Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

3.2

on 10/16/2011 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I like this mascara a lot. It doesn't clump on me and separates my eyelashes while giving them volume. I like the flared look it gives me, I can definitely see how the lashes go to the side, but it's not as dramatic as I hoped it'd be. But I love it, and I use it everyday.

this is my everyday mascara.... i love how it FLARES my eyelashes, but you really have to apply it "right". i feel like it keeps more of a curve than the regular falsies. i'm on my 3rd one.. i havent decided if i'm going to buy a 4th when this runs out or try another mascara, its my favorite by far

on 10/15/2011 5:22:00 PM

I bought this mascara after having a great experience using Maybelline's "Colossal" mascara, but I was left underwhelmed with their "Falsies Flared". It darkens and lengthens my lashes just a tad bit, but it adds little to no volume and definitely cannot hold curl like it promises without the aid of an eyelash curler.

There are better drugstore mascaras you could buy for the same price, I wouldn't recommend choosing this one!

on 10/13/2011 9:59:00 PM

for some reason i don't really like this one as much as the regular falsies !
just seems way more wet too me, and i don't like the brush at all. also takes a while for my lashes too dry.

on 10/13/2011 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have only recently been trying out mascaras and really noticing what they do for me. I decided to try this for a change recently and was quite impressed.

I've mentioned before (and I'll say this again) I naturally have lashes that are quite thick and healthy so my demands from a mascara aren't really all too crazy.

I did find that this gave some extra length to my lashes and made them feel more dramatic. Nonetheless, this may be too dramatic for some people's taste.

I may consider re-purchasing this somewhere along the line but I think I would also like to try out some more mascaras along the way.

on 10/13/2011 11:47:00 AM

I have naturally long lashes but length and volume is always nice so I stick with The Falsies! But, I sent my friend to the store to buy me regular Falsies but she accidently got it in Flared.
I thought about getting it before but I read so many poor reviews that I decided not to.
But since I had it I might as well try it right?
THIS IS AWFUL.
It was clumpy and dry.
The wand is a pain in the butt to use. I actually had to return it after two days of using it!
It was constantly falling in my eyes, like at the end of the day I would honestly have black chunks of mascara, floating, In my eyes.
I would give it an A+ for length! Because it makes them long but they look disgusting.
I do NOT reccomend getting this product at all.

on 10/10/2011 7:17:00 PM

I've never said this about a mascara before, but this stuff is HORRIBLE! It does separate, but it doesn't lengthen or add volume any more than any other mascara. It does have something in it that makes the ends curl up, but the REAL PROBLEM is that not all my lashes curled up, some of the tips curled in. So they were separated alright, but they looked like split ends on hair with some pointing one direction and some another. Never seen anything like it. I had it on one eye and another mascara on the other (both eyes had been curled prior to mascara) and I let it dry about an hour and then asked a few other people for their opinions and they all said the Falsies eye look bad. Some of the words they used were spidery with weird flaky ends.

Taking it off was a nightmare too. I generally wear waterproof mascara, so I think I know how to remove tough mascara properly without loosing eye lashes. I would say this was one of the hardest to remove I've seen but even worse, it came off in small flaky chunks that ended up all over my cheeks. After removing what I could, I washed my face as usual and had a heck of a time getting all those little specks off, there were even a few floating around by morning still. Never seen anything like that before.

I wasn't really impressed with this mascara at all. It was kind of dried out already when I just opened it and it pales in comparison to the original falsies. The brush is way to uncontrollable and bendy. I was a little unhappy with the outcome.

on 10/9/2011 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I bought this just to try it out. I got the waterproof and use it for layering, to help my lashes stay curled. I think it works decently. It's not my favorite but one I have bought again. When wearing alone, I don't think it gave my lashes a false lash effect, it was pretty natural looking. I personally like more dramatic lashes all the time, so I layer over this with other mascaras. I do think it works well for layering. It doesn't make my lashes crispy. The formula isn't as wet as the other falsies mascaras, I like that.

on 10/9/2011 3:32:00 AM

I was so disappointed in this product! :(

It was super clumpy, flaked and didn't make my eyelashes look more full at all! How disappointing!!!!!