September 18, 2014 | 2011 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Line Stiletto liquid eyeliner

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2011 11:49:00 PM More reviews by sillylily0204

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to use liquid eyeliner for years but stopped for the last year because I discovered gel and powder liners. I decided to go back this year because the cat eye has been growing on me and I just couldn't achieve certain looks with gel or powder that I used to do with liquid e/l. I got Lancome Artliner but couldn't justify spending $29 on liquid e/l bc it dries out so quickly so I returned it after I did some research to find out the L'oreal Lineur Intense and Maybelline Stiletto e/l have the same applicator I loved from the Artliner. Now, these two e/l are my go-to if I got an extra minute to spare. The pigmentation in this Maybelline is slightly less than the L'oreal e/l but color pay offs are still very impressive, barely less than what Artliner showed IMO. Oh yeah, and staying power for the Maybelline, L'oreal, and Lancome e/l are all the SAME. I did a test of all 3, which resulted in all 3 staying from 8am to 8pm - on my hooded eyes and through a tough workout session too! And if you like e/l that's easy to come off, this is for you. Washing off is very easy with my facewash, no heavy duty make up remover necessary.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2011 11:03:00 PM More reviews by ShimmerySarah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really think this is the bomb, except I wish it was a bit more pigmented...but other than that, it's wonderful for lining the eyes. You definitely need a steady hand when lining, but practice makes perfect and all in all, this is a great liquid liner for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 8:54:00 PM More reviews by lucybooboo9701

Omg i love this eyeliner!!!!! I have always had trouble applying liquid liner like i could NEVER get a straight line.... using this eyeliner was the easiest thing i have ever done! the felt tip makes it sooooooo easy to apply and the colour is such a rich dark black.... this is my new HG eyeliner! I love it to pieces! (sorry to many exclamation marks but i seriously love it) Dont listen to any bad reviews out there they applied it wrong.... if u r reading this review just go buy this eyeliner already

Pros
Blackest black you will find
longwearing (6hours of school + 2 hour lacrosse practice + dinner out) and it looked like i had just applyed it
Love the wand
so easy to apply

Cons
honestly i havent found a con yet.... maybe that it drys around the cap a little and its on the pricier end of drugstore but thats about it....

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Smilingapple

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this eyeliner in blackest black
PROS:
Easy to use
Easy to clean off
GREAT for beginners
Good applicator
Actually looks black
I found that it didn't really flake the first month I used it
Lasts quite a while (I wear a heavy amount eyeliner everyday and it lasted me 3 months)
Cons:
A lot of eyeliner dried off at the top of the applicator
Starts flaking during the second month
Kinda expensive for a drugstore eyeliner imo

But other than that it is a really good eyeliner for first timers! Definitely worth the money

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2011 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Neume

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After about a two year hiatus from liquid eyeliners, I figured I'd give them a go again. I liked Revlon Colorstay's liquid liner because it stayed on forever, but the brush was too fat for thin lines and precise application. I'd heard good things about this one, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

I love the brush. It's very easy to get thin lines, and it's the only liner in general that easily and flawlessly lines the inner corner of my eyes. It's very easy to control and doesn't goober up like the Revlon one would sometimes do.

My only gripe is that the formula is a little too thin. If I go over a part I already lined before it dries (and it does take a while to do so), it'll end up smearing away the original line. This can make things a little tedious because I need to re-do it if I'm not careful. So for monolids, this will not be for you - it'll transfer fairly easily to your lid.

When it DOES dry though, I found it to be very long lasting through a 12 hour work day. I've cried with it on, and it doesn't run. It comes off fairly easily with makeup remover.

So overall, it's a repurchase for me. But if I can find a better formula with a similar brush, I'll likely switch.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2011 4:40:00 PM More reviews by coursoncharm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my favorite liquid liner. I have it in brownish black and its perfect for daytime on my fair skin - not as harsh. I love the flexible felt tip. I usually have trouble applying liquid liners because my lashes are naturally curly and the wand tickles my lashes, but the flexible tip is perfect. I can do perfect winged liner in seconds. Really cut down the time I spend applying liner (and with a 3 month old, every second counts). Love love love !

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2011 9:08:00 PM More reviews by saujun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

great deep black colour. but felt tip did not come to a point - difficult to achieve perfect winged eyeliner look. and formula gets clumpy around the bottle neck and collects on the felt tip. i regret getting this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Marchoiness88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Seriously, why the he'll won't this liquid eyeliner dry? It's too wet and it smudges like crazy. The only thing I did like about the product was the brush. I threw out the bottom and kept the brush for my gel eyeliners. Makes it easy to apply. Horrible, nothing like what the YouTube reviews say

Update***
This has become my HG eyeliner. I recommend taking some off with a tissue. After that, your golden. Stays on for an entire shift at my job and even in the summer. I was so wrong about this eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 4:24:00 AM More reviews by britt94

I am in love with this eyeliner. It's one of the few products I use that I buy consistently. I've been a regular user for over a year now. It's perfect for getting a very precise line. Plus, it lasts ALL day and the intensity of the color is great. I use black or very black and it's not too much because it creates such a perfect line. I wouldn't recommend using it for the lower lash line because it wants to mix with the water from your eye and has to dry. I have done it before and as long as you fan your eyes and let it dry, it will last. Best I've ever used!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by stephanielove13

This eyeliner is too watery and takes forever to dry. I drew a line on my hand to see how long and it took over a minute. If I rub it, it smears or flakes off. Maybe I got my hopes too high on this because my friend recommended it. My eyelid kind of folds over so it transfers to that when I look forward or look up. So I have to look down for a while to let it dry which bugs me sometimes. I don't use this that often, unless I have enough time to wait for it to dry. Maybe it's just on my eyelids because they fold over. For those that don't have that, it'll probably be really nice for you. I do like how it is a nice, dark black color, though and applying is quite easy. The packaging is also really nice.