Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

I love this foundation! It's light yet has great coverage and I use it so much. I have normal skin so it keeps my face matte without having to put on a powder, which I love, though people with oily skin may find they still need a powder. It even lasts all day, I love it! And the best part was that I bought it from my chemist when it was $30 off! It was $5 and I just grabbed it off the shelf! I am really pleased with this product.

on 6/26/2013 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm in the minority here, I'm not a fan of this foundation. It looks so mask like, breaks me out, and Is wayyyy too matte. I have dry skin that can get oily since I live in a humid climate, but I still do not enjoy matte make ups on my face. This is no exception, it settles into fine lines, and if I have an active pimple, it cakes up on top of it and makes it way more obvious. Will not repurchase.

on 6/25/2013 11:18:00 PM

I absolutely love this stuff! I am very fair and have a big problem with dry acne and dark spots. So I am always on the lookout for foundations that are both a good coverage AND don't turn me into an oompa loompa! This is definitely the best I have found! Definitely recommend this foundation. The only thing I dislike ( a very small problem) is the packaging. I wish it had come with a pump of some sort, because it is a very messy product to use. I always either get too much or too little on the back of my hand! Otherwise love this product and use it whenever I feel I need some coverage.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

The Revlon ColorStay Liquid Foundation for Combination/Oily Skin product is AMAZING. I have never been able to find a liquid foundation or BB Cream that didn't leave my skin feeling oily after several hours of application. If I apply too much around my nose, it will become oily quickly so I usually have to be pretty accurate when applying this foundation. The packaging isn't necessarily efficient, I have to shove my fingers inside of the bottle and have to scrape the product out. I usually wash my face with the Morning Burst Oil-Free Shine Control Facial Cleanser by Clean and Clear, apply Revlon ColorStay Liquid Foundation for Oily/Combination Skin, and slightly powder my face with the Bare Minerals Original Foundation. I usually never become TOO oily throughout the day, this product works wonderfully although I would appreciate it if application efficiency was easier and if it's possible to bring the price of this product down a little?

on 6/24/2013 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

so bad. looks cakey, feels cakey, doesnt go on smooth at all, bad at hiding imperfections.

on 6/21/2013 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have tried many drugstore foundations, but being very pale all of them looked orange on me, and I had that dreadful "my face is an entirely different color from my neck" look going on. I picked up Colorstay in the palest shade (Ivory) and it's the closest color match I've ever achieved. When I put it on, it's almost exactly my skin tone; at the end of the day it's a little darker but not cringing-level noticeable. I have EXTREMELY flaky skin, and I can't say this is particularly moisturizing--however, I've found that it doesn't make dry patches any more noticeable than every other foundation. Coverage is great. I have an abysmally red nose (my nickname throughout middle school was Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer) and Colorstay evens it out perfectly. You do have to apply carefully though, because the thick consistency can leave you looking cakey up close. I've never had a breakout while using this, and I don't care about the smell. The packaging is really the most flagrant con. All in all, a very good foundation if you have a pale shade and you can't afford MAC.

on 6/21/2013 8:28:00 PM

My favourite foundation! I have used so many foundations high end and low, but keep coming back to this. It is a reliable foundation that I trust to keep me shine free through a whole work day. I have used this foundation for over 12 hours a day, with minimal shine and I have used this for years!

My skin is about a NC 25 in Mac and I use the colour 240 Medium beige in the combination/oily 24 hrs formula and the colour 200 Nude in the dry/normal 24hrs formula. Both are perfect colour matches for my skin. I do love both formulas, but feel the oily combination feels thicker on my skin. I have noticed the dry formula makes my skin look more dry than the oily, which is strange.

Both are excellent foundations for my skin type and I will keep using. The only thing I don't like about these foundations, is I don't think they are non-comedogenic as it doesn't say this on the bottle or the revlon website in the description for the foundation.

Overall this is an excellent foundation and I will continue to buy, this would be my HG foundation if only it were non-comedogenic! Btw this comes with a pump dispenser now, finally:)

on 6/20/2013 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I like this foundation for giving nice, medium coverage. In addition it doesn't seem to settle into fine lines. I bought the formula for dry skin. I have to work with it a bit to prevent it from looking cakey, but that could be due to the fact that I'm using a stipple brush which is something I've never used before. If I buff enough, I get a nice airbrushed look. The one thing I don't like about it is it doesn't let your skin breathe. It's an odd feeling which I've never experienced with any other foundation. (I haven't used that many.) Overall, I recommend it.

on 6/20/2013 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff is a staple in my makeup routine. I've bought it countless times. I buy the lightest shade and it blends perfectly with my skin color. It stays in place all day and it doesn't cause breakouts or clog pores. I've tried a lot of foundations, including Clinique's version of long-wear foundation, and this tops them all. I highly recommend it for those who struggle with oily skin.

on 6/19/2013 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have oily, acne prone, sensitive skin. And this makes my face really itchy and got runny nose when using it and also make my eyes teary. And it's really expensive! -____________-