August 23, 2014 | 1141 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED Basics

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2013 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Victoriajane89

Absolutely love this palette! It has 5 matte shades with a highlighter Venus). These colours can easily transform day to night and it a great size to carry around I just wished it came with a brush!

I use Venus as a highlighter under your brows and the inner corners of your eyes. Then I would create the smokey eye effect with crave, naked and foxy. Then a day look with w.o.s and naked and possible foxy in the outer corners.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by AnnaBanana84

Been wanting a Naked palette for a while now, saw this lovely matte palette and bought it. I LOVE it! Absolutely beautiful colors that I think anyone can wear. Perfect for a soft but pretty day look and can be smoked out for a beautiful classy night eye. I know I will use the heck out of these pretty shades! I can't wait to get a naked palette which is next on my list for shimmery shadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by osuziex

My first UD product! I was super excited to try it out and it didn't disapoint I love this product. The eyeshadows are so pigmented and they are perfect for an everyday look but I love how you can use this palette for a more dramatic look as well. The packaging is really nice and sleek, love the mirror! My favorite color would have to be Venus because it's only slightly shimmery and super flattering !

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by rrrkadirka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm an avid user and believer in both the Naked 1 & 2 Palettes, so when I heard about the Naked Basics palette with all MATTE shades, I was like Whaaa!??? So excited!! I picked one of these little guys up the other day, and of course, I love it! Just like I knew I would. The colors are ultra pigmented (at least on me) and they blend nicely. They're super soft and velvety, and never chalky. My go to shades are definitely Virgin for highlight, WOS for an all over lid/base shade, and I'll often use Faint with a light hand - I'll just throw a little bit in my crease and go. These colors together create a flawless, everyday, go-to natural look for me. The palette is cute and small and fits nicely in my hand, so it's very travel friendly and can definitely be tossed in a purse and pulled out for touchups throughout the day.

Another thing I love about this palette is that you can go from day to night with the snap of your fingers. If you're out and get a last minute invite to grab dinner or a drink, you can just run into the bathroom and pop some of the "Crave" (matte black) shade in your crease or in your outer corners and BOOM - you go from day to night like that. This is a very versatile palette, and the only complaint I have is similar to that of many - I wish they wouldn't have included both WOS and Foxy. WOS has pink undertones, and Foxy has yellow. Those are both decent all over lid/base shades, but I feel like they could have included a nice matte grey shade instead of both of those shades. Meh. I guess I can't complain much. At least UD finally gave us some matte shades! Also, I found a pretty good use for Foxy - sometimes I'll use it to set my undereye concealer, because the yellow undertones are just perfect for such. I will continue to use/love this palette, and would repurchase tomorrow.
xx
-E

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by mmfoy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The first thing that drew me to this was the size of the product - I thought it would be perfect for travel (I haven't used it yet for this, but I believe it will be great). I also loved the neutral shades and believe it's a great companion to the Naked 1 and 2 (also love those!).

In the past, I've usually bought cheap neutral palettes and would just get bored with them and eventually leave them to collect dust. However, this one is entirely different. The shades work great with my very fair skin and I can create a daily natural look that I think is very flattering. I actually look forward to putting on my eye makeup because of how this consistently works. The shadows are always high quality, and I'm impressed with their staying power (paired with an eyeshadow primer).

I have a feeling that this will last me ages, but I will definitely repurchased when I need to!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by ibangal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is perfect to use when you cant decide which neutral to use. I have both naked pallette that i use everyday but i decide to use this coz this is more convenient when im in rush and didnt want to choose which neutral to go for. The best part is the packaging. Its very convinient to put in a purse for work or if you want to travel light.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by UrbanFacedMacnamedNYX

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I like the colors and the blendability of this product but they are very powdery which shocked me for the price. My other urban decay items are wonderful. Maybe i got a bad batch

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by materialface

I didn't think twice about buying this palette because there isn't a color that I wouldn't use. So i purchased this in January and I don't even use my NAKED 1 palette as often anymore. I have fair skin and all these colors are perfect for me.

+ Naked 2 & Faint are the perfect crease colors for my eyelids. And i mix Foxy & W.O.S. and wash my entire lids with them. I use Venus as a highlighter and sometimes dab a little only on the centre of my lids so it doesn't look so flat. I use the almost-black shadow in Crave to line my eyes everyday.

+ The packaging is really nice and compact. It holds up nicely and i travel with it almost everyday on my way to work

+ The price point of $32 CAD is pretty good, compared to if you were to buy similar shadows at MAC separately. Well worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2013 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Macjunkie101

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This palette is okay, but not my favorite. It includes 5 matte shades and 1 satin shade. I have nothing against this palette as the pigmentation is great, the texture is smooth and creamy, and they're easy to blend. However, for someone like me who has multiple neutral palettes such as the naked palette, the naked 2 palette, the Lorac pro palette, etc. this palette isn't absolutely necessary and anything different from what I already own. This palette is great for traveling or just to throw in your purse.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by stillhot

It's rare to find a product that delivers exactly on promise. This one does. This is a very basic, yet lovely eyeshadow palette. When I first bought it, I thought I'd use it only occasionally, because in the pan the colors look kind of drab. However, it's really the only one I actually use. The colors are great, blend really well, and are well-thought out. The black reminds me of the Tom Ford black (I used to use Mac Carbon, but it's really garbage). I usually use it to tight-line and it stays put all day. It is possible to do more out-there looks with it because of the black. If I had a comment, (and it's a small one) I wish there was a warmer mid to dark tone brown.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No