New York Color Pressed Translucent Powder

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Dimethicone/Kaolin/Zinc Stearate/Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate/Cetyl Dimethicone/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Ethylparaben/Propylparaben/Butylparaben/Isobutylparaben. May Contain Mica/Iron Oxides/Titanium Dioxide

on 6/18/2004 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this for touchups! It doesnt turn orange, doesnt build up and it has no fragrance! The only downside it that it looks chalky until it has time to 'set'. I usually speed up the setting process by lightly patting the area I've applied it with my fingers. Now if I could only figure out how to stick the pan into my MAC compact...

on 6/11/2004 9:55:00 PM

Impressed by the quality of N.Y.C's products. This is a good quality powder, evens out my skintone & sets my makeup. Modern/cool design & nice pink sponge puff. Only $1.99! Will most definitely buy again!

on 5/25/2004 4:15:00 AM

Nice general powder. Pretty good for the price- made me break out though :(

on 5/22/2004 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I like to use loose powder to set my m/u at home but I like to carry a pressed powder in my m/u bag. This powder is really good at soaking up oilies. This is the 3rd time I repurchased and will continue to do so, especially at 1.99$. The color can look a bit chalky if you put too much on but it really does wonders for shine!

on 5/2/2004 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I wanted to try the Mac Blot powder, but I got to the store to late and they were closed. Someone mentioned in the reviews that this was just as good, so I decided to give it a try. It's cheap so if it didn't work I wouldn't be too bummed. So far I like it. I took a 2 hour nap and when I woke up my skin was FAR less oily than when it usually is. I don't like the sponge or the case, but I can easily fix that by depotting it and getting a better sponge. I will update in a few weeks to see if this is a keeper. ;)

Update: Didn't like it, my search continues. =/
Update: Ok I don't like it. It worked OK, but that's about it.

on 4/23/2004 11:23:00 AM

This powder is great. I've been using it for a week now & it does exactly what a powder should do- sets my makeup & keeps me matte. The packaging is totally cheap & cheesey looking , but I'm over it. Must be applied very lightly to avaoid being chalky though. I'm so glad I purchased this! & for so cheap too!

on 4/18/2004 4:28:00 AM

This is an average product. It's cheap and works well, and used to be a HG for me, until I realized the translucent color was beginning to look ashy for me. So, I would suggest using a tinted one that matches your skin color instead of using translucent. That said, it does absorb oil well and is a good cheap fix.

on 4/8/2004 9:23:00 PM

When I first put this on, I used the sponge. Yikes! A big white poof of powder on my NC30 skin.

Now I've figured out how to make it work - put it on sheerly and with a big brush. Any more and I look ghostly - so, it's not really "translucent." If you're light though, you're going to love it, b/c it's nicely milled, esplly for a d/s powder; doesn't cause any funny buildup; and takes away all the shine. I sometimes even use this instead of loose powder to set my MU.

I took one lippie off for the packaging, which is butt-ugly.

Edit: I'm giving it 5 lippies again. Ugly packaging or not, the low price and great quality make this a keeper.

on 4/3/2004 4:23:00 AM

I really like this powder and the price can't be beat. Still, I don't really know how well this compact can handle being in my purse. Also the puff is worthless. A great product that just needs better packaging. It absorbs oil very well and blends very smoothly. I don't find myself reapplying hardly at all.

on 3/29/2004 11:16:00 PM

This powder is wonderful, it works better than any other I have ever tried and is a fraction of the cost! Doesn't clog my pores and lasts all day, colour matchs my skin wonderfully and blends in easy. However if I have a dry patch it off course makes it harder to blend as with any powder. The case is a bit ugly but I'm not gonna complain, it even has a build in mirror.