October 21, 2014 | 1995 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2012 2:34:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This foundation looks amazing when I first put it on, but for some weird reason it turns ghost like after a few hours in me! This has seriously never happened to me with any foundation. I'm pretty sure I have the right color. I'm an NC20-25 and 200 Soft Beige was a good match for me. I don't set this foundation and seeing that it gives full coverage, I don't wear concealer on top because it does cover up any blemishes I may have. I've tried everything with this foundation--even just using it as a concealer, unfortunately it still goes white. Maybe I got a dud? I don't know but I don't thin I'll be repurchasing this. :(

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by snowbearxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok. So. I heard about this product about a month ago and I've gotten really good reviews from it so I decided to buy it a couple days after; just to try it out. Actually, I bought it thinking I was going to fall head over heels for it! So, literally right after buying it, I applied to my face with my fingers (both clean of course!) and I've got to admit, I liked it! I thought it was nice, the coverage was ok, making my face look not as tomato-like as it is while also covering some of my pimples. But, as time passed, my face was starting to look a bit...gross. Like, nasty gross. I thought it turned out that way because I applied it with my fingers so I didn't think much of it. The next day I tried it again, only this time I used a foundation brush. I felt that it didn't look and feel the same way as it did yesterday but, whatever, it has good reviews, right? After that day, my face was looking gross again. Washed it off and decided that I was doing something wrong, AGAIN. After trying numerous times that week using different application processes I saw something on my face. What was it you ask? A big. Fat. Juicy. Pimple. Sorry for the visual people but, honestly! My face broke out reallyyy bad! Even my sister and mom noticed this and said it was because of the foundation. I was reluctant to believe this because, dude, look at the reviews! So, being the firm believer I am, I tried it once again. My face didn't get any better so...yeah. I threw that horrid thing OUT! Sorry Rimmel! (: Wait, I'm NOT sorry! Thing broke me out so bad, I refuse to give you an apology!
OH. Before I forget, let's talk about packaging and price and what not.
-Price; Ok. Not bad. It's as cheap as everyone says, very nice :D.
-Packaging; So, when I was at CVS almost all of these things were GONE. (This led me to believe that it was the bomb) The ones that were still there were either used or gross BUT I searched all the way in the back of the rack and found a new one! ...anyway. I don't like tubes, at all. I find them gross lol. But, I don't really mind that much as long as the thing is clean.
-Overall Rating; Okok, the overall rating I gave it was!...1 LIP THING! :D.
-Would I buy this again? Heck. No. (:
(To those who like to product and those who are trying to...try it (lol) don't let this review be a downer to you! It's your own opinion, but, I warned you!)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by hareem55

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading amazing reviews about this product, I was really looking forward to trying this out.
Well first off, it spelled exactly like Rimmel London Match Perfection. It also applied similar to Match Perfection, it was moisturizing.
However, it did NOT last on my super oily skin. If this product's claims were different, I would definitely write a more positive review, but as for longevity, its a HELL NO.

ALTHOUGH, I can definitely see this being the perfect long lasting, non cakey, moisturizing foundation for the love dry skin ladies:)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by bins13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I read a lot of good reviews on this foundation, so I decided to try it out. It was horrible for me, it left my skin feeling and looking dry. I tried the lightest shade, and it was to light, bought one shade darker and it was too dark, mixed the two, nope didn't work. I gave it plenty of tries, using different primers, no primer, different setting powders and sprays i use regularly, and even the product by itself, and nothing worked! Overall, for me, it was a waste of money because i lost the receipt.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 6:29:00 AM More reviews by sexylovie84

Oh wow!! I wasn't even looking for a foundation, but out of the corner of my eye I spotted these and something said, 'Perfect skin tone match!!' I selected two close shades but went with 200 soft beige. This stuff is incredible!! I use a thin layer almost all over. It offers me full coverage (even though I have great skin that just needs a little evening out) and it creates a great base for other makeup to cling to!! I love to add my concealer on top of this because the foundation grabs it and I don't have to use as much. It says it has an 'aqua primer' in it, and I believe it!! I don't always use liquid foundation, but it's nice to play sometimes :) I really love this!!! I will continue to buy over and over!! I am really pleased that a random impulse buy could be so awesome. I only have one other Rimmel cosmetic, a lipliner which I also like.. I think I will check out other products by them tomorrow!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by jorates

Good quality foundation for the price. Leaves a somewhat grey cast so it seems to be much darker then it turns out to be. Has to be worked quickly, so better to moisten it up (to keep the good coverage) or mix it with the face cream. I use it to correct some foundations that are too light, but I won't buy it again. It does look like a cheap foundation, although a decent one.
Edit: Well, I might buy it again after all, given it is great for making tinted moisturizer!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 1:42:00 AM More reviews by Aishteru85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have heard so much about this. Some even say this was on par with Rev CS, which I love. For ref I am NC35 in Mac PLW, Tawny in ELDW, 310+330 in Rev CS. I have very oily skin and live in a hot and humid tropical weather and I have a mild to moderate acne scarring. I have Asian-Yellow undertone.

