Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

Active Ingredients: Benzoyl Peroxide (3.5%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Kaolin, Bentonite, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Titanium Dioxide, Trideceth 9, PEG 5 Ethylhexanoate, Menthol, Sodium Citrate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Fragrance 5/29/09

on 11/16/2009 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have super oily skin...this helps to control oil and prevent breakouts...This and Alba Sea Enzyme Scrub let me win the war against acne!

on 11/16/2009 3:23:00 PM

I am 32 years old and have had exteremely oily, acne pronse skin ever since I can remember. I've tried expensive stuff like DDF and Peter Thomas Roth and have finally found relief using this cleanser.

I wouldnt reccommend it as a mask unless you have tough skin, but I do leave it sit on my face for just a few minutes while I brush my teeth. Skin feels refreshed and extremely clean witout feeling stripped after use. It seems to be much more effective for me than Sacilyic Acid cleansers.

I've gone through an entire tube of this and can't believe how much clearer my skin looks.

Try It!

on 11/13/2009 9:58:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Love love love this cleanser!! This has gotten rid of my acne and removed my makeup at the same time. Don't really use the mask maybe once a year lol but its a great cleanser.

on 10/23/2009 1:00:00 AM

I sincerely love this product even though I've only used this product three times. I had a planet on my forehead, but when I used this. The next day, my pimples had shrunken. Idk if this is normal or not, but my face gets itchy here and there. Not super itchy or anything. It also makes my face really soft! Normally cleansers don't do that to my face esp. the last cleanser I had which was Noxzema, it wasn't really doing anything to my skin except keeping it fresh and sort of clean. This product is definitely a must! Okay, only if it works for your skin. I have oily-combination skin and it worked for me cause Neutrogena is for people with combination to oily skin. I think they have products for dry skin people too but I'm not too sure about that. xD

on 10/16/2009 3:00:00 AM

When it comes to benzoyl peroxide, I'm very cautious because of past experiences. I decided that I have an allergy to it because everytime I used it, my skin would become dry, red, flaky, & dull. But I had to see what all the fuss was about and my acne hasn't been responding to salicylic acid. So I bought it and am so happy I did!! My skins finally clearing up and isn't irritated at all. In fact it doesn't even feel dry, just clean and like my pores are finally cleared out..I need a cleanser that does that as I wear foundation pretty much everyday. Yet another great acne product from Nuetrogena!

on 10/7/2009 1:26:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Heaven in a tube! I bought this after st. ives apricot scrub broke me out terribly, and it cleared up my spots wonderfully. I love the tingly cool feeling of this cleanser, and I have used it as a mask and it has a very intense fresh feeling.. If you are sensitive to the cooling i would not recommend using this as a mask though. My skin feels very clean but not tight or filmy after washing my face. The only gripes I have are that since it's a dual cleanser/mask, its a bit "chalky" and takes some patience to lather. Other than that, love it!

on 9/23/2009 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

So, I absolutely love this cleanser. I feel that is definetly has been improving my skin and getting rid of my blemishes fast. I've been using it for a few months and just recently bought another one. I don't use it as a mask. I feel that it would be too strong as a mask. Instead, I use it in the morning along with a gentle exfolilator and at night when taking a shower I leave it on my face for a few min while doing my hair.
I would definetly not recommend using this for spot treatments. I agree with another reviewer on here, that when used as a spot treatment it will reduce the blemish but leave a nasty dark mark. Instead, I use queen helene mint julep for spot treatments and it works! =)
overall, I love love this cleanser. =)
5/5 on everything but spot treatment.
Oh and another thing to note about this is that you know when you pour some in your hand and some stays in the cap, well it'll harden quite a bit and can make a big clumpy mess if you don't clean it up. I instead just got all that clumpy goodness and used it for my chest while in the shower and didn't waste any product. =)

on 9/6/2009 11:55:00 PM

This is pretty good. I don't recommend using it as a mask- what I do is put it on my spots as a mask for 5 minutes but not on my whole face. It will make any sensitive areas on your face red. But overall it's pretty good.

I hate this. I put it on my whole face for 3 minutes and it in the dry parts of my face (cheeks/chin/jaw) it make it all red and bumpy which went away after like an hour....but it was unsightly. In my T-zone it just made my skin irritated so all the zits were more visible for like an hour afterward. It did nothing to clear the zits. The only good thing it did was get rid of those blackheads on my nose. I will keep on using it but only on my blackheads.

on 8/30/2009 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this!! I bought this a couple weeks ago and couldn't wait to give my review. I have used soooo many cleansers for acne and because I'm 37 and my skin is different from when I was 17, everything was just too drying and I still would wind up with a new pimple every day or so. Normally my skin is okay with at least a couple bumps here and there but nothing extreme even though my biggest concern after fine lines is combating breakouts. Keep in mind that I've been using products containing salicylic acid for years but still putting up with breakouts. Well now that I've been using this a couple times a week if not once a day I have been pimple free!! I think using this product with it's BP has made the difference. I love the cooling sensation and haven't experienced any overdrying but I do moisturize afterward. Two thumbs up!!