October 24, 2014 | 1953 users online

Pressed Powders - New York Color - Pressed Translucent Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2004 11:23:00 AM More reviews by deadmilk

This powder is great. I've been using it for a week now & it does exactly what a powder should do- sets my makeup & keeps me matte. The packaging is totally cheap & cheesey looking , but I'm over it. Must be applied very lightly to avaoid being chalky though. I'm so glad I purchased this! & for so cheap too!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2004 4:28:00 AM More reviews by devilzwind

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an average product. It's cheap and works well, and used to be a HG for me, until I realized the translucent color was beginning to look ashy for me. So, I would suggest using a tinted one that matches your skin color instead of using translucent. That said, it does absorb oil well and is a good cheap fix.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2004 9:23:00 PM More reviews by obzessd

When I first put this on, I used the sponge. Yikes! A big white poof of powder on my NC30 skin.

Now I've figured out how to make it work - put it on sheerly and with a big brush. Any more and I look ghostly - so, it's not really "translucent." If you're light though, you're going to love it, b/c it's nicely milled, esplly for a d/s powder; doesn't cause any funny buildup; and takes away all the shine. I sometimes even use this instead of loose powder to set my MU.

I took one lippie off for the packaging, which is butt-ugly.

Edit: I'm giving it 5 lippies again. Ugly packaging or not, the low price and great quality make this a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2004 4:23:00 AM More reviews by AmyFay

I really like this powder and the price can't be beat. Still, I don't really know how well this compact can handle being in my purse. Also the puff is worthless. A great product that just needs better packaging. It absorbs oil very well and blends very smoothly. I don't find myself reapplying hardly at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2004 11:16:00 PM More reviews by QuinnBridget

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder is wonderful, it works better than any other I have ever tried and is a fraction of the cost! Doesn't clog my pores and lasts all day, colour matchs my skin wonderfully and blends in easy. However if I have a dry patch it off course makes it harder to blend as with any powder. The case is a bit ugly but I'm not gonna complain, it even has a build in mirror.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2004 6:19:00 AM More reviews by Exotica28

omg this is like, $1.00 something and works so well! It went on smooth and blended in perfect and everything! I will defenitely get again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2004 1:29:00 AM More reviews by jaimmie

I love this! Great powder, CHEAP price! And it's light enough for me!!! Most every other brand EVER has been way too dark and/or oxidized on me, this hasn't. Great stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2004 9:17:00 PM More reviews by velveteenchaos

jane's pressed powder used to be my HG, but then i noticed that it was always getting cakey in the compact or breaking into a dusty mess. so instead of picking up another jane after the last compact caked up, i went ahead and bought this. i love it! so cheap, and i really like the cute little pink sponge that comes with it (much better than jane's, which is useless). i just wish the compact had a hinge, instead of just plastic. oh well, it's super cheap and great quality so i'll keep buying it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2004 7:11:00 PM More reviews by getstrong29

the translucent color is a little light but this powder gets an A++ for it's mildness and it does not cause me to breakout. my skin is so clear now. i have too be careful because i have really dry skin and this powder is meant to absorb oil. funny how it balances out my skin perfectly. can't wait to try natural beige this summer!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2004 6:49:00 PM More reviews by mandigirl

For this super cheap price, I find this a really great pressed powder for my ivory skin. It's not cakey, chalky or makes me look whiter/darker than I am. I've tried just about every compact and I still like Maybelline Finish Matte the best but I can't find it anymore so for 2.99 this is my new powder! Don't use the sponge that comes with it though. You should first apply with a Large brush then use a good powder puff in the T-zone or where you get most shiny.