November 26, 2014 | 1201 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Alcohol-Free Toner

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2006 1:31:00 PM More reviews by hepgal13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't believe this is still on the market. Fragranced water, at best....in other words, it don't do nothin' at all....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2006 7:13:00 AM More reviews by g_82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Some think toners are skippable, but toning is a must in my beauty regimen. I've tried quite a lot toners from high end to low end. This simple but effective toner is one of my fav. It's quite gentle and doesn't make my skin feel tight. Although it's gentle, it's still effective at removing any makeup residue. And it doesn't leave any sticky film on my skin like some other alcohol free toners. It has a faint rose scent which doesn't smell too artificial.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2006 2:06:00 AM More reviews by ynvmee247

This is a good gentle toner for removing the makeup your cleanser left behind. It's non-drying, smells pleasant, and helps to hydrate skin. I don't know if it's the cotton-pad action, but it also helps to remove dead skin cells and dry flakes. It's probably not the greatest necessity in my skincare routine, but is nevertheless a nice touch. I wouldn't mind buying it again, esp. since there's nothing else like it on drugstore shelves.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2006 12:16:00 AM More reviews by AZsugarpie

I wanted an alcohol free toner that was not drying and looked at numerous brands at all different price levels. I decided on this one and I am very happy with it. A little dab will do you. I never used toners before this because I was under the impression that they were unnecessary. My skin was dull and I had a problem with clogged pores and pimples. After I started using this my skin has never been prettier. I wish I had starting using this stuff 10 years ago! I use it with the Fresh Foaming facewash by Neutrogena. The combo works great together.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2006 1:10:00 PM More reviews by faedreams79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

so far I've been using this for a week and a half, in conjunction with Neutrogena oil free acne wash cream cleanser and aveeno clear complexion moisturizer. As of right now my face is clearer than I can remember it being in about 14 years. so i like it. Since I haven't been using it very long I'm only giving it 4 lippies. If my skin takes a turn for the better or the worse I'll change my review!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2006 12:43:00 PM More reviews by met451

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Thus far, this is the best toner I've ever used. I have combo skin, therefore I usually use a Cetaphil cleanser, moisturizer and this toner, and my skin has never been more happy. I still have slight break outs, but I have noticed that the acne goes away quicker and that the pimples are significantly smaller than before (have no idea if this has anything to do with it, but I have to wonder). I can use this toner and go without moisturizer at night, which is a miracle for me (been using moisturizer at night since I was 15). Over all, I am very happy with this product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2006 12:24:00 AM More reviews by lclc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this toner for 9 years. In the past few months I have noticed the bottle shape has changed and one ingredient is slightly different. The old bottles listed "purified water" as the first ingredient. On the new bottles, the first ingredient is just "water." Unfortunately, the product in these new bottles does not seem to work as well for me. In fact, I am wondering if there might be more water and less of the other ingredients, but that is just speculation. In any case, I have decided to stop using this product because it doesn't seem to be doing any kind of cleaning or toning now. Sadly, the search for a new toner has begun. UPDATE: I am upgrading from 3 to 4 lippies. After searching department stores and drug stores, I can't find anything that works like this toner does. Everything else is either too drying or makes me break out. So, I'm back to buying this toner and I've come to appreciate it all the more. I just wish Neutrogena would put a seal on this so that it would be tamper-proof. I would gladly pay a little more for the security of knowing noone else has used it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2006 7:27:00 PM More reviews by RinoaHeartilly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had a similar experience as erica057. I was trying to find out what was drying out my skin so horribly, and the culprit was this toner. My skin is normally very dry but never scaly. As soon as I stopped using this, my skin was back to normal. I was such a huge Neutrogena devotee, too. It wasn't a great toner either. It left an uncomfortable residue that I'm sure anyone with oily skin wouldn't appreciate.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2005 10:46:00 PM More reviews by sharopooks

My HG toner is Clarins for Normal/Oily Skin, but as that costs $22, I'm always on the lookout for a drugstore alternative. While this is not the d/s equivalent of that fave toner, it's definitely a quality option. I started using this product on my combination normal/oily skin during the late summer and though I found it refreshing, I thought it did not provide the gentle-yet-effective cleansing of the Clarins' toner; it seemed almost TOO gentle for me. HOWEVER, now that it's getting colder out, I find myself really pleased with this toner's mild cleansing. I usually don't even use toner during the winter, but this is so gentle that I can use this confidently during a NY December without worrying about drying out. So this product works great during the colder months and/or for drier or more delicate skins. But if your skin is a bit oilier, you'll find yourself desiring more cleansing power during the hotter months.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2005 5:28:00 PM More reviews by kellyson

I turned to this toner when they apparently discontined my beloved Dove toner. A few months in, and I have no complaints. In fact, it seems to get pull up more dirt that the Dove toner. My skin is combo with a tendency to be dry (except for nose), so I needed something alcohol free. Like the Dove toner, it helps to combat the acne and keep my face clear without drying it. It's a little pricey, but until I find something else that won't dry my skin or make me break out, I'm sticking with this.