E.L.F. Eyebrow Kit

4.4

Brow Gel Ingredient:Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil) , Ricinus Comunis (Castor) Seed Oil , Talc , Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax , Ozokerite , Methylisothiazolinone , Caprylyl glycol May Contain:Iron Oxides(CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499) , Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Brow Powder Ingredient:Talc , Mica , Caprylic/Caprictriglycerides , Hydrogenated Polyisobutene , Sodium Dehydroacetate May Contain: Iron Oxide(CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499)

on 3/27/2013 8:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have blonde hair and i bought the eyebrow kit which is unfortunetly too dark for me. but as for the kit itself its amazing! lasts all day long and makes your brows look full but natural. i think this kit is great for if you already have eyebrow hairs and want to enhance them, not for actually drawing them on

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Ah, eyebrows. You shall be the death of me. I have very sparse, unruly eyebrows that take ages to grow. It seems the only hairs growing are the ones way up on my forehead or on my eyelid (Dramatization as they aren't really that far up my forehead or eyelid). Hairs in the correct spots never seem to grow, so they definitely need filling in and this little $3 kit does the trick! I was eyeing Benefit Browzings as this girl I know has the most amazing eyebrows and swears by it, but since I am, as my boyfriend likes to say, "ballin' on a budget", I decided to try this kit out instead.

The packaging is great. Slim, black, and sturdy with a mirror ( a little small, but it will do). It has a very similar set up to the Browzings, with a dark wax and a lighter powder. It also has a litte dual-ended brush with an angled liner brush-type side and a flat shader brush- type side. First, I brush through my horrid eyebrows with a spoolie, thenI use the angled side with the wax to set an outline, kind of. The waxy texture helps keep the hairs in place. I also the wax to add length to the ends of my brows because they are a bit short. Then with the flat shader brush side I use the powder to actually fill in. Set with an eyebrow gel, and bam! Great eyebrows.

on 3/23/2013 1:01:00 PM

I have bought this product probably 4 times, so obviously I'm a fan! I'm definitely willing to shell out money for high-end products like skincare, foundation, and concealer... but when it comes to my eyebrows? It would pain me to spend above $3, which is why this product is so amazing. It matches my eyebrow color perfectly (I think I use the medium shade), looks super natural, and is pretty much as cheap as it gets. I only use the gel side, which is fine with me. I would definitely recommend trying this!

on 3/23/2013 12:46:00 PM

I only use the wax side because I have full eyebrows naturally, but it just gives a natural finish but still defines my brows. I find that powder makes my brows look really dramatic, but this doesn't do that. I have shade medium and it's the perfect match for my dark brown hair colour. It's a great brow product for the price and the brush that comes with it is also fairly decent and very convenient!

on 3/22/2013 7:58:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Been using this studio line combo for about 7 months in Ash. I have medium/dark brown eyebrows that I lighten to a med/dark blonde.
The kit has a cool taupe powder and a warmer light brown gel with a small two sided brush. I love elf's studio line packaging for this.
I use the cool toned powder for filling in my brows. I don't use the gel side to often because the color can make my brows darker than I want.
The negative is that the wear and the pigment could be better.

on 3/22/2013 3:10:00 PM

I've read a lot of rave reviews, and shannxo, one of my favorite youtubers, always uses this eyebrow kit, and her brows look amazing! Brows are pretty much my favorite part of my routine, because I really think they totally change the way your face looks! I'm always tweaking them slightly trying to find the perfect method, hence why I tried this.

This product isn't awful by any means, but it's not as amazing as I hoped. The blonde color itself is great; I usually have a problem with blonde shades being too yellow or ruddy, but this is a great taupey/ash blonde.

I really like the gel, and will probably use it; however, I have a NYX wax pencil I like just is much. What really broke this product for me is the powder; its SO chalky and flaky, and I really have to dig with the brush to get out enough for the color to show up. It seems silly to buy this product just for the gel side, so I will probably use this up, then go back to my Anastasia powder duo + NYX wax pencil.

on 3/22/2013 1:25:00 AM

Purchased the medium brown one, after seeing YT tutorials on it. Both sides of the brush that it comes with are completely useless -- I could not get any product on them and could not get any precise application at all.
Instead, I applied using the e.l.f. angled eyeliner brush, which was much better.

Yet, I realized after trying this out that I prefer filling my brows with a more precise application of a pencil instead of brush, so perhaps that should be taken into consideration. If you're used to using a brush, it should be okay.

However, I also found that medium brown came out quite red, which I try as much as I can to avoid. Will not purchase again, even if only $3.

on 3/21/2013 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I picked this up a couple of days ago in Medium on a trip to Target, so I have only been using it a few days, but so far I am impressed. I have very light blonde eyebrows and I have to fill them in every day. I was using a kit by tarte, but it has been discontinued. It was great! Powder, clear gel, clear mascara, tweezers, brush and a tiny brow pencil. But I digress.

I decided to venture out and try new eyebrow stuff because I'm not liking the results I'm getting with the kit anymore. I think because I've had it sooooo long. I snatched up the last one at Target and went home to try it. I think it is a really good kit for three bucks. If you can find it and need something to toss in your bag, pick one of these up.

on 3/21/2013 9:53:00 AM

I've only just recently started "doing" my brows. I dye my hair and my brows are always a bit too light for my hair color. The "medium" suits me well. The wax is great, and the powder over top. I use an old mascara wand to comb my brows after. Benefit has a similar kit for $30. TEN TIMES THE PRICE of this product! Love Elf!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

This is one of elf's good products! I have dark brown hair (and brows) and the medium kit works well for me. TIP: all those ladies that already have this and say they don't use the powder: try it as a contour powder! It's not too orange or anything and completely matte. Worked for me, give it a try :)

Popular Brows Products