Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

3.2

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Why do I ever stray from Voluminous Carbon Black??? This is just "okay". Certainly isn't black enough and takes a bit to build up. Back to L'Oreal for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

This works really well for gals like me with already somewhat thick eyelashes. It does provide a little volume, but it clumps a lot if you try to build much more than a few coats. As for length, holy mother of god, my lashes were so long and curled and noticeable after one coat!! I didn't even touch the eyelash curler. As far as drugstore mascaras go, this one has been superb for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I've had really good results with all the Volume Express mascaras but me being a contact lens wearer i opt for the waterproof versions. Some people say wearing waterproof makes tgeir eyelashes very brittle but removing my eye makeup with pure sweet almond oil helps condition my lashes to avoid this. Falsies flared really makes my lashes look fuller and longer with only two coats. I've used other expensive mascaras and this beats them by far. Falsies Flared is my HG mascara!!!!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Wore this mascara today. i love the way my lashes look after ive applied it. Gives great volume? and length. Makes my lashes luscious. doesnt flake. No complaints here.

Tried everything from very expensive brands to drug store brands and could never achieve that nice neat long full falsies effect quiet to the level that I wanted. Until this one. This is by far my favorite mascara I have ever tried for a nice full long falsies effect. It is also the only mascara thats actually allowed my lashes to stay flared for that sexy doe eyed look.

Very black.

I only use it for when I need to look absolutely fabulous though as my lashes tend to fall out unless I use the larenim mascara. Which sucks as it smudges but makes my lashes grow. And then when fabulousity is called for Maybeline Falsies flared comes out to play.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

So, a lot of the comments for this seem pretty harsh. What you need to take into consideration, is that advertising is an exaggeration of the products actual effects. This is true for most things, especially mascaras. This mascara has a really unique brush, and because of it's shape, I cut my routine into two steps. I curl my lashes and then use two coats of this, each application consisting of a swipe first with the concave side to really distribute a good amount of mascara on the lashes (as a tip, hold a mirror beneath your nose while you apply your mascara and hold the wand at the base of your lashes for a few moments before following through to the tips...this will create a really volumous base and add lift for a more wide-open eye look), followed by a few quick swipes through my lashes with the other side of the brush to smooth out any clumps and to build up the length. I think this mascara holds the curl very well, and if used properly, will certainly give you a flared out look. The blackest black will not give you particularly black lashes, and although it will give the lashes volume and drama, it doesn't quite compare to falsies. If you're looking for that extreme look, go to a Sephora and invest in a pair and a makeup artist will teach you how to apply them for free. All in all, this is a great drugstore find and I will absolutely repurchase as a cheap everyday alternative to my usual BeneFit mascara. :]

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really like this version better than the original Falsies or Falsies Black Drama. The original Falsies has the tendency to get really dry and clumpy really fast, though it isn't totally terrible. Black Drama is terrible, but that's a different review. Falsies Flared isn't too dry or clumpy or too thick and waxy, so it is kinda the Goldilocks of The Falsies line. I get good definition and a bit of that "flare" that they advertise. It isn't over the top and dramatic, but I sincerely hope that we're all smart enough to realize that NO mascara ever will get our lashes alone to look like mascara ads. If you don't go in to it with unrealistic expectations of perfect lashes that look false without using false lashes then you won't be so disappointed. This is a very good drugstore mascara, but the reviews don't reflect that at all. It's too bad, the product is definitely worth a try.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'm not one to throw away a beauty product without giving it a fair try; that said, my tube of this just hit the trash last night.

Not only does this mascara fail to deliver ANY semblance of a "false lashes" look, for some reason it always goes on really, really wet; the brush seems like it would rock if the formula was better, but as it is, I'd have to do multiple coats just to get a thicker-lashed look, and then it would clump up and look horrible.
That, and it didn't hold curl well at ALL. I was really, really disappointed and won't be buying again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is an okay product. I've tries all of the falsies mascaras and none of them give that false lash look. But they are drugstore brands and you get what you pay for. The brush for this one is different than the one for the regular falsies and falsies black drama. The formula is also thicker and dryer than the others. I tried it and overall it does okay with length and it seems to separate well. But no flare at all.

I give it 3 lippies because it's not a bad mascara but it defintley does not do what it says.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Pros:Liked the brush
its black an i LOVE black mascara!

cons;Clumped my lashes SOO bad
horrible at seperating my lashes

Popular Mascaras