October 25, 2014 | 1785 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sigma - F80 Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki (was SS197)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 12:58:00 AM More reviews by genelram

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG...everything postitive I've read about this amazing brush is so TRUE! 1) it is exceptionally soft 2) the bristles do not absorb the product so I use much less for each morning's application 4) it applies a nice, even and natural distirbution of foundation to your face for a flawless look and 3) It doesn't shead!!!!!!! This last one was my pet peave with my old brush. It is a must have for application of liquid foundation. I highly recommend this brush and for the price, about $16, you can't beat it. My only concern before I received my Sigma F80 was that the diameter of the brush would be too small, similar to the Sonia Kashuk kabuki flat top brush, but, alas it is the pefect size!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by KBaylie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The hype is true. Great brush. Don't use too much product or you will overload. The key with this brush is simply that less is more.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by trixie1803

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thank goodness for MUA or I don't think I would have ever found this perfect brush. Ordering was super quick, 3-4 days and I had it. I ordered two, one for minerals and one for liquid. I love the price of this brush first of all, below $20, a steal to me.
It's super soft and no odor. I was really getting tired of scratchy, shedding and stinky BM brushes. I wash it with Zwitsal sls free baby soap, shake and squeeze moisture out of it and put brush up in my bathroom cup and it's dry by morning. I have only tried liquid foundation on the back of my hand to see how it looked and my hand looked airbrushed, so I can't wait to try on my face. My minerals buff in well, I don't have to use anymore than I was before. I think my makeup looks better now since I have been using this brush. I just love how soft it is, amazing. Everyone needs this brush, buy two while you are at it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 7:04:00 AM More reviews by sezza899

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I'm absolutely in love with this brush! I never really liked conventional foundation brushes so after hearing some god things about this I decided to purchase it from Sigma. I'm in Australia and firstly I must say that Sigma's customer service and postage was excellent, i have since purchased from them again.
But onto the brush. This brush is awesome, I love the way that it applies my liquid foundation, I noticed the difference as soon as I started using it. Some of my friends even noticed how nice my foundation was looking after I used it.
Unlike most stippling brushes this one is very densely packed which is why it works so well as a buffing brush. Some people that use sheer foundations may have some trouble with this but because by nature, as a stippling brush, it tends to apply foundation sheerer than a normal foundation brush. But I use Revlon Colorstay every now and then, and this works wonders with that. I can get a fairly medium/light coverage with that that still looks amazing.
I have also started using it with Graftobian's HD cream foundations on makeup clients and I must say it works like a dream with cream products as well, the end result is air-brushed skin.
I will definately be buying some more and my friends even want some too!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 1:17:00 AM More reviews by kiwiteddybear

I have 4 of these in total because I'm afraid that I wouldn't have one if they ever discontinue or go up in price!!! Its perfect if you want a heavier coverage with liquid foundation, you can just use it as a stippling brush (skunk brush). Sometimes I like to first apply foundation with a stippling brush first then blend it throughly with the F80, it gives perfect coverage and blending!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2011 9:33:00 PM More reviews by Camila2bits

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is great in making any foundation look like skin, it buffs in liquid foundation like a dream. I always use is, my go to brush, but i noticed that i have to use a bit more foundation to apply it than what i used to used with my flat foundation brush, maybe half a pump more. This brush just seems to absorb it a little bit more than my other brush, but the results make this small imperfection insignificant. truly does make your foundation look HD. This brush just feels so good in your hands. i would recommend this to Anbody.<3

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by mle79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

If it aint broke dont fix it,...right?? I've used my fingers since day 1 of wearing makeup. Ive tried sponges-yuck and tried a foundation brush from BE and I didnt like it. After seeing rave reviews on this brush for liquid foundation application I JUST HAD TO TRY IT. I ordered it from Sigma on a Fri and they didnt ship it out til the following Tues-ugh. Got it Fri. I tried it aaaaannnnd I dont see what the big deal is??? I feel I have so much more control and coverage using my fingers plus its easier to wash my hands then washing a brush. Guess it will be put in my makeup drawer. I really really REALLY wanted to love it like others but, I just dont.. : /

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2011 11:34:00 PM More reviews by EmilyyGrace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Epic brush. Epic. Airbrushed finish x100 on my relatively bad skin. Dense, soft, amazingggg I need to buy a backup for it ASAP and get the rounded kabuki.

But does anyone have any advice for cleaning it? I'm afraid I ruined it washing it :( It's kind of misshapen now and not as soft and I am so so sad.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2011 9:39:00 AM More reviews by yourphatness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great brush for applying liquid foundation, except that I think it's just slightly too dense.. and feels a little too hard on the skin. Like it REALLY buffs the product in, without any streaks or anything.

UPDATE: I must have been out of mind to give this anything less than perfect! Since My last review I have used this brush NON STOP, that is every day! Nothing applies foundation more seamlessly and more flawlessly. I've used other synthetic brushes (streaky), fingers (uneven), sponges (absorbs a lot of product). I am able to apply foundation quickly, blend perfectly, and using less product.
A must in any makeup kit.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2011 8:51:00 AM More reviews by slimchicklovesMAC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush after viewing The Fancy Face Blogspot rave about it. She uses it for her foundation and her pics are always flawless. She went on and on about how it blends the foundation perfectly and left her with an airbrush effect. So I thought I would give it a try. I purchased my F80 directly from the Sigma website. It took about 3 days to arrive, which I thought was totally awesome. I also ordered one of the make up bags and it was much larger than I imagined which was a definite plus and I got a free gift. I was expecting and eye shadow sample or lip liner, but no honey!! I got a free full sized eye shadow blending brush (the 224 dupe). I couldn't believe it!!! So I I'm impressed with Sigma and will order from them again.

On with the review:

The F80 is like nothing that MAC has, at all! It is a synthetic fiber brush and it is very dense. It has a flat top and the handle is just right. Not to long, not to short. I have used this brush with both liquid and powder foundations and I must say that although it works wonders with liquid, I'm not impressed with its powder application. I much prefer a fluffy, less dense brush for powders. I have used this with MUFE F&B; MAC Select SPF 15 and Revlon CS. It performed well with all. This brush allows you to stipple and blend. I like stippling with this much better than the 187 or 188, because of the density of the bristles, you have less work to do and the blending is easier and faster. Coastal Scents has a similar brush that I ordered a few months ago. I like the CS brush also, but it is larger than the F80 and their performance is the same. The CS brush is less dense than the F80, which makes it a little better to use with powder products as well. I've washed my F80 several times and have not experienced much shedding, maybe 1 or 2 fibers. One definite plus, despite its density it dries completely overnight.
I rec this brush for anyone that wants a flawless finish done quickly. This is for beginners and pros, plus it's only $16.