January 30, 2015 | 1982 users online

Brows - E.L.F. - Eyebrow Kit

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by sofaloaf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I feel a little twinge of shame every time, but whenever I see someone buy or use Browzing or UD's browkit, or some other $30 brow pan, I laugh to myself. Because this eyebrow kit seems to be one of the best kept secrets there is if people continue to waste their money on other kits.
This brow kit is $3. And you know what, the actual product is almost exactly the same thing as the one packaged by benefit and Urban Decay.

The package is a very convenient size; the longest side is about as big your ring finger. It's nicely thin and compact yet looks sturdy. The design is similar to NARS, yet without that weird gross rubber feel. It's just a streamlined, professional black case. It comes with one side of a darker wax (used for definition) that doesn't come off or smudge all day, and a lighter powder (used for filling in any sparse spots). A very useful dual ended brush is inside. One side is a firm angled brush (the brow wax and this brush can be used on the go/traveling to fix gel eyeliner by the way!!), and the other side is a slightly fluffy brush for the powder.
I've found that both the powder and wax will not come off in water, yet can be removed without hassle with just a makeup wipe or your nightly face wash.
For best results, I use the powder, then wax, then I comb out my brows with a spoolie, and set the whole shabam with a swipe of brow gel. Doing the filling in BEFORE combing and setting works best so that way it gets blended better and looks more natural!

IMPORTANT
For reference, I have very very dark brown eyebrows, and I use the Medium color. Try to match your eyebrow color to the darker color in the compact! You may need to choose a lighter kit than you think; using too harsh or dark of colors on your eyebrows will age you and make you look severe.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by CosmeticallyNewbish

I just got this last week and it's wonderful! I made a mistake plucking my eyebrows and went in on the outside too far and this really makes it seem like I never made that mistake at all! I got it in medium and it matches my naturally dark eyebrow hair really well. I will be using this everyday. The brush that comes with it is nice to use as well. Very precise. I am so happy. I love elf!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by kookielovins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is good for those with thick eyebrow hairs. I have very sparse, almost nonexistent eyebrows. I have found that this wax sticks very good to the eyebrow hair I do have but that it doesn't adhere well to the skin to make the color "uniform".

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by laurelrea

This stuff is great. I have light brown hair and and paleish skin and the light colour is prefect for me. Lasts ages too. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I bought the light & medium, not for the brows but as a nose shadow (light) & some shading (medium). In other words, I don't really use the wax part much, but for $3, who cares.
I really want to praise the quality of the powder, it is sooo smooth & buttery, not at all like powder.
Why can't they make a powder foundation like the texture of this product. Or maybe ELF is, I will be the first in line for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by LucySmith2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've only had this product for a short while but I love it. My eyebrows are a very dark brown and yet I have to be careful not to go too dark with eyebrow colours. I bought this in dark and it suits me really well. Of course you have to go gentle initially but you can always pack more on if you need to. The applicator is not great because it's short but this is due to the overall size of the box so if I really can't be bothered with it I will use a different brush. Overall, for the price, I'd say buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by _starry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this brow kit. I only use the gel and it is perfect for filling in my brows. I like that it isn't too pigmented as it gives me more control and I can build up my brows without over doing them. The color medium has a nice ashy-neutral brow gel which is perfect because I hate it when brow products pull too warm and orangey. The only gripe I have is that the lasting power could be better. I am actually thinking of trying Laura Mercier's Brow Definer after this because it is a gel brow filler.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by BCoffin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate the brown gel part of this duo but love the powder, I use it over my MAC eyebrow pencil to help further fill in my brows, the color matches perfect and looks really natural.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

Found this at a dollar store. I have thick brows I don't tweeze as I am pleased with that natural look. But I've got one spot missing a brow hair or 2 due to a small scar there. I don't always fill it in as my brows are very dark ash brown and everything is too warm toned and light including this.

That said I have found other uses for it. The powder makes a nice, matte crease color. Despite the shades being too light and warm for my brows, surprisingly it works well as a contour color on my fair, olive skin with yellow undetones. It doesn't read warm right under the hollows of my cheekbones, just deepens the shadow already there. I have very dry skin so I can use the cream side too for the same purpose, both look natural used sparingly and blended well.

One more trick is one I've used for ages. If you have a blemish (closed, no open skin) to "hide" or want to accentuate a beauty mark or freckles after applying your base mu, try this; apply a pin dot of the cream side then a pin dot of the powder over it. Use a teeny tipped brush. Spritz with water in a spray bottle or mu setting spray of your choice.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by sarahdance

I bought this kit based on MU reviews.

I like this kit a lot and will continue to buy it. I especially like that it has both wax and powder.

I first use both the powder and wax for color,filling in and taming. Then I brush on a small dab of SAMY Under Control Molding Wax to tame these 3-4 unruly hairs I have in just one eyebrow that refuse to stay put with just the ELF wax alone.

I bought the SAMY Under Control Molding Wax at the Dollar Store because they had it advertised as mustache wax. With the image of a handlebar mustache in my head, I figured if anything would tame those 3 pesky brow hairs it would be "mustache wax".

Turns out this particular SAMY product was just right. It has more hold/molding power than the ELF wax, but not too much.