Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/15/2013 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great everyday neutral palette to have. I purchased this solely for the purpose of traveling. I wanted the convenience of having all the basic shadows without having to bring my huge Naked Palettes and risk them getting broken. The matte shades are pigmented and buttery which is no surprise when it comes to Urban Decay. I think having Foxy and WOS is a bit redundant. They don't really show up on my NC25 skin at least. And I don't know how I feel about Naked 2 for my crease. The rest makes the palette more worth the money especially Faint. Also, I don't know if it's just the one I have, but the packaging smells really strange (like some sort of spice). I've tried getting rid of the scent by spraying it with rubbing alcohol but it didn't work. I find it very distracting when I go to do my makeup lol. Overall, I don't recommend this palette if you already have both Naked palettes or something of the sort. But for everyday, this would make a nice addition to your routine.

on 8/15/2013 10:53:00 PM

I absolutely love this urban decay palette! It is a nice dive and you can take it everywhere. I like the packaging much better than the original naked Palette but I think the plastic it is made out of spells a little strange... It might just be mine. I guess the value of this palette isn't as good as the original or naked 2 because it is dollars more and you don't get a brush or sample product! It is still an amazing value considering it costs less than two of the separate urban decay shadows which are the same size. I don't know how well this palette would work for people with darker skin because the majority of the colors and pretty light. The quality of

on 8/15/2013 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I do love this little palette it's easy to take where ever you go and with these colors it's easy to get a beautiful day time look and a sexy night time look too. I love the color Venus for the inner corners of my eye for either look. It's a beautiful color. The main color I've hit pan on is naked 2 and wos. Those are my favorites by far in the palette. I love putting wos all over the lid and then putting naked 2 in my crease and then taking faint and adding a little more depth to the outer corners of my lid. It's a beautiful look on anyone! I think wos would look the best on someone with darker/tanner skin than my pale skin though. But that's okay for us pale people I just use Macs painterly paint pot under all of these colors and it just makes them POP and look beautiful all day. I never have to touch up my eye makeup ever during the day when I wear any of these colors with my paint pot. I love it!

on 8/12/2013 5:36:00 PM

Bought this for my sister and she loves it. You can't really go wrong with the colours due to them being neutral. You can wear them with many different lip colours and you can use them as subtle or intense as you like. Eyeshadows are awesome quality, even better when used with a primer. Packaging is very nice and easy to take around with. Little bit pricey but I do think is worth it. Great as a gift for someone who wants to try out using eyeshadows!:)

on 8/8/2013 8:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Total HG. I'm pregnant and have a toddler, so my time spent in front of a mirror is limited. I use this palette to set my concealer, brighten brow bone, and even out my eyelids. It will polish you right up! Love it. Great staying power, smooth texture, and will last.

on 8/6/2013 5:39:00 PM

Great colors for an everyday eye look also to do your eyebrows using FAINT. The packaging is perfect not to tiny or big just the right size to put it in your bag and just go. The price is good too not too over priced.

I don't hate this, I don't love it. It needs a primer because these babies are lazy and won't show up without any help. The range of shadow are ok, I wish it didn't come with so many light tones.

The product is a bit wasteful in the sense that I get so much...fallout(?) when I tap my brush on it. I've used many brushes and so much product becomes loose and I have to blow it away no matter the brush. A shame because it's not cheap! I love the packaging. It's even Teeenier in person! And soft :D the mirror is actually pretty decent for on-the-go :D

If you have the money, check out. If not, save up or find something cheaper, it's not too special.

on 8/3/2013 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

I know I'll be in the minority here, but this is just so-so for me. I used it a few times and then put it in my stash. Two colors work well for me - Venus and Naked 2. I would buy those individually but I wouldn't buy the palette again. The lighter colors, except for Venus, are chalky and don't show up well on me. The others are unremarkable (except for Naked 2). I would probably take the palette with me while traveling just because it's compact; other than that, I don't see me using it very much. I would rather pay $18 for each individual color I wanted and would use.

on 8/1/2013 9:26:00 PM

I love the colours, and the packaging is fine, but the product is very flyaway! You can lose a lot of product when loading a dry brush. A primer is an absolute must in order to maintain the colours and keep them from creasing.
There is no applicator included, which doesn't bother me, since I usually throw them out and use my own brushes anyway.
There are 6 natural colours: 5 matte and 1 white shimmer. I would have liked all matte colours, since they're harder to find. I love the black ("Crave") it's so inky! It works as a subtle, smokey eyeliner. Love it. I would repurchase Crave on its own. "Walk of Shame", a pink toned beige, is my other favourite at the moment.

on 7/31/2013 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this little palette! As a college student it's perfect for a daytime eye that has a little depth as well as a moderate to very Smokey eye. The shimmery Venus is a nice highlight and Faint is perfect to brush into your crease, I like to use WOS on my lid to brighten them and contrast the crease,and having a nice matte black like Crave shadow also comes in handy to smoke or your eye or use as a liner. I'll repurchase when I hit pan!

Popular Palettes

NAKED
Naked Eye Kit
Naked Eye Kit

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Simple Daily Makeup Tutorial (Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette) by Anna Boroshok

Top Rated Urban Decay Products