Estee Lauder Youth Dew

3.1

on 5/11/2003 9:56:00 PM

Love this stuff. It's definitely not for young girls, but for women who know what they want and know how to get it. One of the reviewers said it's sexual -- yes, indeedy. It takes maturity to pull off and a go to hell attitude, and have used this on and off since my college days. Try it first, since like all things sexual, you'll either love it or hate it.

on 5/4/2003 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Yuck

on 3/7/2003 7:25:00 PM

Men like it. Maybe not high school boys, but men in Armani suits who drive Boxsters and have a nice stock portfolio. who would you rather attract?

on 2/2/2003 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my mother's signature fragrance. She has been wearing it since I can remember and I'm 25. I hate the smell of it, I think it's too stong. My mother tends to overdue it so maybe that's why I loathe it so much. I like cleaner, fresher smells when it comes to fragrances and I stay away from musks, oriental, and spicey scents, I think that's why I shy away from this one.

on 1/1/2003 11:07:00 PM

OH god this stuff is wonderful. (And I'm not old by any means...just 22.) It's incense in a bottle! There was a time when I thought it was too mature smelling for me, but loved it anyways because it's my mother's signature. However as of recently she hasn't been able to keep her bottle away from me. I noticed a change in my chemistry about six months ago (fragrances I loved started going sour on me, and my tastes changed.) Soon after I decided to spritz on some of Mom's Youth Dew on a whim. Instead of remained heavy and spicey, it begins to smell very...delicate spicey on me. Almost exactly like pure amber oil mixed with a little vanilla. Its divine, and I'm addicted.

I'm new to Estee Lauder fragrances since I always used French perfumes. When I've got a box with 6 Lauder samples, I was pleasantly striken by the Youth Dew, it was great, unlike other Estee Lauders (with Pleasures as one of my hated perfumes). Youth Dew is rich, deep, oriental, spicy, sweet and heavy and soft at the same time scent. It is a sensual, very feminine, intoxicating perfume with a mistique. I disagree that it reminds of Opium--I didn't see any similarity, except for *orientalness*. I had a small bottle of dark brown strong oriental perfume in my teens and loved it so much, never knew the name of it and never could find anything similar--until I run into Youth Dew. It has a dark sexual thing about it.

on 12/22/2002 10:21:00 PM

This was my mom's signature scent when I was a child. She wore it every single day of my childhood and much heavier when going out at night. It seemed to jive well with her ultra-curled, poofy, late-70s/ early 80s hair-do and sometimes shiny Saturday Night Fever-type shirts and dresses. On the rare occasions when she wears it today, I am simply flooded with warm memories. It's so great how she came to wear the scent... When she was a little girl, she had a tiny bottle of dark perfume that was her absolute favorite. But she could never figure out what it was and had no way of replacing it. When she showed it to my dad early into their relationship, he went in search of something similar. He bought her Youth Dew, and she wore it for years to follow. She still has that little bottle of unidentified scent, but it doesn't smell nice anymore. I read in a maganize recently that Youth Dew was a classic scent of the 1950s. I like it primarily for reasons of nostalgia. I would not wear this as a young woman, but I might re-consider as I grow older.

My mom wore this in the seventies, but I think its really nasty. It smells like dollar store designer imposter perfume. Its really yucky. Its also this dark brown colour that looks like its gone bad or something.

on 9/22/2002 2:20:00 PM

The deep brown color weirds me out, and I just don't understand the appeal of this fragrance. At all.

on 7/12/2002 1:37:00 AM

My mom just bought herself a bottle of this and I smelled it unfortunately again. My dad said it stinks too. It reminds me of a nursing home where old ladies douse theirselves it in to cover up their urine stink in their Depends Undergarments. There is nothing youthful about this one. Its revolting.

Popular Fragrances