July 24, 2014 | 1783 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2013 8:50:00 AM More reviews by arione

I decided to try this foundation after MAC's studio fix fluid in NW15 suddenly became too dark on me (I think they changed the formula). After reading reviews on how pale revlon is I decided to try it even though I had read some reviews that the foundation felt heavy. However, I think this foundation is brilliant! No where near as heavy as studio fix, it's a better colour match for my fair skin, doesn't make me break out and provides excellent but natural looking coverage. All for half the price of MAC studio fix. I am officially converted. Also for all fair skinned people, I have tried everything from mac to bobbi brown looking for the right shade and finish, and this is definitely one of the best.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2013 3:32:00 AM More reviews by eatmyshort

LOL. I was laughing so hard at the previous review about this makeup making it thru sand storms, blow torches. I want to add a few more like hurricane, tornado, and tsunami. should you wash ashore, your makeup will be intact ready for news reporters. This makeup is very thick. I don't feel comfortable with it either. I feel like I am a different person. Perhaps the mask the Phantom of the opera wears. You got to give this makeup credit for lasting so long. I look hideous with it on. Dry, pruney, sticky, unspreadable. You got to be quick or you'll stuck looking like you just had a mud fight. I don't like it for myself but I am glad it worked out for others.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2013 2:28:00 AM More reviews by wooedwiththistles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

you know that gross feeling you get when you wear that thick halloween makeup? yeah thats what i get when i wear this. I'm not sure why this is so popular. but i feel like I'm wearing a mask or something, and for me i cant stand that. then it wasn't the right color. lightest shade was much too dark for me. and this sets like no other, I'm one of those girls that likes to take her time to really blend the foundation in, you cant do that with this oh no, this stuff will set as your trying to blend it in with either a brush or your hands leaving you with splotchy results. one thing is for certain once this stuff is on its on, and will last through water, soap, blowtorches and sandstorms.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by CandyLatte

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

WE want a pump for this foundation here in Canada!!!! (I heard that they have a pump in Europe but they raised up the price a bit) If I wear this daily I would always mix it with my moisturizer making it sheer, so that it would feel light on my face, unless I'm going somewhere formal.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2013 4:11:00 AM More reviews by ToriaM

I have fallen in love with the revlon colorstay all over again! I haven't bought this foundation in about 2 years and it seems like I always come back to it. It has pretty good coverage and controls my oily skin very well. I also like how it feel so lightweight on my face. My only complaints would be that the foundation dries fast and can become cakey if too much is applied. However, I recommend this foundation to everyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by WigglesandWerk

I've been using this as my foundation for over two years. It works so well with my oily and acne prone skin. in fact, i think it has helped keep breakouts at bay. Lasts all day, I just pat and smooth it on in the morning fix it with powder and I'm set for a full day at work with minimal touch ups for evening outings.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by PShanahan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Grey

I don't hate this but I don't love it. I would class this as a very good drug store foundation but I don't think it compares to high end. My skin is normal to slightly dry and I got the version for this. Unfortunately I found it a bit too drying. I agree though that it does have good staying power. I found the packaging annoying and think it needs a pump. I think that next time if I was stuck and needed a drug store foundation I'd go with Bourjois healthy mix

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2013 3:27:00 AM More reviews by sneakieme

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this foundation. It last all day. It does have some oxidation on my skin.....so it will get a little orange by the end of the day. However, I get that with any foundation I wear. Will continue to buy this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Willow1860

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Revlon ColorStay Foundation (for oily/combination in Caramel) is my first purchase of a drugstore foundation since the mid-90s. Previous drugstore brands would break out my skin, did not match my complexion well, and left me very shiny by the middle of the day. Due to all the reasons listed, I stopped using them and switched to Mary Kay, BareMinerals, and finally Estee Lauder's Double Matte in Warmest Ginger. I've been using Revlon ColorStay for the past couple of days and so far so good. No breakouts. Minimal shine. I can't say that there's no "glimmer," but in comparison to EL's Double Matte, Revlon's CS is a winner! Overall, I like it and will probably purchase it again. The packaging leaves a bit to be a desired as the product doesn't slide easily from the bottle. I haven't used any foundation that comes with a pump, but I've read other reviews that sing the pump's praises. I think this product could be a tad more liquified or have a pump...something that will make it easier to retrieve. I apply with a sponge instead of using my foundation brush. Once I'm able to remove it from the bottle, the foundation blends very well to my face. I'll update in a few weeks to see if the love affair continues.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by clairedy6

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have combination skin but purchased this foundation in the dry/normal skin formula. I had hoped that this would replace my Covergirl Clean foundation which I love but broke me out. I really wanted to like this but the coverage and lasting power just wasn't enough for me. I find myself having to apply much more concealer after application to cover up my acne scars, and by the end of the day this fades a lot. It definitely doesn't last 24 hours, I'd say maybe 6 at the most. Otherwise, the packaging is good and it hasn't broken me out yet. Also it doesn't make my skin as oily as the Covergirl foundation. But if you're looking for full coverage this isn't your match.