October 24, 2014 | 1306 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Dark Angels

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2009 12:20:00 AM More reviews by illeyad

I feel like the party pooper because this product was a red light for me. I thought since Coal Face was a failure for me, this would be the new and improved version to try.

PROS: (1) love the scent of liquorice (2) It is easy to crumble f a piece and use a precise measure amount on skin.

CONS: (1) The packaging is terrible, it a clear plastic container. A shallow black pot would have been better and easier to use. (2) it broke me out, as did coal face. (3) It was too drying. (4) irritated my skin.

I am not sure what it is in this product that bothers my skin so much, it could be the coal itself, or some of the oils used. However my skin is simply not compatible with it, Mask f Magnaminty has proven to be a better alternative for me
Happy Shopping

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2009 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Autumn13

What a wonderful cleanser!! And, if you haven't tried it, I say run, don't walk, to your nearest Lush store. After reading the reviews, I was more than happy to try it since my current cleaner is so-so. So, the first time I used it, it was amazing. My face was so soft, clean and glowing. Never had a cleanser do that before but I wanted to wait and see what happens after a week. Well, it's over a week and my face is sooooooooooo soft and the texture so different from last week. We are talking baby's bum. I have a 3-yr old and I should know. My husband, who loves me dearly and allows me to purchase to my heart's desire, no matter what I look like on same days, actually commented on how my face felt really soft and "bright". I told him glowing? And, he said, yes. He thought I was you know expecting. I said no! I told him that it was that black coal smelling glob in the funky looking container. Well, he wanted to know where I got it because he wanted to buy me more.:-)

I use DAC in the shower so no mess and I just mix a very small amount with very little water to make a thick paste. It's very grainy and can feel a slight tingly when I rub too hard, so be gentle. I hadn't tried it as a mask. I can pretty much gauge that the amount of DAC I have, since it's sold by weight, will last me about over 3 months if I use it daily. I paid $17. Doing the math, that would be 18 cents a day. 18 cents a day for a compliment from my husband, that's not too shabby. Maybe on those days that I have to deep condition my hair, I'll give the mask thing a twirl as per previous poster. :-)

Update: 7/27/09: Forgot to mention that I mix Dark Angel with very little wate in a small dish to make the paste and take it with me in the shower. This will help with those that are having trouble with using their hands to create the paste. After I wash my hair and place a small amount of conditioner, I let the conditioner do its thing and then I use Dark Angel. After a minute or two, I wash off the conditioner and Dark Angel at the same time. No fuss, no mess. I hope this helps a bit.BTW: the texture of my face is so even and soft that I can't help but touch it more often than before. Even with foundation, powder and blush, my face is still very soft. Dark Angel is worth its weight in gold.

15 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2009 10:47:00 PM More reviews by brassdancer

oh my GOD I love this stuff!!!! I got this as a sample, and will most definetly get this in full size. Its just enough exfoliation for me, and doesnt scrape off my face! It leaves my face moisturized but clean feeling after I am done. My only gripe is it is SUPER messy, but I use it in the shower so it isn't a problem. I definetly recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2009 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Lafina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this! It's just like Coal face but in clay form. Smells just as good and is just a bit more scrubby, which I love. Much more exfoliating. A little more messy but so worth it. Left my face squeaky clean!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2009 3:07:00 AM More reviews by swinechimp

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, I saw this in the store when I popped in to buy some deodorant. I have used Angels on Bare Skin in the past, and though I like the smell and the concept, I just didn't feel that it did anything for my skin. Now Dark Angels, which smells like licorice, acts as both an exfoliant (and a hard core one at that) and a face mask. I don't use it every day--more like three days a week--but I like the way the cleanser leaves my skin feeling deep-down clean. Like almost every other Lush product, the cleanser does leave a mess.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2009 4:46:00 PM More reviews by ronib19

Let me start by saying that what i LOVE about lush is that you get loads of free samples!!

I went today to buy some 'Angels on Bare Skin' and i've recently broken out with a couple of pimples and used nearly every spot cream to get rid of them and its DRIED my skin up! so the sales advisor gave me loads of free samples to try out diffeent clensers to see which would suit my skin as it differs...(my skin changes alot)

Ive just literally washed my fash 20mins ago with Dark Angels and my skin has never felt so CLEAN!!! Yes it is a little messy but you'll get use to it! Its totally worth the money...forget garnier scrubs, the apricot scrubs and the clean and clear scrubs and TRY THIS ONE!

Also if you don't want to spend the money then ask for a free sample to try it out...im sure they'll give you one :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2009 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Carolion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Now THIS is a scrub! I just got a sample of this when I was picking up some Herbalism (my usual scrub/mask). This stuff is intense! Go gently with this one, it's seriously exfoliating. My skin felt incredibly smooth and clean afterward, and I didn't look red or irritated at all after use. It makes a bit of a mess, so I use it in the shower. I'll definitely be purchasing the full size of this to alternate with my Herbalism.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2009 9:16:00 PM More reviews by marsbarsx3

I think you misunderstand what glycerin is. Glycerin is basically the by-product of soap making, which does help make your skin soft and stuff, but it is removed from high end cleansers, making them worth their value. If you removed the glycerin it wouldn't just be a lump of coal ..... the actual soap is the sodium sterate which is the part that holds the oils and etc.. I believe the comment below just means that she would prefer better quality soap for the price she is paying. ( aka removal of glycerin). I would say some of the Lush products are a bit pricey in the US. I just order them off the UK webbie which is better. I do like the smell of this product. I would definitely purchase this again, although I wish there was more everytime!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2009 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Tlee

The review below this is... odd. There is no reason to take glycerin out of a soap. Some very popular soaps are made entirely of glycerin (Pears, Neutrogena clear bar). Glycerin attracts and holds moisture, and is not an irritant. Many moisturizers have glycerin as a major ingredient.

Dark Angels without the glycerin would be mostly... um, scratchy charcoal. Glycerin provides the "slip" that makes this exfoliant more comfortable to use.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2009 2:57:00 PM More reviews by jjkrh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product!!! Makes your face so smooth and you will be literally glowing. I agree with another reviewer, it is what I consider to be a harsher scrub. You really don't need to rub it in...swirling is key. Sure it is a dark scrub and will make your sink dirty, but a few swipes of water takes care of that. I am very oily and my skin does better with this than angels on bare skin. I suggest going to the counter and getting samples (if you can) before you buy. However, I must say, I am completely satisfied with this.