Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

OUTER CORE Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Diisostearyl Malate, Ozokerite, Polyvinyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene Carbonate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer [+/- May Contain Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica] F.I.L. D158948/1. INNER CORE Ingredients: Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cera Microcristallina / Microcrystalline Wax, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer [+/- May Contain Mica, Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides] F.I.L. D158947/1

on 9/26/2013 12:50:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Love this foundation. It's quick and it's easy to apply! No brush and no liquid mess. Just apply on your face and blend with clean fingers. I only have moisturizer underneath and it works well for my skin. The finish coverage looks good on me and this product lasted for me. If not, the stick is handy so just carry it in your purse and touch up whenever needed.

The price is around $7 bucks I believe, but I got a coupon and spent a few dollars less. For a stick foundation, I really like it. It isn't drying and it's just very easy to blend. The shade I got was 220.

I was really intrigued by the positive reviews for this product. i am am 'light' foundation user and always look for something light but with good shine free coverage that would last me the whole working day. First of all i went researching online on the maybelline website and they had all the shades, however everytime i went into boots or superdrugs in the UK, they neva had the whole range? strange? i am a NC35-40. I was really wanted the golden beige. However as they dnt have the whole range in store i got the Sun Beige which is shade no. 250.

My thoughts:
1. Feels like a light coverage on skin with a medium coverage look.
2.smooth blendable texture.
3. not matte but a satin matte finish with a fresh face look.
3.its cheap!
4. matches my complexion perfectly.
5. covers uneven pigmentation ( im not that spotty but covered some scars).
6. perfect for on the go, or a quick makeup look.
7. my t zone and nose gets very shiny by midday but this stayed semi matte with a glow by 4pm. (i put it on at 7 am).

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this in Buff Beige, 130. I don't normally wear drugstore foundations, but I needed a new cheap "backup" to keep at the office. I ended up wearing this the first day I had it just to try it out. I have combination skin that's very sensitive. I spread the stick over my face and blended with EcoTools foundation brush.

- Natural Coverage - hides uneven tone and texture, still lets my freckles show through (which I like!), and doesn't have that flat finish that heavy coverage foundations do. This is definitely a light-to-medium foundation like it says. If you're looking for a perfect face, this isn't for you.
- Fairly oil-controlling
- Silky Smooth texture
- FUN and easy to apply! This blends really well.

- needs a primer; this stayed in place around my pores but did crease around my tiny eye wrinkles. I usually use Too-Faced poreless primer, but my go-to moisturizer also did the job.
- this isn't for extreme skin, I can see it flaking on really dry skin and not keeping serious oil at bay. If you have normal or moderately oily, dry, or combination skin, this will work fine.
- maybe I'm missing something, but I can't find ingredients anywhere, even online. It's really important to me that I know what I'm putting on my skin, so the lack of ingredient information makes me nervous. I would start using it more often if I knew the ingredients checked out. If anyone has that information, link me!
- not full coverage. If you have a lot of blemishes, redness, or scarring, look elsewhere.
- not buildable. I've seen a few people say that they think it could be - this definitely is NOT buildable. You'll know when you put a little too much on because it will look very cakey and stop blending.

I like a natural, light finish that doesn't feel heavy or look too matte, so this is a winner for me. I've seen a few complaints about the price for the amount of product. You end up using very little at a time, so I don't think it's that big of a deal. I love how tiny and unmessy it is, that makes it easy to keep at the office or in my purse.

on 9/22/2013 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

i was really excited to try out this product because of it's claims of controlling your oil with the shine free core within the foundation. and the fact that it is in stick form i thought it would be great to take on the go and such. however when i glided the product onto my skin it looked good, until i started blending the product into my face and it just..disappears. disappearing isn't the problem since it meant the shade matches my skin; the problem was it didn't cover anything on my face, i have acne some acne scaring that has gotten much better compared to before so they aren't very brown scars but just more pinky and spotty. i also saw that my pores seemed more visible when i wore this foundation. as for oil control core, it didn't do shit, i got oily even faster when i used this foundation versus when i wore my other foundations. so overall i think it performed pretty poorly, perhaps it's more meant for people with almost perfect skin.

on 9/21/2013 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is another foundation that I really wanted to work. I love the convenience of stick foundations. They take up such a small space in your makeup bag, and they're easy to throw in your purse for touch ups.

Unfortunately, I have really oily skin. I have tried a lot of creme to powder and stick foundations over the years. None of them have worked out well because my skin is just too oily.

The creaminess that allows you to spread the makeup over your skin never really leaves, and it adds to the oil in your skin. These foundations tend to slip off your t-zone and transfers onto anything that touches your face. That's exactly what happened with this little stick.

Edit: Use a primer made for oily skin, and this product stays on better (it's still not really long lasting though).

