NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

4.4

Isododecane Talc Cyclopentasiloxane Disteardimonium Hectorite Vp/Eicosene Copolymer Dimethicone Cetyl Ethylhexanoate Cyclohexasiloxane Sorbitan Sesquioleate Trimethylsiloxysilicate Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride Propylene Carbonate Peg-40 Stearate Sorbitan Olivate Tocopheryl Acetate Cera Alba (Beeswax) Phenoxyethanol Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate Oryza Sativa [Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil Extract] Triethoxycaprylylsilane Castor Oil Phosphate Sea Whip Extract Mica Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

This is hands down the best eyeshadow primer ever. I've gone through Urban Decay, Too Faced, NYX, ELF...every eye primer that I could get my hands on, and nothing compares to the Nars Pro Prime. It's so silky and smooth and easy to blend, it's completely invisible and anytime I use it my eyeshadow doesn't so much as *budge* from where I put it. I've worn my eye makeup for 15 hours, then slept for 6 hours--I certainly dont recommend doing that, but it happens sometimes--with this as a base and they still looked immaculate when I woke up. It is about $5 more than the Too Faced or Urban Decay, and it comes with less product, but it's the best as far as wear goes. I absolutely adore this.

on 2/14/2012 8:50:00 PM

I purchased this based on the good reviews here. I don't think I've ever made it through a work day without major shadow creases - usually my shadow is gone by lunch. My lids are just so oily. I've tried concealers as a primer - Amazing Cosmetics, Laura Mercier, Mac. I've used Urban Decay's Primer Potion, Mac paint pots - which were fairly good - but I still had major creasing. I've touched up my shadows with light dusting of powders from T le Clerc, Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown. I'd really given up on wearing any shadows to work with significant color payoff since they all just creased. Would just put on a little white/beige on to look awake and some liner. I have to say, I'm really impressed with this product. I wore a medium toned plum shadow to work today over this base and it was still on by the time I got home. That never happens!! Usually it creases and I wipe the creased bit off a couple of times in the bathroom throughout the day with a tissue and that's that. A whole entire make-up genre for daytime has opened because of this - I can wear actual colors on my lids.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Best. Primer. Ever. I've tried every one out there and this one takes the cake. I have oily skin and my shadow creases quickly. This primer truly delivers. My makeup goes on at 5:30 am and is still perfect when I wash it off by 8pm. It provides a much smoother surface on the eyelid than bare minerals and urban decays eye primers. I like the sponge tip wand, it's like a lip gloss applicator and allows for really easy application. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 is because I don't love that it is white however it does not at all affect shadow color. I would just prefer more of a nude color. I'm on my second tube and will definitely buy again. Expensive but worth it!

on 2/10/2012 9:09:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have been using this for a few weeks now and I can honestly say it delivers. The wand packaging isn't the most hygienic but I wipe it on the back of my hand, then apply to my eyes. It makes my eyeshadow stay on all day with just minimal fading. It doesn't have a scent and it's colorless, just slightly white going on but that doesn't affect color of shadows on top. It's currently $24 USD for .28oz/ 8g of product, which places it among the more expensive shadow primers but it's pretty bulletproof and worry free.

on 2/10/2012 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've tried several e/s primers, including UDPP, TFSI, MAC Prep & Prime, and always found that they worked well for a month or two then my skin seemed to get used to it and I'd have creased e/s half way through the day.

NARS eye primer means e/s doesn't crease for 12 plus hours. I put my makeup on at 7am this morning, and it's now 8pm. No creasing. This product is a game changer, and worth the few pounds more than UDPP costs. I don't have particularly greasy or dry lids, and before this I had to use a cream e/s base over primer, and even then there was some creasing. I'm praying my skin doesn't get used to it, I've been using it for a few months now and it still works perfectly. The packaging is great too, the wand applicator is very easy to use and only a dab on each eye is necessary.

Amazing, I love it! :D

on 2/9/2012 6:10:00 PM

Blimey. BLIMEY. Having tried a fair few of these kinds of things, including smash box, Sephora's own and Benefit (which is utter pant-ville, by the way) I was staggered by this. It works, completely. Fourteen eyes, hot weather, Gym sessions, eye make up Does. Not. Move. If you put a little on your bottom lid, too, you can have ye olde smokey eyes all day without smudging too. Brilliant product.

on 2/2/2012 10:39:00 PM

If you have trouble with the staying power of your shadows, this could be a game-changer. Ever since I got this, it's like I'm rediscovering the shadows that I had tossed aside in my stash because they don't have a good texture. With this, they do!

on 1/22/2012 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Best eyeshadow primer I have used. Eyeshadow stays put, even in hot, humid weather, and/or workouts. My only complaint is the wand applicator packaging - which makes it impossible to get all of the product out of the container. Take a small pair of scissors to pry off the internal ring, so you can get all of the product out of the tube. I was quite surprised at how much was still inside the tube when I did this, weeks worth of product!

on 1/19/2012 2:12:00 AM

I finally got myself a tube of this eyeshadow primer after almost every beauty blogger raved about it! :) And indeed, this is better than UDPP! This goes on colorless and a little goes a long way! I have oily lids and I used this yesterday for the first time. Applied my NARS Larger Than Life Eyeliner after using this and the eyeliner lasted for more than 14 hours! No creasing, no fading! I am really very impressed! :)

on 1/14/2012 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff is truly amazing..definitely HG for me and I have tried many primers. I have dry eyelids and problems with eyeshadows fading throughout the day. Although some primers I've used kept fading at bay to some degree, none of them work this well. After a 12 hour day, my eyeshadows looks freshly applied! This really pops eyeshadows too. It intensifies colors for me like no other primer. I'm NC40-42 so some of my eyeshadows do not show up that well on me but this primer makes a big difference. I also love how much easier blending is with this!!! I spend a lot less time blending eyeshadows now because this primer just makes it so much easier. I am one of those people who use 2-3 different shades and my eyeshadows have never looked better. I have a few eyeshadows that sometimes go on a bit patchy but somehow, this makes everything go on more smoothly. I've tried primers that made everything look crepey! A little goes a long way..all I need is whatever is on the wand when I pull it out. I dab a bit on each eye and that does the job so I expect this to last a long time. It dries colorless on me despite my tanned skin. I can't say much about creasing bc that's not a problem I normally have but I haven't experienced any creasing w/this. I love this and wouldn't hesitate to repurchase at all. I just wish it came in a squeeze tube instead!

Top Rated NARS Products