December 22, 2014 | 1908 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sigma - F80 Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki (was SS197)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 11:50:00 PM More reviews by cupcake8585

this brush is awesome!i use it for my foundation and it blends really well onto my face

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 12:06:00 PM More reviews by amvill77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE this brush. I can't get enough of it. I bought it in the set of 3..the synthetic face set. I recommend that EVERYONE get this set of 3 brushes. It's pretty much necessary, imo. It applies makeup so flawlessly. Especially heavier makeups like my Tarte AC balancing foundation. I honestly can't think of anything bad about this brush. It washes well and doesn't shed. It's a must have.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2011 5:16:00 PM More reviews by silentstorm143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush because I heard so many good things about it and I must say I don't care for it to much.
1) The one I bought fell apart on me 6 months later had to contact them about it- good note* they replaced it for me no questions asked.
2) I don't like the way that it applies foundation it packs on way to much and with my dry skin the buffing motion exaggerates my dryness. No airbrushed look for me
3)It sheds even the replacement one

I find I only use this brush for putting on moisturizer and blush nothing else

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 12:58:00 AM More reviews by genelram

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG...everything postitive I've read about this amazing brush is so TRUE! 1) it is exceptionally soft 2) the bristles do not absorb the product so I use much less for each morning's application 4) it applies a nice, even and natural distirbution of foundation to your face for a flawless look and 3) It doesn't shead!!!!!!! This last one was my pet peave with my old brush. It is a must have for application of liquid foundation. I highly recommend this brush and for the price, about $16, you can't beat it. My only concern before I received my Sigma F80 was that the diameter of the brush would be too small, similar to the Sonia Kashuk kabuki flat top brush, but, alas it is the pefect size!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by KBaylie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The hype is true. Great brush. Don't use too much product or you will overload. The key with this brush is simply that less is more.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by trixie1803

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thank goodness for MUA or I don't think I would have ever found this perfect brush. Ordering was super quick, 3-4 days and I had it. I ordered two, one for minerals and one for liquid. I love the price of this brush first of all, below $20, a steal to me.
It's super soft and no odor. I was really getting tired of scratchy, shedding and stinky BM brushes. I wash it with Zwitsal sls free baby soap, shake and squeeze moisture out of it and put brush up in my bathroom cup and it's dry by morning. I have only tried liquid foundation on the back of my hand to see how it looked and my hand looked airbrushed, so I can't wait to try on my face. My minerals buff in well, I don't have to use anymore than I was before. I think my makeup looks better now since I have been using this brush. I just love how soft it is, amazing. Everyone needs this brush, buy two while you are at it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 7:04:00 AM More reviews by sezza899

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I'm absolutely in love with this brush! I never really liked conventional foundation brushes so after hearing some god things about this I decided to purchase it from Sigma. I'm in Australia and firstly I must say that Sigma's customer service and postage was excellent, i have since purchased from them again.
But onto the brush. This brush is awesome, I love the way that it applies my liquid foundation, I noticed the difference as soon as I started using it. Some of my friends even noticed how nice my foundation was looking after I used it.
Unlike most stippling brushes this one is very densely packed which is why it works so well as a buffing brush. Some people that use sheer foundations may have some trouble with this but because by nature, as a stippling brush, it tends to apply foundation sheerer than a normal foundation brush. But I use Revlon Colorstay every now and then, and this works wonders with that. I can get a fairly medium/light coverage with that that still looks amazing.
I have also started using it with Graftobian's HD cream foundations on makeup clients and I must say it works like a dream with cream products as well, the end result is air-brushed skin.
I will definately be buying some more and my friends even want some too!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 1:17:00 AM More reviews by kiwiteddybear

I have 4 of these in total because I'm afraid that I wouldn't have one if they ever discontinue or go up in price!!! Its perfect if you want a heavier coverage with liquid foundation, you can just use it as a stippling brush (skunk brush). Sometimes I like to first apply foundation with a stippling brush first then blend it throughly with the F80, it gives perfect coverage and blending!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2011 9:33:00 PM More reviews by Camila2bits

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is great in making any foundation look like skin, it buffs in liquid foundation like a dream. I always use is, my go to brush, but i noticed that i have to use a bit more foundation to apply it than what i used to used with my flat foundation brush, maybe half a pump more. This brush just seems to absorb it a little bit more than my other brush, but the results make this small imperfection insignificant. truly does make your foundation look HD. This brush just feels so good in your hands. i would recommend this to Anbody.<3

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by mle79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

If it aint broke dont fix it,...right?? I've used my fingers since day 1 of wearing makeup. Ive tried sponges-yuck and tried a foundation brush from BE and I didnt like it. After seeing rave reviews on this brush for liquid foundation application I JUST HAD TO TRY IT. I ordered it from Sigma on a Fri and they didnt ship it out til the following Tues-ugh. Got it Fri. I tried it aaaaannnnd I dont see what the big deal is??? I feel I have so much more control and coverage using my fingers plus its easier to wash my hands then washing a brush. Guess it will be put in my makeup drawer. I really really REALLY wanted to love it like others but, I just dont.. : /