April 18, 2014 | 1437 users online

Pressed Powders - New York Color - Pressed Translucent Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2004 6:19:00 AM More reviews by Exotica28

omg this is like, $1.00 something and works so well! It went on smooth and blended in perfect and everything! I will defenitely get again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2004 1:29:00 AM More reviews by jaimmie

I love this! Great powder, CHEAP price! And it's light enough for me!!! Most every other brand EVER has been way too dark and/or oxidized on me, this hasn't. Great stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2004 9:17:00 PM More reviews by velveteenchaos

jane's pressed powder used to be my HG, but then i noticed that it was always getting cakey in the compact or breaking into a dusty mess. so instead of picking up another jane after the last compact caked up, i went ahead and bought this. i love it! so cheap, and i really like the cute little pink sponge that comes with it (much better than jane's, which is useless). i just wish the compact had a hinge, instead of just plastic. oh well, it's super cheap and great quality so i'll keep buying it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2004 7:11:00 PM More reviews by getstrong29

the translucent color is a little light but this powder gets an A++ for it's mildness and it does not cause me to breakout. my skin is so clear now. i have too be careful because i have really dry skin and this powder is meant to absorb oil. funny how it balances out my skin perfectly. can't wait to try natural beige this summer!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2004 6:49:00 PM More reviews by mandigirl

For this super cheap price, I find this a really great pressed powder for my ivory skin. It's not cakey, chalky or makes me look whiter/darker than I am. I've tried just about every compact and I still like Maybelline Finish Matte the best but I can't find it anymore so for 2.99 this is my new powder! Don't use the sponge that comes with it though. You should first apply with a Large brush then use a good powder puff in the T-zone or where you get most shiny.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2004 5:08:00 PM More reviews by sanriogirl

This is my second one. It shows up colourless on my PPP face and gives a matte finish. It does an okay job of absorbing shine. I will repurchase if I don't find something better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2004 8:16:00 PM More reviews by wingedtwilight

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted this to work for me. I bought it in Translucent and it didn't matter how little I patted on, dusted off, or blended in, it still showed white and powdery on my face. And I am fair-skinned. It was so-so as far as oil control goes. I will just stick with my Palladio.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2004 6:07:00 PM More reviews by IvyGuppy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this after reading all the raves, and I'm not disappointed. I'm LLL Asian, and this powder lightens up my skin ever so slightly, which in my opinion is great because sometimes I feel that my naturally yellow-toned skin makes me look a little sickly. It's easy to overdo it with this powder and end up looking like a ghost. The secret is to use a light hand, and blend well. For a cheap drugstore pressed powder with no fuss, I prefer Jane's Oil Free Finishing Powder in 0 Fair. The NYC compact looks really cheap in comparison, and always seems ready to bust open and fall apart. I would repurchase, but I hope that NYC redesigns their packaging.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2004 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Eleanor_The_Cute

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The product is good for the price, between $1 and $2. There is no scent, the powder seems to be fine-milled, leaves no color, does not change the color of foundation, and the powder does not cake up in the compact as I've had other brands do. The applicator included with the compact, however, is of such poor quality that, if I use the powder every day, I find I must wash caked-up powder and oil out of the sponge applicator every other day. I.e., the holes in the sponge are not "fine" enough to avoid collecting powder and oil from the face. The compact itself has bent plastic instead of a hinge, which is not sturdy. However, considering the value of this product versus the price, I will definately repurchase. UPDATE 03/07/04: This has made it onto my HG list. I could care less about the cheap packaging because of the splendid job this powder does of keeping my face shine free all day. ALL DAY! WHOOP!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2004 1:23:00 AM More reviews by Eleanor_The_Cute