April 17, 2014 | 1886 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum Express The Falsies Flared

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by onelove1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Definitely stick with the non-flared formula, for some reason the flared ends up very clumpy and lashes look fake, not in a good way

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by RazorBladeKiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this because I liked the regular falsies mascara. I have naturally curled sort of full lashes but this mascara clumps them together giving me that spiky look even if I comb them out with a lash comb. I don't notice too much length or volume. The only thing I like is that its very black and that it applies well to my bottom lashes. I would definitely not repurchase this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

I have been using the regular Falsies waterproof and really liked it, so I thought I'd try this flared version. It only adds length, but no volume to my lashes. My lashes are naturally long, so it really didn't do much, but oh my gosh, how it flakes! I've never had a mascara as flaky as this one. Within minutes, I have to wipe all of the mascara rubble from under my eyes. Not good, especially when it gets in your eye, it's very irritating. It's somehow also very hard to remove at night. Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2011 11:35:00 AM More reviews by xmakemeoverx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been interested in trying the falsies mascara for a while now. Maybe I've just been lured by the pretty magenta packaging, who knows... I've used the colossal volume express before (the one in the yellow tube) and I thought it was decent, so I thought that I might like the falsies. There were a few kinds to choose from and I decided to try the flared version because it would flatter my eyelashes the most, fanning them out, and making my eyes appear larger. Now this isn't a bad mascara by any means. I've used much, much worse. However, this mascara just didn't cut it for me. First off, I had to get used to the brush that was flexible and didn't always stay in place, like the typical mascaras out there. I usually do a motion that requires rolling up the mascara wand from the base of the lashes to the tip to give my lashes more of a curl, since they're naturally straight. This typically works with most mascaras, except for this one. I was trying to figure out what way to do it, but in the end, it didn't produce the results I wanted. No matter how many times I layered the coats, my lashes remained very natural and didn't have va-va- voom quality that I like in a mascara. I have nothing against mascaras that give you more of a natural look (I really like Maybelline full n' soft, for example), but this one barely distributed product to my lashes AND tangled them up, which made it harder to comb out and separate them. I didn't get the results I wanted after trying it a couple times, so I decided to return it. I may come back to the line and try one of the other ones (black drama or the original), but for now, I think I'm going to try other brands and see what they have to offer.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2011 11:24:00 AM More reviews by bruisepristine

makes my lashes HUGE, but it's super clumpy.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2011 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Soyabeanire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I prefer the regular falsies to this one. The tube looks very cute with the wings and convinces you it'll be awesome, but nah. This Flared mascara's wand is less messy than the regular falsies (in my experience), and I like that, but it just doesn't have the "SHAZAM!" that the original falsies does. It's great if you're going for a very light, natural look. It doesn't clump and my lashes were more separated, which is nice, but they didn't pop as much, even when I layered.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Fuuka1209

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

WATERPROOF VERSION REVIEW. Does what it says it does. It makes your lashes look lush, long and curled. However it flakes and clumps. I had to use a dry old brush to get the clumps out. Maybe this is because it is the waterproof version? Will not purchase again. I prefer Rimmel's.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by rohiam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Eh... this was just an okay product. I don't want to talk it down, since it IS a mascara and did what mascara does; made your lashes look a bit more. But it didn't do what it promised. I didn't get the flase lash look, even after almost five minutes of layering. Not one of my better investments... won't be revisiting this. I did, however, like the packaging, very nice :) The brush was too big and chunky for me, and it didn't do much for my lashes, as stated before. Do what you will, it might work better for other people...

Update: Okay, maybe it's just me, but this mascara got a lot better after a week? Now it actually IS giving me a false lash/flared look! So, scratch what I said above, it's a great mascara! Just need to give it some time! Oh, and it's amazing if you use NYC City Curls over it, looks very curled without the curler!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2011 11:59:00 PM More reviews by edgexofxdesire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I very much prefer the original falsies to this new one. I absolutely adored the first one (aside from how impossible it was to remove) but this brush just doesn't do it for me. It's far too chunky and stiff and the shape is just strange. Kind of spoon-shaped, kind of triangular. It doesn't layer well at all and one coat only makes my lashes look "okay". I won't repurchase this particular version, but I'll definitely be going back to the regular Falsies in the future.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by emilyannh

I just purchased this yesterday as my original falsies mascara ran out. I do not like this one bit. The original one wasn't the best, but it did a decent job. My eyelashes are pretty long naturally, so really I just needed something to make them dark and thicker, which it did so I had good expectations for this product. However, the flare kind clumps horribly. It gives me spider lashes after one coat and it flakes and irritates my eyes. I would not repurchase.