December 22, 2014 | 1176 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2012 10:20:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

This is just OK on the basis that isnt as hydrating and dries very quickly. I also find that it doenst provide as flawless a finish as the Shiseido TM or the Philosophy TM, which I would rate above this. The colors work better than LM but the formula isnt as good, the only thing i really liked was the sun protection. This is basically a less hydrating version of the smashbox TM, which i prefer over this. This just doenst spread as well as what other TMs do, it can look cakey very easily even though very little product is used.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by walkerma

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using Laura Mercier's oil-free TM for quite a while and was satisfied, but the buzz on this new TM with PA+++ intrigued me. When it was time for me to buy a new tube, I tried the NARS product. My initial response was favorable: I liked the coverage a little better than LM's, and was really happy to get better sunscreen. It wears through the day nicely.

I had a problem with breakouts though. I wanted to like this and wanted my skin to like it too, so I kept at it for over 3 weeks, but no dice. I finally returned it and went back to Laura Mercier. My skin is clear again, and LM continues to be my holy grail.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by sadorange

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

A pretty solid tinted moisturizer. I have light skin with neutral undertones (about a NC/W 20) and Finland is a perfect match for me. Initially out of the bottle, the shade looks as if it would be too yellow for true neutral undertones, but it blends neutral onto my face. The finish is skin-like, and imparts a healthy glow to my skin. The texture of this TM is really lovely, it is thin and spreads easily onto your face, easy to blend with your fingers. It is truly buildable without looking cakey. The coverage for this I would say is light, enough to even the skintone. I needed concealer for extra spots. The oil control is not too bad; its really odd and hard to explain, but on my combo sensitive skin, I do look noticeably shinier but I don't have the greasy look that most foundations give me when it starts to wane. This product IS scented, but it has a natural lemon-y smell that does not irritate my sensitive nose. Kind of reminds me of Fruit Loops.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by sollison

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

So, I've used MACs tinted moisturizer before they discontinued the actual shades. I then used the Dark but it was way too "Cool" for my skintone. I've tried Mary Kay Beige 2 with the same results. I ordered and returned Paula Dorf in Jet Set Glo. It was way too greasy for my combination skin. And now there's NARS. I obtained two samples from Sephora and I am so thankful that I didn't purchase it outright. I tried Cuba first and then asked for a sample of Malaga. I scored with Malaga! It is almost a perfect match for my skintone. It is very light and blends into my skin very well. The best part - it didn't break me out!!! I am a NC45 in MAC Studio Fix and Select Tint. I pray that NARS does not discontinue this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by DarlaB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

So, I've been using this TM for about a month now and I really like it. I've previously used Laura Mercier TM (pretty good, a lot less coverage than Nars), and Aveeno (horrible, sparkly and greasy)
Pros
--> Good coverage - It's a lot higher than the other TM I've used and it's almost on par with the Sheer Glow foundation, which I love
--> Moisturizing - I still use a moisturizer before, but I also recognize that I have very dry skin and need a richer moisturizer than most skin types
--> Finish - It gives me a nice 'glow' without looking greasy
--> Packaging - Squeeze tube which is simple, sturdy, and hygienic
Cons
--> Price - It's more than what I would like to pay for (but what isn't?) but Nars is a higher end brand, so I know I will pay more
--> Shade range - This is the big drawback for me, and why I took off a lippy. I'm using Finland, which I can get away with, but they don't have anything really suitable for the very pale or cool, pink toned people. I use Mont Blanc in Nars Sheer Glow, and I really wish they had something closer to that

Overall, I am very pleased with this purchase. I've been applying this with my fingers, add some concealer where I need it (generally around the nose and under the eyes) and sometimes set it with MUFHD powder. If you don't need a ton of coverage and and can find a shade that matches I would highly recommend testing it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by michelleannmarie

I really like this for being a tint moisturizer it gives nice coverage...this is something I will be wearing during the summer at the beach and at the pool.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by megncee

I am SO sad about this product. It is gorgeous, looks amazing, the finish is perfect. It is not too sheer not to provide coverage and smells wonderful. It's also super easy to apply in a multitude of methods and is comfortable over moisturizer or serum, or even alone. It lasts long and did not oxidize horribly on me. I also have oily skin and still found this product to be okay. However, it clogs my pores so bad it's unbelievable. I blame the algae. After a week and a half of using during the weekdays my cleared up skin looks ravaged again. Inflated, clogged pores, red blemishes, the whole lot. It's pretty devastating. I wish NARS would stop using algae in their facial products as it is extremely comedogenic. If your aren't acne prone, run and get this now!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by FiendGirl138

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my new HG! It provides just enough coverage without looking like makeup. It doesnt make me break out and it stays fresh looking longer than other tinted moisturizers, bb creams,etc that Ive tried. And I have tried ALOT. I use Strobe Lotion underneath and it gives me the perfect dewy look. Keep in mind my skin leans tward oily, so dewy can be a bit difficult to achieve. But seriously,the combo of these two products is fabulous!! I apply this like a moisturizer but I find it isnt super moisturizing so I use my regular moisturizer, then I either apply Strobe under the Nars or I mix them together. Both ways work fine. I do use concealer with this and finish with a light dusting of powder. It doesnt disappear on me halfway through the day, it really stays put. Also, I took home 3 color samples and found all three looked fine....so I dont think color matching will be difficult for most people. *I do agree with a previous reviewer that the colors tend to lean yellow. This works fine for me, but yes pinker skintones should definitely test in person.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by bos101

It seems to be a very nice product in it's texture, but I have found the shade that was selected for me 'Alaska' (I am NW20 in Mac/Deauville in Sheer Glow) just seems to make the colour of my skin look a flat yellow colour. I have only worn it a few times,so I plan to try it with a variety of blushes/bronzers etc to see if I can lift it a little, but I would'nt have thought that was the point to have to use other products to stop it looking so flat. I much prefer Liz Earle's tinted moisturiser, that's amazing for me (medium shade). I'll keep trying this and hopefully I'll be able to come back and ad another lippie. I'm a little disappointed though, not with the texture, just the colour range.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by sparrows

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. I really do. I have been on the hunt for years for something this light, and that has SPF in it that doesn't break me out. I hate the feeling of makeup on my face, and for that reason, every moisturizer with SPF I have ever tried has felt way too heavy for me. I'm so glad I tried this product because it's exactly what I've been looking for. It's light feeling, it has enough coverage for my clear, but dry skin, and it has a pretty good SPF! It is expensive, but a little goes a long way, and I have tried a lot of products and this is the only one with SPF that I have been 100% satisfied with. The only drawback (and why I only gave 4 lippies) is that the range seems best suited for people with yellow undertones to their skin, so someone with pink undertones might not be able to find a good match.