliner does. but that only happens if i cry or touch it, other wise it lasts all day for me. i think it flakes more for other ppl since they're not good w/ liq so they keep having to fix the line and therefore pack it on too much.

if liq is too hard for u try almay's eyeliner crayon.

on 4/2/2009 12:40:00 AM

This was my first liquid eyeliner, and I feel like the need to be loyal towards it because it was one of my first HG item. However, I don't use this particular liner anymore just because I don't use liquid liners in general. I'm a fan of eyeliner pencils since it's just easier to use. This liquid liner was also pretty easy to apply, and creates a really nice wing. Though, it gets messy some times since it's liquid. I actually do prefer the brush applicators to the pens (like the Prestige liquid liner), probably just because I'm more used to it. The liner also dries fairly quickly, but it does have the tendency to flake. You have to reapply it a couple times throughout the day. I give it about 3 lippies

on 4/2/2009 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a hard liner to control for beginners. I like to use this because i can draw very fine thin lines. But if i am in a rush, its hard to make straight lines.

on 3/28/2009 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I am always buying liners but I always come back to this one. It has great staying power and the applicator is the best I've found so far. Another thing I like about it is that it's so easy to wash off.

on 3/25/2009 5:11:00 PM

My friend and I have used this product for years and nothing beats it. I've tried just about everything out there, from other cheap drugstore brands to expensive luxury ones. I always come back to this. My eyelids are so oily almost nothing stays on and everything causes raccoon eyes. Except this. It doesn't budge. I'm surprised by the reviews that say it flakes because the only time that's ever happened is when I get drunk and pass out without washing my face and even then it usually stays on!!!

...Draws a pretty thick line, but that's okay for me. It has a very shiny, vinyl looking finish, and can wrinkle with the natural folds of your eyelid if you aren't careful during application. Still, all-in-all, it's a nice liquid liner.

on 3/15/2009 3:30:00 PM

This liner is so good only if your wearing it for a little while. after a few hours it will chip or seperate and then chip. and if you try to fix it by going over it it will turn out looking really chunky. Im sticking to my Revlon Colorstay.

on 3/14/2009 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is an eyeliner that you would need some time of practice to get the right application, which I think many liquid eyeliners fall in the same problem because the different type of brush each of them uses. My problem with this product it is that once applied it looks like a piece of black tape in your eyes, somehow shiny and plastic looking. It would last and stay put long if you don't touch at all your face in your eye area, however if for some reason you do, the eyeline could fall apart in tiny little pieces so you would have a gap there.
Bottom line: affordable, will last if you are not involve in a very active activity or get in contact with your eyes area, vinyl looking finish. I wouldn't buy it again
Tip: For easier application use another eyeliner brush.

on 2/27/2009 5:23:00 AM

I hate this stuff. The texture is weird and rubbery, but it truly does last all day. I think it's really hard to apply though.

on 2/9/2009 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral

Worse product ever!

So hard to apply on! yucks! draws a thick line, instead of thin, and need to shake the bottle a lot the get the liner out!

and it smears like crazy.. so annoying

so so not pigmented at all. seems like a soft black, when i got the darkest black.needs lots n lots of layering to make it seem black enough