October 1, 2014 | 2015 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Dark Angels

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2009 10:47:00 PM More reviews by brassdancer

oh my GOD I love this stuff!!!! I got this as a sample, and will most definetly get this in full size. Its just enough exfoliation for me, and doesnt scrape off my face! It leaves my face moisturized but clean feeling after I am done. My only gripe is it is SUPER messy, but I use it in the shower so it isn't a problem. I definetly recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2009 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Lafina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this! It's just like Coal face but in clay form. Smells just as good and is just a bit more scrubby, which I love. Much more exfoliating. A little more messy but so worth it. Left my face squeaky clean!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2009 3:07:00 AM More reviews by swinechimp

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, I saw this in the store when I popped in to buy some deodorant. I have used Angels on Bare Skin in the past, and though I like the smell and the concept, I just didn't feel that it did anything for my skin. Now Dark Angels, which smells like licorice, acts as both an exfoliant (and a hard core one at that) and a face mask. I don't use it every day--more like three days a week--but I like the way the cleanser leaves my skin feeling deep-down clean. Like almost every other Lush product, the cleanser does leave a mess.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2009 4:46:00 PM More reviews by ronib19

Let me start by saying that what i LOVE about lush is that you get loads of free samples!!

I went today to buy some 'Angels on Bare Skin' and i've recently broken out with a couple of pimples and used nearly every spot cream to get rid of them and its DRIED my skin up! so the sales advisor gave me loads of free samples to try out diffeent clensers to see which would suit my skin as it differs...(my skin changes alot)

Ive just literally washed my fash 20mins ago with Dark Angels and my skin has never felt so CLEAN!!! Yes it is a little messy but you'll get use to it! Its totally worth the money...forget garnier scrubs, the apricot scrubs and the clean and clear scrubs and TRY THIS ONE!

Also if you don't want to spend the money then ask for a free sample to try it out...im sure they'll give you one :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2009 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Carolion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Now THIS is a scrub! I just got a sample of this when I was picking up some Herbalism (my usual scrub/mask). This stuff is intense! Go gently with this one, it's seriously exfoliating. My skin felt incredibly smooth and clean afterward, and I didn't look red or irritated at all after use. It makes a bit of a mess, so I use it in the shower. I'll definitely be purchasing the full size of this to alternate with my Herbalism.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2009 9:16:00 PM More reviews by marsbarsx3

I think you misunderstand what glycerin is. Glycerin is basically the by-product of soap making, which does help make your skin soft and stuff, but it is removed from high end cleansers, making them worth their value. If you removed the glycerin it wouldn't just be a lump of coal ..... the actual soap is the sodium sterate which is the part that holds the oils and etc.. I believe the comment below just means that she would prefer better quality soap for the price she is paying. ( aka removal of glycerin). I would say some of the Lush products are a bit pricey in the US. I just order them off the UK webbie which is better. I do like the smell of this product. I would definitely purchase this again, although I wish there was more everytime!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2009 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Tlee

The review below this is... odd. There is no reason to take glycerin out of a soap. Some very popular soaps are made entirely of glycerin (Pears, Neutrogena clear bar). Glycerin attracts and holds moisture, and is not an irritant. Many moisturizers have glycerin as a major ingredient.

Dark Angels without the glycerin would be mostly... um, scratchy charcoal. Glycerin provides the "slip" that makes this exfoliant more comfortable to use.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2009 2:57:00 PM More reviews by jjkrh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product!!! Makes your face so smooth and you will be literally glowing. I agree with another reviewer, it is what I consider to be a harsher scrub. You really don't need to rub it in...swirling is key. Sure it is a dark scrub and will make your sink dirty, but a few swipes of water takes care of that. I am very oily and my skin does better with this than angels on bare skin. I suggest going to the counter and getting samples (if you can) before you buy. However, I must say, I am completely satisfied with this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2009 6:35:00 PM More reviews by angelakay016

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have actually been using this one as a mask since I already have a scrub I use; just get a little chunk and add a tiny bit of water to make it a paste and smooth over your face. I wear it for 10 minutes, but I don't have sensitive skin so that may be too long for some people. I had used an Origins charcoal mask in the past but was not impressed, this on the other hand is awesome! My skin glows after using it and it has really helped to clear up a lot of congestion around my nose. I have a packed full container that was $14 and I think it's a great value, seeing as how I could drop $30 on a mask from Bliss or some other HE brand and get half the uses out of it. Also, with this you can control the consistency by adding more or less water. This one is an all around winner and I will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2009 1:42:00 PM More reviews by stanzi

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, I do love the name! Very Gothic. I have oily skin that reacts badly to certain ingredients and can be a bit delicate (split personality!). I need to use Dark Angels with care, since it is *very* abrasive. I've been mixing it with a dab of Angels on Bare Skin, and using it 2x a week; or using it by itself, very gently, once a week. I just pat it on and rinse it off, "swirling" it over the skin a bit. Caution: no actual scrubbing is necessary! I also need to wait a bit before applying any products afterwards, because it sensitizes my face for a few minutes. And I may not be able to use it in dry winter weather. Overall, I think I'm better off with AOBS or Ocean Salt, but if you have a thicker skin than I do, you should give Dark Angels a try.EDITED: I'm upgrading this to 4 lippies, because it does such a great job of deep-cleaning and smoothing my skin! continued >>