August 27, 2014 | 1952 users online

Eye Primer - NARS - Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2011 12:59:00 PM More reviews by songforafriend

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm monolid, so I thought that this would be a better product for my eyelids based on reviews I heard/read about this being even more impregnable than the UDPP. It's not bad, but I personally found the UDPP to be more effective, and it's cheaper too so I won't be purchasing this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2011 10:09:00 AM More reviews by Bliur

I have super oily lids and this is hands down the best eye primer I've used. Not only avoid the eyelid from creasing but also the eyeshadows blend with ease. I've tried MAC Painterly and it's like butter on my eyes. I've tried also UDPP and TFSI, and I like those but this is my holy grail.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2011 4:56:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a really good primer. I have *very* oily skin, and by late afternoon, my eyeshadow is reduced to little lines of greasy goop in my creases. That still happens with every primer I've tried, including UDPP, but the NARS one has kept my shadow in place the longest of any, so far.

However, I will never buy another tube, because I can't determine that NARS is a cruelty-free company, and I make it a personal policy to patronize only companies that are known to be cruelty-free.

I regret that I can't buy this again, because it is high-performing. My face and eyelids are extremely oily, and this primer keeps my shadows and liner vibrant and in place most of the day, which is absolutely unheard of, for me.

If I knew this primer were made by a cruelty-free company, I would give it an enthusiastic five, and it would be my HG eyeshadow base.

As it is, I guess I'll keep looking. If anyone knows of an equally good primer/base that's made by a cruelty-free company, *please* e-mail me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by cutelildeadbear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

LOVE LOVE LOVE! Will totally repurchase if I ever need a base again. I bought this for wedding make up, as I don't use a base every day. I don't even wear make up every day. But in doing a test run on my make up, I realized how much I NEED this stuff when I do wear make up. It made everything stay put all day! No creasing, or smudging. The applicator is a pain, but I just put it on with that then used my finger to rub it around more where I wanted it. I'm sure I'd get the hang of it if I used it more often. It is expensive, but I imagine it will last forever. Well worth the money in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by hbarak

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I guess this is the Nars shadow base day! I never really used to wear eyeshadow before I got this. Now I am an es prostitution-whoa, as they say on RHONJ. The Nars counter lady gave me two samples, and I was totally hooked from the first day. My eyeshadow stays exactly the same all day-even if I do a very light look, literally one sweep. This way I never have to pack it on so I still have some left by the afternoon.
I'm already on my second tube. Samples is how they get me every time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Yoshi3329

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've always wondered why my eyeshadow would crease on my lids. I thought it was normal and there was no way for it to stop. That was until I discovered primers. I've tried the Urban Decay Primer Potion and this one blows it away! This is HG!

It lives up to they hype! It's lightweight, extends the wear, maximizes color, and it smooths out the surface of the lid. It's also colorless, which is great for darker skin tones!

Also, it's not just for eyeliner and eyeshadow it can be for eye brows as well. I put this primer on my eyebrows and it makes every better and longer lasting.

It has a velvet texture and it's completely matte which is good because I want my mattes to stay matte. It even lasts in humid, hot, sticky, sweaty weather!

No more creasing for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by roroluca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow, I was impressed by this eyeshadow base once I received a small sample of this at Sephora. I had never used much eyeshadow at all before using this eyeshadow base but I don't even want to try any other kind for two reasons: 1) I still have PLENTY of this remaining after daily use for almost 8 months and 2) it works SO WELL.

Now I have very oily skin. Seriously, even applying a light layer of Milk of Magnesia doesn't keep the oils at bay after the first 2 hours. My eyelids are no different - even light washes of light-colored eyeshadows crease on me and eyeliner fade SO FAST without primers on my lid! Fortunately for me, I already had a sample of this eyeshadow base so I didn't need to try out various drugstore versions (and possibly be disappointed) before I discovered this gem.

From personal experience I can tell you that this will last overnight and that I even like taking a bit of this base and applying it onto my brows (I have very sparse, light-colored brow hairs) so my brow pencil's pigment actually stays on my brows for the whole day. amazing. I would actually like to try the E.L.F eyeshadow primer someday too because I've heard good anecdotes about that. But I'll buy that once I run out of this baby which probably won't be until another year or two later!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by EmJems

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I a really surprised how well this product lasted. I received a sachet sample from the nars sales assistant and I haven't looked back! This primer managed to keep my black eyeshadow in place all day with out creasing! Which is almost a miracle. I also use this through my eyebrows to hold the colour in place which it does all day.
I do think it is on the pricey side but it does the job so it is well worth the money and I also use so little of the product that I estimate that this should last me a long time, especially as I don't wear shadows daily.
Con I don't like the packaging it is starting to get a little dirty looking in my make up case.
Go and buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by so_siqqq

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was out of Primer Potion and decided to give this a try since one of my favorite Youtubers uses this. I think it works just as well as Primer Potion, but what I like so much about this is that it dries transparent and when I apply this to my lower lashline it does not make my undereye area look dry. The packaging is nice too because the doe-foot applicator does not apply too much product. The only downside for me is the price, which is $24 for 0.26 oz.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 12:34:00 PM More reviews by valskuiken

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is amazing and the only e/s primer that works throughout a workday - workout for me. It just holds everything in place like nothing else. I don't use the wand to apply because for it gets smudgy, but I apply a very thin even coat with my fingertip.

Not cheap, but already been lasting me 2 months and still have so much left. I will never use any other e/s primer again.