Essie Mademoiselle

4.3

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, propyl acetate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Tripheneyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Steralkonium Bentonite, Styrene/Acrylate Copolymer, Diacetone Alcohol, Camphor, Polyvinyl Butyral, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: CI 47005:1 (D&C Yellow #10), CI 47000 (D&C Yellow #11), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica CAS 12001-26-2, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Polyethylene Terephthalate, CI 15850:1 (Red 7 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake), CI 77491 (Red Iron), CI 77499 (Black Iron), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocycyanide), CI 75170 (Guanine), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 60725 (Violet 2), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 42053 (Green 3), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 45380 (D&C Red 21), CI 45410 (D&C Red 28), Polyester-3 (D&C Colorant)

on 8/3/2007 10:03:00 AM

I am a redhead with very fair skin and this just shows up clear on me. I tried applying many layers and it still just comes out clear.

on 7/26/2007 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Another yay for this polish. It is the perfect baby-pink on my nails. I pair it with Essie Marshmallow for a lovely French mani finish. Otherwise it gives the perfect nude finish to my nails. Lasting-power is good but I am still searching for the perfect base coat!

on 7/1/2007 7:10:00 PM

This is the only pale pink nail polish I would ever use. Everyone talks about "ballet slipper" as the de facto pale pink, but mademoiselle is "it." I can't think of a single skin color this polish does not look amazing on. I can wear it all four seasons (well the 2.5 here in Florida) and it works. I always have a bottle of it on me when I get a manicure- eveb pedicure when I don't feel like worrying about chipping or high maintenance.

on 6/21/2007 9:30:00 PM

My favorite nail polish ever. This is the ONLY shade that ever graces my finger tips. I don't use this on my toes because its so pale, but this ultra sheer pink is perfect for every day sophisticated looking nails. One coat is very sheer, two coats will give you a slightly opaque pale pink. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

on 6/3/2007 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

Love it! One of the best sheer neutral shades for my chocolate skin tone. It stays on very well, especially when I use Billionails as a base and top coat.

on 6/2/2007 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Too pink for pale skin. One coat is too sheer and looks like plain old clear, so I went ahead and gave myself a second coat and it was too (sickly sweet) pink. I don't know why my friends and manicurist swears by this, but it's not as great on me as I expected with all the hype. I'm sticking to vanity fairest. I'll use Mademoiselle over Marshmallow to make it a bit more usable.

on 6/1/2007 12:20:00 AM

If you haven't tried this yet, you really should. It's kind of hard to describe, slightly pink, yet sheer, kinda pale, but great. It's kind of like a tinted moisturizer for your nails! And, what I mean is it just kind of gives your nails a slight color, that kind of evens out the natural nail color. I hope this makes sense! I will tell you, every other brand in the world has tried to dupe this, and they just can't. Do yourself a favor and stick with the original. Kinda expensive for nailpolish, considering you can get a cheapo for a buck at the drugstore, but hey it's worth it, and your nails will thank you for it!

on 5/24/2007 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a real beauty--pinker than I thought I would like for a nude, but, I fell in love with it. Very clean and classy; won't be without this one. Respectfully submitted, colormepink

on 5/21/2007 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

To my mind there is no other polish that has "classy" so clearly written on it. Not only does the name make you feel like you are instantly transported to the Champs-Elysees when wearing it, this particular shade of slightly-pinked white is a great blend that equilibrates a french-manicure-sans-effort with an all-over-white polish. To my knowledge, some of Boston's most prestigious nail salons constantly have clients asking to have their nails painted with "Mademoiselle".

on 5/12/2007 12:05:00 PM

I had been looking for the perfect sheer pink polish for years, and was captivated by how Mademoiselle looked in a photo accompanying its award for "Best Pink" polish in Allure magazine. It also described the colour as a sheer, clean-looking pink, so I had to try it! It was the first Essie polish I had ever purchased, and I am so impressed.

I am usually an OPI devotee, but find their sheer polishes are not long-wearing on my nails - they tend to chip and crack easily, and moisture gets underneath them. This is not the case at all with Mademoiselle, which lasts on my nails without chips/cracks for four days (at least).

The colour is beautiful too, and was perfectly described by Allure. I usually change the colour of my polish every week, but have worn Mademoiselle for the past three weeks in a row, ever since I purchased it! I am so impressed with the wear of it I will definitely be buying more Essie colours.

Popular Polishes