November 28, 2014 | 1825 users online

Powders - LUSH - Silky Underwear Dusting Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2003 11:41:00 AM More reviews by tiggerfan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

If it weren't for the absolutely compelling scent, I would probably not buy this again because of the packaging. A hint I discovered with LUSH powders is not to open the large hole all the way. I only cut about 1/2 of it open so this doesn't leak out all over. But even using this technique doesn't control how much flows through the big holes. I think it's a shame that for the price you have to transfer this to a more suitable means of application. I do enjoy the way it leaves my skin feeling. Most powders dry me out, but this as it warms up ends up making my skin feeling lovely. I wish they made this scent in other bath treatments! It's scent is not flowery, yet somehow it still keeps it's feminity with the Jasmine, Cocoa Butter and Vetivert.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2003 1:00:00 AM More reviews by MelissaM

I agree with those who pointed out the annoying packaging - one must be very careful when applying this, or else they'll be deluged in powder. To me, this smells like a homemade vanilla-coconut pudding (I guess that must be the coacoa butter). Even the groom likes to use this during the summer. Who needs to wear perfume when you're wearing this yummy stuff?

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2003 1:10:00 AM More reviews by sedge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I gave this one a 3 for price because I got less than I would have liked for the amount I spent, but... IF I didn't like in the U.S. of A, I bet it wouldn't be exhorbitantly expensive. The scent is very fresh but seductively earthy at once. Yes, there's the Jasmine but further underneath there's my all-time favourite scent in the world, Vetivert oil. Think elves and fairyland: it's earthy, but lightly, playfully so. The kind of secret neat thing about this powder, as stated in other reviews, is that it has tiny particles of cocoa butter smudged in its innars, and these secret blobs melt luxuriously into your skin as the powder heats up, thus smoothing and soothing tired, dry skin rather than making it itchy and flakey. A great thing, I say. The bad, other drawback (other than its Lack of US foothold) is the BIG open holes in the top of the container. I think I don't mind that much because I powder it onto myself in the bathroom, and the scent clouds around me, but I bet it gets annoying if you accidentially bump the container too much and: whoop, dump the stuff all over. Still: pretty, pretty smell and soft, soft skin = a plus in my book.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2003 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Erin123

This is one of the most amazing smelling products ever! I cannot get enough of the scent and it seems to last a long time. The downfall of this product is that I find it a little on the drying side as opposed to moisturizing. Maybe its me-I use a lot more lotions than powders. I will still buy this though because the scent is fantastic!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2003 7:44:00 PM More reviews by beckyloo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I agree with the other reviewers that the packaging for this is crummy. The powder comes out from the sides as well as the oversized holes. It's very expensive for what you get, and I don't see a big difference between it and other body powders. I don't hate it, but I won't be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2003 6:54:00 AM More reviews by chowrie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The only thing I don't like about this product is its container (like parmesan cheese) inspite of its price. But the powder itself is heavenly. I have finished 3 tubs already and i will keep on using it especially since I'm a dusting powder person. It smells of Jasmine and it has bits of cocoa butter. I love this product because of how it smells (divine!) and how smooth it is on. Hope lush releases a frangrance which smells like Silky Underware!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2003 5:58:00 AM More reviews by mriaow

For those who can be bothered using a dusting powder for the body, this is quite a nice one. I never bothered with it until recently- the shabby packaging has always been a bit annoying for me.

On the upside, this is really silky and finely pigmented. I prefer a shimmer in my body products, but this is nice straight after a shower, and before I head to bed. :) All soft and comforting. :) continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2003 1:45:00 AM More reviews by BEVERLYS

I swear I wrote a review of this before, but it seems to have disappeared :T Anyway, first of all: packaging. It's not that great because it's in a cardboard container, so make sure you don't put it anywhere near water. The top also gets full of powder because when you tip some out and put it back on the table, the powder still comes out as you're tilting it back.. hard to explain, but basically, it's quite messy. Quality wise, this powder is super super finely milled and has a light pretty, feminine scent. It really does feel "silky" on the skin, but I find myself reaching for the other LUSH powders because this one doesn't have shimmer in it, it's completely matte. But one's loss is another's gain, as I know many out there are after a non-shimmery body powder - and this would be it. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2003 1:23:00 AM More reviews by Megleigh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this dusting powder. It has a wonderful, delicate scent - not too strong. But the packaging is awful, I cannot avoid making a mess with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2003 5:47:00 PM More reviews by aelissam

I had heard so many people rave how much they loved this product. I picked Silky Underwear up when I was stocking up on those lovely bath bombs in Victoria, and was anxious to try it. I found the powder to be unrefined, not very well milled at all. In fact, it almost had a crumbly texture to it. The scent was warm, pleasant and feminine, but my skin did not feel any silkier than it would with any other powder, and because its so unrefined, its hard to get it out of the shaker and very messy. Its okay, but will not re-purchase.