Despite being labeled for oily skin, it probably won't be your best choice if you are super oily. Also, I found the colors to be a little too peachy in the light color range.

on 9/21/2013 1:25:00 PM

This foundation has to be one of the best for the price. I've used multiple nars foundations, bare minerals and some of the more expensive BB creams and haven't been fully satisfied with any (especially for how expensive they all are). I bought this foundation on a whim at the drugstore and am so happy I did! I have pretty fair skin and ended up getting shade 120 which I believe is classic ivory. The match is perfect! This foundation goes on super easily and is light and easy to blend. I stay away from full coverage foundations but I do have some redness and uneven skin tone that I need a little help with and this product gave me perfect coverage without looking cakey! I tend to get really oily in my t-zone during the day but using this with my Lancôme primer kept me shine free and flawless looking all day with no reapplication! I will definitely buy this again and would recommend it to anyone looking for a great, everyday foundation without breaking the bank!

on 9/18/2013 9:31:00 PM

I wouldn't really use this as my actual foundation because i have to wear a full face but this stuff works great and has amazing coverage!! But....really cool to just throw on when running to the grocery store or someplace quickly when you want to look simple!! Very light feeling on the face and silky in texture for even blending. Great product to carry around in your purse or clutch to touch up your makeup throughout the day or evening. The one I have matches my skin tone just perfectly. Im kind of in love with this stuff and happy this was created, very innovative!!!

on 9/17/2013 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is so far the best drugstore foundation that I have found.I found out about this from a youtube review vid and figured for the price it is worth a shot. I'm around an NC44 and I bought the shade 330/Caramel Toffee and that is the most perfect match ever. I was in shock actually because many foundations especially drugstore ones have been too pink or reddish. I did the walk into the sunshine test and it really was hard to tell that I was wearing foundation. It blends so well into the skin giving me a natural looking texture. It's almost like a cream to slight powder finish. Very silky! The coverage is light to medium but seems like it could be buildable beyond that. I have oily skin and I found it truly to be oil controlling. I do spray urban decay's all nighter on first though. After I swipe the foundation on and blend into my skin I really didn't need a finishing powder. I'll definitely buy this product again. It's going to be a staple now especially for on the go. I still love my other foundations but this one is just so "no fuss", compact and easy to use.

on 9/15/2013 8:33:00 PM

As someone with combination oily skin that's especially oily during the summer, of course I was drawn to this foundation as an option for matte-finish. I got my hands on shade 220. Nevermind that it doesn't actually state that it's oil-free nor that it's oil-controlling! Assuming that it's a gel-to-powder foundation, it's less likely to let shine through, right?

... Well on its own, it only controls shine for about 3 to 4 hours before I start to glisten, even with toner and oil-free moisturizer. I should note that this is in hot, 100°F climates, both dry outdoor and humid indoor, so I'm sure this has better staying power in cooler conditions. On application, it does have a natural-looking, matte finish, but the coverage is pretty sheer, and had the same issue with buildable color that I had with Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse foundation: it doesn't seem to build on itself, and it transfers. It only rubs off the color that's already been laid down, unless I powder the first layer and then apply the second layer. This is ok for when my skin is pretty clear as it does even out minor redness and faded acne scars, but if I need coverage for newer breakouts or darker scars, I have to switch to a more fuller-coverage foundation. I personally feel that the original Maybelline FIT me! foundation in the liquid formula has more coverage than the Shine-Free incarnation. While it has a more luminous finish, it can be toned down with a matte powder to achieve practically the same result as the Shine-Free foundation, if not better.

Another issue with this foundation that everyone harps on is that it is only 9g of product; factor out some ingredients like fillers and water found in most 30g/1oz foundations and the amount of product you get is a little easier to accept if you just need a bare-bones, everyday foundation that happens to be compact enough to take on the go. Just have a powder compact for touch-ups as well.

But as someone who needs more out of her foundation, I can't accept this; Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse contains 18g of product for about the same price--about $8. bareMinerals' powder foundation jars also contain 9g of buildable-coverage, loose powder for $25; no fillers, liquids, or creams to weigh it down. And finally, Maybelline's SuperStay 24HR Makeup--my go-to for affordable, matte, long-wearing, waterproof foundation with excellent coverage--is $8-9 for 30ml/1oz of product, 3x that of FIT me! Shine-Free and still the same price.

Honestly, this isn't a bad product for those who prefer light, natural-looking makeup or just need something for lazy days or errand outings; I keep this around for my weekends lounging at home. But for all-day or strenuous affairs like work, parties, or formal events when pigmentation, staying power and shine-control is a must, there are definitely better foundations.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very pleased with this foundation! Reminds me of Max Factors Pan Stick, that I used to us, before they quit selling it here in the us. Pefect for my dry skin, and freackles. Covered them great!