L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.3

on 5/2/2013 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Picked this up in medium, good for my NC 30-35 skin. Chances are, if I knew this is those colour changing product, I would not purchase it in the first place based on the horrible Almay smart shade stuff.
However, this turned out to be a fantastic product, it is one of those hybrid foundation/tinted primer, what I meant is, traditional fdn. covers, this kind of products blurs. It covers pores, mild uneven skin tone, but even if the uneveness still showed thru, it doesn't look as horrible as before. A little concealer or mineral powder on top takes care of it.
I applied this over sunscreen and moisturizer, yes, there is a little grits, it is so minuscule of worthless mentioning and it melts and blend in with the product. I suspect this is a required in order for the white cream morphing to the skin colour. $15, I wish more products comes in this kind of squeeze tube with eyelet opening.

on 4/28/2013 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have both the Medium & light colors and I love them! I use the light everyday under my other foundation as a primer and it works wonders! It makes my face look flawless, and it's far from it. I love the way it makes me skin feel, and it just evens out my skin. I would recommend this to anyone. Way better than the Revlon BB cream.

on 4/28/2013 11:11:00 PM

I love this product, makes my face so smooth and soft, I will definitely stick with this for a long time.

on 4/28/2013 4:03:00 PM

I love this BB cream!!! The bottle claims it to be a moisturizing product, but I find that is not true. In fact, most of the claims it makes I find (excuse my language) shitty. HOWEVER, I love to use this UNDER my makeup!! It smooths the skin soo nicely and preps it perfectly for foundation! It leaves the skin matte but not dry or flat looking, and gives a very very sheer finish. BUT, if you layer this it gives more coverage and never looks cakey. Personally my foundation routine is extensive as my skin is very temperamental but I find it applies best with my fingers or a stippling brush. The beads somewhat bother me when I use my fingers but if my stippling brush is dirty that is what I use. If used alone (powdered and sprayed with setting spray) it lasts a considerable amount of time but nothing incredible. IMO it works best under foundation and concealer, and I will continue to buy this!! The price is expensive because i find that it runs out quickly, but it's worth it for me. Also, it does not transfer on clothes so that is a plus! I use the lightest shade and it works as long as I blend it in so it does not settle in my baby hairs or my peach fuzz, if it does settle it tends to look a tad orange, but if I blend it it's a good match for my NC15-NC20 skin.

on 4/28/2013 12:20:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love, love, love this BB Cream! It's the first one I ever tried and I'm afraid to try any other since I love this one so much. I read a lot of reviews on here and on YouTube about other BB Creams feeling thick and heavy and I think, if I wanted that, wouldn't I just wear foundation? Maybe b/c they contain SPF? (This one doesn't.) This BB Cream provides a light sheer coverage w/ one layer, two layers and I have just enough coverage yet it feels light and like my natural skin. It has a soft matte finish that makes my skin feel smooth. I follow up w/ Rimmel Stay Matte powder to prevent oil in my t-zone throughout the day. I would not recommend this foundation for people w/ dry skin as it's not very moisturizing. I have normal/combination skin and this does not break me out or irritate my skin. Some people on here have complained about this oxidizing and turning orange, I have no idea what they're talking about??? I have a medium skin tone (NC 20-25) and the medium shade is a perfect match. Others have complained about the tiny beads...this is a white lotion and I assume the beads release the pigment. I think they feel nice, like a gentle exfoliator. I'm already on my second tube of this and I hope they never discontinue it. Another reason I like this is b/c my husband hates makeup and he doesn't think I'm wearing any when I wear this, score! I bought this at CVS for $11. I also like the packaging, just enough comes out so that you don't make a mess.

This bb cream is one of those products that i regret buying. The texture is like sand, i actually feel like it's exfoliating my skin which to me is a no-no. It makes me look ORANGE therefore it oxidized on my skin. The coverage was total crap it seemed like i wasn't putting anything on my skin no matter how many layers i applied. Worst of all i paid $20 (on sale) for it but normal price is around $26.95 in Australia. I hate this so much. This is probably obvious right now but....... I WOULD NEVER PURCHASE THIS AGAIN! :( Majorly dissapointed!

After a few coupons/sales/employee discounts I got this for about... three dollars? Not bad at all.

I like the concept behind it: very light. Almost liquid-y but that works well because it keeps it light and doesn't feel cakey AT ALL on your face.

Problem is, the "light" shade turns my face a weird yellow/orange/brown shade? It's definitely a weird skin tone. I think It will work well in the summer after I little more color, but it's definitely not a perfect shade for me.

I prefer Rimmel's BB, it's much thicker and provides more coverage, slightly harder to work with, but it's a MUCH better shade match.

on 4/26/2013 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This broke me out in large cystic acne. I've never used a BB cream before and didn't know what to expect. It also turned me orange.

on 4/22/2013 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

As far as drugstore BB creams that are available locally, this one is probably my favorite.
It offers decent coverage and the price is affordable.
The catch is that it oxidizes too much and turns orange.
Scary, eh?
I use it like a primer under a foundation, so it doesn't oxidize, but I don't think it would work well if you were using it on it's own.

on 4/22/2013 4:24:00 AM

This was the first BB cream that I ever bought. I had no idea what it was, but I kept seeing it all over the place and reading about it. I like the concept of it doing so many things at once, on those days when I dont have time to go through my regular skin care/ makeup routine. This does it all in one step, which you can learn to appreciate. I have got a few other BB creams, but have yet to try them. I will send an update about which one I like the best. Until then, I will use this.