Essie Mademoiselle

4.4

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, propyl acetate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Tripheneyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Steralkonium Bentonite, Styrene/Acrylate Copolymer, Diacetone Alcohol, Camphor, Polyvinyl Butyral, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: CI 47005:1 (D&C Yellow #10), CI 47000 (D&C Yellow #11), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica CAS 12001-26-2, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Polyethylene Terephthalate, CI 15850:1 (Red 7 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake), CI 77491 (Red Iron), CI 77499 (Black Iron), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocycyanide), CI 75170 (Guanine), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 60725 (Violet 2), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 42053 (Green 3), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 45380 (D&C Red 21), CI 45410 (D&C Red 28), Polyester-3 (D&C Colorant)

on 6/2/2007 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Too pink for pale skin. One coat is too sheer and looks like plain old clear, so I went ahead and gave myself a second coat and it was too (sickly sweet) pink. I don't know why my friends and manicurist swears by this, but it's not as great on me as I expected with all the hype. I'm sticking to vanity fairest. I'll use Mademoiselle over Marshmallow to make it a bit more usable.

on 6/1/2007 12:20:00 AM

If you haven't tried this yet, you really should. It's kind of hard to describe, slightly pink, yet sheer, kinda pale, but great. It's kind of like a tinted moisturizer for your nails! And, what I mean is it just kind of gives your nails a slight color, that kind of evens out the natural nail color. I hope this makes sense! I will tell you, every other brand in the world has tried to dupe this, and they just can't. Do yourself a favor and stick with the original. Kinda expensive for nailpolish, considering you can get a cheapo for a buck at the drugstore, but hey it's worth it, and your nails will thank you for it!

on 5/24/2007 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a real beauty--pinker than I thought I would like for a nude, but, I fell in love with it. Very clean and classy; won't be without this one. Respectfully submitted, colormepink

on 5/21/2007 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

To my mind there is no other polish that has "classy" so clearly written on it. Not only does the name make you feel like you are instantly transported to the Champs-Elysees when wearing it, this particular shade of slightly-pinked white is a great blend that equilibrates a french-manicure-sans-effort with an all-over-white polish. To my knowledge, some of Boston's most prestigious nail salons constantly have clients asking to have their nails painted with "Mademoiselle".

on 5/12/2007 12:05:00 PM

I had been looking for the perfect sheer pink polish for years, and was captivated by how Mademoiselle looked in a photo accompanying its award for "Best Pink" polish in Allure magazine. It also described the colour as a sheer, clean-looking pink, so I had to try it! It was the first Essie polish I had ever purchased, and I am so impressed.

I am usually an OPI devotee, but find their sheer polishes are not long-wearing on my nails - they tend to chip and crack easily, and moisture gets underneath them. This is not the case at all with Mademoiselle, which lasts on my nails without chips/cracks for four days (at least).

The colour is beautiful too, and was perfectly described by Allure. I usually change the colour of my polish every week, but have worn Mademoiselle for the past three weeks in a row, ever since I purchased it! I am so impressed with the wear of it I will definitely be buying more Essie colours.

This is my favorite nail polish ever! I have gone through 4 bottles of this polish in the past 3 years. I stumbled upon it when I was looking for a polish for my toes for a formal event and it has been love ever since!!

This is just one of those colours that look awesome on everyone and is appropriate for any occasion or activity. I usually alternate between Mademoiselle, Ballet Slippers, and the bolder colours when I get my manicure.

on 3/14/2007 5:17:00 AM

I purchased this after seeing the reviews on MUA. I'm a huuuuuge fan of OPI's Bubble Bath, but wanted something with more of a pink hue. (btw my skin tone is fair/medium, with yellow undertones). Mademoiselle is perfect, and I get compliments on it all the time. It lasts FOREVER on my nails, even after typing, dishwashing, and carwashing. Thanks to all the MUA posters for their recs!! :)

on 3/5/2007 6:36:00 PM

Very dainty, very feminine, very very pretty.

I used this for a french mani, and tho it went on nicely,it was far too pink for my warm-undertone skin. I put on 2 coats - 1 didn't cover well enough for my liking, and two was way too pink. I will continue to use it til it's gone, putting a coat of Allure on top to cut the pink down a bit but I will not repurchase.

Top Rated Essie Products