October 22, 2014 | 1991 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by trish7210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Honestly, I was tempted to give this product just one lippie, but to be fair, it works okay. The main issue I had is the same as all my other cool/ivory- skinned companions-I turned orange. The fair and light versions both did this to me, makes me sad. This product is not pale girl-friendly.

That being said, I couldn't give it zero credit. It does even redness pretty good(that's where the too-orangey bisque color comes in). It also makes skin feel very nice and silky, leaving a semi-matte finish. This would be a nice product for warm and darker toned girls, I think. Although, I do think it is more of a tinted moisturizer than a BB cream, it's still worth trying.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2013 12:54:00 AM More reviews by bacabacanomore

This is the first BB cream I have tried so, to compare it to any other BB cream I can't do. But, I can say that over all I love this product! I too put it on and saw that it was white at first and was almost disappointed. Once I started blending it in more the color started changing and matched my tone very well! Like I saw a few other people mention, I was a little worried it was on the orange side as well. Once I was finished applying it to my whole face I no longer saw it as too orange. My understanding is that this is supposed to be a primer so it does feel a little chalky once it dried and set. Once I applied my blush and an all over face powder I was pleased with the look and feel. I'm really happy with my first BB cream experience and glad I chose this one to try first.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by redmau5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have an extremely hard skin type to match because I am so fair, and I also have combination skin so I have been trying to ease up on the foundation and go for something a little lighter. I could not be more pleased with this product! I have tried products in the past that are intended to adjust to your skin tone but they just made me look orange, this didn't at all! It gave my skin a really flawless look, hid my pores well, and it was so lightweight it felt amazing! I only wish it came in a bigger tube!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by jackie84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Price: $7.99 at Target
Amount: 1 fluid ounce
Shade: Light (I'm NC 25-30 depending on season)

Overall, nice face product that doesn't break me out. It is VERY sheer. I use it like a tinted moisturizer/primer and use my Make Up For Ever Pro Finish face powder all over it. Then I have a natural, non-oily, no fuss makeup look that lasts all day. It makes my makeup routine only about 5-10 minutes in the morning as opposed to full face makeup. Nice for the price and I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by lipsofanangel56

First things first, I hate how this is so runny that it just oozes out of the top! I literally store it upside down so that when I use it the product doesn't come running out all over as soon as I take the cap off. And that's another thing! The product gets all over the inside of the cap, and that's another reason why I store the BB cream upside down. Now, I've never tried any of the Asian BB creams, but I'm pretty sure their skincare benefits are greater than L'Oreal has. I love this as a tinted moisturizer, but I don't believe any of it's claims to improve the quality of your skin. I also love how the little beads that eventually turn into the pigment sort of massages the skin. Some people may be averse to trying this product just because of that odd texture, but I actually enjoy it. Even though the shade range is very limited, I was able to find a great shade match (medium). Sadly, this does tend to have a grayish look to it, but that goes away if you powder it; the gray tint also fades within the first hour of wear so that's good. This BB cream goes on pretty matte, but then sets to a ncie satin throughout the day. With this product, my skin tends to get a little oily after 4-5 hours of wear which isn't too bad. Given, I don't have oily skin, I have combination skin; it only gets mildly oily and then stays very dry others. This product does not extenuate dry patches, though I do like to use the DHC velvet skin beforehand only over those dry patches to keep the product going on smoothly. Overall, I really love how easy this product is to use and has suprisingly good coverage for a BB cream. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by LakewaterHair

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is very moisturizing and gives you an excellent finish, but it turns orange. If you're very fair this just won't work for you. It's disappointing because it feels great and looks great up until the color goes off.

I've found that I could wear it if I applied bronzer on my neck and chest, but who wants to go through all that trouble every day?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by neonlady

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was surprised when I put this on my face and it was white. I thought "geez what have I gone and bought here?" But I went ahead and used it like a regular light foundation and I just love the results. I am 58 with a normal amount of wrinkles for my age but skin is in good shape. Regular foundation seems to settle into the creases and accentuates my wrinkles but this cream seems to diffuse the light and brightens my complexion. I did not find it at all greasy, in fact it looked great after 7-8 hours of wear. I purchased this thinking it was something with more color to it but I love the medium and I will continue to purchase it. If you want a lot of coverage this is not for you but if you want to have your skin just look really nice and even in tone you will love this BB cream.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by willow1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this in Fair and it turned orange almost immediately. The orange mellowed out after about twenty minutes, but it was still too dark for my NW15 complexion.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Mollybad

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just put this on my face because it came as a product sample, and after living with it awhile and reviewing the comments here, I have a theory: this stuff is just self-tanning cream with a lotion mixed in. Why else would it 1) be so greasy, 2) turn orange, 3) smell the way it does, and 4) feel so yucky on the skin? No thanks; going to wash it off now. What a sham/shame.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by drbrn_grl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Also surprised that this product isn't getting higher reviews. I love it. It smooths out the imperfections, gives a hint of color, makes a great base for foundation.

It does have silicone in it, so if you have really oily skin you might want to avoid it. My T-zone does get a bit oily with this by the end of the day, but that happens with almost anything I use, so I blame my skin more than the product.

It also seems to last a long time. I don't wear it every day, but my tube seems to be really lasting. Great value.