October 20, 2014 | 1965 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2006 7:24:00 PM More reviews by starlight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my absolute holy grail of foundations/powders. I have used this product for about 2 years now. I have tried Stila, MAC, Clinique, and lots of drugstore brands, but this is absolutely IT. I was originally searching for a replacement for my beloved and discontinued Oil of Olay Complete Radiance powder foundation. The Palladio foundation has been an outstanding substitute. It applies like silk, feels absolutely weightless (unlike every other powder/powder foundation I've used), and evens out imperfections/blotchy skin. I also apply concealer under it. I have to reapply several times during the day, but I don't mind b/c it looks and feels so perfect. I have gotten so many compliments on my skin since using this; people actually think I have perfect skin, even when I have breakouts/redness! (Inside, I secretly laugh as I think about how wonderful the powder is.) If I'm looking for EXTRA long-lasting coverage, such as when I'm going out at night, I might dust a loose powder over it.

The only problem I've had with it is that SOMETIMES, when I have flaky skin, it will emphasize the flakies. However, this is a problem I've had with all powders. What I do in that situation is just apply a good AHA moisturizer (like Alpha Hydrox's) at night, and by next day, the flakies are banished.

If this were ever to be discontinued, I would probably stockpile about 50 extra compacts.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2006 1:47:00 PM More reviews by lizzyd220

I was looking for a finishing powder that has a decent coverage to it. This stuff has totally met my expectations. I use it dry over top my max factor pan stick foundation. It sets my foundation and pumps up the coverage without looking cakey. I apply lightly with a powder brush, not with the sponge that it comes with. The color works for my skin, although I do understand why people are having issues with the color selection. They are a bit orangey, but it neutralizes on my skin. Maybe lightly using a powder brush helps with the orange (?). Got it at Sally's for a very reasonable price. The compact is fabulous. It has a separate compartment under the powder for the sponge, not that I use the sponge anyway... I have ultra sensitive skin, slightly dry... works great and I will repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2005 7:19:00 PM More reviews by trinidoodlebug

This foundation went on very smoothly and covered flaws well. Unfortunately, the color selection is very limited and the closest color to my skin tone (Ivory Myrhh) was still a bit off. It made my skin look dirty. The packaging looks really good. If you can find a close color match, I think you will like it. However, it seems like a lot of people had the same problem I did.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2005 6:50:00 PM More reviews by hawleybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is awesome for people with oily, shiny skin. I use it as a pressed powder for in my purse because it covers up blemishes that begin to show midday.

This powder does not cake like most drugstore brands do. It looks velvety smooth and matte on the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2005 6:36:00 PM More reviews by musicjunkieha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have acne-prone, scarred skin, and this is wonderful at covering up my flaws. I use this as a finishing powder over foundation, but on "good" skin days, it's enough on its own. I've been using this for over 2 years and don't think I will ever buy a different powder. And just FYI: Ulta no longer carries this line but it can be found at Sally's

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2005 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Onyxopi

Cute compact, Bad product. I bought this b/c of the MUA recs. Since I am pale, I bought the lightest shade (Laurel Nude). It was a little too pink, but I have bigger issues with it than that. I used it dry and the coverage was terrible. My skin looked blotchy (actually, it looked dirty!) and my pores were huge. RETURNED. ($9.99 @ Sally's Beauty Supply)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2005 1:23:00 PM More reviews by suesun

Great coverage dry. Have not tried it wet. I'm older
and have uneven skin tone. I have used it in the
super hot humid weather - but have used it
lightly - seemed to work ok. I use the ivory
myrth in the winter when my skin is pale and the
tan color in summer. I found this by accident and
I would definitely repurchase. Older gals take notice!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2005 7:38:00 PM More reviews by sultana1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my favorite foundation/powder. I realized that I had not been applying correctly before but since I bought a flecked sponge (also at Sallys, ~$2, made of velour type material), I have been getting excellent coverage with this. I need extra coverage on my cheeks and this is the only thing from the myriad of products I have bought over the years that does not make me look like I am wearing make-up. I use Neutrogena's rapid clear moisturizer on my cheeks, wait for it to absorb and then I apply Palladio with the flecked sponge. Even under the harshest light, the right coverage can make you look like you are not wearing any make-up at all. It lasts pretty long but I do touch up some time later on in the day. As I have very oily skin, I am always afraid of makeup turning orange or muddy due to the mid-day oil. This foundation does not change colors on me. I wear it in Everlasting tan. I recommend this product (applied with a flecked sponge) to anyone who needs extra coverage without looking made-up. Better than any liquid foundation and mineral foundation. A wonderful, wonderful product. UPDATE: I had to downgrade this because yesterday was an especially hot and humid day that put this powder to the test. it looked awful after the heat and humidity made my skin really oily. if you have dry skin, this would be great i guess. but not for oily girls. darn darn darn

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2005 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Jennifer20

I have been using this wet/dry foundation for about 2 years and love it. It goes on nicely and does not cause any breakouts at all. I also like the packaging. I like that the sponge does not sit on top of the foundation like some do. It has it's own compartment under the foundation. Will repurchase over and over again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2005 3:57:00 PM More reviews by oasdus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in WD405 Neroli Bronze since I am tanning. It was just a tad too dark so I swept it down onto my neck too so there wouldn't be a contrast. It will work better when I get a little more tan.

I love how soft the powder is. I can't even feel it on my skin after I put it on, and it seems to blend in even better with time. I applied it dry with a powder brush over concealer. I plan to try it wet with the sponge that is included.

UPDATE: Began to notice this was changing to an orangey color as time wore on! No longer using.