Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

3.4

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%).Inactive Ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium C14-C16 Olefin 1 Sorbitol, Water, Xanthan Gum.

on 7/23/2008 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This product definitely reduces the shine. I used to use the Proactiv system, which increased the oiliness of my skin. However, after using Aveeno, I feel like the problem is under control. For those with oily skin, I suggest giving this product a try. Unlike previous cleansers that I've used, this one doesn't leave a residue afterwards. My face feels absolutely clean. I noticed the lack of dirt on the cotton pad after toning. 1-2 pumps is sufficient enough to cleanse the face. I use this at least twice a day and the bottle lasts me at least three months. If you're looking for a product that cleans well, then I recommend giving this a try.

on 7/15/2008 3:36:00 PM

I used this for about a year, thinking boy, this is great! But I did notice it left my skin a little dry, yet didnt remove all traces of makeup, but it didnt make me break out and I do really like aveeno, I've switched to the Clear Complexion Cream Cleanser and I'm finding it works a lot better..Overall since I've used Aveeno brand cleansers my skin has improved a lot, its soft as silk and pimples barely show their wrath on my face! I reccommend this brand, just not this particular product

This cleanser just didn't work out for me. It didn't improve breakouts at all, and I felt like it wasn't getting my makeup off either, and I don't use long lasting makeup. I tried using this up in the shower and actually think it was starting to break out the skin on my chest and back a little. Left my skin feeling oilier than usual during the day. Not something I will buy again.

on 7/8/2008 10:25:00 AM

so the foam is like water when you clean your face it feels like you didnt do much it didnt dry it or i guess helpit but after using it for 5 months i saw my skin tone better and my face felt dry smooth i wont buy it again because it didnt really clean my face it just made it a lil better and for 7 bucks id rather buy something else

My bottle leaked . Overall i think this is a good product for blemish-skin only. It worked for me, but it didn't rid of my acne

on 6/21/2008 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This wash is really light, but it gets the job done, and I love the foaming action. It also seems to hydrate the skin without making it greasy. Wonderful product!

on 6/20/2008 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

the only thing i like about this cleanser is that it is easy to wash off. it doesn't really do anything for my skin except cleanse it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using this cleanser for about 6 months now. I am on my second bottle because the pump on the first one broke. I only use this cleanser at night and afterwards I use the lotion from this line. It has worked better than most drugstore cleansers that I have purchased in the past, but it is still not capable of ridding all of my acne.

on 6/6/2008 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried the Aveeno Clear Complexion line after reading reviews for it in magazines. Unfortunately, the only thing that this product has going for it is the price. I did find it better than most drugstore brands, but not by too much. This cleanser, at times, was a bit too drying. Although I liked that it gave my oily face a proper cleanse, I didn't like the dry, tight feeling I got afterwards.

on 6/2/2008 1:40:00 PM

I have oily, breakout prone skin.

This cleanser is great for getting rid of makeup at the end of the day, but it can be drying. I use it twice a day and have found that, with a salicylic acid cream, it's cleared up most of my breakout areas.

However, because it is a little harsh, I've had to start using a calming night cream to counter act some of the redness. It's a fair trade off for me, since it's the first cleanser that's even remotely gentle that's been able to control my breakouts.