NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

4.4

Isododecane Talc Cyclopentasiloxane Disteardimonium Hectorite Vp/Eicosene Copolymer Dimethicone Cetyl Ethylhexanoate Cyclohexasiloxane Sorbitan Sesquioleate Trimethylsiloxysilicate Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride Propylene Carbonate Peg-40 Stearate Sorbitan Olivate Tocopheryl Acetate Cera Alba (Beeswax) Phenoxyethanol Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate Oryza Sativa [Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil Extract] Triethoxycaprylylsilane Castor Oil Phosphate Sea Whip Extract Mica Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

on 3/6/2012 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

PROS: keeps shadow on all day. NO creasing! good amount of product in the tube.

CONS: expensive. seems drying (although that's been less of a problem since switching eye cream). not convinced that the wand packaging will allow me to use all of the product.

had been using LORAC Behind the Scenes for over a year, but needed something new because i was noticing mid-day creasing on a regular basis.

i've tried -- and been unimpressed -- by UDPP in the past. i used to really like the BE primer back when it was in a twist-up pen but i went through it quickly and it was always an unpleasant surprise when i discovered the product was all gone. even though BE has since repackaged, you still get more than double the amount of product with NARS for $6 more.

i have since tried the NYX HD primer, and HATE the slimy texture, so i'm going back to NARS.

on 2/29/2012 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I use this every day to keep my black bobbi brown gel eyeliner from smudging ( i confess it is no match for the l'oreal kohl, i've yet to find something that keeps the pencil eyeliner from smudging since that is what it is designed to do). it is a great base for my eyeshadow to keep it from creasing and for the ink eyeliner to keep from fading. i can use one tube every day for 6 months, a little goes a long way.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

This is hands down the best eyeshadow primer ever. I've gone through Urban Decay, Too Faced, NYX, ELF...every eye primer that I could get my hands on, and nothing compares to the Nars Pro Prime. It's so silky and smooth and easy to blend, it's completely invisible and anytime I use it my eyeshadow doesn't so much as *budge* from where I put it. I've worn my eye makeup for 15 hours, then slept for 6 hours--I certainly dont recommend doing that, but it happens sometimes--with this as a base and they still looked immaculate when I woke up. It is about $5 more than the Too Faced or Urban Decay, and it comes with less product, but it's the best as far as wear goes. I absolutely adore this.

on 2/14/2012 8:50:00 PM

I purchased this based on the good reviews here. I don't think I've ever made it through a work day without major shadow creases - usually my shadow is gone by lunch. My lids are just so oily. I've tried concealers as a primer - Amazing Cosmetics, Laura Mercier, Mac. I've used Urban Decay's Primer Potion, Mac paint pots - which were fairly good - but I still had major creasing. I've touched up my shadows with light dusting of powders from T le Clerc, Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown. I'd really given up on wearing any shadows to work with significant color payoff since they all just creased. Would just put on a little white/beige on to look awake and some liner. I have to say, I'm really impressed with this product. I wore a medium toned plum shadow to work today over this base and it was still on by the time I got home. That never happens!! Usually it creases and I wipe the creased bit off a couple of times in the bathroom throughout the day with a tissue and that's that. A whole entire make-up genre for daytime has opened because of this - I can wear actual colors on my lids.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Best. Primer. Ever. I've tried every one out there and this one takes the cake. I have oily skin and my shadow creases quickly. This primer truly delivers. My makeup goes on at 5:30 am and is still perfect when I wash it off by 8pm. It provides a much smoother surface on the eyelid than bare minerals and urban decays eye primers. I like the sponge tip wand, it's like a lip gloss applicator and allows for really easy application. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 is because I don't love that it is white however it does not at all affect shadow color. I would just prefer more of a nude color. I'm on my second tube and will definitely buy again. Expensive but worth it!

on 2/10/2012 9:09:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have been using this for a few weeks now and I can honestly say it delivers. The wand packaging isn't the most hygienic but I wipe it on the back of my hand, then apply to my eyes. It makes my eyeshadow stay on all day with just minimal fading. It doesn't have a scent and it's colorless, just slightly white going on but that doesn't affect color of shadows on top. It's currently $24 USD for .28oz/ 8g of product, which places it among the more expensive shadow primers but it's pretty bulletproof and worry free.

on 2/10/2012 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've tried several e/s primers, including UDPP, TFSI, MAC Prep & Prime, and always found that they worked well for a month or two then my skin seemed to get used to it and I'd have creased e/s half way through the day.

NARS eye primer means e/s doesn't crease for 12 plus hours. I put my makeup on at 7am this morning, and it's now 8pm. No creasing. This product is a game changer, and worth the few pounds more than UDPP costs. I don't have particularly greasy or dry lids, and before this I had to use a cream e/s base over primer, and even then there was some creasing. I'm praying my skin doesn't get used to it, I've been using it for a few months now and it still works perfectly. The packaging is great too, the wand applicator is very easy to use and only a dab on each eye is necessary.

Amazing, I love it! :D

on 2/9/2012 6:10:00 PM

Blimey. BLIMEY. Having tried a fair few of these kinds of things, including smash box, Sephora's own and Benefit (which is utter pant-ville, by the way) I was staggered by this. It works, completely. Fourteen eyes, hot weather, Gym sessions, eye make up Does. Not. Move. If you put a little on your bottom lid, too, you can have ye olde smokey eyes all day without smudging too. Brilliant product.

on 2/2/2012 10:39:00 PM

If you have trouble with the staying power of your shadows, this could be a game-changer. Ever since I got this, it's like I'm rediscovering the shadows that I had tossed aside in my stash because they don't have a good texture. With this, they do!

on 1/22/2012 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Best eyeshadow primer I have used. Eyeshadow stays put, even in hot, humid weather, and/or workouts. My only complaint is the wand applicator packaging - which makes it impossible to get all of the product out of the container. Take a small pair of scissors to pry off the internal ring, so you can get all of the product out of the tube. I was quite surprised at how much was still inside the tube when I did this, weeks worth of product!

Top Rated NARS Products