Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

3.8

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Carbomer, Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Vitis Vinifera Extract/Grapefruit Extract, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Menthoxypropanediol, Magnesium Gluconate, Sodium Citrate, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Calcium Gluconate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 42090/Blue 1, Parfum/Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol. [September 2010]

on 10/1/2011 4:15:00 PM

This is the perfect summer nightime moisturizer for those with acne prone skin. It's so refreshing and moisturizing. It did not make me breakout. It made my skin look and feel so fresh and pretty. I totally recommend it!

on 10/1/2011 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I am on my third jar of this product and my skin absolutely loves it! Since my skin is on the dry side, I probably would not have purchased a gel moisturizer as in the past I've found gel creams tend to dry out my skin. This product, however, is much different. I originally tried it after finding a sample in Allure magazine. I used Revlon Colorstay foundation, and found the Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream worked beautifully under the foundation. That same day someone commented on my beautiful wrinkle-free skin. I don't know if the gel-creme had anything to do with that, but I did notice the gel-creme helped my foundation to NOT settle in the wrinkles I do have. So now I'm hooked....I will continue to use the Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream along with the Colorstay makeup. I don't believe the gel-creme causes any reversal effects, although it might prevent some future damage simply by keeping my face hydrated. However, for the face I have today, I will continue to use it. It is one of the best moisturizers I have found that truly keeps my skin hydrated, but is not greasy or heavy. As a side note, I am really lovin' Garnier skin care products. I am a skin care/makeup junky and have tried MANY products. Of the Garnier products I've tried, I've found them to perform just as well, if not better than may high-end, expensive products.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

at first i really liked this product, it smells awesome and it made my face feel smooth. however, as time went on, i found it wasnt too effective at delivering much moisture. i'm really not surprised to learn that it has denatured alcohol in it. it feels nice when you put it on, but then it starts to burn. it sounds like it works well for oily skin, but for combination skin/dry skin, this stuff is decidedly not a 'moisture rescue'. i knew it wasn't working when i got frustrated and applied clinique's dramatically different moisturizing gel over it, and it felt like my skin could actually breathe again. this stuff is more like a thick toner than a moisturizer. definitely not repurchasing, ever.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have oily skin and I love this moisturizer at night. It doesn't leave my skin oily or greasy, and soaks in at top speed. It leaves my skin smooth, and not tight feeling. With oily skin, it's easy to over-moisturize and wake up like a grease ball. With this, my skin just feels smooth and supple.
It's got a good, clean, fresh scent... not over-powering and after it soaks in, it doesn't leave a smell at all.
I love the packaging (a simple tub; not the most hygienic, but I like that you can get every last drop) and the price. Will definitely repurchase.

This does not work well for me! gel cream sounds good but my face just can't take this gel cream, it make my nose area dry and peel. I switch to Essential day cream from the same brand, it works a lot better for me.

on 9/12/2011 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i got a sample in a magazine
and it was amazing it was smooth and very creamy
my skin absorbed it fast so i didnt have a greasy looking face

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

LOVE. I have oily skin, was looking for a moisturizer to hydrate my skin without making it greasy: this did it. OHHHHH YEAA ahhaa, this is the best moisturizer I've ever known of. I just look back and think why didn't I think of this sooner? It's oil free and won't clog pores, it contains vitamin E and grape water extract and it feels soooo nice on my skin. It also works as a primer too and it honestly helped with my oil during the long school day! If you're reading this review and thinking about getting this, JUST GET IT, you'll love it. It also smells amazing like cucumbers and grapes, but if you don't like anything perfumed on your face, I couldn't smell it at all after about 2 minutes. Honestly...it's so worth it! 5/5!!!!!!

on 9/5/2011 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Bought this for under $5 with a coupon at wal-mart. I wanted to find a replacement for my Biotherm Aquasource Non Stop Gel (the green one). surprisingly this one works pretty good. it goes on very smoothly and you only need a little bit to cover the whole face. it absorbs into your skin in 2 minutes and hydrates for a long time. I use it as my summer night cream because I don't like the shine it gives me after long hours. although it's just a little bit of oil but being spoiled by Biotherm for so long I need some time to adjust.
overall this is a good moisturizer for summer. if you use it for winter you might find it too dry. not surprising. gel is usually not enough for winter.

on 9/1/2011 2:50:00 PM

This product may work for oily skin types, but it's not for my dry skin. When I first touched it, it felt amazing! The consistency is thin yet thick (like oil but it is not oily). I didn't mind the smell. The scent is fresh (cucumber scent) and not over powering. When I first put it on my face, it was great! ... then I noticed that it "sunk" into the skin very fast and at that point, it no longer felt moisturizing. Then I realized that it did not "sink" into my skin but evaporated (one of the main ingredients is alcohol). I can definitely see how some skin types may like it, but it is not for those of us that have dry skin.

I really wanted to like this product- the consistency and everything I had heard about it seemed great for my combination skin. It smells nice, and it seemed to moisturize my skin ok but it broke me out BAD! So...yet again...on the search for a good, cheap, lightweight moisturizer. I wouldn't suggest this if you have sensitive or acne prone skin.

Popular Moisturizers