Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

on 11/21/2011 1:13:00 AM

Good mascara,no complaints

on 11/18/2011 11:06:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This mascara is just OK. I prefer a more natural look, but I'm open to more "dramatic" mascara for evening looks. I bought this product for just that. Not sure if it's the consistency, or the poorly designed bristles on the brush, but I had a really hard time applying this mascara. No lash separation what-so-ever. My lashes were clumpy and stuck together and felt hard and brittle. The nice, soft separated look they advertise is really no indication of what this mascara actually does. As far as the "flared" look goes...well, there was none.

on 11/13/2011 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE IT! it make yourr eyelashes sooo much longer and like awesome! Whenever i let someone use it theyre like "I loove this! can i have it!?" hahaha and its not expensive! The bad things are it sometimes clumps but barely ever and the way the brush is it sometimmes gets on your eyelid but it depends like how you put it on. like i dont twist it but when you do it doesnt get on your eyelid and i dont know why theres so many bad reviews! ITS AMAZING!

on 11/7/2011 9:49:00 PM

Amazing!!! I loveee ittt ,the only problem is that its a bit hard to get out and it clumps just a bit, but overall its a real good mascara and I would most definitely purchase it again. Your eye lashes really do look fake.

on 10/24/2011 1:00:00 PM

This mascara is awful. My lashes were clumpy and spidery. Not longer or fuller or fringed. And the brush deposits mascara on my lid. What a pain!

on 10/23/2011 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

The good:
- Cute packaging! Purple is my favorite color (am I a sucker or what?), and I love the little silver wings on the tube.
- The brush is pretty interesting. I like what Maybelline's been doing with the brushes for the Falsies line in general.
- The thick formula works well on my lashes, since they're naturally full.

The bad:
- I didn't get any results that were worth writing home about.
- This brush tended to stick my lashes together on occasion. The separation factor on this brush was not too great.

I just felt let down by The Falsies Flared. I'd been looking for a mascara that would give me dramatic results, and this one just didn't deliver. To be honest, I got fuller and longer-looking lashes from Great Lash: Lots of Lashes. While the idea of the spoon flare brush was interesting, I didn't get a lot of lift, so my lashes were long, but not very flared. Maybe this will work better for someone else, but it certainly didn't do a thing for me.

on 10/18/2011 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I tried this after falling in love with the regular "Falsies". I wasn't quite sure how it was supposed to flare my lashes out, but it was worth a shot.

It is awful. Like really, really awful.

I have naturally long and relatively thick eyelashes. But I'm always looking for something to make them bigger and better.
The brush is different, but every mascara has a different brush now, I can deal with that. It was fine.
The formula is off though. It makes my lashes clump together. Major spider lashes, even with combing. Oh and combing it also breaks off huge chunks of it leaving your lashes short again.
Its also crazy dry and flaky. Black specks all on my cheeks.
It feels heavy and "crispy". The regular falsies I could do up to 3 coats and could run my finger across my lashes and they'd feel soft and flexible. This, after just one coat, makes them brittle.
One last and maybe most important point...it irritates my eyes. The lids and waterlines feel itchy.

I don't ever take makeup back because I like to give it a chance. Not just a once or twice deal. I sometimes like mascaras better after they've been open for a coupla weeks.

No dice with this one. Bad through and through.

this mascara worked for me, I am shocked that I am the only one. It didnt clump of flake off on me, and it really flared out my lashes. Any time I use a non waterproof (no matter what brand) I have to recurl my lashes once they are dry, and this is no different. But I really like the way it makes my lashes look. I would def repurchase.

on 10/17/2011 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This mascara did not deliver on the flare factor at all. I felt that the consistency was gloopy and somehow... once my lashes dried, they appeared uneven in length with odd gaps in between. Perhaps I didn't have the right application technique? Nonetheless, I do not recommend this mascara.

I HATE this product i bought it to try something new and it was the worst thing to do. It flakes off your eyes and makes your eyes hurt very bad. I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone.