August 1, 2014 | 1937 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sigma - F80 Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki (was SS197)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2011 8:51:00 AM More reviews by slimchicklovesMAC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush after viewing The Fancy Face Blogspot rave about it. She uses it for her foundation and her pics are always flawless. She went on and on about how it blends the foundation perfectly and left her with an airbrush effect. So I thought I would give it a try. I purchased my F80 directly from the Sigma website. It took about 3 days to arrive, which I thought was totally awesome. I also ordered one of the make up bags and it was much larger than I imagined which was a definite plus and I got a free gift. I was expecting and eye shadow sample or lip liner, but no honey!! I got a free full sized eye shadow blending brush (the 224 dupe). I couldn't believe it!!! So I I'm impressed with Sigma and will order from them again.

On with the review:

The F80 is like nothing that MAC has, at all! It is a synthetic fiber brush and it is very dense. It has a flat top and the handle is just right. Not to long, not to short. I have used this brush with both liquid and powder foundations and I must say that although it works wonders with liquid, I'm not impressed with its powder application. I much prefer a fluffy, less dense brush for powders. I have used this with MUFE F&B; MAC Select SPF 15 and Revlon CS. It performed well with all. This brush allows you to stipple and blend. I like stippling with this much better than the 187 or 188, because of the density of the bristles, you have less work to do and the blending is easier and faster. Coastal Scents has a similar brush that I ordered a few months ago. I like the CS brush also, but it is larger than the F80 and their performance is the same. The CS brush is less dense than the F80, which makes it a little better to use with powder products as well. I've washed my F80 several times and have not experienced much shedding, maybe 1 or 2 fibers. One definite plus, despite its density it dries completely overnight.
I rec this brush for anyone that wants a flawless finish done quickly. This is for beginners and pros, plus it's only $16.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2011 8:26:00 AM More reviews by LIFEL1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

My favourite foundation brush of all time...
Even got a backup for it!!
It blends foundation into my skin so well that I don't think I can ever live without it.....Oh the airbrush finish!
The bristles are so soft and so dense, its incredible....is that a new technology of synthetic bristles? I see a lot of this kinda brush these days....

for 16 bucks I think this is an absolute bargain comparing to any of the mac brushes that claims to give a foundation airbrush finish!
the F80 doesn't shed which is a big plus if you compare it to the MAC187 or 109...the later one sheds like crazy!

The only problem i have with this brush is that it takes soooo long to dry... erm... about 2 days?

All in all, I highly recommend this brush for EVERYONE who wants a natural and flawless finish for their foundation!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2011 6:05:00 AM More reviews by serenechew

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Count me in as a fan. I would not be using my MAC 187 anymore for liquid foundation. I find I need less product to apply my foundation using this brush, the end result is smoother. The brush, like many had said, is so soft and dense. Highly recommended.

Edit: I have switched to F84, it's the same thing, just another shape. It gets into the corners of my face and nose better than the flat top F80.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2011 5:17:00 AM More reviews by tamaracpope

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was on the search for a new foundation brush, i have been using the body shop foundation brush for the last 5 or so years. I thought that all foundation brushes were like this and you had to 'paint' your foundation on and there was no way to apply it but to have that streaky affect afterwards. Until i looked on youtube and read other reviews on here to find out about the Sigma F80, at $16 + postage i thought it was a very reasonable price. I was impressed with the packaging, and so far im blown away by how easy and flawlessly this brush applys my foundation. I stipple my estee lauder double wear on my face with the F80 using the back of my hand as a palette. I find that i dont need much product and the application is very easy and only takes a minute. I love the way this makes my foundation look, natural yet covers everything. I have washed my brush before bed with shampoo and it was dry and ready to go by the morning. So far i have nothing to complain about and hopefully i won't. A very happy customer, sigma solved my streaky face :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2011 4:54:00 AM More reviews by chooch23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my second brush for blending my foundation. I bought the MAC 187 brush and seemed to work well. But with all the reviews on the Sigma F80 I decided to spend the $16 bucks and see what this brush had to offer. OMG!!! I love this brush the bristles are so soft and dense. I love how this brush feels when I'm blending my foundation. I couldn't be happier. I could just run this brush across my face and be completley happy :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by LesleyG

love love love this brush. Sigma is so awesome! I love F80 way more than their foundation brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 9:08:00 PM More reviews by southernbellecouture

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a definite HG product/tool in my makeup collection. I use this brush to apply liquid foundation and it is amazing. The finish is great, applies evenly and very smooth. Before purchasing this brush, I used makeup sponges to apply my foundation and they are NO comparison to what this brush can do. LOVE this!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by wildkurls

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is my new obsession for applying liquid foundation. its really dense and soft @ the same time. i really do love this brush, i cannot see my self using another.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by bbydoll703

I really like this brush for applying liquid foundation. It works really well on my face and with the foundation I use. However, my brush has been shedding since day 1. I've washed it like instructed but it still contines to shed. It isn't a cray amount though so I can live with it but that's the only reason I didn't rate it higher.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by MellieTwinkleToes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This brush is amazing!!! so soft and wonderful,
i have only put no to buying again because i dont need to buy another brush unless i lose this one......
will never go back to normal brushes! truly worth what i paid