September 16, 2014 | 1811 users online

Highlighters - TheBalm - Mary-Lou Manizer

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2012 8:16:00 AM More reviews by nycpari

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

After hearing so many raves about this product on YouTube I had to give it a go. I had previously been using MAC's Soft and Gentle as a highlighter which I really loved but it was a bit glitterbomb-y for me during the day. Mary-Lou Manizer is finely milled and absolutely gorgeous, even on my darker skin tone (NC44). the ONLY issue I have with it is I haven't found the perfect brush to apply it with to the cheekbones. My tapered blush brush is too dense and the product doesn't seem to blend out well. You really have to be light handed when applying! It works great as a highlighter on the eyes and down the bridge of the nose as well, and looks subtle during the day. Great packaging and amount of product for what you pay--highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2012 3:27:00 AM More reviews by KandEandS

HG for me! I put this on top of my matte blush gives it a glow thats out of this world! brightens your face and it just look amazing!

I love how pigmented this product is. Not much of a fan putting this one as an eyeshadow but as a highlighter (browbone area) quite pretty. I have a medium skin-tone so it shows off the champagne color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by MoMo25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the most natural highlighter I have ever encountered! I have oily-combo skin and this doesn't make me look any more oilier then I naturally am. I use this as any eye shadow, inner corner highlight, on my lips, and on my cheek bones and it just gives a natural glow without looking over done. Perfect!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 12:16:00 AM More reviews by CrosseyedToad

I recently started using TheBALM products and cannot understand why this brand isn't more hyped up. I've loved everything I've tried. As I've found this brand blends amazingly on everything I've tried. I'm pale, nw20 and this is a perfect highlighter for both myself and my 16 year old daughter who is a nc10. My new HG. Before I was crazy about Mac Lightscapade but with it being LE I looked more and found reviews on this and gave it a go. This is even better then my old favorite. It gives such a youthful glow from within look. I love this product.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Cayla29S

I got this because I was looking for the perfect highlighter that did not have sparkles. Unfortunately this did not work out for me. This was too light for my skin. I did try it at the store when I bought it and at the time it looked fine but when I tried it on with full make up on I couldn't get it to blend with my skin tone. I'm an NC 45 and it claims to be universally flattering but I don't think so. It also made my upper cheeks look drier than usual.

I know you can use it as an eye shadow but the texture for me is a bit chalky. I might play around with it since I cannot return it but for now it's been sitting in my kit since I got it.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 9:18:00 AM More reviews by SAA2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in looooooooooooooooooooooooooooove!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
best highlighter ever !
and it looks very natural and healthy.. I just love it!
I would buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by goldenbrown

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE THIS. Glowy and beautiful skin, love it far more than Dior Amber Diamond. It looks quite like Nars copacabana but doesn't get all greasy or totally wear off. It looks ethereal and makes me look gorgeous, wear it everyday! It's an obvious glow, but not tacky, sparkly or overly shimmery. I am ppp, cool and I find Nars Albatross too yellowy gold though it's a nice glow. Dior Amber Diamond was not glowy enough and was also too warm toned, this is a shimmery brownish silver but it looks beautiful on me and suits my skintone :). I also found Benefits highbeam much too shimmery, I like a nice apparent glow, without glitter or shimmer and this gives it to me! This is the most natural yet glowing of all of the highlighters I have tried.

I lost this. I have like Kevyn Aucoin's highlighter (nice but not glowy enough!), Benefit's High Beam (too shiny), Nars Copacabana (beautiful but then turns greasy!), some Becca shimmer powder (bleh!), Nars Albatross (too golden) and I NEED to buy another of this! This is like the one mu product I miss :(!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 3:57:00 AM More reviews by linlalalala

This is my first review. I cannot help it because this product is highly recommended!
I'm an Asian with yellow undertone & it looks so natural on my skintone!
don't apply too much though. I saw this product has plenty of great reviews and literally went to the nearest store that carries it and purchased this baby! Got to say it is a really good highlighter and I don't think it'll finish within 2 years because we always use a tad bit of it everytime!
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by liladriana07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I saw all these rave review but since there arent any stores that readily carried them, I bought at amazon. It is super fragile, I accidentally dropped at when it arrived by mail and it broke into pieces. The color isnt my favorite, a bit more champagne-gold instead of a white-gold that I prefer. My sister loves to use it though.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2012 8:40:00 PM More reviews by sd03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'll be honest, I do not own many highlighters to compare this to, but I do love it, and don't feel like I *need* anymore...The compact is great, big mirror, sturdy, cute picture...The color is a gold shimmer, it is VERY pigmented so you do not need a lot. I usually don't really wear this in the am to school, because it's a little to much for me, but at night it looks great when going out...All in all I really like it, and would recc.