July 25, 2014 | 1836 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 12:17:00 AM More reviews by xXVampirePrincessXx

The Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter, is one of my all time favorite lip products. It's really moisturizing, that I don't even have to apply my Nivea A Kiss of Milk & Honey Lip Balm underneath it, even though I still do, since I can't go anywhere without it. But anyways, back on the lip butter, it's nicely pigmented, creamy, and they have pretty colors. I have my color in "Cupcake". It's such a pretty pink, and I would definitely recommend checking it out. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by supragurl7

I know a lot of people like these but it just didn't work for me. It is suppose to be moisturizing but it made my lips peel like crazy. I've tried 2 shades and both make my lips peel. A lot of lip products make my lips peel, but this has to be the worst. Usually when my lips peel, big chunks of skin flakes. For these lip butters, my lips peel into tiny itty bitty flakes that are very hard to exfoliate.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 8:16:00 AM More reviews by mkeddie

I have peach parfait and I like it a lot. It is moist and easy to apply. More like a lipstick. Will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by kamiekirk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

PROS:
-pigmented for a balm
-luxurious packaging
-great colors
-there are sheer colors available

CONS:
-more of a lipstick then a balm
-pretty expensive compared to most butter/balm products

Overall, I like Pink Truffle enough to not return it, but it did not wow me as much as Baby Lips did. Especially when you consider the price - you can buy two Baby Lips for one of these. However, Pink Truffle is a gorgeous color, it's moisturizing, and I am not disappointed. If you're looking for a tinted balm, this product is NOT for you. If you're looking for lighter-than-lipstick color, this is perfection.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by lachrymist

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

If if you have sensitive lips or chronically dry lips, forget it. This is named butter but it will make your lips peel like crazy as opposed to moisturizing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Sunkissed101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have recently purchased Red Velvet and Sugar Plum..and I love the two of them just the same! They go on creamy and smooth with super-bold pigmentation. The only dislikes I have is the packaging..sometimes the product can develop a sort of lip in the lid and I have to wipe it off.

Red Velvet is like a smooth, deep red cream that will work for almost anyone! It's a great Autumn/ Christmas color..very festive, very nice.

Sugar Plum was actually lighter than I expected, but still very pretty. It's a light, warm, creamy plum, that looks very nice on the lips. It can actually make your lips look a bit fuller and very sexy. Topped with a gloss, it's a total keeper.

Over all, very moisturizing and rich formulas. A must-have for anyone!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2012 12:35:00 PM More reviews by gagag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

These are unscented and there's wide variation among colors. They range from sheer to highly-pigmented, but the sheer ones are buildable. For reference, I am fair-skinned with cool-to-neutral tones, dark features, and green eyes. My thoughts:

BERRY SMOOTHIE - my favorite - the most emollient of the ones I tried. Definitely a MLBB color but maybe the best of its kind that I've found. It's a cool-to-neutral mauve/pink with plenty of shine. Completely buildable. Great when you don't want to look too made-up but you want a healthy glow.

CHERRY TART - a cool-toned inoffensive red that provides a sheer red-lip look. No glitter or shimmer here either, but shiny. Very happy with this one.

SWEET TART - a neutral-toned highly-pigmented bluish-pink. Very buildable. This could easily work on both cool- and warm-toned skin; maybe that's why it was sold out in 2 of the 3 stores I went to. Every woman should have a great pink lip color in her collection.

SUGAR PLUM - a cool-toned pink/purple that's a deeper, darker version of Berry Smoothie. Highly-pigmented. No shimmer or glitter, but tons of shine and hydration. Gorgeous with green eyes. It's hard to find a somewhat-sheer but buildable plum hue; this one hits the mark.

PINK TRUFFLE - a warm brown/pink, but not one I'm going to keep - it doesn't work as well with my skin. I'm sure this would be the MLBB color for those with olive skin or yellow/warm undertones.

PEACH PARFAIT - a warm dark peach with too much glitter to muster. The least pigmented of the ones I've tried, but it's buildable. This was my biggest disappointment as I love the color but the glitter kills it. I don't mind glitter if it stays put, but this stuff migrates like crazy. Lovely shade on fair skin were it not for the migratory glitter.

UPDATE: Much to my dismay, after prolonged use, these lip butters actually had a drying effect on my lips. I think another reviewer had the same issue and suggested it may be a barrier issue with the skin's natural oils and the lip butter formula. It's a shame, because they're pretty and affordable, but there you have it.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2012 7:49:00 AM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I absolutely love these lipsticks. (I see some think of them as a balm, but I definitely don't. They perform like a very smooth, moisturizing lipstick, well pigmented, and have a decent lasting-power). They go on so smoothly, feel great on, and never leave my lips dry. I really want to collect more. I find the price to be very reasonable for the quality of the product. I have bought the similar Clinique product, and won't buy that anymore, since these are better in my opinion, and a better value by far.With the frequent sales and coupons, the price gets even better. So far, my favorite color is the Pink Truffle. Love!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2012 7:23:00 AM More reviews by mikxoh

I own 4 lip butters - sugar plum, berry smoothie, peach parfait, and pink truffle.

Do these live up to the hype? Yeah, they do (better than most products. I'm glaring at you maybelline babylips).

SO MANY COLORS! WHICH ONE TO BUY? D:!

Here's my advice - pick colors that you know will suit your skin tone. Google for swatches to help narrow down your choices. I know on my skin tone, I cannot pull off certain shades of pink because they're cool toned and clash horribly. I gravitated towards the warmer shades knowing that they would suit me much more.

Honestly, the reason why I marked it off 1 lippie is because there's so freaking little product in one tube. These guys run for $7-8 a pop so the price really stacks up when you buy more than just 1 or 2. Because it's a balm, you find yourself reapplying it for a kick of moisture so you'll end up using this balm+lipstick up a lot faster than your average lipstick. I got mine when it was buy 1 get 1 half off so it was a better deal.

Not a totally over hyped product. It's worth picking up to satisfy that curiosity.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by micky887

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have 4 of these and love them all I didn't really use them a lot when I bought them, some are more sheer than others ive started wearing strawberry shortcake and its is a pretty pink I love it they are really moisturising and I can see why there was such a hype about them they feel like a balm and lipgloss all in one