TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

4.6

Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491.

on 12/13/2012 10:44:00 AM

Love this product! You can keep it subtle by applying just a little tiny bit, or go heavier for a night out. It's a beautiful product. Very shimmery (not glittery) so if you like shimmer you will like this. Adorable packaging, too!

on 12/11/2012 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I'm just too oily for highlighters, but I can see how this could be HG status for some. I would prefer if it were more finely milled, it's a bit heavy. Guess I have a giant eyeshadow now!

on 12/11/2012 2:24:00 PM

I got it because i watched the a GossMakeupArtist video about highlighters and i was looking for one, so i finally got it. Nice color that looks very natural and perfect for every day use. The other good thing is the amount of product you get for the price, i think it will last me all my life. My only problem is it very pigmented and hard to apply the right amount of product, you have to be very careful and don't overdo it.

on 12/8/2012 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Bought for 1/2 price which impacts my review. Basically, this was an add to my make up kit that I do not need (I have JM illuminator and other illuminators....but this had a high review)

I like the packaging, I like the product, lovely for parties, going out, evening, day highlighting of inner corners of eyes.

Too much glitter for me for an everyday look (I like the no make up barely applied make up).

Excellent though.

I like everything I have ever purchased from theBALM and love the TM as well.

The quality is high, the cost (I get for half) very reasonable, the amount you get is HUGE, the look is subtle a not in your face product that is versatile

Although I gave it a "4" for overall rating, and it's a good product, next time I will go back to liquid highlighter. I find them easier to control during application and more natural looking (my cheekbones aren't the best to work with). I adore the retro packaging but I have a hard time controlling the application with a brush and not have all those little mica chips sitting in my fine lines around the eye socket. I think for a younger woman this would be a great thing to carry around for nighttime: a little dusting on your cheekbones, decolletage...all the things that are sagging on me.

on 12/6/2012 5:46:00 PM

OK so this is the first day I wear it. I bought it off Hautelook, so a little cheaper than if i would have bought it at Ulta or thebalm.com.. I am a HUGE fan of highlighters. I have been using some treatments to treat acne and my face has been doing really good lately so I use highlighter to give me a more glowy, healthy appearance. I am wearing this to work today and O M G. it is the most BEAUTIFUL shade i've ever had. And mind you I am a makeup junkie. I have Nars-Albatross, (too yellow), Mac-Pearl cream base, OK but too much of a hassle, MAC-soft & gentle it;'s ok but you can see the specks of glitter, (Too faced- bunny highlighter, the highlighter is ok, but it's hard to just grab one color, the list goes on..
this is the BEST color, texture, appearance, everything! i'm so happy i came across the reviews for this because it is my new fave! oh and i'm wearing it on my brow bone and it gives the most beautiful glow ever!

on 12/6/2012 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Ok, so a little backstory: I'm not a huge fan of blush, in fact, even though I wear all other types of makeup I rarely wear it. So lately I've been trying to make myself utilize the very few blushes that I do have, especially since I've seen a lot of looks lately where blush actually looks beautiful, is well applied, and is not too loud or artificial looking (this last one being my biggest turnoff when it comes to blush). Then I started noticing the additional use of highlighters/luminizers on people who have applied them very well. It looks so beautiful so I decided to do some research and TheBalm's Mary-Lou Manizer kept coming up in the things I was reading. That, coupled with the great reviews here and this year's 40% off Cyber Monday sale at TheBalm, made me bite the bullet. I am certainly glad I did! Mary-Lou is such a beautiful, luminous sheen -- suitable for any skintone -- when applied properly. I think it's actually also a great bargain, considering the amount you get (a lot) versus the amount you actually use (very little). When it was time for me to remove my makeup the first time I wore it and I looked in the mirror, I was so pleased with the way my face looked, even hours after I'd first applied it. It had such a beautiful glow, I didn't want to remove my makeup! Excellent product.

on 12/6/2012 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

ALL TIME FAVE HIGHLIGHTER! It's smooth and almost creamy in consistency and the color is perfect. It can also be used on the inner corners of your eyes and on the brow bone. The shimmer is finely milled, so you don't have to worry about looking like a glitter bomb. It's refined, sophisticed, and classy. Packaging is cute and you get a lot of product that will last forever. LOVE!

on 11/28/2012 9:38:00 AM

LOVE this highlighter! The quality is wonderful..very smooth powder that is very easy to work with, plus a little goes a long way so this container will last a long time!! Use this along brow bone, in the corners of my eyes and to highlight my cheekbones..really brightens with just looking overly shimmery or like your trying to highlight. This is my first product from TheBalm, but I definitely want more!

on 11/24/2012 2:40:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Wow I didnít even realize this was one of muaís top rated highlighters! Lol I got this such a long time ago that there was not this many commenters. Gosh if I remember correctly when I got this I was planning on using it as any eyeshadow and for the brow bone. Over time I found this is such a lovely night time highlighter when you need that extra oomph!! It brightens up your whole eyes if you place this in the corners of your eyes, gosh I could rave about this all day long. Its just so great and extremely versatile since this is not just a highlighter but yet an eye shadow and shimmer all put together in a cute retro package. I have purchased 3 products from the balm and not one of them has let me down :)

Top Rated TheBalm Products