Estee Lauder Youth Dew

3.1

As a child I had a dear aunt who used to wear this as her signature fragrance. Never wore another fragrance. She used the bath oil and everyone associated this perfume with her to such a degree nobody else in the family ever dared wear it. It was HER scent. She had all the incarnations of it as she received Youth Dew in all its forms on birthdays, Mother's Day and Christmas holidays. This was way back when..Estee Lauder's golden age of "perfume layering" (This philosophy was the ultimate in SA indoctrination, customer loyalty and company earnings). I loved that aunt. Ergo, I loved how she smelled.Fast forward 25+ yrs. There is this woman I know that wears this as well as White Shoulders and Vanilla Essential Oil. She WON'T use anything else. Let's just say that this woman is NOT my aunt. ;-) Thanks to "that" association I now absolutely dislike Youth Dew. Funny how our olfatory memory can be determined or completely transformed over the years. My aunt is now deceased and how I wished she was still around! I am sure I would still love this on her. ;-) This is no doubt a classic of the American perfume scene...to some..maybe even the world. It turn the US into a fragrance obsessed country and made industry history. It also is a hate it or love it scent in the same league as Angel, Tea Rose, Bandit, Boudoir, etc. Wear it with a careful hand. You won't need a lot (like its sister Aromatics Elixir). Definitely not for everyone and for sure not for me. continued >>

Youth Dew? How about serum of a corpse. This stuff smells like dirty old ladies in church that tuck there dirty hankies up their sleeves. I get a headache being around it. When I get old I dont want to ever stink like this stuff. Who would bottle this stink and how could anyone want to wear eu de death!

I'm not sure why they call it "Youth" Dew. I think "Death & Decay" Dew is more accurate. Every Estee Lauder girl is quick to point out that "Madonna wears it!" -- Well, nobody ever accused Madonna of being sane. I guess if you're rich and famous, you're allowed to be eccentric, and wear fragrances that smell like a nursing home. This scent is just awful ... and that is all there is to it.

A love it or hate it scent.
Many are turned off by the color of the liquid, but personally I
love it, I find it adds a mysterious, exotic touch.
The scent itself is spicy and strong, long lasting, intense on
the patchouli. The products in the line are great, beautifully
scented and great quality. On a
very hot day, the deodorant and powder leave just enough fragrance, the spice is actually cooling.

This is sexy, spicy, and serious. If you think maturity is a good word, this might be for you. Woody and musky spice, very deep.

Love this stuff. It's definitely not for young girls, but for women who know what they want and know how to get it. One of the reviewers said it's sexual -- yes, indeedy. It takes maturity to pull off and a go to hell attitude, and have used this on and off since my college days. Try it first, since like all things sexual, you'll either love it or hate it.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Yuck

Men like it. Maybe not high school boys, but men in Armani suits who drive Boxsters and have a nice stock portfolio. who would you rather attract?

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my mother's signature fragrance. She has been wearing it since I can remember and I'm 25. I hate the smell of it, I think it's too stong. My mother tends to overdue it so maybe that's why I loathe it so much. I like cleaner, fresher smells when it comes to fragrances and I stay away from musks, oriental, and spicey scents, I think that's why I shy away from this one.

OH god this stuff is wonderful. (And I'm not old by any means...just 22.) It's incense in a bottle! There was a time when I thought it was too mature smelling for me, but loved it anyways because it's my mother's signature. However as of recently she hasn't been able to keep her bottle away from me. I noticed a change in my chemistry about six months ago (fragrances I loved started going sour on me, and my tastes changed.) Soon after I decided to spritz on some of Mom's Youth Dew on a whim. Instead of remained heavy and spicey, it begins to smell very...delicate spicey on me. Almost exactly like pure amber oil mixed with a little vanilla. Its divine, and I'm addicted.

Popular Fragrances