NARS Exhibit A

4.6

on 1/24/2006 3:50:00 PM

I saw this online at sephora and thought how unusual the color looked. It's shocking orange/red.
I have been looking for a bright red blush to look natural and fresh. Brisk winter walk, morning jog, dinner with friends (and wine!) kind of flushed look. This blush seems to fit the bill.
The packaging is very nice. It is a very solid, slipproof compact. Easy to hold and not likely to slide off your vanity. The powder is very finely milled and very, very pigmented. It has an almost creamy feel. I love that it doesn't powder all over the place when you use it.
I believe a high quality natural brush is essential to the proper application of this product. I assume a light hand is the key to a natural application.
The blush goes on very smooth and blends effortlessly. Buildable coverage.
I'm a few months shy of 30, medium/fair complexion neutral tone, I've got medium blond hair and aqua blue eyes. This blush really pops blue eyes. The staying power is also very good. I'd recommend this blush.

on 12/8/2005 7:16:00 PM

Screaming orange-red blush, again a nod to Guy Bourdin in both color and name. Exhibit A is the name of a famous photograph by the photographer as well as the title of one of his books. This shade was most likely designed with black women in mind and it really just makes black skin look radiant and pretty. Its actually quite subtle on dark women and I think it would look amazing on very very dark skin. However that being said, this can look amazing on pale women too but applied with a VERY light hand in order to avoid the "racing stripe" blush look. I love a very very neutral pale face with bleached brows and just this on cheeks, no mascara and Heatwave lipstick applied precisely and Babe gloss on top... not for the faint of heart, but hey, its a look.

Also a great summer blush in combination with bronzer to add a touch of "sunburnt" look to the face.

on 11/19/2005 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Scary orange in the pan but if you have darker skin (I'm NW45) and a stippling brush you cant go wrong with this colour. A lovely MUAer sent this to me in a swap and I just love it. The colour goes on matte, warm and lasts all day.

on 11/8/2005 10:53:00 AM

I went to the makeup counter to buy Cactus Flower, but the SA who approached me looked so adorable. Her cheeks looked as if she was blushing, but it was a natural look, so I asked her what color it was and it was Exhibit A. I tried it on and fell in love w/it. When I wore it for the first time w/my hair curly everybody kept telling me how cute I looked. My sister said I looked like Shirley Temple and several people asked what color it was!

on 8/27/2005 1:47:00 PM

wow, i cannot believe there are 116 reviews for this. that is shocking considering it's very intimidating color. I like it when i tried it but was also so intimidating thinking i would not really be able to wear it, and that i must be dreaming that it looked nice. Finally i got it, SOMEONE ROAKED IT TO ME!! :D. Ok, i am olive/yellow nc/c/30/3, i have hard to suit coloring and don't wear mauve, if that helps. its goes on super cute on my brownish skin. Adorable! shows up a corally orangy red. I used a skunk brush and use it lightly on the apples of my cheeks, it just looks fun and adorable is how i would describe. I keep asking people what else they are wearing with it, but no one will tell me. That sux, but whatever. That's why i'm suprised that 116 people have reviewed it, so many people and no one can say what they wear it with? ok, i give up. I wear it with beigey eyes. Gold eyes. and i wear it with a medium l/s. I find that nude li just throw it off, totally out of balance. I like stuff like mac hopscotch with it, or a orange based nude l/s. ok, that's all.

on 8/1/2005 5:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the Doctor Pepper of blushes. You look at it, don`t understand why a cosmetics company would produce such a colour, and then don`t bother with it. It is an intimidating bright orange red in the pot.
But I`m a sucker for odd looking colours, and after all the the great reviews on MUA, I had to get it.
Yes, it is very strong and yes, you need a light hand but the results are well worth it. On my pale skin, the effect is one of a brisk walk on a cold day - it makes my eyes sparkle, and my skin look creamy and fresh.
Bottom line - you have nothing to lose. Try it, you might like it.

on 7/15/2005 8:51:00 AM

This colour looks NUTS in the package - fluoro red. The sales assistant was even almost reluctant to sell it saying it was a very '80's look. Bought it on a day I bought about 3 other bright red things, but must say I didn't regret it, and I like a very natural look. Looks GREAT if applied with a VERY light touch to the apples of the cheeks , and even better combined with bronzer where you get a real sun-kissed glow (I have NW 20 skin). Would reccommend to expand a basic blush collection (and believe me I own a few). Expensive, but I suspect this will last YEARS as it is so pigmented.

on 5/23/2005 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This blush definately does not work for all women. I have fair, slightly blotchy skin, hazel eyes, and light hair. I read the reviews, and took note that careful application is necessary. I did over do it my first use, but on second application I used just a small amount and went about my day. All day whenever I looked in the mirror something didn't look right. I realized it was the color of the blush that just didn't look right with my skin; I think my blotchiness had something to do with it - the red I put on my cheeks seemed to pick up the red everywhere else on my face, like my acne spots. Not attractive. I washed off the blush, applied a nice pink-brown blush, and was looking good again. I tried to use the blush again the next day and this only confirmed it looked terrible on me. Just know even with a light hand this blush won't look good on everyone. I do love Orgasm though and will be back for more of that shade instead.

on 4/20/2005 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is my first NARS item and it works like magic on me.
I have a very yellow complexion, but a little of this bright red powder makes me look very fair & lively.
I would buy it again if I live long enough as I have it for three years and there are still hetchmarks on it!

on 4/16/2005 5:55:00 PM

I own several Nars blushes, Sin,orgasm,Mata hari,amour and Exhibit A.I can't say which is my fave,but I'm reviewing Exhibit A for it's uniqueness.No other brand is brave enough to sell something that looks tomato red in the pan yet wears incredibly natural.It is also versatile. I wear it with Orgasm for peachy glow and a bronzer for sunkissed look,but light hand only.All Nars blushes are great, they melt into the skin as if glowing from within.Nars blushes are exspensive but you do get quality AND quantity(last ages),just be sure to choose one thats right for you colouring.

Top Rated NARS Products