April 16, 2014 | 943 users online

Powders - LUSH - Silky Underwear Dusting Powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2003 7:44:00 PM More reviews by beckyloo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I agree with the other reviewers that the packaging for this is crummy. The powder comes out from the sides as well as the oversized holes. It's very expensive for what you get, and I don't see a big difference between it and other body powders. I don't hate it, but I won't be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2003 6:54:00 AM More reviews by chowrie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The only thing I don't like about this product is its container (like parmesan cheese) inspite of its price. But the powder itself is heavenly. I have finished 3 tubs already and i will keep on using it especially since I'm a dusting powder person. It smells of Jasmine and it has bits of cocoa butter. I love this product because of how it smells (divine!) and how smooth it is on. Hope lush releases a frangrance which smells like Silky Underware!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2003 5:58:00 AM More reviews by mriaow

For those who can be bothered using a dusting powder for the body, this is quite a nice one. I never bothered with it until recently- the shabby packaging has always been a bit annoying for me.

On the upside, this is really silky and finely pigmented. I prefer a shimmer in my body products, but this is nice straight after a shower, and before I head to bed. :) All soft and comforting. :) continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2003 1:45:00 AM More reviews by BEVERLYS

I swear I wrote a review of this before, but it seems to have disappeared :T Anyway, first of all: packaging. It's not that great because it's in a cardboard container, so make sure you don't put it anywhere near water. The top also gets full of powder because when you tip some out and put it back on the table, the powder still comes out as you're tilting it back.. hard to explain, but basically, it's quite messy. Quality wise, this powder is super super finely milled and has a light pretty, feminine scent. It really does feel "silky" on the skin, but I find myself reaching for the other LUSH powders because this one doesn't have shimmer in it, it's completely matte. But one's loss is another's gain, as I know many out there are after a non-shimmery body powder - and this would be it. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2003 1:23:00 AM More reviews by Megleigh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this dusting powder. It has a wonderful, delicate scent - not too strong. But the packaging is awful, I cannot avoid making a mess with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2003 5:47:00 PM More reviews by aelissam

I had heard so many people rave how much they loved this product. I picked Silky Underwear up when I was stocking up on those lovely bath bombs in Victoria, and was anxious to try it. I found the powder to be unrefined, not very well milled at all. In fact, it almost had a crumbly texture to it. The scent was warm, pleasant and feminine, but my skin did not feel any silkier than it would with any other powder, and because its so unrefined, its hard to get it out of the shaker and very messy. Its okay, but will not re-purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2002 6:23:00 PM More reviews by VANILLAQUEEN

Whats the big deal about this powder? I agree with Mayra, I think everybody is into this and other LUSH products because you can't get them in the U.S. I dont see what it's so wonderful about it. I bought it was not impressed in the least.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2002 2:38:00 AM More reviews by mariam1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Coarse Eyes: Other

Firstly, the packaging of this powder is terrible! The holes are way too big - I don't know why they don't make the box with a bunch of small holes like Johnson & Johnson's baby powder. I had heard raves about this product and although it doesn't live up to its hype, it's feels pretty nice after a shower. Nothing remarkable but a good choice for a body powder. I like this one out of all the Lush powders.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2002 1:00:00 AM More reviews by glassofwater

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If I were married to Jay-z I would order this at every whim. But I am not, so I guess this is just a whim product, not necessary. But I DO love it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2002 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Mayra

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My question is: WHO is using this powder and for what reason? It was silky and nicely scented but what do I need this for? I had it in my basket throught my LUSH store foraging but could not justify the purchase so I gladly left it behind. I think part of the hype is the fact that is not available in the US. If I wanted scented non-talc powder I could use Cornstarch scented at home with organic lavender or rose petals. Or I can always walk up to Barney's and buy Kiehls.