December 22, 2014 | 1773 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2011 11:47:00 AM More reviews by AryBoooo63

I have naturally long lashes but length and volume is always nice so I stick with The Falsies! But, I sent my friend to the store to buy me regular Falsies but she accidently got it in Flared.
I thought about getting it before but I read so many poor reviews that I decided not to.
But since I had it I might as well try it right?
THIS IS AWFUL.
It was clumpy and dry.
The wand is a pain in the butt to use. I actually had to return it after two days of using it!
It was constantly falling in my eyes, like at the end of the day I would honestly have black chunks of mascara, floating, In my eyes.
I would give it an A+ for length! Because it makes them long but they look disgusting.
I do NOT reccomend getting this product at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2011 7:17:00 PM More reviews by breakawaysue

I've never said this about a mascara before, but this stuff is HORRIBLE! It does separate, but it doesn't lengthen or add volume any more than any other mascara. It does have something in it that makes the ends curl up, but the REAL PROBLEM is that not all my lashes curled up, some of the tips curled in. So they were separated alright, but they looked like split ends on hair with some pointing one direction and some another. Never seen anything like it. I had it on one eye and another mascara on the other (both eyes had been curled prior to mascara) and I let it dry about an hour and then asked a few other people for their opinions and they all said the Falsies eye look bad. Some of the words they used were spidery with weird flaky ends.

Taking it off was a nightmare too. I generally wear waterproof mascara, so I think I know how to remove tough mascara properly without loosing eye lashes. I would say this was one of the hardest to remove I've seen but even worse, it came off in small flaky chunks that ended up all over my cheeks. After removing what I could, I washed my face as usual and had a heck of a time getting all those little specks off, there were even a few floating around by morning still. Never seen anything like that before.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by reneesonglover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wasn't really impressed with this mascara at all. It was kind of dried out already when I just opened it and it pales in comparison to the original falsies. The brush is way to uncontrollable and bendy. I was a little unhappy with the outcome.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2011 9:56:00 AM More reviews by danapop711

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this just to try it out. I got the waterproof and use it for layering, to help my lashes stay curled. I think it works decently. It's not my favorite but one I have bought again. When wearing alone, I don't think it gave my lashes a false lash effect, it was pretty natural looking. I personally like more dramatic lashes all the time, so I layer over this with other mascaras. I do think it works well for layering. It doesn't make my lashes crispy. The formula isn't as wet as the other falsies mascaras, I like that.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2011 3:32:00 AM More reviews by dhewey86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I was so disappointed in this product! :(

It was super clumpy, flaked and didn't make my eyelashes look more full at all! How disappointing!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2011 2:28:00 AM More reviews by LegallyBrunettes881

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really didn't think this product was worth it....it really just kind of felt and gave the same results as all of the other maybelline mascaras. I don't know why i bought this hahaha because i have naturally flared lashes! BEAUTY TIP: USE VASILINE EVERY NIGHT ON YOUR LASHES FOR AMAZING AND FABULOUS RESULTS! CAUTION: IT BURNS WHEN YOU GET IT IN YOUR EYES, BE CAREFUL!
cheers, legallybrunettes881j

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 1:39:00 AM More reviews by amyers2

I really, really did not like this product.
- - -
Pros - very black, very pigmented. Lashes are noticeably darker and dramatic. The spoon shape of the brush is great for reaching lots of lashes at once.
- - -
Cons - CLUMPS. FLAKY. spider lashes. The spoon shape of the brush also makes it awkward for trying to reach inner and outer lashes.
- - -
Over all - I liked the original Falsies, but this is just awful. Yes, your lashes will be really dramatic, but you will need a lash comb after using this mascara. I've never had a problem with lashes clumping and with this mascara it would take sections of lashes and pretty much glue them together. Also, at the end of the day I noticed mascara had flaked under my eyes. There are other comparably priced mascaras on the market that do a better job.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by pictureperfect09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was hoping to like this, and at first I did, until I compared it to my other mascaras. It clumps too much and is hard to build up. After using my Lancome Hypnose again I noticed how dry and flaky this mascara gets. I much prefer Lashblast volume for the same effect and price.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by ajwhite1003

I bought this mascara a few weeks ago, and I have to say I am completely in love with it. I used the same type of mascara for years and on a whim decided to purchase The Falsies Flared. It's cheap enough I figured why not. I love the brush because it really does flare your lashes. It makes them look long and gives them volume while not being clumpy or super fake looking. It doesn't make me look like I'm wearing false eyelashes, but I didn't really expect it to. The formula of the regular smells faintly of rosewater which I love. I swear by this mascara now because it's perfect for everyday or for special occasions.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by scareyj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm not too impressed with this product. I like the original falsies alot more. This seemed to stay wet on my lashes and I didn't notice any kind of flared look to them either. I will not repurchase this particular falsies again.