Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

3.3

OUTER CORE Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Diisostearyl Malate, Ozokerite, Polyvinyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene Carbonate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer [+/- May Contain Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica] F.I.L. D158948/1. INNER CORE Ingredients: Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cera Microcristallina / Microcrystalline Wax, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer [+/- May Contain Mica, Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides] F.I.L. D158947/1

on 9/12/2013 2:44:00 AM

This foundation is horrid from my personal experience. It says it is mattifying - but at significant costs. It accentuated my pores with an unnatural finish, and the worst part is that it actually makes my skin SO oily after. I have really oil T zone and I thought this foundation would be a life saver. I used to have to at least blot 1 to 2 times a day, but with this foundation I literally had to blot every hour! It mattifies for the first 10 minutes, but then my face would go crazy and produce large amount of oil, perhaps to offset the dryness. Definitely a no go for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is great!! For 8 bucks, you get medium-to-full coverage in a stick, and it really does control shine very well! That said, its not for dry skin. I am also impressed with the color selection of this line. I am NW20 in MAC, and I take shade 120 here. I also have used their liquid foundation and pressed powder, also in shade 120 and really like those as well. Its high quality foundation, but very cheap. Sometimes my makeup wears off during the day because I touch my face a lot, and the stick is very convenient. Also, I am very acne prone, and this does not break me out or clog me. Will def. buy again, as I have repurchased the liquid fdn in this shade several times.

on 9/9/2013 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this to have as a more inexpensive alternative to my beloved Shiseido Stick Foundation, shade I20. Glamstep's review is spot on, Fit in shade 120 is too pink and 130 is too dark for us pale yellow/olive ladies. Love the feel of it though I have not tested the longevity yet. Maybelline, you're missing a crucial shade!

on 9/9/2013 10:49:00 AM

Every time i wear this foundation my skin breaks out. It has an odd smell to it. But the coverage is light to medium. Overall though i like the way it feels as if im wearing nothing

on 9/8/2013 12:50:00 PM

This is another sample I got from my Cosmo magazine and I fell in love! I sampled Natural Beige in 220 and it fit me perfectly. Thanks to the shine-free core, my cheeks didn't get oily at all. I'm definitely buying this soon. :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I had my heart set on going and buying the maybelline dream smooth foundation but to my disappointment and angst target was only carrying dream matte. I wanted to purchase it but because of my slightly olive and very yellow/red/brown (chinese) skin tone I had a feeling it wouldn't match correctly. I am a C40 in Mac and I thought that 220 would be a good match for my winter (pale) skin. Unfortunately the color was EVER SO SLIGHTLY pink but it is the best drugstore match I have found to date!!! I hope when I get tanner I can have the same luck finding a shade.

I apply this in a line across my forehead, two down my cheeks, and one on my chin and blend with a kabuki. For a little bit more coverage on my cheeks I just dab a bit on from the stick.

This covers well, using a light-light, medium and full then medium-light medium and full, and full-light, medium, and full coverage scale (hope this makes sense) I would definitely call this light-light to medium-light coverage. I am a runner so I have chronic red face (that's not actually a thing) and many many many freckles and hyperpigmentation. This covers the redness well but not so much the freckles which is fine for everyday. I as well have the occasional pimple maybe 1 or so per week (combination skin) and the skin is even more red and inflamed there. Unfortunately this does not cover those especially well, but very very well for a medium-light foundation.

I spent a lot of my early high school years with full coverage foundations (lookin like a straight fool) because I struggle with OCD. However, I really love this because it looks like I am wearing no makeup but I have little flaws.

One lippie off because I would have prefered a little bit more coverage AND BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF PRODUCT. There is so little (almost less than in a lip balm!) it's pretty uneconomical if your plan is to build this up to a full coverage which will be hard, time consuming, and expensive!

Conclusion: This is a very great light/medium coverage foundation whose best quality is its natural look while haveing substance (coverage).

HG product!

Three words; I LOVE THIS! I got this at Walmart for $6.94 so I figured that was the cheapest I could get it. I got mine in 220 Natural Beige. I think that shade would work for about everyone! It is really blendable so I don't even have to go in front of a mirror when I put it on!

I feel like this product makes you look more shiny/oily unless topped off with some sort of powder.

on 9/6/2013 5:22:00 PM

I am so impressed! I swipe it on my face directly and blend with a sigma flat top kabuki. works wonderfully! :-)

on 9/5/2013 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

If your a fan of Max Factor Pan Stik foundation or the one by Kryolan;this might be your best bet in the states. Its a twisty, concealer type foundation that you can slip in a pocket and apply on the go without the need of a brush. Thats a HUGE plus, its the quickest fix for my face & probably one of the most natural yet flawless appearing. Its ultra light feeling, practically lighter than my serum absorbs into my face. Its super creamy, literally melts in and doesn't cake up even with multiple coats. Coverage wise its light to medium, definetely not full but gets rather close. Now the cons--color selection & staying power. Im a true NC20, basically light but very yellow skin. I wore True Beige in Max Factor version, here's the shades I tried:

115 Ivory-neutral can leave a gray cast, works with yellow powder on top
120 Classic Ivory-goes on yellow then oxidizes super pink !
130 Buff Beige-yellow but too dark (NC25?)

Staying power is also lacking. Im combo skin and the initial matte finish wore off in 4-5 hours and I got oily, it also transferred on to my cell phone--immediately. I couldn't get it to last much longer with a power AND setting spray on top :/ Also the product (0.32oz) is about half my pinky size when twisty completely up so I'm sure it will run out quickly. I'll keep it in my bag for touch ups or emergency (gym) looks but sadly cant rely on it for a full daily face.