Maybelline Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

4.4

Ingredients.Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Ceresin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Caprylyl Glycol, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Tin Oxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Paraffin. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 16035 / Red 40 Lake, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77400 / Copper Powder, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide.. ...

on 8/9/2012 3:19:00 PM

I got this product because I heard great things about it and this was the only color in the line that appealed to me. I had tried the taupe one as well but I hated that color and gave it away. I kept this one only because I love neutrals and I wanted to like this bronzey color. However, the more I use it the more I start to hate this color as well. If you look closely, there are little glitter particles in the cream and I much prefer matte cream shadows or even sheen-y ones like MAC's Indianwood and Rubenesque. I am really not a fan of the little glitter particles. In terms of staying power, it does stay on my lids for a long time but so do all of my other cream shadows.

on 8/8/2012 10:19:00 PM

This base did slightly crease on me - even after I put a powder eye shadow on top. I think this color is a basic neutral - it's a bit dark and dull looking on me on it's own so I tend to just use it as a base. I think if you have oily lids and live in humid climates, I would still recommend a primer before using this product.

on 8/2/2012 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

New HG!!! I hesitated on getting this mostly because I'm way too pale & cool-toned for anything called "bronze" to work on me. But after essiebutton (amazing YTer) included it in one of her monthly faves, I knew I had to try it.
LOVE. To me, this isn't bronze at all. It actually seems like a more pigmented version of Cover Girl Tapestry Taupe, which is cool-neutral toned. I love TT but I always found myself layering it to try to get it to show up better. Bad to the Bronze is much easier & you can wear it sheer or build it up very easily.
Really hope they never DC this

on 8/2/2012 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I have four color tattoo shadows, but Bad to the Bronze is my favourite. The colour will suit all skin tones and can be used as a base but I prefer to use on its own. No need to prime, just dab on with your ring finger and blend out to the edges. Finish with eyeliner and mascara and totally made my green eyes pop! So simple and lasts - BELIEVE ME. Yesterday I applied at 6:30am before work, had yoga class at 12:30pm - eyes still looking perfect, netball game at 7pm and afterwards yes you guessed it - eyes still perfect! Totally recommend

on 7/31/2012 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Consistency and staying power are the same as all the other Color Tattoos; however, this color is not for me. It's very close to the color of my eyelids, so it just looks like a shimmery mess.

on 7/31/2012 5:45:00 PM

Very nice color, but does not stay put. By 3 hours of wear, it's all up in the crease. Did not use a primer. But then with BB cream eyeshadows, I don't need to. They stay put all day.

on 7/30/2012 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Beware if you are sensitive to products ...

I wanted to like this so much but had a skin reaction instead :( I had heard how much like MAC paint pots the Maybelline Color Tattoo's are and decided to save some $ and try this out instead of repurchasing a MAC PP. Bad to the Bronze is a very pretty color and looks great on my NW20 skin. It was dryer than a PP and was lifting along the edges of the jar. I applied it using my fingers around 730 am by 830 I had severe itching around my eye area and by 1230 I had formed a stye on one eyelid. Am going to try and return ...

on 7/25/2012 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this. Never been a big Maybelline girl but this is a great little treasure. So beautiful for everyday looks or something special. I have hooded eyes and I just apply and blend out with a matte brown like MAC wedge and blend out some dark brown or black to the outer corners of my eyes. So simple but beautiful.
Also looks good with Suspect, from UD Naked2 palette on top. Here in Aus they are about $10 and I think thats great I want to stock up!

on 7/24/2012 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

The Color Tattoo Eyeshadow applies like a cream but eventually dries down and then becomes almost like any other powder shadow. It. Does. Not. Budge. once applied, thus making blending rather pointless hence, the Tattoo part of its name I suppose. Nevertheless, that only means that this shadow stays for a long time and while I can’t really attest to the “24-hour” claim, I can say that I’ve had this shadow on for 20 hours and it stayed… well… like a tattoo on my eyelids without any creasing whatsoever. And with a primer layered under it, it's just the perfect, no-budge, low maintenance eyeshadow.

It’s amazing. It’s so pigmented and very easy to apply. I just use my ring finger to dab it on my lids and voila! I'm set for the day.

I picked this up at Rite Aid for around $7 but they were buy one get one 50% off. I was slightly skeptical because i've never tried a cream eyeshadow that ever lasted. After hearing all the reviews i finally caved and bought it!
It is my new favorite eyeshadow. it is the ONLY eyeshadow i use in the summer and the color is gorgeous! If you watch xeverygirlx's video for everyday summer makeup it looks like she spent a TON of time on her eyeshadows and blended everything in when in reality it was one color.
My favorite thing about this is the lasting power and the color! I go to the gym and even after 3 1/2 hours it is still on my eyes! (Yes, i go to the gym/work out for quite a while) I wiped my eyelids off after running 3-4 miles because i forgot i had put this on. I looked in the mirror, and it did not even budge.
As for the color it is absolutely perfect. You can build it from a light shimmery brown to a deep golden/brown smokey eye. It is easily blended before it sets and with a little bit of black mascara that is all you need on your eyes! It even looks good on your lower lash line.
I recommend this to EVERYONE whether looking for an everyday eyeshadow, base, or only for special occasions. You will fall in love!
Looking forward to trying more color tattoos and I'm searching desperately for the limited edition ones!

Video Reviews & Tutorials