November 23, 2014 | 1561 users online

Stick - Maybelline - Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by Makeupbymoani

I like this product for my lazy days when I don't need to impress anyone. I am oily so I just carry around blotting powder. No big deal. Very very light coverage like less then a bb cream but I use it when I don't have break outs. Find for young people who don't have much skin problems

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by triotrio

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is basically a massive concealer. It has that dry velvety stick concealer feel. But it applies very easily, and blends out well. However the coverage is medium at best - ironically, you'll still need concealer!

It's also not matte - I had a distinct glow after an hour. But in fairness it stayed at that level and didn't become oily looking or slip off my face completely.

The main issue is that it wasn't too flattering to my pores, or chin. Accentuated the skin texture. I feel this wouldn't be great on dry patches. I also wonder if the product would be used up quite fast.

It'll be handy for touchups....but I don't think it's a must-buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by JaneDoh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm in my mid-40s and it's become too easy for my skin to look overly made-up and the foundation to become caked. The double whammy is, I have moderate rosacea/skin flushing and it's hard to find a foundation that gives adequate coverage. Surprisingly, the Maybelline Fit Me stick gives me decent coverage - more than I was expecting. I've been trying it for a week now and am pretty happy with the results. (NO, it does not flawlessly last all day, but I've yet to find a foundation that does that.)

I really like the packaging. In fact, that's what drew my attention in the store. No bottle caps and messy liquids to deal with - just open it as I would a tube of lipstick and glide it on. It's not mess-free, though - I still need to blend it into my skin with a finger or a sponge. It goes on easily and as I'd mentioned, covers my redness much more effectively than I was expecting. Somehow, I'm not worried about Fit Me when I'm wearing it, the way I sometimes have with other products (is there a tell-tale foundation line on my cheek or jaw?). I like that it feels light; to some, this might be too light.

I'm taking off one star because this "no shine" promise of the product is malarkey. My skin looks a little dewy after applying it, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but still more shiny than I'd like. I still have to apply some powder to the T-zone...but I've never found a foundation where I didn't have to do that.

Overall, I'm pleased and will buy this again.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by ninaeaster

This is a terrible product! No coverage what so ever. My face was shiny at the end of the day even with a mattifying powder. I am so disappointed. Not worth the money at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Leahcd

I had a stick foundation similiar to that one that is now discontinued, loreal used to make it, maybe some of you remember it. It was my favourite foundation after cover fx. After they discontinued it, i couldnt find any other dupe. I switched to cover fx compact powder, which i still use today, its been 7 years. I absolutely love it. When maybelline recently came out with this foundation, i decided to give it a try, hoping it was as good as the loreal one. It wasnt, unfortunetely, but i was still happy with the results, you apply 2 streaks on each cheek and a bit on your chin and forehead and lightly blend. I gave this 4 lippies because on the ad it says that its shine-free but after an hour my face got oily, even thought i dont have oily skin, and the foundation didnt last very long. When i wear this i gotta powder my face a couple of times in the day so my face doesnt look oily. I used it twice and never re-used it unfortunetely because its not long-wearing and not shine-free. It does have a nice coverage, it buildable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by mmherman

I find this to be medium coverage. Definitely not full coverage. It is great for days when I want a lighter foundation or just want to look a bit more laid-back. I wouldn't use this for a day I wanted to look flawless or absolutely stunning. I need a heavier foundation for that look.

This serves its purpose for me though. The color blends well into my skin and evens out my complexion. It doesn't feel heavy or greasy to me like some stick foundations I have seen in the past. It has a nice creamy texture, but feels light. Application is SO easy. I just swipe product onto my face directly and then blend with my hands. You can build this up a bit so I will go back and add more if I need it.

I used this on my sister when I did her makeup and it was really nice. She doesn't wear makeup and wasn't going to let me put foundation on her, but when I told her I could use the stick foundation and not set it with powder she was all over it. I think she liked it. It didn't totally take away her facial features, but it did even out her skin nicely.

Overall I would recommend this for someone who wants a light to medium coverage. It definitely leans closer to medium though. It is very easy to use. Pretty idiot proof and is small enough to through into a makeup bag or purse for travel. My only complaint is that the lid doesn't seem that secure or at least mine isn't anymore. I through the tube into my purse for touch ups and the lid fell off. I haven't had that problem in the past so maybe I just didn't click it down far enough. It wasn't a big deal though because the product wasn't ruined.

This is definitely something to check out and experiment with. I like it and will buy it again when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Scruffy892

This is interesting. It's nice to see Maybelline trying new formulas (If only they'd try this hard with their shades!) I'm giving it a 4 because it serves a specific use fairly well. I use it for full coverage touchups--mainly as a concealer over large parts of my face when my foundation is failing me. Yes, you can get full coverage from this, which impresses me. You just have scribble on like a kindergartener with his first fat crayon. Seriously--don't be dainty about it. Also, it's one of the few products that looks ok applied straight from the tube (you COULD get away without blending with fingers) This is very valuable to me at work.

As a foundation, it looks good--for awhile. As long as you never, ever, EVER touch it. Make no mistake--this is a cream foundation. It's slightly greasy, only partially sets, and rubs off on everything. For the most part though, it lasts surprisingly well and looks good (satin finish). It only looks greasy if you pile it on, or get really oily. It doesn't sink into your skin or disintigrate with oil. At the end of the day, I still have some on. As long as I never, ever, EVER touch it.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is just as bad as the liquid version. It separates and turns orange as all get out after 3 hours.
*********
This is medium coverage at best. It goes on easily and blends really well. I noticed that when Maybelline rolled these out, not all the colors from the liquid version made the cut. I was 350 in the liquid form, and had to settle with 340 (Im NW40/43). It came out really orange as soon as I put it on, but once I blended it out it looked fine.

I prefer full coverage, but this is ok for just running errands or whatever. I still need to use concealer with this, and it is certainly not shine free. Not too shabby for 6$

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the fit me liquid and powder but this just didn't work for me. It was as if I put nothing on my face, no coverage at all. I don't have that bad of skin, just some redness in my t zone and this didn't even help that. Returning it tomorrow sadly.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2013 3:11:00 AM More reviews by Tanyafuentes

I thought this was just okay. I always look for a product to be long wearing, and this definitely wasn't. I could literally just wipe it off my face with my finger. It is easy to blend, but it doesn't blend into your skin, just kinda rests on top of it. The finish is matte and powdery, which I'm not a fan of. Light coverage. I only use it for touchups, that's what I bought it for. I loved the idea of having something small in my purse I could easily touch up with without having to carry a brush and just use my fingers. It didn't cover any red spots. I used a few times as an actual foundation, not just for touchups, and I think it would be good for someone who wants matte, light coverage and doesn't mind it either wearing off in an hour or reapplying every second. I don't hate it and I don't love it, but it'll probably stay untouched in my makeup bag.