Palladio Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

4.1

on 1/9/2006 1:47:00 PM

I was looking for a finishing powder that has a decent coverage to it. This stuff has totally met my expectations. I use it dry over top my max factor pan stick foundation. It sets my foundation and pumps up the coverage without looking cakey. I apply lightly with a powder brush, not with the sponge that it comes with. The color works for my skin, although I do understand why people are having issues with the color selection. They are a bit orangey, but it neutralizes on my skin. Maybe lightly using a powder brush helps with the orange (?). Got it at Sally's for a very reasonable price. The compact is fabulous. It has a separate compartment under the powder for the sponge, not that I use the sponge anyway... I have ultra sensitive skin, slightly dry... works great and I will repurchase!

This foundation went on very smoothly and covered flaws well. Unfortunately, the color selection is very limited and the closest color to my skin tone (Ivory Myrhh) was still a bit off. It made my skin look dirty. The packaging looks really good. If you can find a close color match, I think you will like it. However, it seems like a lot of people had the same problem I did.

on 12/24/2005 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is awesome for people with oily, shiny skin. I use it as a pressed powder for in my purse because it covers up blemishes that begin to show midday.

This powder does not cake like most drugstore brands do. It looks velvety smooth and matte on the skin.

on 11/24/2005 6:36:00 PM

I have acne-prone, scarred skin, and this is wonderful at covering up my flaws. I use this as a finishing powder over foundation, but on "good" skin days, it's enough on its own. I've been using this for over 2 years and don't think I will ever buy a different powder. And just FYI: Ulta no longer carries this line but it can be found at Sally's

on 10/13/2005 2:01:00 AM

Cute compact, Bad product. I bought this b/c of the MUA recs. Since I am pale, I bought the lightest shade (Laurel Nude). It was a little too pink, but I have bigger issues with it than that. I used it dry and the coverage was terrible. My skin looked blotchy (actually, it looked dirty!) and my pores were huge. RETURNED. ($9.99 @ Sally's Beauty Supply)

on 7/12/2005 1:23:00 PM

Great coverage dry. Have not tried it wet. I'm older
and have uneven skin tone. I have used it in the
super hot humid weather - but have used it
lightly - seemed to work ok. I use the ivory
myrth in the winter when my skin is pale and the
tan color in summer. I found this by accident and
I would definitely repurchase. Older gals take notice!

on 6/3/2005 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my favorite foundation/powder. I realized that I had not been applying correctly before but since I bought a flecked sponge (also at Sallys, ~$2, made of velour type material), I have been getting excellent coverage with this. I need extra coverage on my cheeks and this is the only thing from the myriad of products I have bought over the years that does not make me look like I am wearing make-up. I use Neutrogena's rapid clear moisturizer on my cheeks, wait for it to absorb and then I apply Palladio with the flecked sponge. Even under the harshest light, the right coverage can make you look like you are not wearing any make-up at all. It lasts pretty long but I do touch up some time later on in the day. As I have very oily skin, I am always afraid of makeup turning orange or muddy due to the mid-day oil. This foundation does not change colors on me. I wear it in Everlasting tan. I recommend this product (applied with a flecked sponge) to anyone who needs extra coverage without looking made-up. Better than any liquid foundation and mineral foundation. A wonderful, wonderful product. UPDATE: I had to downgrade this because yesterday was an especially hot and humid day that put this powder to the test. it looked awful after the heat and humidity made my skin really oily. if you have dry skin, this would be great i guess. but not for oily girls. darn darn darn

on 4/19/2005 12:02:00 PM

I have been using this wet/dry foundation for about 2 years and love it. It goes on nicely and does not cause any breakouts at all. I also like the packaging. I like that the sponge does not sit on top of the foundation like some do. It has it's own compartment under the foundation. Will repurchase over and over again.

on 4/12/2005 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this in WD405 Neroli Bronze since I am tanning. It was just a tad too dark so I swept it down onto my neck too so there wouldn't be a contrast. It will work better when I get a little more tan.

I love how soft the powder is. I can't even feel it on my skin after I put it on, and it seems to blend in even better with time. I applied it dry with a powder brush over concealer. I plan to try it wet with the sponge that is included.

UPDATE: Began to notice this was changing to an orangey color as time wore on! No longer using.

on 3/21/2005 7:06:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I wanted to love this. The packaging is wonderful. I tried numerous shades and I always came home at the end of the day orange.
I don't have oily skin. Matter of fact I have dry skin so I am not sure why I always turn orange. I normally wear nude beige colors, so I purchased this in a similar shade. My search for a HG continues.