July 25, 2014 | 1841 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2009 8:27:00 PM More reviews by drpsyc

Great primer; thinner consistency then BE primer. have not noticed any whitening as others describe, but I always stay out of the sun so maybe that is why I do not see this effect. I like the primer enough to buy again, especially to use with the hourglass TM. If I use BE minerals, the the BE primer seems to be better though.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2009 10:09:00 AM More reviews by tiffanyck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i dnt have enough words to praise this great primer..my face is not oily but when i wear foudation with other primers dunno y it gets so greasy n after an hr foundation oxidizes..but this primer helps my foundation stay fresh all day.i have other HE primers but nothing compares to this one..as its mineral primer i wear it with my air brush make up(luminess air brush) it works great!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2009 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Pansori

This product didn't work for me. The lady at Sephora really talked it up, but fortunately I walked out with just a sample. The problem I believe is the zinc oxide.
I bought the green HD Primer made by Make Up Forever and had this sample. The first day I tried greenie, and hubby complimented my foundation.
Next day I used HG, and as soon as he saw me he made a remark that I looked like a ghost. I believe the zinc oxide over mattifies my face. I like the matte look, but I need just a little gloss. I walked around for a couple of hours, hoping it would set better, but didn't.
I ended up removing my makeup and going back to the Make Up forever. Much better!!! So while this product may work for some, it really wasn't made for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2009 1:47:00 PM More reviews by skelly123

I took away 1 lippie for the cost of this product, but otherwise, hands down, THE BEST PRIMER EVER! I have pale skin and it leaves no white residue on my skin like others have stated. I used to look like an oil slick by 1:00 but now, it's amazing. I use mineral makeup so to have a mineral primer is fabulous. I really love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2009 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Theundercore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This primer is so expensive, but is worth every penny. I will repurchase FOREVER! The texture is so airy and silky, and keeps my foundation looking fresh all day! Unfortunately, my makeup-routine has tripled in price, but if I'm going to splurge, I should do it the right way. I recommend completely!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2009 10:01:00 AM More reviews by traveller

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hi! first time I've used a primer and I find this product very effective. No white cast at all and I have medium olive skin. I love how this feels on my skin..very smooth and silky. will re purchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2008 10:11:00 PM More reviews by JESSICA85

This is a fantastic find...yes very expensive but a great find!! I have sensitive combo acne prone skin. That being said I have tried several primers which are usually too thick and greasy cause more oilies than they actually control, and cause major clogged pores due to the heacy silicones. This primer does have silicones but leaves skin silky smooth ready to grab and smooth any foundation applied over it. I am allergic to chemical ss and this primer has a combo of titanium and zinc as a physical ss this has an added benefit for me, as I prefer a foundation without ss but i need physical sun protection. This is a runny white liquid that once applied gives a slightly brightnening effect, NO geisha face though...Im an NC40 for reference. This comes in a frosted glass bottle with brown chrome pump. at about $50 for 1oz this is really expensive but this should last a while since you need only one pump for the entire face. LOVE LOVE LOVE this a must try

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2008 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Jaxappella

This is my favorite primer of all time. I love that it has sunscreen in it so it saves me a step. the powdery finish makes my makeup glide on, and I'm even using less foundation because of that. A tiny bit goes a long way. I'm thinking the previous reviewer used too much and that's why she got the white cast. I've seen this product used by many skin tones without a cast. It's the only primer that I've tried that keeps my makeup flawlessly in place all day and keeps shine down. I normally need a midday blotting, but this primer controlled oil so well that I use my compact now only for the mirror!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2008 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Mojie

Hourglass' Veil Mineral Primer is very unusual. The texture is fascinately strange for a primer (it comes out as an opaque, milky white liquid instead of a gel and dries as you spread it to a satiny powder finish). I have to admit I had a lot of fun spreading it onto my skin and feeling it transform under my fingers. That has to be my favorite part of this primer.

Once it's spread and dried (which is very, very fast), it leaves a velvety soft surface that makeup just glides right over. The finish is wonderful and it feels great on the skin. There's nothing tacky or shiny here. It's so smooth and soft feeling. I imagine this would be wonderful for someone with oily skin as it dries to a nice matte finish and seems as though it would absorb oil well.

The only problem is the color. Even on my fair (MAC NW20) skin, it leaves a white cast that makes me look ghostly. Granted, a lot of it is covered by my makeup, but there's still enough there to make my face look strangely pale compared to the rest of me. I felt like I needed to add far more color into my face than usual and had to layer on blush and eyeshadow until I felt like I looked healthy again. I can't imagine how someone with even medium toned skin would fare with this, let alone women at the dark end of the spectrum.

It's a shame that this primer is ruined by the white cast. Other than that I have absolutely no complaints other than the price ($52, which is a bit steep, but the packaging is nice at least). I'm (sadly) going to be returning mine because I just can't deal with the color issue.

PROS: (1) wonderful liquid to powder texture; (2) dries very fast; (3) leaves a velvety smooth canvas for foundation; (4) would be good for oily skin; (5) includes SPF and no parabens or oils; (6) very nice packaging.

CONS: (1) leaves a white cast on the skin; (2) expensive.

10 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No