April 19, 2014 | 1901 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by jennifereal

I have tried this foundation and I am not as impressed as other MUA'ers. I notice transfer of makeup using this product more than when I use my HG foundation (Revlon ColorStay for Combination Skin in Toast) and I was really hoping this would be a great alternative for days I didn't want to deal with the messy application of the ColorStay. I love the pump style but when I put the cap back on it gets messy. I apply a translucent powder on top of the makeup on my face to set it but I still find transfer on my phone and paperwork. It's not as blendable when I contour and I am not sure I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by SkyAlternative

I bought this at CVS and it's $12 which is a bit pricey especially for CoverGirl. I almost put it back since CoverGirl conveniently did not cover this item with a recent -$1.50 off coupon. I am a member of the CVS Beauty Club so it is better for me to buy it here so I took it anyway.

I have had a good experience with this product. I have this in shade 810 which is Classic Ivory. Unfortunately I overshot the color and found it's one shade lighter than I am. Creamy Natural is the next shade and I fear it might be too dark. Next time I will likely buy it in Creamy Natural and see how it goes- I would love it if it were the perfect shade so we will see.

The coverage: I have seen some comparison of this product to Kat Von D's Lock-It Foundation which is a good full coverage foundation. This product actually gives me medium coverage. Although I need full coverage, I was pleasantly surprised at how this foundation concealed redness and hid some of my dark spots. I didn't find this to be buildable though, I still needed to use concealer to cover what didn't get covered.

I saw some reviews where the person reported that the shade got darker as the product dried. This was not the case for me. I wish it were since 810 is one shade lighter!

The finish was good enough- almost a subtle powdery look but still natural looking. It feels smooth to the touch and it doesn't transfer much. The finish is shine-free as advertised and lasts me a good long time.

I tried using a kabuki brush to blend and got some messy results. I get the best finish when I use a damp sponge. I tried using my fingers which is usually my preferred method but I found that it is a bit difficult to do so! Blending this out with my fingers was just not happening. I will try this with a stippling brush when I get it in the mail.

I have tried this product with and without primer. I have found that with primer is best and helps the foundation look more natural. But I get good results without primer as well.

The pump and SPF 20 are also two great things as well.

My only complaints are pretty much the price and the medium coverage so I don't think that is a enough reason to remove a lippie when everything else is good. I will say this is better than I expected and one of the better drugstore foundations I have used. I will buy again but in the next shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Lizawaz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has the best coverage. Not cakey like Revlon Colorstay, although I still like that foundation as well. The major plus is the SPF in this little bottle. I also love the color range and although I have to mix two bottles to get my color, I do not mind. I could easily use one bottle and get away with it (Soft Honey).

This is great for under eye area, I still put concealer on because I have dark circles.
The finish is flawless. Yes, it does make dry patches noticeable so use primer in those spots to avoid the flakes.

I will continue to buy this product over and over again. They have a great price at Walmart.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by tennisstarkim

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best cover up that I've ever owned! Stays on all day, all night! Through sweat, tears, you name it.. Absolutely flawless coverage no matter the circumstances! Covergirl has great products overall and is one of the best brands out there!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Maryso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Yup! My current FAVORITE foundation and I'm the type of person that has to try all new foundations, constantly searching for one to cover my acne scars. I have neverrr liked CG cosmetics but they did great on this product. I hope to see other great cosmetics released from them in the future!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2013 12:06:00 PM More reviews by monicamayuga

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The first time I tried this foundation, I was so impressed with the coverage it gave. I have oily and acne-proned skin and with this foundation, I didn't even need to powder. It gave the most beautiful semi-matte finish. It doesn't look dull like other matte foundations. The lasting power was great too, but after a couple of days of using this foundation, I started breaking out!!! Not just regular pimples that would go away in three days, but cystic acne that scarred!!! And mind you, I work at a Cosmetic Surgery office so I know not to touch or pick my pimples. I never had acne scarring before. It would just be red after the pimple healed. My left cheek now looks like the surface of the moon. SO ACNE-PRONED SKIN BEWARE!!! Even my best friend who doesn't have sensitive and acne-proned skin broke out from using this foundation! Great coverage, price, and packaging but not worth the permanent effects of cystic acne that you would develop from using this!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 8:23:00 AM More reviews by misspris26

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My HG is Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk but I admit, I tend to try every new foundation out there (same with mascara). I was super impressed with this! Wow, CG sure has come a long way. I the GA LSF lacks SPF and sometimes I need to wear a fx with sunscreen since I live in the tropics - this is perfect. The s/s is broadspectrum (SPF 20) and I need that for a beach day (yes, I wear a separate s/s under my makeup but still). Anyway, this is creamy, buildable coverage, blends easy, good color selection, comes in a pump (yay), no weird smell, stays on all day even through a workout or a day at the beach, washes off easily. I'm oily skinned so I set this with MUFE HD powder for a gorgeous, luminous yet matte finish. It's $12 or something like that so I always have a bottle on hand. Again, it's not nearly as wonderful as the GA (which is $60) but an outstanding drugstore foundation especailly if you're looking for one with s/s.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by kateashleyx

It was ok. I don't know what the whole fuss on youtube is about it.
Oxidizes so dark and orange on my skin, and doesn't hold up to sweat/water AT ALL, it just melts off instantly and looks shocking.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Summerjess21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I thought this was such a great idea, 3 in 1. At first it looked ok, but it wasnt matte, which is what I wanted and the coverage isnt as much as id have liked but I thought id keep wearing it for a few days. It really broke out my skin, and added to my oiliness. Wish my face would have liked it, but its Definately not for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by crissy234

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been trying out this foundation for a few weeks now and I really wanted to like it, but I think it's just ok. After watching different youtube people talk about this, I thought this foundation would be more full coverage; for me, it's actually just medium coverage. If you have dark acne spots, like I do, you're probably still going to need concealer after using this foundation. It has kind of a strange smell, but it fades away after it dries, so it's not a big deal to me. I do like that it comes with a pump; I wish more drugstore foundations did (side note--I've noticed from youtube channels that all the same foundations that don't have a pump in the U.S. all seem to have one in the U.K.). It also lasts most of the day. Anyway, I don't think it's not a bad foundation if you have minimal scars and spots that need covering up. I was just disappointed that it wasn't as full coverage as people made it sound. I might buy it again if my scars fade more in the future; otherwise, I'll stick with the Revlon Colorstay Whipped foundation if I need fuller coverage.

ETA: I'm pretty sure that this foundation broke me out, so I probably won't be trying it again. I do regularly get acne, but after using this product for a week or two, I seemed to get more breakouts than usual. I don't have particularly sensitive skin because there aren't too many products that increase my breakouts.