September 1, 2014 | 2137 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2012 9:45:00 PM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Purchased about a month ago. Been using this every day. I managed to find a shade that matched my skin tone, however there is a limited selection. They did have testers for this line at my wal mart which was nice. Lovely matte finish, buildable coverage, fabulous price - $9 CAD. Will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2012 6:37:00 PM More reviews by krsgarcia

PROS:
- Packaging: I like the tubed foundation because you have control with how much formula I wish to use.
- Application: The foundation doesn't dry quickly, which means you have the ability to blend.
- Coverage: Your finish look is definitely matte, which is good for those who have oily skin. It also does great with covering acne scars and other imperfections.

CONS:
- Colour Range: The shade range is very limited.
- Colour Packaging: Perhaps it's just me, but I think the packaging made the foundation appear darker in colour; when you apply it it's a more lighter shade than expected.
- Allergic Reaction: Because of my sensitive skin, I felt irritation/burning during application. I cleansed my face with my cleansing towelettes and found redness & break outs developing.
- Look on photo: This foundation made me look ghostly pale!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 1:27:00 AM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

I bought this in the shade 400 (I'm NC30 MAC, but I purchased such a dark foundation to mix with my other regular shade foundations for summer time)

Let me first off by saying that when I purchased this, I did not do any research...
Coverage: Medium to full. You can definitely layer on the foundation for a fuller coverage, or apply a thin layer for a medium coverage. Covers my redness and any imperfections without having to apply concealer!

Finish: Semi matte with the tiniest sheen. Even with 6+ hours of wear, the sheen does not make me look overly oily

Lasting power: Although this claims to last 25 hours, I've personally never worn it for that long. However, I have worn it for at least 8 hours and the foundation still looks very nice. It doesn't wear off, but you will need to powder after like, 6 hours or so.

Scent: Not much of a scent !

Packaging: Squeeze tube, perfect for mixing with my other foundations. The packaging of this is really simple and I like it as it's plastic and travel friendly.

Price: I don't remember how much I bought this foundation for, but it was definitely under $10 at a local Shoppers Drug Mart (Cdn) and it's totally worth it

Colour: As I said before, I did not purchase the appropriate color to match my face. I purchased this in 400 so I could mix this with my lighter foundations in the summer so I wouldn't have to purchase a brand new department store foundation. However, I do find that this shade has enough yellow undertones in that I look natural even if I wear this foundation alone!

Overall: I really like this foundation! Although it's not a traditional matte foundation (Which I prefer), it still has enough matte-nes to it that it stays put and I don't look like a greaseball after 8 hours of wear. It definitely will last your a good 8 hours of wear, without fading off and for the price, I would definitely continue purchasing this foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Samyoung

I usually buy expensive brand foundation, but I decided to cut back on some things. So I decided to try to find some cheaper makeup starting with foundation. I
Was at target and saw this makeup and gave it a try. I really loved it!!!!! It lasted all day and looked perfect the whole time!!!! All you need is a small amount, little goes a long way!! Comes in good variety of colors and the price is great!!! My mom was with me and also bought a bottle and loved it also!!! Very pleased and happy I found a good foundation for less than ten dollars!!! Give it a try you won't be sorry!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by flavorred

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay so basically my kind of skin is oily and I have hypepigmentation all over my face from pimples in the past years. This foundation is basically like a miracle. It covers up the hyperpigmentation like a dream. I have searched a long time for a foundation that would not look unnatural and cakey. I have tried revlon colorstay from all of the rave reviews..it did cover up my imperfections but when I was finished, I looked in the mirror and my face looked like I had so much make-up on. This rimmel lasting finish however makes it look so natural when I'm done, with a dewy finish. I love it. I found my favorite foundation. This also lasts forever! It doesn't come off all night of dancing or in hot weather. Sometimes when I'm out all night clubbing with my friends we pass out and forget to wash our faces. My friends will look at me and be surprised that my makeup is still on. It's crazy, I absolutely adore this foundation, I would suggest you try it and see for yourself.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by postmaster

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This foundation works so well on dry skin! Its very hydrating. As I have found with most of my other drugstore foundations they look so cakey when applied to my dry skin this does not have a cakey look to it at all. It covers some of my acne scars and does blur small pimples so you will need a concealer for any other. I love the smell to the foundation as well. The color match is alright i have to blend down my neck more with this foundation. I have 100 ivory. The lastability is alright if i touch my face then it would come off but most of the color is there at the end of the day. The finish is really DEWY so thats why i like it for my dry skin. but i feel that even with my dry skin i have to dust a light powder over my face. But on the bright side it didnt break me out (:

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 7:30:00 PM More reviews by domokunnies

I'm EXTREMELY IMPRESSED by this foundation. This might be my HG. I have very sensitive skin but this has not broke me out at all. The coverage is pretty good. I mix mine with Shiseido face sunscreen to thin it out but it still covers pretty well. I am NC30 and "soft beige" is the perfect match for me. The finish is great. It looks natural and really does last all day. I live in Texas and it's summertime and my skin looks great even through sweating.

The minuses for me is that I wish the packaging was pump, instead of squeeze. OH well *shrug*, still more hygienic and convenient than in a jar. The other minus for me is the very obvious fragrance, but the smell goes away when I mix it with my face sunscreen.

All in all, a great buy. It was for less than $6 at Walgreens with a Sunday paper coupon.

SO SO glad I tried this foundation. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

*EDIT*

4/2/2013
I still like this foundation very much. It covers really well.. however I've found a much better foundation that I use daily--- Skin79 BB Cream Gold. I still keep one tube of Rimmel as backup.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by butterytoast

I've always believed foundation was worth spending a lot on and have been using Laura Mercier silk creme foundation for the last 3 years and loved it. I was light on cash this month and bought the Rimmel lasting finish foundation as a short term replacement and I honestly think I like this better than my $40 foundation! The texture is amazing and goes on so smooth then dries to a beautiful finish which is glowy but not shiny and not too matte. I use my MAC 187 duo fiber brush and it covers my uneven skin tone flawlessly and looks totally natural! I can't believe its only $8, such a steal I hope they never discontinue it!!! I even like the tube packaging because its easy to throw in a travel bag, this is my new favorite foundation for sure.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Deliciousmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really dont like this product, its too thin and doesnt cover well, have even tried loads of different shades, and still same result!!
Give me Mac or Dior foundation anyday.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2012 9:27:00 AM More reviews by JadeM13

I bought this foundation after reading some good reviews about it. It has medium coverage and the shade I wear is 100 Ivory (the lightest)(for reference I'm NC 20 in MAC and Buff in Colorstay), which suits me nicely. It applies easily whether with fingers or a foundation brush. The lasting power on its own (no primer or powder) is not that great, it starts to settle in the lines of my forehead in about 4 hours or so, but with powder it lasts a lot more. Overall, I'm pleased with my purchase, as long as I use this with powder on top it lasts all day and looks natural too. I would also like to note that I've only worn this foundation in really hot weather, so the lasting power might improve in a more normal atmosphere.