October 1, 2014 | 1461 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by risababy

It's a nice foundation, but it just wasn't for me. Maybe it will be for you.
It's very light in texture, not greasy at all, and smells great, like a soft fruity scent. I also noticed that made my skin softer when I washed it off at night. It has never made me break out and dries down to a slightly matte yet dewy finish at around my t-zone. I wear it in #51. The packaging is excellent as well - a pump with a cap so it's hygenic but you can easily unscrew it if you need to. The slim bottle is a really nice fit in my makeup bag.
But my small problem, despite all these awesome qualities, is the coverage. (Or rather, lackthereof.) I would call this a small step up from a tinted moisturizer. A little bit more coverage than that, but otherwise, you will need something thicker if you wish to cover a pimple or some dark circles. I want something multitasking to save time, which I found in Laura Mercier's silk creme. Because I bought it and there's still lots left, I just wear this when I want to look a bit more fresh than without makeup. I usually put on 2-3 layers (depending on how bad my skin is) to feel like it made a difference.
That being said, the bottle does last a long time! I paid around $29 CAD for it at Shopper's Drug Mart, which isn't terrible because Bourjois is a great higher-end drugstore brand. I rated this a 3, but if I consider it to be a 3.5. I want something with a lil more coverage. If you don't and just want something to even out your skintone a little bit, try this!
UPDATE: changed from 3 lippies to 5. Here's why: I realized now, after finishing my first bottle, how this foundation fits in with my life. Now that my skin has calmed down somewhat (thanks to La Roche-Posay's Toleriane Ultra), I don't feel the need for a full coverage foundation for everyday. So I turned to this when I just want to look fresh and bright. It is very much "your skin but better". I mentioned all of its wonderful traits, so I won't go into that again...but case and point = I officially FINISHED (and I mean like getting a Q-tip to scrape out every last bit) my first bottle...and will be re-purchasing a new one today.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by celkin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

EDIT: June 2013 Great finish and lasting power but breaks me out on my jawline within 24hrs of wearing. :(
I am re-writing this review. I apply this with a flat foundation brush and use primer when if I forget primer the foundation still lasts 5-6 hours without need of touch ups. I love the finish of this foundation, it is slightly dewy but not overly and the feel on the skin is of the same standard as Chantecaille (another French brand) at a quarter of the price. As mentioned above this is so lovely but it breaks me out straight away. So disappointed, I'm not sure what's in the ingredient list that my skin hates but I get deep cyctic acne when I use it (or any Bourjois foundation I have recently found).

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by jorates

This is good stuff. I am pretty yellow toned NC25 with slightly oily skin. Foundation is light, does not transfer a lot even without powder, looks natural (light to medium coverage), doesn't settle into lines. Really appears to be your own skin and lasts well with a velvety touch. I got it in 52 and it fits me during fall and winter when going below NC25. The best foundation under the high end prices - although comparable in quality to the best ones.
Edit: I am taking one lippie off because: 1)(mainly) the horrid GREY cast (seriously, who on earth is grey?); 2) it turned out to have little lasting power (w/o powder), although it disappears evenly.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by schixzotic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a fantastic foundation. It's not my HG - that's still my Kanebo Lunasol foundation after all these years - but this is still a really good foundation nonetheless. It is not as lightweight as the Kanebo foundation, but it does not sit heavily on your skin. It lives up to its "serum" claims as my skin looks healthier after I removed the foundation, a feat which had not been achieved by any other brand but Kanebo thus far. It's dirt cheap and smells really pleasant too. Does not cake during the day, but must be finished with a loose powder as it does not "dry" out. I feel that it looks too shiny for the supposedly dewy look that is in these days, so loose powder is a must.

Will definitely buy again. I am rotating this with the Kanebo foundation for cost reasons - my Kanebo foundation costs $85 presently and I find it a little difficult to afford! I have been asked if it's similar to Chanel's Vitalumiere foundation - the honest answer is that I do not like Chanel foundations and have not tried the Vitalumiere foundation, so if I did compare this foundation to a Chanel foundation, it would not be getting 5 stars from me!

Coverage wise - I think Bourjois classifies this as a Light Coverage foundation, though I don't really see why. It has a thick enough consistency to cover the minor red marks that I have flawlessly. I would classify it as Medium Coverage.

