July 28, 2014 | 2251 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED Basics

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by ibangal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is perfect to use when you cant decide which neutral to use. I have both naked pallette that i use everyday but i decide to use this coz this is more convenient when im in rush and didnt want to choose which neutral to go for. The best part is the packaging. Its very convinient to put in a purse for work or if you want to travel light.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by UrbanFacedMacnamedNYX

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I like the colors and the blendability of this product but they are very powdery which shocked me for the price. My other urban decay items are wonderful. Maybe i got a bad batch

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by materialface

I didn't think twice about buying this palette because there isn't a color that I wouldn't use. So i purchased this in January and I don't even use my NAKED 1 palette as often anymore. I have fair skin and all these colors are perfect for me.

+ Naked 2 & Faint are the perfect crease colors for my eyelids. And i mix Foxy & W.O.S. and wash my entire lids with them. I use Venus as a highlighter and sometimes dab a little only on the centre of my lids so it doesn't look so flat. I use the almost-black shadow in Crave to line my eyes everyday.

+ The packaging is really nice and compact. It holds up nicely and i travel with it almost everyday on my way to work

+ The price point of $32 CAD is pretty good, compared to if you were to buy similar shadows at MAC separately. Well worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2013 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Macjunkie101

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This palette is okay, but not my favorite. It includes 5 matte shades and 1 satin shade. I have nothing against this palette as the pigmentation is great, the texture is smooth and creamy, and they're easy to blend. However, for someone like me who has multiple neutral palettes such as the naked palette, the naked 2 palette, the Lorac pro palette, etc. this palette isn't absolutely necessary and anything different from what I already own. This palette is great for traveling or just to throw in your purse.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by stillhot

It's rare to find a product that delivers exactly on promise. This one does. This is a very basic, yet lovely eyeshadow palette. When I first bought it, I thought I'd use it only occasionally, because in the pan the colors look kind of drab. However, it's really the only one I actually use. The colors are great, blend really well, and are well-thought out. The black reminds me of the Tom Ford black (I used to use Mac Carbon, but it's really garbage). I usually use it to tight-line and it stays put all day. It is possible to do more out-there looks with it because of the black. If I had a comment, (and it's a small one) I wish there was a warmer mid to dark tone brown.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 7:01:00 AM More reviews by CaseyChieri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this palatte! I only need this and my Nars Kalahari duo and they're the only shadows I need. I use this daily. I have pretty big eyes so I don't wear as dramatic eye looks as I don't need to. This allows you to create a lovely daytime look and you can always take it with you and vamp up your eyes to create a night time look!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 3:10:00 AM More reviews by vicdiz

I love this palette! I own naked 1 and 2 but I reach for this one way more often, I would even recommend it over the other palettes. The packaging is adorable and way more travel friendly. The matte colors look amazing and are really easy to blend. You can do a complete look with this for daytime or nighttime!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2013 6:17:00 AM More reviews by Chall6464

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Returned mine. It is a nice palette but definitely not necessary, especially since I already have the other Nakeds and Lorac Pro. I can easily dupe the look I could get from the Basics palette with my other eyeshadows. The other thing I didn't like was that the lighter colors all looked the same on me. I would say get this if you really want it or just want to have the convenience of these shades in one palette. Otherwise, tell yourself it's ok to not buy every UD palette.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Makeupandbeautynews

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Colors are great, but I would honestly not use all of th colors. First color virgin is very light, I would use it for very light highlight in certain situations.
Sin ( second) is a little pink ( blueish), not working well with my skin tone.
Naked is great for blonde eyebrows.
Cidecar...a little too grey
buck is nice taupe color
Half naked is my absolutely favorite highlighter or all over
Smog is nice dark brown color I will use all the time
darkhorse - too blahh gray
Toasted is my favorite medium brown
Hustle I will use for dark brows and as dark shadow, nice coffee like color
creep too blue for me and gun metal is nice gray - blue- medium light.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 11:50:00 AM More reviews by tralala1980

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this palette! You can do all sorts of looks with it, and it's easy to tuck in your purse for travel. And it's easy to use. Be aware, though, that not all the shades are matte -- there's one that has a wee bit of shimmer (not glittery, but definitely noticeable).