July 28, 2014 | 1756 users online

Stick - Maybelline - Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

I was excited when I heard this product was coming out because anything that I can swipe on in a few seconds, blend and go is a winner! This gel stick did not let me down. I am pretty fair but I get a little bit of natural color in the summer months so I chose shade 130. It would be good dark in winter but it's perfect right now. I bought it on sale at Walgreens so the price was good. I am not impressed with Maybelline in that they don't properly seal their products. Even their lipsticks do not come with a safety seal which is why I only give this four stars for packaging. This foundation is light, does not require me to wear powder over it, sets to a matte finish and looks very natural. It is buildable so you can dab on extra product where you need more coverage which is a plus. I will repurchase this in a lighter shade for fall.
UPDATE: I bought a backup of this about a month ago and it WAS sealed which was a plus. This was a nice foundation for summertime because it's very sheer, but it does not offer a lot of coverage. It is also NOT shine free at all. About four hours into wearing this, I have to apply powder to get rid of the shine and I'm in my 40s. I will use this up but I will not repurchase. One lippie taken off my overall rating.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by smashley007

I'll be honest, I wasn't really expecting much out of this product because of its $6.99 price tag...but gosh, was I pleasantly surprised! I bought this in 110-Porcelain, and it was a perfect match for my extremely fair, oily skin. That is saying something, considering how much bad luck I have finding drugstore (and high-end, to be honest) shades that match my skin tone. First plus! This foundation is very smooth and blendable--I just applied it directly from the tube onto my skin in long strokes, and then blended it in and out. It took six or seven swipes to cover my whole face, but that was just a light layer, so I can't really speak to its layerability. The finish was very soft and even, and to use a cliche, it didn't even look like I had makeup on. I do have a few dry patches right now that it stuck to a bit more, but that's more of a personal issue rather than a product one.

As far as the shine-free claim goes: I have extremely oily skin, and I have made peace with that fact that no product will control it 100%. However, I will say that I wasn't as shiny as I am with many other foundations. I only had to blot twice throughout the day. My skin was noticeably smooth and dewy (but not too shiny) throughout the day. I think it would be great for someone with tamer oil production :)

It's true that you don't get too much product in the packaging, however, it's so inexpensive that that can't be too much of a gripe. The packaging is cheap-looking, but I think that also goes with the pricing. I am usually an expensive foundation girl, but this might just persuade me to cheat on my UD Naked foundation every once in a while. Keep these great products coming, Maybelline!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by caitx03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Okay so my 1st review of this I gave it really high rating but now that I've been wearing it a while I would say this is a no for me. It transfers easily and gave me breakouts. It is a good value and great if you needed a quick fix or something but not good for people with oily skin. I would say this would work for normal-dry skin types. Even though its marketed for us oily girls. You can also feel it on your skin which is another no no for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by michelle92

I really love this foundation's packaging because it is easy to apply and take places when traveling. It doesnt break me out. However because I have some dry patches on my skin and an oily t zone I've noticed this foundation sits on top of my dry areas and overtime makes my tzone pretty shiny. Italso dulls my complexion. I will perhaps repurchase this for traveling purposes to have in bag for touch ups but it is not my hg foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by clp0930

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have a lot of foundation and bb creams, but this is my favorite. I use 120 and I love how natural it looks. It isn't very heavy, if you have a lot of problem areas you may not like this foundation (fit me liquid and stick are both sheer). I set this foundation with nyc loose powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Meganmalone11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE THIS! The size is so conveinant. It can fit in any purse or clutch. Also, it blends flawlessly into my skin. It covers and evens out my skin while still looking pretty natural. It's also lightweight. I apply this in streaks on my face then blend it in with a foundation brush. It's great. Thanks maybelline!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by sabrinalovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This foundation is greasy and it doesn't cover at all. It's for people with flawless skin...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by cyphadelic

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this as a quick summer and travel foundation in place of my Dior foundation. I ABSOLUTELY love this stick! I stay shine free for hours and hours, even in this humid Houston heat. The color was a great match as well. The pigment is not as deep as my Dior foundation, but I do love it and will continue to use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2013 10:15:00 AM More reviews by Ella009

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First off, before purchasing this product I read a lot of reviews. some were good while others were not. So I decided to take this upon myself and try it out. and I am happy that I did. (doing the happy dance in living room)
I have combination skin during the summer weather, and we all know about the dreaded T-Zone some of us ladies get when it's blasted hot/humid...our skin gets oily, greasy that we need to blot like crazy. frustrating, I know.
I bought mine in #340 (cappuccino) perfect match instantly! so I did the two lines and one line on my face and blended with a brush. A perfect light canvas on my face (which I don't mind as I don't like to wear alot of makeup), however, it's very buildable.
How did it fell on my face:

Pros:
-Lasted a good 7-8hrs on me without any touch ups nor blotting!(but results may differ on other ppl). I also used Cover Girl setting powder on top but only on my T-zone area.
-Blends well on skin
-Can build up for more coverage
-Leaves my face matte which I really really love
-Lot's of shades to chose from when it comes to dark skinned women
-Nice packaging

Cons:
-For the cost of almost $9 at Walmart you don't get a lot of product.

Do I recommend this product? Yes, I do. to those who may be looking for a summer foundation that which helps control shine and oil...ligh-med coverage which can be built to more.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by emgb

I think that the amount of product you receive is obscenely cheap (one inch of foundation, if even that) and it is way overpriced at $8. Why they cheaped out so severely I do not understand. I might if it were a concealer, but for a foundation, there should be more product. If you used this every day, I don't think it would last you longer than a few weeks. Blah! That aside, I do like it. I have it in 110 (Porcelain) and it is super light, almost too light even for my Elmer's glue shaded skin but that is the way I prefer it over something too beige or totally orange like most Maybelline foundations. It is very soft and powdery when you blend it, and gives very sheer coverage. It evens out redness and discoloration nicely. For acne or scarring, it isn't enough and for that I do use a sheer layer of a different fdtn over it, along with powder. To use it alone I would imagine you might have to have really good, clear skin or else this won't be helpful on its own. Either way, if you are looking for something really natural looking and don't mind being ripped off price-wise, this is a nice product. I can't for certain say that I will repurchase.. I'm not sure that I find it *that* functional yet for myself but if you're curious I do think it's worth a try. [[what a waffling review!]

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No