August 21, 2014 | 1516 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2007 12:05:00 PM More reviews by Caty_23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had been looking for the perfect sheer pink polish for years, and was captivated by how Mademoiselle looked in a photo accompanying its award for "Best Pink" polish in Allure magazine. It also described the colour as a sheer, clean-looking pink, so I had to try it! It was the first Essie polish I had ever purchased, and I am so impressed.

I am usually an OPI devotee, but find their sheer polishes are not long-wearing on my nails - they tend to chip and crack easily, and moisture gets underneath them. This is not the case at all with Mademoiselle, which lasts on my nails without chips/cracks for four days (at least).

The colour is beautiful too, and was perfectly described by Allure. I usually change the colour of my polish every week, but have worn Mademoiselle for the past three weeks in a row, ever since I purchased it! I am so impressed with the wear of it I will definitely be buying more Essie colours.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2007 7:52:00 PM More reviews by butterfly3475

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite nail polish ever! I have gone through 4 bottles of this polish in the past 3 years. I stumbled upon it when I was looking for a polish for my toes for a formal event and it has been love ever since!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2007 1:52:00 PM More reviews by BarneysBrunette

This is just one of those colours that look awesome on everyone and is appropriate for any occasion or activity. I usually alternate between Mademoiselle, Ballet Slippers, and the bolder colours when I get my manicure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2007 5:17:00 AM More reviews by curlycuesue

I purchased this after seeing the reviews on MUA. I'm a huuuuuge fan of OPI's Bubble Bath, but wanted something with more of a pink hue. (btw my skin tone is fair/medium, with yellow undertones). Mademoiselle is perfect, and I get compliments on it all the time. It lasts FOREVER on my nails, even after typing, dishwashing, and carwashing. Thanks to all the MUA posters for their recs!! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2007 6:36:00 PM More reviews by maggiegault

Very dainty, very feminine, very very pretty.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2007 2:41:00 AM More reviews by shinyhappygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used this for a french mani, and tho it went on nicely,it was far too pink for my warm-undertone skin. I put on 2 coats - 1 didn't cover well enough for my liking, and two was way too pink. I will continue to use it til it's gone, putting a coat of Allure on top to cut the pink down a bit but I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2007 11:22:00 AM More reviews by neographic_slut

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the perfect pale pink sheer for me. Very subtle & looks great w/my pale, cool toned skin. Def a HG

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2007 9:02:00 PM More reviews by genica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

there's not much else i could add that hasn't been said except - i love this because when the first little chips start to appear, you can't really tell unless you're looking for them. with this polish i can get away with wearing it a little longer, which is great since i'm lazy about removing polish at the first chip!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2007 4:51:00 PM More reviews by BethyC123

LOVELY. A beautiful soft, sheer pink. Two coats gives a gorgeous, natural pink color that is perfect for just about every occaision. Another great Essie polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2007 1:23:00 AM More reviews by glauren

Essie Mademoiselle is a fabulous sheer pink color. I am obsessed with my nails looking clean and polished, however I am not a fan of colored polishes because I can never apply them correctly. This polish with one coat is pretty much clear, but it gives my nails a great clean look with a shiny topcoat. This polish can be built up to an opaque pink nude. I swear with two coats it look like a french manicure because my nips look so white. Also, the quality is amazing. It goes on streak free and wears really well. It looks shiny w/out a top coat. Essie sheer polishes are some of the best in my opinion. I highly recommend this for a salon manicure look.