NARS Exhibit A

4.6

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm not big on writing reviews, but I just had to say something about this blush. I am a blush junkie, and I must say I have found my HG! This blush looks freightening in the pan, but produces the most gorgeous, radiant, natural flush ever! The secret is using a light touch...Just dip the very tips of your brush and go slow--you can always add more. Love it, love it, love it!!

on 2/26/2006 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Exhibit A is a chilli red almost shocking orange in the pan. Abit reluctant to use it at first as I though it'll show up really bright on my skin. However, with a light hand, when applied, it gives my face a natural flush. This is overall a gorgeous shade! Paired with a neutral eye and lips, this looks perfect without looking too overdone. You can't judge a book by its cover, same thing for Exhibit A. Wearable colour especially for tanner to darker skin tones but imo, if applied with a skunk brush or light hands, even paler ladies can pull this colour off :)

on 2/16/2006 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This took me a while to decide to buy this shade, but I'm glad I did. Pretty and unique shade, for those fresh bright yet still natural looking cheeks, works great with neutral lip and understated eyes for me. If lightly applied, it does NOT go on tomato orange red that it looks like in the pan, on my cheeks it is salmon colored. I lightly touch my brush to it - I never had to use such a small amount of the blush powder and blend well. I look lid from within. This might become my favorite blush. I am a very light LLL right now.
I will never have to repurchase, I need another 500 years of life to hit the pan on this. Staying power is exceptional as well.

on 1/24/2006 3:50:00 PM

I saw this online at sephora and thought how unusual the color looked. It's shocking orange/red.
I have been looking for a bright red blush to look natural and fresh. Brisk winter walk, morning jog, dinner with friends (and wine!) kind of flushed look. This blush seems to fit the bill.
The packaging is very nice. It is a very solid, slipproof compact. Easy to hold and not likely to slide off your vanity. The powder is very finely milled and very, very pigmented. It has an almost creamy feel. I love that it doesn't powder all over the place when you use it.
I believe a high quality natural brush is essential to the proper application of this product. I assume a light hand is the key to a natural application.
The blush goes on very smooth and blends effortlessly. Buildable coverage.
I'm a few months shy of 30, medium/fair complexion neutral tone, I've got medium blond hair and aqua blue eyes. This blush really pops blue eyes. The staying power is also very good. I'd recommend this blush.

on 12/8/2005 7:16:00 PM

Screaming orange-red blush, again a nod to Guy Bourdin in both color and name. Exhibit A is the name of a famous photograph by the photographer as well as the title of one of his books. This shade was most likely designed with black women in mind and it really just makes black skin look radiant and pretty. Its actually quite subtle on dark women and I think it would look amazing on very very dark skin. However that being said, this can look amazing on pale women too but applied with a VERY light hand in order to avoid the "racing stripe" blush look. I love a very very neutral pale face with bleached brows and just this on cheeks, no mascara and Heatwave lipstick applied precisely and Babe gloss on top... not for the faint of heart, but hey, its a look.

Also a great summer blush in combination with bronzer to add a touch of "sunburnt" look to the face.

on 11/19/2005 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Scary orange in the pan but if you have darker skin (I'm NW45) and a stippling brush you cant go wrong with this colour. A lovely MUAer sent this to me in a swap and I just love it. The colour goes on matte, warm and lasts all day.

on 11/8/2005 10:53:00 AM

I went to the makeup counter to buy Cactus Flower, but the SA who approached me looked so adorable. Her cheeks looked as if she was blushing, but it was a natural look, so I asked her what color it was and it was Exhibit A. I tried it on and fell in love w/it. When I wore it for the first time w/my hair curly everybody kept telling me how cute I looked. My sister said I looked like Shirley Temple and several people asked what color it was!

on 8/27/2005 1:47:00 PM

wow, i cannot believe there are 116 reviews for this. that is shocking considering it's very intimidating color. I like it when i tried it but was also so intimidating thinking i would not really be able to wear it, and that i must be dreaming that it looked nice. Finally i got it, SOMEONE ROAKED IT TO ME!! :D. Ok, i am olive/yellow nc/c/30/3, i have hard to suit coloring and don't wear mauve, if that helps. its goes on super cute on my brownish skin. Adorable! shows up a corally orangy red. I used a skunk brush and use it lightly on the apples of my cheeks, it just looks fun and adorable is how i would describe. I keep asking people what else they are wearing with it, but no one will tell me. That sux, but whatever. That's why i'm suprised that 116 people have reviewed it, so many people and no one can say what they wear it with? ok, i give up. I wear it with beigey eyes. Gold eyes. and i wear it with a medium l/s. I find that nude li just throw it off, totally out of balance. I like stuff like mac hopscotch with it, or a orange based nude l/s. ok, that's all.

on 8/1/2005 5:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the Doctor Pepper of blushes. You look at it, don`t understand why a cosmetics company would produce such a colour, and then don`t bother with it. It is an intimidating bright orange red in the pot.
But I`m a sucker for odd looking colours, and after all the the great reviews on MUA, I had to get it.
Yes, it is very strong and yes, you need a light hand but the results are well worth it. On my pale skin, the effect is one of a brisk walk on a cold day - it makes my eyes sparkle, and my skin look creamy and fresh.
Bottom line - you have nothing to lose. Try it, you might like it.

on 7/15/2005 8:51:00 AM

This colour looks NUTS in the package - fluoro red. The sales assistant was even almost reluctant to sell it saying it was a very '80's look. Bought it on a day I bought about 3 other bright red things, but must say I didn't regret it, and I like a very natural look. Looks GREAT if applied with a VERY light touch to the apples of the cheeks , and even better combined with bronzer where you get a real sun-kissed glow (I have NW 20 skin). Would reccommend to expand a basic blush collection (and believe me I own a few). Expensive, but I suspect this will last YEARS as it is so pigmented.

Top Rated NARS Products