Bare Escentuals Faux Tan

4.2

Water (Aqua/Eau), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dihydroxyacetone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Sorbitan Isostearate, Xanthan Gum, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Saccharomyces/Copper Ferment, Ascorbic Acid, Retinyl Palmitate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trisodium EDTA, Octapeptide-5, Phenoxyethanol, Geraniol, Linalool, Limonene, Fragrance (Parfum). May Contain: Red 40 (CI 16035), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Blue 1 (CI 42090).

on 1/30/2004 8:56:00 PM

This is the only self tanner I can use without the nasty orange look. The color guide is great - looks like chocolate pudding. The smell is very nice - cherry almonds. The dry-down time is great also. It is pricey ($23), but to me, it's worth it.

on 12/14/2003 3:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is hands down, the absolute best self tanner. EVER! I have used them all. (Seriously) The smell is not annoying and I love that you can see where you are putting it. It looks so natural! I have olive skin and it makes me glow. Definitely would buy this again!!!

on 9/14/2003 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have tried so many self tanners from cheap to expensive. The Bare Escentuals Faux Tan is the best ever!!!!! I am medium to fair skin, blonde hair, blue/green eyes and after using just one application of this self tanner you would have thought that I was away for a week in the sun. I must tell you that I have extremely sensitive skin - this product does not burn or irritate. There is no streaking, no blotchy spots plus it smells great - almonds. I use latex gloves when applying. I didn't even exfoliate - just after my shower I applied and instantly I looked tan. I must say I do like and use many of Bare Escentual's makeup - foundation, eyeshadow, eye liner and lipstick. I just wish I didn't have to order from QVC - there is no store in NJ. Try this product - you'll love it.
Regarding price - it is expensive BUT WORTH EVERY PENNY. I have used it 2x on my entire body and my bottle is at least 1/2 full. I don't understand why it didn't last as long for the other reviewers.

on 9/6/2003 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I agree with the other reviewers! This stuff is AWESOME!!! I've tried every brand of self tanner out there and this is the most natural looking I have found for my skin color! I also love that it's dark enough to see when you're applying it. Clarins was far too light for me to notice where it was being applied and I always ended up streaky. I can also use this on my face with no breakouts so far! YAY! I will definately re-purchase.

continued >>

on 8/27/2003 3:17:00 AM

Well, I must admit, I was a bit skeptical about this product. I thought I'd try it during the summer, because I am very fair complected. I love it, say goodbye to orangy tanners forever when you use this brand. The best part? I can see where Im putting it which makes application a snap. I only have one problem, the price for the amount, it almost took me the entire bottle to do two applications!

on 7/4/2003 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I am really surprised that no one has reviewed this yet! I saw it on QVC but they had sold out, so I was able to get it from Seeka on eBay. This stuff is GREAT! It's kind of a combination of instant bronzer and self tanner - the prefect mix! So you get immediate results of a beautiful, natural golden brown color, and then it develops fully in a few hours. No nasty smell, dries quickly, easy to apply. It comes out SUPER dark brown (think the color of black coffee!) which is great because you can see where you're putting it, and that gives you time to blend away any blotchiness. It has a light tropical or coconut smell, not at all chemical-y like a lot of self tanners. Only minor drawback is price for quantity, the bottle is only 4.5 oz. and I feel like I used quite a bit just doing my legs. I can't recall what it was priced at on QVC, but I paid about $23 for mine. Still ... I love it enough that I would bite the bullet and repurchase regardless of the price. Good stuff!

Video Reviews & Tutorials