November 21, 2014 | 956 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by artiastry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this product and one day decided to try it under my foundation. I'm not sure if the sample was enough to convince me to buy this product. There was a trace of white film left on my brown skin which made my face appear extremely ashy. It was also very runny. My foundation covered the ashy look but this product did not live up to it's expectations in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2010 2:44:00 AM More reviews by Raeoni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

AUSTRALIAN REVIEWER: I was given a large sample of this primer. The product doesn't really live up to expectations when it comes to more dry skin types or areas of the face with dry areas this primer makes the skin flakey and rough.

On normal/oily skin it is smooth and feels great on the skin, foundation applies over it well and the results are better. Not worth the pricetag though.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by madaket

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I so wanted to love this. A primer with physical ss, sign me up. Unfortunately it just fell flat for me. It definitely has the tell-tale shiny white cast from the zinc oxide (and I'm pale to begin with, so the effect is very Morticia) and worst of all, it had zero oil control and my makeup (Laura Mercier Oil Free) was sliding off by noon. I honestly think my skin was oiler than if I had used nothing. It took two blotting sheets to soak it all up. When I went to blot my chin, the blotting sheet actually SLID OFF at first--that is how greasy my skin was. Gross but true.

Packaging is beautiful. Price is off the wall, considering the quality. I'm ready to give up on primers. My makeup looked and lasted better without them. I will probably use it up on my chest, just to get the sun protection. Obviously won't be repurchasing. Sooo disappointed. And a little POed, too, to be honest.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2010 11:28:00 PM More reviews by aadonm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow is all I can say. This makes me look 5-10 years younger. Really keeps your make up on all day and skin looks beautiful. The ONLY thing is the price. However I will probably purchase this again. Its that good. I have never used a primer before so I have nothing to copare it to but this is amazing! Lovely cosistency, best 2 shake before use. I live in Australia so am obsessed with adding spf to my routine, this is a lovely way to do this. I wear EL maximum cover over this and then a tiny bit of strobe cream when i want to glow. The price is CRAZY though!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2010 6:03:00 PM More reviews by MyChanelScalpel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product makes your face SO silky smooth, but I really can't justify the price tag on this one. Great packaging, smells nice, works wonders....but it isn't a HG therefore not worth $50 to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2010 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Texasbrian14

Okay here is the thing all primers do the same thing and we all know what they do. This primer does EXTRA ... 1. ALL NATURAL SUN PROTENCTION (Zinc Oxide - helps with blemishes and helps regulate the production of sebum) 2. Turns any foundation and powder you put on top of it into a water resistant product !!!! Hands down of the the best primers on the market today :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2010 12:04:00 PM More reviews by jennrowe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love, love, love this primer. I got it as a free try me sample from my sephora order and fell in love. I'm currently using Illamasque matte primer and am sorry to say that I'm not impressed. This primer, even though expensive, is very good at controlling oil during the day. I love the silky almost velvet feeling it leaves on your skin when applying. It is very lightweight and nonclogging to pores. It has not made me break out and lasts all day. As soon as I finish my Illasmaque, I will defientely purchase the full size product. For oily acne prone girls like myself, I would highely recommend giving this a try!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2010 11:27:00 PM More reviews by cendana

- I received compliments on how smooth and how flawless my skin looks whenever I use this
- Nice hygienic bottle with pump. I like the packaging of matte glass and bronze/rose gold lining and cap
- Make sure you close the cap before you shake it, some products might come out of the nozzle if you shake it without the lid on
- It's a soft watery lotion, that once it touches your skin it feels velvety and turns matte.
- What I do is really massage it around my cheeks, forehead... with my hands (you can use brush, whichever you prefer) but I feel that with my hands I can really work it and massage it to my skin. For a nice "gripping" base for foundation.
- Price is way too steep. It costs AUD$79
- I shall try other primers but I'd buy this again as my go to primer for now...

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2010 9:22:00 PM More reviews by wildcatz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I' m not sure what this primer is designed to do, because it doesn't do anything for me. I need something to keep makeup from settling into my pores by the end of the day and help mattify and this isn't it.

My makeup looks great with this when first applied, but by the time I'm heading home at the end of the day, it looks melted and my eyeshadow is nearly completely gone. I'll be trying something else for my oily skin.

However, I do like to use this to prime around my eye area and on my lids due to it's SPF 15 with physical sun blockers only (titanium & zinc). I have to keep my regular sunscreen away from my eyes or it burns as the day goes on.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2010 3:21:00 AM More reviews by peachiful

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This works well for me, it is sooooo silky but very lightweight, which is perfect for my skin. I can see how it's not for everyone. It depends on how dry/oily/uneven your skin is. My skin is sensitive and this doesn't break me out or irritate me, and I'm neither very dry nor oily and I'm pretty even (as far as skin surface) so finding something so lightweight is nice for a change (Laura Mercier has a good one too) I've noticed a lot of people like smashbox photofinish which was an absolute disaster on me because it is way to thick and greasy for my skin, so if you've had the same experience, you may want to try this stuff. I gave 4 lip sticks since I only give 5 for my, 'if-you-take-them-away-I'll-go-through-withdrawal' products.