Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof

3.0

on 3/28/2009 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I am always buying liners but I always come back to this one. It has great staying power and the applicator is the best I've found so far. Another thing I like about it is that it's so easy to wash off.

on 3/25/2009 5:11:00 PM

My friend and I have used this product for years and nothing beats it. I've tried just about everything out there, from other cheap drugstore brands to expensive luxury ones. I always come back to this. My eyelids are so oily almost nothing stays on and everything causes raccoon eyes. Except this. It doesn't budge. I'm surprised by the reviews that say it flakes because the only time that's ever happened is when I get drunk and pass out without washing my face and even then it usually stays on!!!

...Draws a pretty thick line, but that's okay for me. It has a very shiny, vinyl looking finish, and can wrinkle with the natural folds of your eyelid if you aren't careful during application. Still, all-in-all, it's a nice liquid liner.

on 3/15/2009 3:30:00 PM

This liner is so good only if your wearing it for a little while. after a few hours it will chip or seperate and then chip. and if you try to fix it by going over it it will turn out looking really chunky. Im sticking to my Revlon Colorstay.

on 3/14/2009 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is an eyeliner that you would need some time of practice to get the right application, which I think many liquid eyeliners fall in the same problem because the different type of brush each of them uses. My problem with this product it is that once applied it looks like a piece of black tape in your eyes, somehow shiny and plastic looking. It would last and stay put long if you don't touch at all your face in your eye area, however if for some reason you do, the eyeline could fall apart in tiny little pieces so you would have a gap there.
Bottom line: affordable, will last if you are not involve in a very active activity or get in contact with your eyes area, vinyl looking finish. I wouldn't buy it again
Tip: For easier application use another eyeliner brush.

on 2/27/2009 5:23:00 AM

I hate this stuff. The texture is weird and rubbery, but it truly does last all day. I think it's really hard to apply though.

on 2/9/2009 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral

Worse product ever!

So hard to apply on! yucks! draws a thick line, instead of thin, and need to shake the bottle a lot the get the liner out!

and it smears like crazy.. so annoying

so so not pigmented at all. seems like a soft black, when i got the darkest black.needs lots n lots of layering to make it seem black enough

on 2/6/2009 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this liner, b/c it truely does not smudge. I have extremely oily lids and due to my crease, the upper part of my eyelid touches my lashline (I think this is called a hooded lid, but not sure). All eyeliners will leave a black smudge on the upper part of my lid where it touches my lashline, but this 100% does not. The only time this flaked on me was after a very long day of wearing it, (my eyelids were pretty greasy by that time) and I rubbed my eye. I also think it is easier to remove than most waterproof eyeliners.

What I don't like about this liner, is that it's too glossy and almost plastic looking. Due to the glossiness, you cannot put eye shadow over it, b/c it'll make the liner look wrinkly.

Bottomline, I love this when I want a dramatic liquid-lined look that'll last all day.

on 2/6/2009 12:12:00 PM

One of the worst purchases one could possibly make!!! It is extremely terrible! It would harded causing it to flake! I would not recommend it to anyone.

on 2/5/2009 8:41:00 AM

I love, love looove this liner. I've been using this for about a month and really love the staying power of this liner. I have one monolid and one double-lid and the monolid (I'm Asian) doesn't smear the liner at all. Ultra liner dries super fast. I find that if I make a mistake, pointy-tipped Q-tips are the perfect tool for touch-ups. There is a LOT of product in the bottle (0.25 fl oz.).

The brush stem tends to get clumpy, but I just use a tissue to wipe it down.

I've been test driving MAC's Fluidline and it smudges like crazy even after using Paint Pot as a base. Ultra does not smudge! It dries as a solid and flakes off (if it "falls off" at all). I'd rather have flakes than smudges all over undereye area.