April 19, 2014 | 1792 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2009 3:18:00 PM More reviews by yiqi8910

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i think it's a good product, very soothing and easy to use. but i don't find it's very useful. i bought this about 5 months ago, only used it for several times. i think it would be good for people who have dry skin and don't use foundation often. i just didn't find it useful at all for me, even in the winter!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2009 5:38:00 AM More reviews by erika_let

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Way over-priced, IMO. I used Retin-A back as a teenager and have suffered having red skin every time I'm out in the sun. And I'm talking about 5-min exposure here. Seems to work for lots of MUAers here, but sadly not for me. Perhaps this is purely for sensitive, not sensitized skin like mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2009 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Daniela1985

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This water helps my skin to feel much better when is irritated, it soothes and refreshes my skin, like after exfoliating or removing makeup or even after shaving my legs. I can actually feel my skin nourishing from this in short and long term. Definitively a MUST-HAVE!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2009 2:14:00 AM More reviews by slack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I totally believe in this stuff! I'd been spraying this on after cleansing and before toning for a long time and never really knew if it was making a difference or not. It's when i run out of it that i realize how great it is. When I don't use it my face is redder and itchier. I got a mean rash about 2 months ago from make up and using this and the nov lotion together really helped.
What SHOCKED me tho is that 3 weeks ago I got my first reeeeeeally bad sunburn in like, 15 years (forgot to put uv on) on my arms, and when i went to the pharmacy to get aftersun care lotion the pharmacist told me to spray this stuff on... Hrm. ok. I thought it was weird and didn't understand why he woulnd't give me medicine...but It took about a week for my sunburn to heal and the surprising part is that I didn't peel. at all. It was ichy for a little while but the avene water stopped me from scratching my arms and making it worse, and I'm wondering if it's not the reason why my skin didn't peel...Either way, I'm sold. It's also very refreshing. I always spray it on when i come home from work or during the day when i'm hot and it feels so nice.
I'd recommend this product to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2009 7:14:00 AM More reviews by ksychan

I love this product for one main reason - it actually prevents makeup from oxidizing. Was initially skeptical but it not only set my makeup in the morning but it didn't oxidize from morning to night.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2009 6:35:00 AM More reviews by iamtheanonymous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Recently had a nasty allergic reaction which caused the skin around my eyes to get itchy, red and peeling. Spritzing this water on relieves the burn of the itch! A lifesaver.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2009 11:46:00 PM More reviews by JYCS19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this at SDM for around $21 for a big size. I use La Roche Posay thermal spray and I love it. I was just looking for a bigger spray and the S.A told me about avenue. I really wanted to like it, but I find that it leaves my skin feeling sticky. The LRP never did that to me. It didn't irritate my skin or anything but the stickiness after bothers me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2009 11:13:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like to use this after washing my face, it's very soothing. I mist it on, blot it a little with a towel, and then apply my moisturizer. It helps give my skin an extra moisture boost and helps calm irritation from washing. **UPDATE** 5/27/09-have switched to the La Roche Posay version and prefer it so I'm changing the rating from a 5 to a 4.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2009 1:07:00 PM More reviews by carita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I simply cannot live without this. Vichy thermal water put me off thermal waters for some time, but Iíve dared to purchase Avene and Iím very glad I did.
This is everything I have expected from Vichy, who sadly didnít delivered. It soothes my irirtated skin, it refreshes.
Now I primarily use it as a toner and to remove cleansing milk. It also helps when your foundation cakes Ė you just spray a bit, wait for several seconds and gently blot your face with paper tissue or cotton pad. It will remove the excess of foundation and youíll end up with very natural looking skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2009 10:15:00 AM More reviews by apgoh2

I've been a loyal user of Avene ever since my skin acts a lil weird whenever im stressed !

This product claims to do wonders....from nappy rash to toner to a face mist, n a million other uses.
To me, this is good to soothe inflamed, sunburned or sensitive skin. If you're looking for a toner to give u some glow or more, then u'll prolly be dissapointed.

Over use, one thing I must say is that it MADE MY SKIN SOFTER ! Not smoother, not more radiant....but SOFTER. i recommended this to my sis n she has the same comment.

I sometimes soak the thermal water on a cotton pad n leave it across my face for 10 mins. Very cooling soothing, n is good whenever I feel like my skin is dehydrated.