Maybelline Super Stay 24 Hour Concealer

3.3

Aqua/Water/Eau, Isododecane, Propylene Glycol, Diisocetyl Dodecanedioate, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Nylon 12, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Talc, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Propylene Carbonate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Methylparaben, Polysorbate 20, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, May Contain (+/-): (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)

on 11/4/2010 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this concealer, it's the best one i've tried so far. It doesn't dry out or sink into fine lines, It covers my dark circles really well and manages to blend into any foundation i use.
10/10 :)

Maybelline Super Stay 24 Hour Concealor is very pigmented, opaque, dries fast, and has decent staying power unless it rains or unless your skin is extremely greasy (I have combination skin). I like the thin consistency because it feels weightless on my face. I like the wand applicator because it allows me to control how much I want to use. I think that some people might have problems blending this concealor because of how fast it dries, but if you apply a little (a LITTLE) at a time and tap it onto your face with warm fingers to blend it out, it should not be a problem. If you want more coverage, just apply over the same area until you are satisfied... well, this is the application method that satisfies me. If you have very dry skin, this may look cakey unless you are applying it over moisturiser... but then it might slide off.

There were only a few shades of this concealor at my local Priceline but "cream" seems to match my light olive-undertoned skin. For reference I also like MAC's Select Cover-up in NC20 but I find that the Maybelline has more staying power. I have, at times, only worn this concealor over sunblock and been complimented on my complexion. So I guess it's a good match for my skin tone.

Super Stay Concealor is very similar to Maybelline Great Wear Concealor, which I used in the 1990s. I was very upset when it was discontinued. The main difference between Super Stay and Great Wear is that you get so little product these days. The tube is much smaller than the Great Wear tube. So cost per wear, it's actually cheaper to use MAC.

And finally, if you are using this to cover blemishes, this concealor does not contain cyclopentasiloxane! I am very happy about that because my skin can not tolerate cyclopentasiloxane, it just makes my blemishes worse.

3/12/10: I bought a back-up of this concealor. I don't usually buy back-ups so I guess I really like this stuff!

on 10/25/2010 5:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

make sure your skin is very well moisturized before using this concealer. it applies so thick, that i use a concealer brush to pull the product off the supplied wand. LESS IS MORE with this item....too much will result in cakey spots that can be difficult to fix. staying power was "meh" -definitely not 24 hours.

on 10/25/2010 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is a great opaque concealer. This works great on my dark undereye circles and hyperpigmentation spots and it does not break me out which is a HUGE plus. This can be a bit drying so if you use it under your eyes, I would recommend using a moisturizing eye cream first. Although this has decent staying power, I don't know if I would say that it lasts 24 hours. After about 6-7 hours of wear, it does cake on me and it's fairly noticeable. I will continue to repurchase this because of the great coverage it provides and for the fact that it's so difficult to find facial products that do not break me out.

on 10/23/2010 7:50:00 AM

Great for blemishes, not so great for under-eye circles. I bought this in a pinch after my suitcase was lost and was pleasantly surprised. Its too dry for undereyes, but it covers spots and blemishes very well and the wear is impressive. It doesn't break me out, which is hard to find. Similar to other reviewers, the Ivory is too light and the Cream is a tiny bit too dark for my pale yellow skin. I solve this by putting my powder foundation over it and not using too much. Cream is still lighter than the palest shades of most concealers All-in-all, a dependable, effective concealer for non-eye areas.

on 9/30/2010 11:05:00 AM

I love this product. I've been using this product for 5 months now all i can say it's awesome. i use it for my dark spots, blemishes and especially dark cicles. I would definitely repurchase this product, its very light on my face. I used so many concealers that i never really loved, but this is the product thats great for me! =)

on 9/19/2010 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I have this in the shade cream , I bought it for concealing my under eye circles which are dark and really make me look tired. I dont cake it on just take a little and smoth it around both eyes. It is thick and a little goopey. The coverage is good and brightens the undereye area. The problem is after a little while, maybe an hour or two it cakes up, and creases. For awhile I was loving it, but then I went to the makeup counter to get some powder and I saw how cakey it appeared and I had never noticed. I think its great in a pinch if I dont have another concealer, but since it doesnt last long(even with a setting powder) it really defeats its name 24 hour superstay.

on 9/7/2010 7:56:00 PM

I bought both Ivory and Cream as I was unsure which colour would work for my complexion. For reference I wear MAC NC15, Cover Girl Smoothers TM in Fair-Light, Tarte Smooth Operator in Agent 00, Rimmel 100, Cover Girl or Maybelline Classic Ivory, and Revlon in either Ivory or Buff.
Both shades were a flop for me. The Ivory shade looked very white and obvious, while the Cream looked very orange and artificial. The formula dries very quickly and I had to work extremely fast before it set. Left my under eyes looking dry, cakey, and emphasized my fine lines. Even with different moisturizers, primers, and mixing both shades together to achieve a colour match failed.
I'm glad others are enjoying this concealer, but for me it just didn't work.

on 9/6/2010 7:52:00 PM

It does a fairly good job at concealing flaws but I gave a 3 because
it does not work well for covering undereye.
I have dry skin so when I apply it under my eye to conceal dark circles, it becomes a bit flaky and I can see my wrinkles more clearly which is bad....I wouldn't buy it again because I desperately need to cover up my horrible dark circles.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Hmm. I do like this, but recently I've had some photos taken wearing it, and it photographs *really* poorly, so I'm confused as to what to do. Do I actually look like a hosebeast all the time in it, and just didn't know? Or why does it make me look like I have applied white under my eyes and then there's the rest of my face? I bought and have been using the ivory. That's not an odd choice for me, I'm so pale we hardly need bedside lamps and I'm pretty much guaranteed to be the lightest color in any brand unless it's like theater makeup or similar. Again, I *thought* this was a good choice, but got photographed at my baby shower recently and YEESH. I actually had seen it before in some pregnancy photos my husband took but thought it was a fluke. I had even asked him if that's how it looked in real life, and he expressed that he too thought the photos looked odd, and that no, that's not how it looks in real life.

SO! I bought the next shade up (cream?) last night and am going to try that out. On my hand it was a bit darker than I'd like but under my eyes I actually liked the match better than the ivory. I'm thinking that for around my nose, etc, I will finish up the several bottles of ivory I have stocked up (curiously the white effect didn't show up too much there, maybe just because I need less there) and then see if I need to use two shades (annoying!) or just can stick with cream. I will say that one of the reasons I like and have continued to use this concealer is that it doesn't separate around my nose as many concealers have done in the past, even after a long day of wear. So I really hope that moving up one shade will fix my issues with this, because I like it but don't like thinking that I've accidentally made myself into a crazy looking person without realizing it! (For a year!)