April 16, 2014 | 2037 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Frost - Angel

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2010 12:10:00 AM More reviews by Inyoung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Edit: The reviewer that was below this review yesterday deleted her review...! But I'll still post my thoughts! (:

I received Angel in new condition from a swap, wanting to know what all the hype was about. Let me just say I'm glad I got it in a swap or else I would be super disappointed and even mad.

My lips are naturally a soft pink color but my skin is around (at most, all year round) an NC40, Asian (Korean, etc.). I think it's important to note that because this lipstick just does not look good on me. I've tried lining my lips beforehand (which I rarely do anyways), put a cute gloss on top of it but I truly feel that it makes my face look grossly washed out. Although I am an NC40 with yellow undertones, I am pale and this lipstick makes me look sickly pale.

Nevertheless it is a gorgous lip color and I wish I could pull it off! To this day I'm still searching for a pretty pink lippie that I could pull off with my skintone! Surprisingly, to me none of the MAC lipsticks (regardless of the finish/formula) have ever dried out my lips! Just put on a good moisturizing lip balm and primer prior to use!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Asianbarbiee91

I agree with the reviewer below me. I'm asian (korean for reference) and I thought this lippie looked too "plain" on me. On me, it's something that's very duplicable and not even worth buying for full retail price. I didn't like this nor creme cup although they are very popular products from MAC. I do think this will look gorgeous on a fair skinned blonde woman..

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2010 9:41:00 PM More reviews by steffanii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I know this is a very popular color, but I'm not so fond of it. I don't think it suits my asian complexion, but I think it would be a wonderful color for maybe caucasian complexion :) other than that, I'm not so fond of the frost finish either. I'll still wear it when my eye looks call for a barbie pink lipstick though!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 1:50:00 AM More reviews by wednesdei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Angel, - the infamous Mac lipstick that Kim Kardashian wears a lot! For a Frost lipstick, this absolutely isn't frosty (no metallic ugliness,yey!). It is a creamy nude pink shade that I think will work for a variety of skin tones. It gives just the perfect amount of pinkness on the lips; - nothing too bright or pastel. It is such a safe and easy color so if you are one of those people who are afraid of wearing bold colors on your lips, then this lipstick is definitely for you. It's a nice go-to color for that neutral, soft, everyday look. It definitely lives up to its hype!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 12:20:00 AM More reviews by sunnyisland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

MAC calls this a soft pink. In the tube it looks like a light fleshed pink lipstick with neutral undertones but in reality is a rather cool toned pink. On my lips it was indeed a light pink that was quite pretty under the sun but looked a little too pale indoors. It can be used as a pinky nude as it gives a soft pink colour to lips although under some indoor lighting, its mauve and lilac undertones become more obvious. Also although it's a frost, I didn't see much shimmer. Also, it can be a bit drying and I recommend wearing lip gloss over it. Creme Cup is similar to Angel but a little lighter toned and is a bit more moisturising as it's a Cremesheen. Also, Angel is a bit more sheer as compared to Creme Cup. Probably won't buy Angel again as it's a bit too pale and too drying for me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 10:19:00 PM More reviews by piinkcheeks27

I guess I bought this lippy for the sole reason that Kim Kardashian wears it! It does look nice on my NC30 skintone, but I find myself not grabbing it as much as I would like. Sometimes it can look too pink nude on my, but this is great with a smokey eye! Since it is summer, I dont do much smokey eye looks so this lippy doesnt get used.. but the texture of it is great & the staying power is long lasting! I think this would look great on tannner looking skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by mrBirthe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I Think Angel is a great lipstick! I would recomend it for fair- fair medium skintones. It is very sheer, and very ligth. not nude, but ligth. But all in all, a grat lipstick. :)
Please check out my youtube channel: Mrbirthe

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2010 11:34:00 PM More reviews by livelafflovee53

I was so dissapointed when I got this lipstick in the mail from MAC, not only because I didn't like the color and looks completely different in pictures and online than it does in person, but the first time I opened it, the lipstick broke, but that doesn't change the fact that the lipstick is wayyy darker in person than it is online and it even looks lighter in the tube, when I put it on I knew it would hate it. It reminds me of maybellines pink please, which makes me look like a clown. If only it were a bit pinker I would like it, but sadly I was dissapointed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2010 10:36:00 PM More reviews by jewels64

This is a very nice color, but it just doesn't work for me. I got it awhile ago because of the Kim Kardashian hype. I did notice that it looks better on me when I am more tan (NC30-35) than when I am lighter (NC25). And it also looks better on me with a lipliner and gloss, but I don't want to bother with that most of the time. Viva Glam Gaga actually looks better on me than this does.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2010 10:04:00 PM More reviews by NearPerfect9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG lipstick. I absolutely love it. The color is perfect on me. NW15 or 20. It almost looks like a nude - but I have a lot of pink undertones on my skin. So for me it's a nude-pink. This really does look good on almost everyone!

I have no idea why it's classified as a frost, I think it's more like a luster. It has some subtle shimmer, but it's certainly not frosty. It's the color I always reach for. Looks natural for every day wear (I'm a SAHM), and pairs perfectly with dramatic eye makeup for night. I always wear light pink/nude lip colors - the other MAC lipsticks I use are Blankety, Viva Glam Gaga, Creme Cup, and Saint Germain... and this is the one I find myself using all the time - probably 10 times more than my other lipsticks - combined!