November 28, 2014 | 1803 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2007 8:21:00 PM More reviews by sea157

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To my mind there is no other polish that has "classy" so clearly written on it. Not only does the name make you feel like you are instantly transported to the Champs-Elysees when wearing it, this particular shade of slightly-pinked white is a great blend that equilibrates a french-manicure-sans-effort with an all-over-white polish. To my knowledge, some of Boston's most prestigious nail salons constantly have clients asking to have their nails painted with "Mademoiselle".

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2007 12:05:00 PM More reviews by Caty_23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had been looking for the perfect sheer pink polish for years, and was captivated by how Mademoiselle looked in a photo accompanying its award for "Best Pink" polish in Allure magazine. It also described the colour as a sheer, clean-looking pink, so I had to try it! It was the first Essie polish I had ever purchased, and I am so impressed.

I am usually an OPI devotee, but find their sheer polishes are not long-wearing on my nails - they tend to chip and crack easily, and moisture gets underneath them. This is not the case at all with Mademoiselle, which lasts on my nails without chips/cracks for four days (at least).

The colour is beautiful too, and was perfectly described by Allure. I usually change the colour of my polish every week, but have worn Mademoiselle for the past three weeks in a row, ever since I purchased it! I am so impressed with the wear of it I will definitely be buying more Essie colours.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2007 7:52:00 PM More reviews by butterfly3475

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite nail polish ever! I have gone through 4 bottles of this polish in the past 3 years. I stumbled upon it when I was looking for a polish for my toes for a formal event and it has been love ever since!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2007 1:52:00 PM More reviews by BarneysBrunette

This is just one of those colours that look awesome on everyone and is appropriate for any occasion or activity. I usually alternate between Mademoiselle, Ballet Slippers, and the bolder colours when I get my manicure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2007 5:17:00 AM More reviews by curlycuesue

I purchased this after seeing the reviews on MUA. I'm a huuuuuge fan of OPI's Bubble Bath, but wanted something with more of a pink hue. (btw my skin tone is fair/medium, with yellow undertones). Mademoiselle is perfect, and I get compliments on it all the time. It lasts FOREVER on my nails, even after typing, dishwashing, and carwashing. Thanks to all the MUA posters for their recs!! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2007 6:36:00 PM More reviews by maggiegault

Very dainty, very feminine, very very pretty.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2007 2:41:00 AM More reviews by shinyhappygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used this for a french mani, and tho it went on nicely,it was far too pink for my warm-undertone skin. I put on 2 coats - 1 didn't cover well enough for my liking, and two was way too pink. I will continue to use it til it's gone, putting a coat of Allure on top to cut the pink down a bit but I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2007 11:22:00 AM More reviews by neographic_slut

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the perfect pale pink sheer for me. Very subtle & looks great w/my pale, cool toned skin. Def a HG

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2007 9:02:00 PM More reviews by genica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

there's not much else i could add that hasn't been said except - i love this because when the first little chips start to appear, you can't really tell unless you're looking for them. with this polish i can get away with wearing it a little longer, which is great since i'm lazy about removing polish at the first chip!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2007 4:51:00 PM More reviews by BethyC123

LOVELY. A beautiful soft, sheer pink. Two coats gives a gorgeous, natural pink color that is perfect for just about every occaision. Another great Essie polish.