September 21, 2014 | 1983 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2011 3:32:00 AM More reviews by dhewey86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I was so disappointed in this product! :(

It was super clumpy, flaked and didn't make my eyelashes look more full at all! How disappointing!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2011 2:28:00 AM More reviews by LegallyBrunettes881

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really didn't think this product was worth it....it really just kind of felt and gave the same results as all of the other maybelline mascaras. I don't know why i bought this hahaha because i have naturally flared lashes! BEAUTY TIP: USE VASILINE EVERY NIGHT ON YOUR LASHES FOR AMAZING AND FABULOUS RESULTS! CAUTION: IT BURNS WHEN YOU GET IT IN YOUR EYES, BE CAREFUL!
cheers, legallybrunettes881j

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 1:39:00 AM More reviews by amyers2

I really, really did not like this product.
- - -
Pros - very black, very pigmented. Lashes are noticeably darker and dramatic. The spoon shape of the brush is great for reaching lots of lashes at once.
- - -
Cons - CLUMPS. FLAKY. spider lashes. The spoon shape of the brush also makes it awkward for trying to reach inner and outer lashes.
- - -
Over all - I liked the original Falsies, but this is just awful. Yes, your lashes will be really dramatic, but you will need a lash comb after using this mascara. I've never had a problem with lashes clumping and with this mascara it would take sections of lashes and pretty much glue them together. Also, at the end of the day I noticed mascara had flaked under my eyes. There are other comparably priced mascaras on the market that do a better job.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by pictureperfect09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was hoping to like this, and at first I did, until I compared it to my other mascaras. It clumps too much and is hard to build up. After using my Lancome Hypnose again I noticed how dry and flaky this mascara gets. I much prefer Lashblast volume for the same effect and price.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by ajwhite1003

I bought this mascara a few weeks ago, and I have to say I am completely in love with it. I used the same type of mascara for years and on a whim decided to purchase The Falsies Flared. It's cheap enough I figured why not. I love the brush because it really does flare your lashes. It makes them look long and gives them volume while not being clumpy or super fake looking. It doesn't make me look like I'm wearing false eyelashes, but I didn't really expect it to. The formula of the regular smells faintly of rosewater which I love. I swear by this mascara now because it's perfect for everyday or for special occasions.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by scareyj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm not too impressed with this product. I like the original falsies alot more. This seemed to stay wet on my lashes and I didn't notice any kind of flared look to them either. I will not repurchase this particular falsies again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by WarmSocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Meh. I don't get the "false lash effect" with this. In fact, my lashes seem more natural with this mascara.
I have the waterproof version.
It separates my lashes nicely and it does flare them out, like the name implies.

It's not bad, but I won't repurchase because I love dramatic lashes.

Edit: Ok, this stuff flakes like crazy if I wear it for more than 3 hours, pretty awful. I threw it out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 6:30:00 PM More reviews by piinkcheeks27

Used this for the first time today, and just had to review it! This one is way better than the original falsies because it gives my lashes such length and volume! no clumps here! Mine is the waterproof version so I dont know if I can say the same for the regular formula! It didnt weight my lashes in any form and I love how they are looking. So far, this one and my Maybelline Collosal is my favooorite & HG :)))

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 6:18:00 AM More reviews by cia_agent86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First time I used this I used the wrong 'side' of the brush. I ended up with massive gooey clumps. Then I used the 'right' side of the brush (it's a curved brush), and I got clumpy lashes again! I think I'll be sticking to my full'n'soft mascara, this stuff flakes AND clumps!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2011 6:26:00 AM More reviews by rannick

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mascara is a nightmare, not only does it flake, but it clumps lashes. If you want to use up the supply make sure you do a second coat of Covergirl volume
express over the falsies it works very well.