July 29, 2014 | 2156 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by MsVengeance

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's really difficult to find something that doesn't break me out in the summer so I was pretty excited when I found this. The finish is a bit slimy and it creates an annoying shine throughout the day, but at least I felt safe with it--until I realized that it contained alcohol as a main ingredient. I suspected this was bad, so after that i only used it when I was real desperate. I guess that's a good thing, 'cause I recently read a disturbing review of this stuff on beautypedia.com.

It turns out that the amount of denatured alcohol in this stuff isn't just bad because it's irritating--it's actually damaging! Apparently, denatured alcohol causes free-radical damage--meaning it breaks down the collagen in your skin! Even if you don't usually care about ingredients and stuff, this is definitely worth considering. I mean free radical damage probably happens all the time, due to all sorts of other stuff (probably even just the air) but why do it on purpose? Especially with the way this stuff remains all wet and slimy throughout the day (kinda makes me wonder if it was "actively" damaging my skin the entire time it was on it!).

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2011 12:26:00 AM More reviews by reallysaucy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

hmm, i can't find anything nice to say about this moisturizer... i found the name to be misleading with the word cream in it. i was thinking that it might be more substantial than the other cucmber watery moisturizers we're familiar with. unfortunately, there's nothing cream about it. it is a very light moisturizer. it leaves my skin feeling very tacky (most watery textured products are). i found myself using a big dollop of this to make my face feel better from the benzoyl peroxide i use to combat acne where i have used other moisturizers before that didn't require so much. i ran through the unsanitary jar in only 2 months using it once a day ( i use something different at night). i would not recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Nikki16519

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This has made its way to HG status for me. Previously I was using Lush's Vanishing Cream and while I do love that product still, I was starting to notice that as my new skincare routine was balancing my face better and I had fewer very dry areas to keep hydrated, it would make my foundation slip a bit through the day. The moisture this provides is light, but it has been perfect for me, I get no breakouts from it, no irritation. I really like the light cucumbery scent this has and how it is very cool on the skin. Works perfectly under my MAC PP SPF 50 when I need that for the super hot days, but also work wonderfully on its own under my foundation. It is cheap and easy to find at any drug store or Target, Walmart, etc. I don't like jars as much as pumps for the sanitary reasons, but I am ordering an airless pump bottle to transfer the gel into so I can solve that problem. Love this product to pieces.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by hc

good light moisturizer. the packaging is unhygienic which is a draw back and its a little expensive however i can usually find it on sale at my local SDM for around $8. i find that when i apply it right out of the shower that it sinks in more but if i just wash my face it almost feels like it takes longer to sink in. it would be nice if it had mattifying properties.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by sarahgorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

So here's the deal on this... it's very silicone-heavy and silicones make me break out. I can't use it too many days in a row all over my face or I get clogged pores. Plus, it actually feels kind of weird on my face. It is indeed "refreshing" but once it soaks in my face feels tight yet moisturized, like someone wrapped plastic wrap around my face. I have found 2 excellent uses for it though: eye cream and sunburn reliever. I have really bad puffy eyes from not sleeping enough and this fixes that instantly, especially when I keep this in the fridge. I use it morning and night around my eye area. I am prone to eczema on my eyelids and I have had no issues with it since I started using this. The gel texture of this is great for wearing it around the eyes under makeup because it isn't greasy so it won't cause your makeup to smudge. In addition, I somehow managed to get sunburned on just one shoulder (my first sunburn since the 8th grade) and in desperation I applied this on it and it felt better by morning. For $6 I will always have this on hand, even if I don't actually use it as a facial moisturizer very often.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by milipudding

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Probably the best night moisturizer I've used so far. I don't use thick night creams because I have oily/acne prone skin.
This just feels so refreshing once you put it on it almost has a cooling effect. It's more watery and more moisturing than the yellow clinique gel. The gel texture really works at moisturizing your skin without being heavy at all!! IT'S SO LIGHT.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 6:47:00 PM More reviews by carranzadg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been waiting for a drugstore version of Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing gel to come out and now if has. I love it. Most moisturizers contribute to my super oily face and I hated having to spend over $20 for it. I've tried Garnier products and I decided to give it a shot. It works just as well as Clinique. If you've never tried a gel moisturizer be aware that it definitely feels different than regular moisturizer. Not sure how to describe but it doesn't feel like your moisturizing at all. I tend not to use moisturizer in the am because my skin is so oily but when my skin gets drier in the cooler months this is my go to moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by PinkyRani

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have the oilyest skin and this make me SHINE LIKE GREASE in 1 hour. The intial effect is matte, but that only lasts for an instant. Surprisingly, it also doesnt moisturize the dry/itchy areas.

I do not recommend this for oily skin ppl, but definately for normal skin. It also doesnt have SPF which is a con even if you have normal skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 12:30:00 AM More reviews by sandark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This...is amazing. I've been searching for a good facial moisturizer that wouldn't make my skin feel oily or greasy, and this does the trick. I put it on and in less than a minute, it soaked into my skin and didn't feel wet, but silky smooth. I put foundation over it, and my foundation didn't streak, so it worked great for a primer for me too!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by marie2555

I got sucked into buying this by trying out a sample in a magazine... and I was actually impressed once I started using it regularly. I've noticed it doesn't really break me out, but it does feel a little weird on my skin. It's not oily, but it feels almost kind of sticky, and when it dries it dries kind of like a separate layer on your skin. If you mind how it feels then I don't suggest you get it, as there is also a tingling, cooling sensation. It doesn't help much with redness, but it does hydrate pretty good. Unlike some of the reviews on here, I actually like the smell of it.... it smells fresh/clean. It works really well under makeup too. My only large complaint is the jar packaging. The packaging quality is nice... but not practical. Germs will grow like crazy in there if you don't make sure your hands are clean before you use it. The amount of product you get doesn't really correspond with the price, but I don't mind too much because it doesn't break me out and it does what it says. Its not a hg moisturizer, but it gets the job done... so thats why I gave it 4.