April 21, 2014 | 1821 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Alcohol-Free Toner

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2005 10:46:00 PM More reviews by sharopooks

My HG toner is Clarins for Normal/Oily Skin, but as that costs $22, I'm always on the lookout for a drugstore alternative. While this is not the d/s equivalent of that fave toner, it's definitely a quality option. I started using this product on my combination normal/oily skin during the late summer and though I found it refreshing, I thought it did not provide the gentle-yet-effective cleansing of the Clarins' toner; it seemed almost TOO gentle for me. HOWEVER, now that it's getting colder out, I find myself really pleased with this toner's mild cleansing. I usually don't even use toner during the winter, but this is so gentle that I can use this confidently during a NY December without worrying about drying out. So this product works great during the colder months and/or for drier or more delicate skins. But if your skin is a bit oilier, you'll find yourself desiring more cleansing power during the hotter months.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2005 5:28:00 PM More reviews by kellyson

I turned to this toner when they apparently discontined my beloved Dove toner. A few months in, and I have no complaints. In fact, it seems to get pull up more dirt that the Dove toner. My skin is combo with a tendency to be dry (except for nose), so I needed something alcohol free. Like the Dove toner, it helps to combat the acne and keep my face clear without drying it. It's a little pricey, but until I find something else that won't dry my skin or make me break out, I'm sticking with this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2005 10:06:00 AM More reviews by Mel_C

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had to buy this because the store was out of the sensitive skin alcohol-free toner and I honestly thought they would be about the same - I was wrong. This one just did not seem to work very well for me. My senstive skin just didn't respond to this one as well as the other formula. I used it only until I could get the one I wanted and swapped it away. Won't re-purchase this formula.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2005 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Lil_Mamma_001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found this toner to be ok. Not something I would use or buy again. It does have a nice light smell to it. But I have combo skin (more dry sometimes) and it really didn't do anything for me. Now my mom loves it. Since it is alcohol-free it won't dry out your skin like most alcohol toners. I would say if you have dry skin or sentisive skin this would be a good product for you. But I won't be buying it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2005 4:03:00 PM More reviews by fairylis

This is a good toner that feels very gentle on my skin. It's effective at getting rid of the last traces of makeup. However, it makes my face shiny and oily! I have combo skin so maybe this will work better for someone with dry skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2005 7:27:00 PM More reviews by PeachyLichee

I picked this toner up since I ran out of my Dove Alcohol-Free Toner and they didn't have any at Wal-Mart awhile back.
I used it for about two weeks until I noticed some white bumps on my cheeks. Before, it left my skin soft and supple, but not sticky or oily, so I thought it'd all work out well, but I really do not like the bumps. They're not big, but they look like white heads (?). They're white bumps that are just "there"... with no pore to escape from. I hear that they disappear after awhile, when not irritated anymore. I'm going to stop using this for awhile to see if they go down... the bumps could be a reaction from this toner. If they don't go away, then I'll update and boost this rating.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2005 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Peaches69x

I like this product as it's alcohol-free and not harsh on my skin. The smell is great, soft and not too strong. It's just right. It does a good job taking off left over makeup that my cleanser was unable to get. It leaves the skin sticky at first, but dries away in 30 seconds or so leaving the skin soft and smooth. My only problem with this product is that my skin feels oily soon after using it. This could also be caused by my combination skin. It may also trigger small pimples in some areas which I believe if I had not used this product my skin would have been more clear. Overall it's not too bad. I wouldn't recommend using this product before applying makeup, but rather using it at night time to totally remove any traces of makeup your cleanser may have missed. I think this product would work best on dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2005 4:19:00 PM More reviews by cheral

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This works really well for me. (I have pretty normal skin, it's more dry than it is oily.) It didn't irritate my skin at all and even though this isn't an acne product, the day after I used this, my pimples were going away, and no new ones were forming. And this wasn't because of any other product because I was using the same things I was using before. I think maybe I was overdrying my skin and this helped put some moisture in which made my skin better. I used to think toners didn't do anything, because the burts bees one I had did absolutely nothing, but this really works.

Pros: It worked (on me), its gentle, doesn't dry out skin, great packaging

Cons: It is kind of expensive considering the first two ingredients are water and dye. Also it is a little sticky right after you put it on but after a few minutes it doesn't feel like that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2005 4:09:00 PM More reviews by blufunk

When I need a toner for my acne prone skin, I reach for this product. It doesn't dry my skin out and does a good job of removing from my skin anything I missed during cleansing. It smells good and is non irritating.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2005 10:18:00 PM More reviews by vanillasugardream

I didnt like it. Made my skin texture feel weird. Didnt do anything bad like break me out, but, just was a waste of $6. It felt almost like hydrogen peroxide, something I used as a toner, foolishly following advice from Paula Begoun(sp?)