September 30, 2014 | 1081 users online

Eye Primer - NARS - Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by KGirl24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is definitely HG! It is the best eyeshadow primer for my eyes. It blends in smoothly, doesn't cause my eyeshadow to crease and makes my eyeshadow last all day. It is a bit more expensive than UD or TF but for me, NARS works so much better. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2011 11:14:00 AM More reviews by MakeupMyWorld21

Ok, I LOVE my UDPP and honestly, I think that one is a teeny bit better than the Nars Smudge Proof. BUT still, I LOVE this this too. Its awesome and it doesn't smudge at ALL. Its only, the applicater is a pain. So I have to put it on my hand and then on my lid, which I hate, but I guess its alright. And one more thing, its TOO expensive for an eye-primer, while UDPP is cheaper. But I still love it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2011 10:47:00 AM More reviews by xoxsexylv57

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I really hate to drop the rating on this product, but I really am not a fan. I have this, UDPP (first the little baby sample that came with the Naked Palette, and now the AMAZING new squeeze tube version of it), some paint pots, and a tiny sample of Stay Don't Stray (that I have yet to try). I used this about a dozen times before I went right back to UDPP. This didn't last on me nearly as long as UDPP. I'll put my makeup on for work at about 7 am, and by noon when I'm taking lunch, I'll have a beautiful oily dense stripe of color right in my crease. Lovely. I've had better luck with eyeshadows when I don't wear a primer. The texture feels way too "silicone-y" for me, whereas with UDPP it has more of a tacky texture that really grabs on to my eyeshadow and keeps it in place. Needless to say, I never use the NARS eyeshadow base anymore, and it will soon be going on my swaplist.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2011 3:22:00 AM More reviews by LoveMakeUpEver2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG!!! Best eye primer in the world for me. It wears like a iron!!!! TFSI still creased on my oily lid, and I used to LOVE original UDPP, but their 1st deluxe size was diluted regular sized= doesnt work like original UDPP, and I also got deluxe size in new tube packaging, and it dried out so fast. After being disappointed by TFSI and UDPP, I didnt know where to turn, but NARS to the rescue :D I'll be sticking to NARS from now on or until they reformulate to be worse.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2011 1:03:00 AM More reviews by bellyhead

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the trifecta of challenging eyelid conditions: epicantheal fold, a crease (on one eye) and super oiliness. I have many eyemakeup challenges including attempting to evening out my eyes. Even putting on eyeliner to match is near impossible! But I digress.

Oh yes, because of the three aspects, it's a real challenge for eyemakeup to stay on and not meander all over the place, or fade away into oblivion.

The Pro Prime eyeshadow base is a very lightweight product. Looks pearly white, but goes on clear. Has a doefoot applicator, but I seem to get better coverage with a fingertip or a small flat brush.

So I tried this with smoky eyemakeup, just kohl eyeliner, a waterproof eyeliner, a gel eyeliner and i have been running around in monsoon weather conditions. I may have cried a bit, too. Have to say, I'm pretty darn impressed. the base really prevented my usual smeary, smudged up mess.

The only con I see is that once the product is on, it makes blending your other eyeproduct a little harder. So get diligent with your blending and bluffing and ready to have your eye stuff look nice all day long.

Let me digress again. Isn't it amazing how makeup technology has progressed over these past few years? Gosh, a few decades ago, I was smearing a burnt matchstick to my eyes and rubbing dried up beetles for lip color.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2011 12:59:00 PM More reviews by songforafriend

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm monolid, so I thought that this would be a better product for my eyelids based on reviews I heard/read about this being even more impregnable than the UDPP. It's not bad, but I personally found the UDPP to be more effective, and it's cheaper too so I won't be purchasing this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2011 10:09:00 AM More reviews by Bliur

I have super oily lids and this is hands down the best eye primer I've used. Not only avoid the eyelid from creasing but also the eyeshadows blend with ease. I've tried MAC Painterly and it's like butter on my eyes. I've tried also UDPP and TFSI, and I like those but this is my holy grail.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2011 4:56:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a really good primer. I have *very* oily skin, and by late afternoon, my eyeshadow is reduced to little lines of greasy goop in my creases. That still happens with every primer I've tried, including UDPP, but the NARS one has kept my shadow in place the longest of any, so far.

However, I will never buy another tube, because I can't determine that NARS is a cruelty-free company, and I make it a personal policy to patronize only companies that are known to be cruelty-free.

I regret that I can't buy this again, because it is high-performing. My face and eyelids are extremely oily, and this primer keeps my shadows and liner vibrant and in place most of the day, which is absolutely unheard of, for me.

If I knew this primer were made by a cruelty-free company, I would give it an enthusiastic five, and it would be my HG eyeshadow base.

As it is, I guess I'll keep looking. If anyone knows of an equally good primer/base that's made by a cruelty-free company, *please* e-mail me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by cutelildeadbear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

LOVE LOVE LOVE! Will totally repurchase if I ever need a base again. I bought this for wedding make up, as I don't use a base every day. I don't even wear make up every day. But in doing a test run on my make up, I realized how much I NEED this stuff when I do wear make up. It made everything stay put all day! No creasing, or smudging. The applicator is a pain, but I just put it on with that then used my finger to rub it around more where I wanted it. I'm sure I'd get the hang of it if I used it more often. It is expensive, but I imagine it will last forever. Well worth the money in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by hbarak

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I guess this is the Nars shadow base day! I never really used to wear eyeshadow before I got this. Now I am an es prostitution-whoa, as they say on RHONJ. The Nars counter lady gave me two samples, and I was totally hooked from the first day. My eyeshadow stays exactly the same all day-even if I do a very light look, literally one sweep. This way I never have to pack it on so I still have some left by the afternoon.
I'm already on my second tube. Samples is how they get me every time.