December 19, 2014 | 821 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

REFORMULATED. Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=153868/ColorStay-Makeup-%2824-hour-formula---2012/2013%29/Revlon/Liquid

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by t2oll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm on my second bottle and I would say that this is the BEST drugstore foundation!!
Great coverage, reeeeeeally lasts on skin!! I live in a very hot city and all my other foundations melt throughout the day but this one.
I'm NW 25 and got shade 180 for dry skin. 150 is good but as I'm a bit tanned on my body, I like 180 better.

It's a bit hard to blend, I think. At least the dry formula is. Takes me a little longer to apply. I use my fingers or sometimes a dump sponge.

I recently got the superstay powder and really like the combo. they work good together.
anyways, if you are thinking about buying this, I think is totally worth to give it a shot.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Jenhaas504

This is my go to foundation, every now and then I veer off and try something else and always come back to this one. It's staying power is something serious!!! This stuff isn't going anywhere! I love that! The bottle kinda stinks, feels a little unhygienic to have to put my finger on the top to get some out. It's cheap an it just honestly works. I have worn everything from estee lauder double wear to MAC to bare escentuals to Napoleon Perdis and I always one back to the revlon colorstay!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by samisnowwhite

This is a great foundation I have the one for normal / dry skin in shade 150 Buff it's so light but has really high coverage and is also a very build able foundation. It really feels like your not even wearing anything on your face when wearing this! the only 2 things I hate about this is the bottle. there's no pump and its glass so you can't lightly squeeze it to get some out either. You have to pour. I find with this sort of packaging I always use more product and its true i finished this foundation a lot quicker than I do with my others. I also think its a little over priced for drug store , but I will defo buy again because it is a very good quality foundation .

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2013 7:41:00 AM More reviews by mmmmmoostache

This product is great for those who have combination to oily skin, i however do not so this product was not for me. Because I have dry to normal skin the foundation looked amazing on some areas on my face but clinged to other dryer areas of my face. It also takes some time to learn how to apply this foundation as it can easily look cakey but if you have combination to oily skin then i really recommend this foundation but if not, STAY AWAY :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by nofear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had been using MUFE HD for about 2 years thinking that was the best a foundation could get. Thought it was my HG. I thought since it was high end it was the best. Decided to try Revlon Colorstay to use on my legs as it was cheaper. Decided to use it on my face. This works waay better than MUFE HD for me. Using MUFE i would get oily fast and the color match was a little off but I'd correct that with MAC MSF. With Colorstay my face stay pretty matte for the most part. My face no longer gets oily. Definitely long lasting. The color match is also better than MUFE. LOVE this foundation. Makes me realize drugstore products can be better than high end.

Good for oily skin girls in the oily formula.

Persons here are saying it is expensive for a drugstore foundation. But it works better than MUFE which is $42.

Reference: MUFE HD-173, Colorstay- Caramel

Only con is i wish it had a pump. It sucks having to turn the bottle upside down and shake it especially when it is running out. 1 star off for packaging. The bottle is glass and I've dropped it about 2 times but it hasn't broken, Pretty sturdy glass. Still wish it was plastic though. But it doesn't bother me that much.

It has a smell but it doesn't bother me. I actually kind of like it. And it fades so its not that big a deal

A little bit gives a lot of coverage. I have a lot of acne spots. And a little bit covers most of them. I use less concealer. If you use too much it looks mask like and cakey as with most foundations.

I usually NEVER leave reviews. This is my 1st review ever. That's how great I think it is. New HG foundation.

UPDATE: Now that summer is over. this foundation is too dark and red. i have to mix it with 370 toast to get a match which is a hassle especially since there is no pump. shade range is too limited. minus 1 star.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by foreverwondering

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have had a bit of a problem with foundations because although I have quite red, blemished skin with only an oily T-zone, foundation only lasts a couple of hours on me. This got good reviews, so I decided to try it.

PROS:
- The skin tone 'Buff' suits my face and gives me a nice fair look if you like having light skin
- With pressed powder it gives a nice, sort of powdery finish but still looks natural.
- Doesn't break me out.
- With any cheap foundation brush the texture looks quite good. (I advise a more expensive stippling or face expert brush though)

CONS:
- If you need quite a bit of coverage, you always have to apply it down your neck so it doesn't look uneven and it gets all over your top/shirt collar.
- Although everyone says this really long lasting, on me it only lasts around 4 hours despite the fact my face is only slightly combination.
- If you apply it with a sponge or your fingers it looks really cakey, smeared and obvious.
- It was pretty pricey for a drugstore foundation, it was almost £14 from Boots, but still not really a con.
- This is quite rare but sometimes if you have some blackheads or spots they can show through after a couple of hours.
- The packaging is awful! They don't have a pump or anything, so you have to leak some onto your hands and you end up pouring too much out.
- It sometimes can feel quite uncomfortable

Overall this foundation is actually not that bad despite the amount of cons. I might repurchase it every now and then if I had no other option I would choose it, but since I never repurchase the same foundation I won't be buying it again.
My opinion is only suited for me or people with similar skin, so I advise you try a sample instead of judging everyone else's views.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 4:00:00 AM More reviews by UniJ

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of the best foundation I've ever came across! I've heard many good things about this one so I decided to give it a try. It stays on my face really well and does considered moisturising (does not dry out face), although obviously it does not last for full 24 hrs, oil starts coming out of my face after eight to nine hours of use. I like how there are many shades from us to choose from, and my shade is Buff, so you can imagine how light my skin tone is. Sometimes it can be hard for me to find the right shade from other brands they tend to give me a yellow-y finish. Once I found this right one I don't think I'll be going back to the other brands although it is a little pricey here, at least for teenagers.

Coverage is pretty high, but I still do recommend people to use a concealer with this. I guess the level of coverage can be controlled over the type of applicators you use. I normally use a stippling brush which gives an airbrushed finish with high coverage, and sometimes a simple makeup sponge if I want a sheer coverage and natural finish. (It gives a MATTE finish too!)

Bottle has a very standard look, not too small or big, just the right size. It's made of glass, some people may not like it since it's not ideal for travelling, but I like the classy not-so-cheap-looking look, so this is pretty perfect for me. The newer version came with a pump which makes things a whole lot easier, you can simply pump out the amount you use (Usually one pump is more than enough). However, the pump is made of cheap plastic, so don't expect it to work perfectly well, sometimes you have to give a little twist in order for the product to flow out! I've got a problem with it once, the foundation spilled everywhere on my clothes and bed sheets, but luckily the stains can be removed easily once its put into the washing machine!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by Eelmer

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used this foundation for years until my skin changed because of menopause. I tried Merle Norman, Lancôme, Este Lauder, Smashbox, Bare Minerals, studio gear, well let's just say all of them. Lol. I always come back to this one. Does not sink into large pores, color match great, not too heavy. I have combination skin now and this works perfectly to cut grease at the end of the work day. I have spent a lot of $ on foundations trying to find a better product when I did not have to. I will not waste my money anymore and will only buy Colorstay from now on! Thanks Revlon! Great product at an affordable price that for me is superior to all!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by HairWaves

This product is great and affordable. Covers well, and does not make my oily skin shiny. It does not feel heavy and really does last throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by kimberlyraff

This has been my go to foundation for years now, until I found Laura Mercier's silk creme foundation. I love this foundation so much because it's affordable, easy to apply and lasts the whole day on my oily skin. The smell is a little paint like, but bearable and the coverage is fantastic. It covers all my little pimples, blackheads and dark circles surprisingly. If you're someone who's just starting out with foundations and need one that you can count on, I definitely suggest the ColorStay.