Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.8

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, PPG 10, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Talc, Silica Silylate, Sodium PCA, C12 15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates, C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Amodimethicone, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Parfum (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Sulfate, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geranoil, Alpha Isomethyl, Ionone, Citronellol, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891, Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) (Feburary 2015, glass bottle with red cap ingredients) - titanium dioxide, octinoxate, water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetylpeg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, talc, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium pca, silica silylate, C12 15 Alkyl ethylhexanoate, magnesium sulfate, zinc stearate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, BisPEG/PPG-14/14 dimethicone, amodimethicone, laureth 7, lecithin, tribehenin, disteardimonium hectorite, phenoxyethanol, trihydroxystearin, chlorphenesin, dimethiconol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, xanthan gum, fragrance, pentylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, propylene carbonate, hydroxyethyl cellulose, glycerin, citric acid, fructose, sodium hydroxide, urea, laureth-4, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, butylphenyl methlyproprional, allantoin, maltose, sodium chloride, sodium lactate, sodium sulfate, trehalose, benzyl salicylate, linalool, geraniol, bht, citronellol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, glucose, sodium hyaluronate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, iron oxides

on 1/29/2013 6:42:00 PM

I just bought my third tube of this foundation. I have sensitive skin that changes according to the weather, and need foundation specific to that. When it is warm outside and my skin is a bit oilier, this is my go-to foundation (when its dry I like maybelline Fit Me as a comparable, drupstore/ inexpensive product). The colors are nicely blendable. My skin is reddish whis I am always fighting, and the beige of all three tones I have used are good at canceling out the red around my nose and chin, giving an even finish. It is blendable for long enough that I don't feel like I am racing against the clock, and does hold up for hours (not 25 though, more like 8).
Now, when I am in a clod climate and my skin is dry it sinks into my pores and any flakes or skin uneven textures and looks awful, at those times I need a more liquid foundation. As I live in Florida, this isn't an issue often, and at under $10 its affordable to keep a few different kinds of foundation on hand. I will purchase this again.
Packaging: after a while it gets to a point when the product bleeds out of the little hole in the top after you've squeezed it, which can result in wasted product and a small mess on the bathroom counter.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is one of the first foundations I have found that doesn't make my face look cakey. I have combination skin, my forehead and chin are somewhat oily while my cheeks and nose are dry. A lot of the foundations I have tried make the dryness worse but this one doesn't do that whatsoever. This foundation evens out my skin and gives it a nice, natural finish. Best foundation for me so far and I will definitely buy again!

on 1/21/2013 1:39:00 PM

This foundation is amazing- out of all Rimmels foundations to date it's my fav!
Pros:
*Gives great coverage
*Even colour
*Stays put (especially on a night out!) it doesn't transfer (especially if you use ya phone!)
-Great value for money!

It blends perfectly (i find blending with your fingers works better than using a foundation brush as the warmth of your fingers helps with blending) I blob a bit in the palm of my left hand and use my right hand as the 'brush' by starting at the center of my cheeks and blending towards the hairline. It stays put and is great value for money especially when compared to higher end foundations!

on 1/21/2013 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I am simply gobsmacked by this product! To start, my skin is extremely oily and very picky about what I put on it. I have been using Revlon ColorStay liquid for about 3 years now, and it has always been the only thing that works for me. Every other foundation I have tried, be it liquid, powder, or something in between, either doesn't dry matte and feels tacky, has too much shimmer in it, or doesn't have enough coverage (which I need a lot of due to uneven skin tone, large pores, and blemishes.) However, my ColorStay routine is quite intense and time consuming, and there are some days where I would rather not have to spend so much time on my face. I'm not really sure what prompted me to try this foundation, perhaps it was the price (almost half of what I usually pay for my ColorStay) but I am very very excited and happy that I did. I am a #150 Buff in ColorStay and decided to try the Ivory in the Lasting Finish, and it is a perfect match. I apply milk of magnesia on my face first as a primer, which definitely helps curb the oil. I then put about a nickel sized blob of foundation on the back of my hand and apply it with a flat foundation brush. With one layer it provides very good medium-high coverage, and for someone with nice skin that would probably be more than adequate. However, I had a few areas that I felt needed to be gone over a second time, and it was very easy to build coverage as needed. I even used a bit more with a small concealer brush to spot conceal a couple blemishes - no need for concealer! It dried quite quickly and at first I was scared it wouldn't be matte enough, but after applying some powder it looked amazing and I was beyond pleased with the coverage, the color, and how well it blurred my large pores. Throughout my 8 hour day I only blotted and re-powdered once, and it looked and felt great all day. I am so pleasantly surprised by how much I like this foundation. I was ready to be let down again and get ready to make a return, but I will definitely be keeping and using this foundation over and over again. A+ for Rimmel with this one.

PROS:
Buildable medium-high coverage
Very affordable
Gives a dewy look without looking too oily
Sets nicely with powder, stays on all day

CONS:
Somewhat limited shade range
Not sure how I feel about the tube vs. bottle
Faint scent (may bother some people)

This is a great product. I have very oily skin in my t-zone, and I feel that this foundation was great for me, especially with Rimmel's Stay Matte powder over top. The colour selection confused me a tad, I bought the shade Ivory, but in the store, it was way too dark, but i bought it anyway. When I actually put it on, I noticed that it actually matched my skintone perfectly!! I like the packaging, however I wish that it was a big larger, I feel like because it isn't a full coverage foundation (it is buildable) I have to use a bit more than usual, it probably won't last me very long. The foundation definitely has a longevity, not sure if it is 25 hours, but it lasts me from atleast 10:00am-8:00pm, which is great to me!! Love it, wish it was a more full coverage, but that's about it! :)

on 1/19/2013 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

The one foundation I always have to go back to. Good coverage, doesnt look too cakey on my skin. Doesnt last all day tho. Apply primer to make it last slightly longer. And for approximately 5 pounds, it's definitely worth it. I'm olive skinned and I use the 200 soft beige color. :)

on 1/19/2013 4:47:00 PM

The first time i tried it on my face, i hated it ! The smell is really bad, and it feels soooo thick and cakey on the face.. It doesn't even last more than 3 hours.. Bad, bad foundation, i wouldn't recommend it to anyone !

on 1/16/2013 12:59:00 PM

Surprisingly fantastic. lasts all day, really pretty finish and soft focus look. I love this.

on 1/16/2013 12:56:00 PM

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by this product. I read the reviews here, but was still a bit skeptical. I wanted a cheaper alternative to Revlon Colorstay when I just want to run out the door or go to the park with my child. I bought #400 as I have a tan (natural) skin color --- it fits almost perfectly. Great coverage and easy to blend. Lasts a loooooong time and looked great all day. I love it and will buy it again -- great quality for an amazing price.

on 1/16/2013 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Whoever has a fair skin tone, do yourself a favor and run far, far away from this foundation. While the coverage is nice, the color is horrendous. Within minutes of putting this foundation on, I looked like an extra in an Oompa Loompa special. No good. Yet another few dollars in the trash.