Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

3.2

on 11/7/2011 9:49:00 PM

Amazing!!! I loveee ittt ,the only problem is that its a bit hard to get out and it clumps just a bit, but overall its a real good mascara and I would most definitely purchase it again. Your eye lashes really do look fake.

on 10/24/2011 1:00:00 PM

This mascara is awful. My lashes were clumpy and spidery. Not longer or fuller or fringed. And the brush deposits mascara on my lid. What a pain!

on 10/23/2011 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

The good:
- Cute packaging! Purple is my favorite color (am I a sucker or what?), and I love the little silver wings on the tube.
- The brush is pretty interesting. I like what Maybelline's been doing with the brushes for the Falsies line in general.
- The thick formula works well on my lashes, since they're naturally full.

The bad:
- I didn't get any results that were worth writing home about.
- This brush tended to stick my lashes together on occasion. The separation factor on this brush was not too great.

I just felt let down by The Falsies Flared. I'd been looking for a mascara that would give me dramatic results, and this one just didn't deliver. To be honest, I got fuller and longer-looking lashes from Great Lash: Lots of Lashes. While the idea of the spoon flare brush was interesting, I didn't get a lot of lift, so my lashes were long, but not very flared. Maybe this will work better for someone else, but it certainly didn't do a thing for me.

on 10/18/2011 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I tried this after falling in love with the regular "Falsies". I wasn't quite sure how it was supposed to flare my lashes out, but it was worth a shot.

It is awful. Like really, really awful.

I have naturally long and relatively thick eyelashes. But I'm always looking for something to make them bigger and better.
The brush is different, but every mascara has a different brush now, I can deal with that. It was fine.
The formula is off though. It makes my lashes clump together. Major spider lashes, even with combing. Oh and combing it also breaks off huge chunks of it leaving your lashes short again.
Its also crazy dry and flaky. Black specks all on my cheeks.
It feels heavy and "crispy". The regular falsies I could do up to 3 coats and could run my finger across my lashes and they'd feel soft and flexible. This, after just one coat, makes them brittle.
One last and maybe most important point...it irritates my eyes. The lids and waterlines feel itchy.

I don't ever take makeup back because I like to give it a chance. Not just a once or twice deal. I sometimes like mascaras better after they've been open for a coupla weeks.

No dice with this one. Bad through and through.

this mascara worked for me, I am shocked that I am the only one. It didnt clump of flake off on me, and it really flared out my lashes. Any time I use a non waterproof (no matter what brand) I have to recurl my lashes once they are dry, and this is no different. But I really like the way it makes my lashes look. I would def repurchase.

on 10/17/2011 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This mascara did not deliver on the flare factor at all. I felt that the consistency was gloopy and somehow... once my lashes dried, they appeared uneven in length with odd gaps in between. Perhaps I didn't have the right application technique? Nonetheless, I do not recommend this mascara.

I HATE this product i bought it to try something new and it was the worst thing to do. It flakes off your eyes and makes your eyes hurt very bad. I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone.

This mascara is horrid. I've always hear about spider leg lashes but I've never actually seen anyone in real life have those type of lashes except for Tammie Faye Baker....but I'm talking about real life here. Well I did on wednesday morning at around 5:30 am. I saw this lady with the most fugded up lashes ever!...and she was staring right at me...in the mirror.

on 10/16/2011 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I like this mascara a lot. It doesn't clump on me and separates my eyelashes while giving them volume. I like the flared look it gives me, I can definitely see how the lashes go to the side, but it's not as dramatic as I hoped it'd be. But I love it, and I use it everyday.

this is my everyday mascara.... i love how it FLARES my eyelashes, but you really have to apply it "right". i feel like it keeps more of a curve than the regular falsies. i'm on my 3rd one.. i havent decided if i'm going to buy a 4th when this runs out or try another mascara, its my favorite by far

Popular Mascaras