August 28, 2014 | 1096 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Dark Angels

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2009 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Carolion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Now THIS is a scrub! I just got a sample of this when I was picking up some Herbalism (my usual scrub/mask). This stuff is intense! Go gently with this one, it's seriously exfoliating. My skin felt incredibly smooth and clean afterward, and I didn't look red or irritated at all after use. It makes a bit of a mess, so I use it in the shower. I'll definitely be purchasing the full size of this to alternate with my Herbalism.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2009 9:16:00 PM More reviews by marsbarsx3

I think you misunderstand what glycerin is. Glycerin is basically the by-product of soap making, which does help make your skin soft and stuff, but it is removed from high end cleansers, making them worth their value. If you removed the glycerin it wouldn't just be a lump of coal ..... the actual soap is the sodium sterate which is the part that holds the oils and etc.. I believe the comment below just means that she would prefer better quality soap for the price she is paying. ( aka removal of glycerin). I would say some of the Lush products are a bit pricey in the US. I just order them off the UK webbie which is better. I do like the smell of this product. I would definitely purchase this again, although I wish there was more everytime!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2009 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Tlee

The review below this is... odd. There is no reason to take glycerin out of a soap. Some very popular soaps are made entirely of glycerin (Pears, Neutrogena clear bar). Glycerin attracts and holds moisture, and is not an irritant. Many moisturizers have glycerin as a major ingredient.

Dark Angels without the glycerin would be mostly... um, scratchy charcoal. Glycerin provides the "slip" that makes this exfoliant more comfortable to use.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2009 2:57:00 PM More reviews by jjkrh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product!!! Makes your face so smooth and you will be literally glowing. I agree with another reviewer, it is what I consider to be a harsher scrub. You really don't need to rub it in...swirling is key. Sure it is a dark scrub and will make your sink dirty, but a few swipes of water takes care of that. I am very oily and my skin does better with this than angels on bare skin. I suggest going to the counter and getting samples (if you can) before you buy. However, I must say, I am completely satisfied with this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2009 6:35:00 PM More reviews by angelakay016

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have actually been using this one as a mask since I already have a scrub I use; just get a little chunk and add a tiny bit of water to make it a paste and smooth over your face. I wear it for 10 minutes, but I don't have sensitive skin so that may be too long for some people. I had used an Origins charcoal mask in the past but was not impressed, this on the other hand is awesome! My skin glows after using it and it has really helped to clear up a lot of congestion around my nose. I have a packed full container that was $14 and I think it's a great value, seeing as how I could drop $30 on a mask from Bliss or some other HE brand and get half the uses out of it. Also, with this you can control the consistency by adding more or less water. This one is an all around winner and I will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2009 1:42:00 PM More reviews by stanzi

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, I do love the name! Very Gothic. I have oily skin that reacts badly to certain ingredients and can be a bit delicate (split personality!). I need to use Dark Angels with care, since it is *very* abrasive. I've been mixing it with a dab of Angels on Bare Skin, and using it 2x a week; or using it by itself, very gently, once a week. I just pat it on and rinse it off, "swirling" it over the skin a bit. Caution: no actual scrubbing is necessary! I also need to wait a bit before applying any products afterwards, because it sensitizes my face for a few minutes. And I may not be able to use it in dry winter weather. Overall, I think I'm better off with AOBS or Ocean Salt, but if you have a thicker skin than I do, you should give Dark Angels a try.EDITED: I'm upgrading this to 4 lippies, because it does such a great job of deep-cleaning and smoothing my skin! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2009 7:03:00 PM More reviews by idontknowmomo

This product is very nice. I love the smell of it and the consistency after I add a bit of water and massage it onto my face. I only use it about once a week, because it seems kind of pricey. Makes my skin feel so soft!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2009 8:30:00 PM More reviews by withdiamonds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product really works wonders. It's a dark black, crumbly substance that is extremely abrasive (not for sensitive skin!!). I have really temperamental skin so I just use this once a week, but after I use it my skin feels so....clean! It's really difficult to describe the results that one gets from using this product. It reminds me of lava rock (not as painful of course) and cleans up blackheads and breakouts while softening your skin. I apply using just a little on a spongelike pad and rub quickly in little circles. I love it and, although I am no fan of Lush's pricing, I think this product lives up to the price. It's very quality and a little goes a long way :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2009 4:38:00 PM More reviews by flowersfade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE dark angels. i alternate between using this and angels on bare skin throughout the week. it's too rough for my skin to handle it on a daily basis but the dark angel days are my favorite! i don't notice much of a scent, and it does make a mess of the sink, but it works so well. after use my skin is noticeably brighter and SO soft.

my skin is pretty normal, i have an occasional bout with oiliness or dryness and maybe one pimple a month. this doesn't dry me out and i do believe it helps control oil, but given the fact that my skin doesn't have any major problems in the first place it's hard to say what skin type this would be best for. my skin loves it though.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2009 4:33:00 PM More reviews by wiresinhisheart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

i used dark angels for probably six months or so and while it helped with the scarring i had from acne to the point that it almost completely faded and my skin was perfectly smooth, ive realised it is just too harsh to use on my skin and actually dried my skin out which caused it to look aged for a while. i also feel like the exfoliating particles are just too big and jagged to be used on delicate facial skin.
the packaging is not very good either, if you use it in the shower the pot can easily get water in it, causing the face scrub to go soggy and horrible, but there isnt really another way it can be packaged conveniently.