For matching purposes - I am an NC25 and I match Vanille (52). I can use Beige Clair (53) if I want a tanned look.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2012 9:33:00 AM More reviews by Anatidaephobia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Outside of the slightly too light color I chose, my bigger problem is that this foundation seems to really settle into my flakes. My skin is dry/combo. My cheeks, the area around my mouth and the bit right between my brows are all dry, and my nose and the rest of my forehead are pretty normal. I don't tend to need any coverage on my nose and forehead, so my foundation application is really centered on my drier parts. I have some flakes (particularly in the winter, and particularly right around my mouth) but not a lot. I exfoliate regularly to prevent that. In order to apply this foundation in a way that didn't emphasize any flakes, I applied it with a damp beautyblender. I thought that solved the problem, but then in the middle of the day I noticed I was suddenly flaky.

On the plus side, in the four or so hours between application and sudden flakiness, the finish was really natural. It looked like skin. I really wish this had worked for me. Oh well.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by myroom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A wonderful foundation. Coverage is light to medium, applies easily, doesn't cake, doesn't oxidise and gives you a healthy and rested look. If you stay at home and would like to still look good but not made-up, this is the foundation to use. It has a nice low key sheen that makes it look like you have good and well moisturised skin. It covers my dark circles quite adequately as well but doesn't get rid of it. The packaging is wonderful, doesn't break cos it comes in plastic bottle which dispenses well. I wish it as a longer staying power tho, on my Combi skin, it needs touch up after about four hrs. But the finish is so good that even with a touch up layer, it doesn't look thick. Overall, I strongly recommend anyone to buy this. I am a MAC NC35 and I go for shade 52 Vaniila, which may appear too light, but if you just apply it to the centre of your face and blend it well to the side of the cheeks and jaw, it creates a natural highlight on the centre of the face, with the darker (no foundation) jaw as a natural contour .

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by ChloeYoung

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

a very good sheer foundation for dry skins. smells great, fruity and not artificial. the color is pretty, not too yellowish nor pinkish. I use shade 51, which is suitable for fair to light skintones.
on the down side, the staying power is poor, 4 hours and I can see the smudge. Only recommend to those with very dry skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I do not like this foundation because of it's low LOW staying power. I bought it because of good MUA reviews. And because it looks pretty and the name appealed me. Serum. Yummy. Bourjois is a bit pricey compared to Max Factor, Maybelline or L'oreal, which is why I always have huge expectations for them.

I've bought shade 53. It doesn't match me as good as I would like it too. The staying power is lame on oily skin, and the coverage could be better. Guess I should have gone with HM, but the bottle looked cheap compared to this one :P. Now that they changed the bottle, I may try it :D! Apropos, this is the EDIT part: I've bought 123 PF since there is no 51 in HM and I must say I'm impressed! It's perfect for my skin. At least for the last four hours I've been wearing it. Really recommend to those who lost faith in finding a foundation with good staying power on very oily, sensitive skin with acne scaring and dry parts. Just set it with Sexy Mama heavy handed. It worked for me. Edit ended.

Pros:
didn't clog pores
Nice finish - I look almost flawless (I do have acne scars, larger pores and acne-prone skin)
Skin feels nourished and nice
dewy
light

Cons:
Staying power - after 5 hours it disappears!!! And I just did sedentary job - listening to lectures.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2012 6:16:00 AM More reviews by Strikingreality

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation has a very light texture and gives a somewhat cooling feel when applied. It wears well through the day and while it doesn't last 16 hours, it does last through a full working day. Medium coverage and I still need my regular undereye concealor. It's been my go-to foundation alternating with my now discontinued Clinique Superfit which I use for days when I need more coverage. Love the packaging - the pump for dispensing just the right amount, the glass bottle so that I can see how much I have, the screw top which I can remove to take out whatever what is remaining. :) Will buy it again at the moment (until I find something else which I like more). I am NC20-25 and 52 fits me well.

Edit - May 2014 - I bought Healthy Mix Radiance Reveal, and decided I definitely love this way more. :) HM Radiance Reveal is not as lasting and oxidised on me. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by LazyDresser

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in shade 52, and am pretty happy with it. The foundation promises to be long lasting (16h), easily blendable and anti-fatigue. It doesn't last 16 hours, but is perfectly good for 8. It disappears into skin leaving a lovely, smooth finish and it picks up a tired complexion. Added bonus - does not turn orange or go shiny around the t-zone. Coverage is light - more of a complexion perfector or light foundation, but I'm impressed. Will definitely repurchase. Already better value than some high-end. Bravo, Bourjois.