July 28, 2014 | 991 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A little too shimmery for daytime. Just as good as Bobbi Brown's long wear eyeshadows. It just looked a little too shimmery and heavy on my lids. Won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Rosie03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Combination Oily/Medium Olive Skin tone

So I'm a little late to the game but I bought the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze, Too Cool and Fierce and Tangy. I have a high standard for anything that goes on my eyes because I get really oily eyelids - Here's my take:

Pros:
-Dries super fast
-Lightweight
-Bad to the Bronze and Too Cool show up really well
-Application is easy, using a brush or fingers
-Great primer

Cons:
-Fierce and Tangy did not show up so much. I tried to build it up, but it dries so fast that it got cakey and the color started to skip all over my lids (i wanted it to look like the model but it's not that sparkly either)
-By the 3rd day, my eyelids started to get dry and itchy BUT I love this product so much that I've resolved to keep wearing it anyways (I just apply aquafor to my lids at night before i go to sleep to moisturize)
-For some reason, the cover doesn't go on easily I find myself wasting time fumbling to get it closed (or maybe i'm just clumsy)
-I feel like the containers a bit heavy

All in all, I give this product an A-/4.5 star rating mostly because of the dry eyelid issue

Side Note - I bought this with the NYC Waterproof Eyeliners and I'm not sure if its the eye shadow or the eyeliner but NEITHER is BUDGING - I LOVE IT!
My eyes look exactly the same at night as when I put on my makeup in the morning, I'm becoming so confident about it that I don't feel like I have to check the mirror a million times a day to check or wipe any smudging!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Jennifckerrr

This shadow is amazing. I apply it daily around 7am, get home from work around 7pm, and do cardio for 2 hours after. Does not crease at all. The shadow stayed put all day, of course at the end of the day it isn't as vibrant as it was in the morning. The only touch up I do is to blot my lids with blotting paper around 2PM. You honestly don't need to apply any other shadow with this, it blends very well on its own. Recommend! It's super cheap and the packaging is convenient too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by TheShe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is so nerdy, but I just got really excited to write a review of this eyeshadow! I've been using it almost daily for a couple of months and haven't written one yet - oops! Bad to the Bronze is AMAZING. Awesome color (bronzey taupe - no glitter (!!), smooth metallic finish), very pigmented, it looks best applied with fingers which I love because I have fewer brushes to wash, and it ACTUALLY STAYS ON ALL DAY (over a primer)! A wash of this color on my lids, applied in under 30 seconds with my finger, looks just the right amount of "done" for daytime. Add a darker bronze or brown liner and it's perfect for night. This is seriously the most flattering shade on me - I've really never seen anything like it before, it's crazy to think it came from a drugstore. I'd willingly pay dept. store prices for this.
I also got the dark grey, gold, and taupe Color Tattoo shadows and it's 50/50 - I don't like the grey or gold, I like the taupe, but this one is the clear winner for me. Desert island material.
*edit* After I wrote that I remembered that this was the ONLY shadow that I took on a recent vacation to Kauai, so I have literally taken this as my one item to a (sort of) desert island. And it held up pretty well in the million-percent humidity, too!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by pappygalore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the bronze and taupe colour, I have oily lids and it creased within one and a half hours. quite disappointed. Really hoped it would work. Oily lids be a bit wary imo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

wow this is the perfect summer color!
I passed on it before because I thought it was really warm and golden but it turns out I was wrong. It's very neutral taupe with very fine shimmer.
It makes my eyes look sexy without being over done.
It lasts all day without any creasing even in hot weather.
Since I got it I've been wearing it and mascara as my daily go to nude look. Love it and highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by buttons723

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite of the color tattoo eye colors...you can wear it alone or as a base for another color. Has some shimmer but not flat out glitter like audacious asphalt...which I like. Perfect for day or night.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2012 8:52:00 PM More reviews by gabbyiella

lasts foever, great pigmentation of light shimmmery brown/ taupe. not copper toned at all. stays on all day but color sot of fades

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Leannne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I only own this color in the color tattoos line, and I absolutely love it. It's a bit on the expensive side for drug store makeup, but you get quite a lot in that little glass jar. The color payoff is really good. It goes on really smoothly and blends so nicely!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by DallasCowgirl

Very good shadows very bold I personally use them as a base for my powder eyeshadows especially the bronze color it really make your gold or brown eyeshadows pop!