Shade: I got this in Nude 202. I feel that this matches my skin to a tee. This has a yellow undertone which is great. It wasnt too yellow like some of MAC's. I find that this has the best undertone for my skin of all the foundation I've tried. And the good part also is that it didnt oxidize on me, stays true to color all day.

Application and Texture: I find the texture rather runny, usually a long wearing foundation would be slightly thick, but this is runny, which is weird because some dewy foundations are thicker than this. You'd think that since it's runny, it would be easily blended right? Well, no. Upon application, this left my face feeling tacky. I tried using a flat top brush, Elf and Sigmax F80, and I find that it sat on top of my skin and created a cakey mask. It went on super streaky and tacky and would not blend into my skin, no matter what. I had to stop using the brushes and used my fingers, only then it melted slightly to blend in. Applying using fingers although helps the foundation melt and blend in, it's still super tacky and streaky. It took awhile to blend in properly,in short it was a lot of effort i didnt expect to put, bcuz i didnt really have problems with foundation being so hard to blend before, and I never had to put so much effort in trying to get it to blend and melt into my skin, no not even with revlon cs which is considerably thicker than this. This is a first for me. I wouldnt say it was hard to blend because it dried quickly-honestly it wasnt drying quickly, i feel that the tackiness of the foundation made it hard to blend and it took a while for it to dry/set. A good news is that it didnt settle into pores and didnt highlight any flakies I have, and it wasnt drying my skin out-felt slightly hydrating after the tackiness had gone.

Coverage: This gave a medium coverage. And not really buildable, in the sense that when you layer it it would be suppperrr cakey and just sat on top of the skin, since it is very hard to melt and blend into the skin in the first place. In the event you successfully manage to build it, which still left your face cakey you could skip concealer with this and it does cover acne scarring well. Honestly, this isnt a foundation that could be layered without getting the mask face.

Longevity: This didnt control my oil at all. I was super oily in my 3rd hour of wearing and had to constantly blot through out the day (Constantly like 6-8 times). Lasted for a at least 7- 8 hours, but then disintegarated on the 8th hour and showed all my acne scarring. which is horrible cuz i usually work up to 12 hours a day. On a day where I had to walk around and sweat a little more and not just sit in my air conditioned office, this melted off my face on the 5th hour of wearing, and left me supeer oily...I feel that this is a foundation where you can put on if you are not running around or sweating or doing anything moderately active, but if you are, look elsewhere. however I feel that this would last fairly well on someone with combination/normal and dry skin as it is slightly hydrating. As I do tend to have crazy oily skin and i live in the warmer region, this isnt great for me. This might be great for someone who lives in the cooler region.

Packaging: Comes in a squeeze tube, which is hygienic and costs less than USD10.

All in all, would I recommend it? Well, if you're oily-skip this. Not worth the money. But if you have combi/normal/dry skin. Although I think this would last so much better on your skin type, the blendability and texture is bad at least for me. Try a sample first if you could get your hands on them. See how it blends on your skin. Hope this helps.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2012 10:33:00 AM More reviews by peace333love

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, I think I finally found my HG foundation, and let me tell you, I have tried a ton of them before purchasing this one :)
This foundation has the most beautiful coverage I have ever seen. It covers like a dream, it takes a little bit longer for it to dry, but once it does it won't go anywhere. I have a lot of acne scars, and this manages to cover them completely, without feeling cakey. That's another thing- it's so lightweight it's almost incredible, considering the fact that this is a medium-full coverage foundation. It can go on shear, or you can build up the coverage by applying a second layer where you need it. It has a matte finish, and on my very oily T-zone it takes approximately 5 hours for the shine to start showing, but then I blott once, and I may have to do it once more by the end of the day, and that's all, and I don't even set it with powder...
Long story short, I am incredibly impressed with this one, it's cheap. it's matte, it covers everything ( I even use it as a concealer under my eyes :) ), and it doesn't break me out, which most foundations do, so I would highly recommend this one to everyone, except maybe to people with very dry skin. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by seiran

Well there goes all my hopes and dreams AGAIN! After reading all the reviews and the price being $8, I don't regret trying this...HOWEVER it did not work for me at all.
Pros: Cheap, locally available, 103 is my perfect color match, full coverage.
Cons: OILY after 1 hour, not long lasting, cakey, caused me to break out!

I have sensitive, acne prone, combination skin (Oily T-zone). Initially when I put this makeup on, it was very matte and great coverage! But after 1 hour it started to cake around my oily areas like my nose. After blotting twice every hour I ended up with either no makeup in the blotted areas or super oily! Granted I do have quite an oily nose but it doesn't usually get this bad without foundation! Then after wearing it for 12 hours for 2 days straight, I noticed breakouts around my chin! Even a cystic one developing. I stopped right away and now my cystic one gone back down thank god! Anyways I really wanted to have this work as the color match is perfect...which is super rare for me. Back on the hunt...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2012 9:45:00 PM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Purchased about a month ago. Been using this every day. I managed to find a shade that matched my skin tone, however there is a limited selection. They did have testers for this line at my wal mart which was nice. Lovely matte finish, buildable coverage, fabulous price - $9 CAD. Will repurchase.