November 21, 2014 | 1710 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Dark Angels

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2009 3:52:00 PM More reviews by taskinillusion

I absolutely adore this cleanser and scrub. I've tried so many products and I almost lost hope of finding my HG cleanser...until I found this. However, it is definitely not a gentle cleanser. If you skin is sensitive or was irritated after using Coal face, then don't even think about trying Dark Angels.

I've been using it for 3 weeks and it does everything I hoped: not expensive, leaves my face PERFECTLY clean, cleared my skin, improved my skin texture and it did not make my skin irritated or dry. The only bad things I would have to say is that like most Lush products, it's messy, it has an odd scent and the packaging is quite cheap.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2009 6:23:00 AM More reviews by popejohn3rd

Do not buy this product! I wasted $11 on this. What it appears to be is dirt plain and simple with some oil perhaps olive oil and fragrant oils mixed in. You have to wet your fingers to get this to smear on your face (forget about using it on your body). If you have clothes on, you'll notice flecks of it get on your clothes making you look as if you've been gardening. My skin was irritated with this, and it does not clean well. I first tried this on the whole body in the bath. Not only did it not do anything, but it clogged my tub and I still had body odors! I tried to contact LUSH about my disatisfaction to no avail. You are probably better off getting some powdered charcoal or bentonite clay, mixing with essential oils and doing it that way if you feel you need something like this. Definitely not worth what I paid, and the packaging was really cheap. The oils had leaked all out into the postal service container.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2009 12:20:00 AM More reviews by illeyad

I feel like the party pooper because this product was a red light for me. I thought since Coal Face was a failure for me, this would be the new and improved version to try.

PROS: (1) love the scent of liquorice (2) It is easy to crumble f a piece and use a precise measure amount on skin.

CONS: (1) The packaging is terrible, it a clear plastic container. A shallow black pot would have been better and easier to use. (2) it broke me out, as did coal face. (3) It was too drying. (4) irritated my skin.

I am not sure what it is in this product that bothers my skin so much, it could be the coal itself, or some of the oils used. However my skin is simply not compatible with it, Mask f Magnaminty has proven to be a better alternative for me
Happy Shopping

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2009 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Autumn13

What a wonderful cleanser!! And, if you haven't tried it, I say run, don't walk, to your nearest Lush store. After reading the reviews, I was more than happy to try it since my current cleaner is so-so. So, the first time I used it, it was amazing. My face was so soft, clean and glowing. Never had a cleanser do that before but I wanted to wait and see what happens after a week. Well, it's over a week and my face is sooooooooooo soft and the texture so different from last week. We are talking baby's bum. I have a 3-yr old and I should know. My husband, who loves me dearly and allows me to purchase to my heart's desire, no matter what I look like on same days, actually commented on how my face felt really soft and "bright". I told him glowing? And, he said, yes. He thought I was you know expecting. I said no! I told him that it was that black coal smelling glob in the funky looking container. Well, he wanted to know where I got it because he wanted to buy me more.:-)

I use DAC in the shower so no mess and I just mix a very small amount with very little water to make a thick paste. It's very grainy and can feel a slight tingly when I rub too hard, so be gentle. I hadn't tried it as a mask. I can pretty much gauge that the amount of DAC I have, since it's sold by weight, will last me about over 3 months if I use it daily. I paid $17. Doing the math, that would be 18 cents a day. 18 cents a day for a compliment from my husband, that's not too shabby. Maybe on those days that I have to deep condition my hair, I'll give the mask thing a twirl as per previous poster. :-)

Update: 7/27/09: Forgot to mention that I mix Dark Angel with very little wate in a small dish to make the paste and take it with me in the shower. This will help with those that are having trouble with using their hands to create the paste. After I wash my hair and place a small amount of conditioner, I let the conditioner do its thing and then I use Dark Angel. After a minute or two, I wash off the conditioner and Dark Angel at the same time. No fuss, no mess. I hope this helps a bit.BTW: the texture of my face is so even and soft that I can't help but touch it more often than before. Even with foundation, powder and blush, my face is still very soft. Dark Angel is worth its weight in gold.

15 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2009 10:47:00 PM More reviews by brassdancer

oh my GOD I love this stuff!!!! I got this as a sample, and will most definetly get this in full size. Its just enough exfoliation for me, and doesnt scrape off my face! It leaves my face moisturized but clean feeling after I am done. My only gripe is it is SUPER messy, but I use it in the shower so it isn't a problem. I definetly recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2009 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Lafina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this! It's just like Coal face but in clay form. Smells just as good and is just a bit more scrubby, which I love. Much more exfoliating. A little more messy but so worth it. Left my face squeaky clean!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2009 3:07:00 AM More reviews by swinechimp

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, I saw this in the store when I popped in to buy some deodorant. I have used Angels on Bare Skin in the past, and though I like the smell and the concept, I just didn't feel that it did anything for my skin. Now Dark Angels, which smells like licorice, acts as both an exfoliant (and a hard core one at that) and a face mask. I don't use it every day--more like three days a week--but I like the way the cleanser leaves my skin feeling deep-down clean. Like almost every other Lush product, the cleanser does leave a mess.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2009 4:46:00 PM More reviews by ronib19

Let me start by saying that what i LOVE about lush is that you get loads of free samples!!

I went today to buy some 'Angels on Bare Skin' and i've recently broken out with a couple of pimples and used nearly every spot cream to get rid of them and its DRIED my skin up! so the sales advisor gave me loads of free samples to try out diffeent clensers to see which would suit my skin as it differs...(my skin changes alot)

Ive just literally washed my fash 20mins ago with Dark Angels and my skin has never felt so CLEAN!!! Yes it is a little messy but you'll get use to it! Its totally worth the money...forget garnier scrubs, the apricot scrubs and the clean and clear scrubs and TRY THIS ONE!

Also if you don't want to spend the money then ask for a free sample to try it out...im sure they'll give you one :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2009 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Carolion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Now THIS is a scrub! I just got a sample of this when I was picking up some Herbalism (my usual scrub/mask). This stuff is intense! Go gently with this one, it's seriously exfoliating. My skin felt incredibly smooth and clean afterward, and I didn't look red or irritated at all after use. It makes a bit of a mess, so I use it in the shower. I'll definitely be purchasing the full size of this to alternate with my Herbalism.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2009 9:16:00 PM More reviews by marsbarsx3

I think you misunderstand what glycerin is. Glycerin is basically the by-product of soap making, which does help make your skin soft and stuff, but it is removed from high end cleansers, making them worth their value. If you removed the glycerin it wouldn't just be a lump of coal ..... the actual soap is the sodium sterate which is the part that holds the oils and etc.. I believe the comment below just means that she would prefer better quality soap for the price she is paying. ( aka removal of glycerin). I would say some of the Lush products are a bit pricey in the US. I just order them off the UK webbie which is better. I do like the smell of this product. I would definitely purchase this again, although I wish there was more everytime!