Chloe Chloe (EDP)

4.2

on 10/27/2009 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this perfume. Every time I wear it (which is everyday) someone always mentions, "You smell nice, or "What scent are you wearing?" It has a fresh, clean smell that I feel only gets better during the course of the day. The fragrance lingers all day which is definitely a positive as most perfumes lose the scent within a couple of hours. It also smells differently with each person that I have smelled on. Of course, it smells the best on me! HAHA :) I hope this perfume is never discontinued, I would be crushed. If so, I will need to stock up!!

on 10/16/2009 7:42:00 AM

This is a review of the EDT which came out 2009.

This is amazing. The original Chloe fragrance developed a little oddly for me but this one is PERFECT. Such an amazing fragrance. I'm not very good with describing notes and things like that -- I'll leave it to other more competent people -- but all I can say is that this one makes boys take notice. I can't tell you how many times I've been in a club and had guys come up to me say "OMG, you smell amazing" -- that's never happened to me with any other fragrance -- it smells especially nice on hair.

LOVE THIS!!! My new HG in fragrance :)

It also lasts a long time -- and doesn't stays true to its original scent.

The only thing I'd say about this is that the packaging is nice --- but the cute bow came off in a week, nothing serious though.

on 10/15/2009 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I cant say enough good things about this fragrance! I totally adore it :D it lasts all day and i always get complimented on it! Just a truely gorgeous pretty feminie smell! Definately my signature scent. Love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it ...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :) did i mention i love it?!!!!

on 9/30/2009 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I don't have very many perfumes as I am picky and selective in terms of fragrances. Most perfumes don't "sing" to me. This perfume "sings" to me in my tune. This is my HG perfume. Even though it is an Eau de Parfum (not a Toilette as a previous reviewer noted) it is not that strong. The scent is not overpowering YET it lasts and lasts. I found that it is hard to find beautiful light fragrances that actually last. It is a great perfume to mix with other scents as well. It is lovely with most floral fragrances. I can't stop sniffing my wrists. I just love this scent! Chandler Bur (a famous perfume critic) may not like this scent, but I really really do.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

pleasantly surprised by this release.

i avoided smelling it for the longest time, but now i am glad i did. i don't care for the opening, which is a lot of lychee, but i do love how it settles - i usually hate sweet, fruity perfumes, but i do like this one enough to wear it when i don't want to smell to strongly of anything, since it is fruity floral but not TOO fruity, if you know what i mean.

i got the eau de toilettte version, so i can't compare to the eau de parfum, which may be considerably different. it opens a bit strong, and screechy, with a lot of lychee and soapy peony, for which i took off a lippie because i don't care for that part. once that part is over (and most people don't find that part unpleasant, in fact boys seem to like it as it's sweet and girly but not fruit-cocktail-y at all), it settles into a sweet & subtle rose and lily of the valley blend with a bit of cedar anchoring it. it's mostly soapy-sweet, rather than soapy-fresh, a bit reminiscent of clean shower fresh (note, however, that they do smell very very different from one another), but a whole lot more expensive and less casual smelling - not that the notes are similar (except for the lily of the valley), but that it conjures up clean, soapy feelings. it's very easily wearable, and is sweet but not cloying. i would probably buy this again, but it is a bit expensive (might have something to do with the silver-plated bottle)... i'll see what happens once i finish off my 50mL bottle.

it is surprisingly long lasting for an eau de toilette, i sprayed some on at night before going to bed and in the morning when i woke up (8 hours later), it had faded into a soapy clean rose skin scent.

all in all, a bit loud and fruity in the beginning, but turns into a soft, sweet wooded rose and lily of the valley. drydown heavy with expensive rose soap. feminine, soapy and clean but not too high-pitched, well rounded. would buy again for daytime wear. long lasting (on my skin anyway).

on 8/28/2009 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this perfume! Normally im not a sweet, florally scent person, but I absolutely love this. It's floral, but theres a little something different that to me makes it unique and extra special. I dont know what the smell is that makes me like it so much, but if was just a rose smell i wouldnt like it. My fav perfume, and its really hard for me to find any i like, so very happy with this.
Oh, also the bottle is beautiful and girly and elegant, love it. And the scent lasts for a long time on me

on 8/28/2009 6:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

A sales assistant gave me a card sprayed with this and I put it in my pocket without thinking much about it. For that entire day, I was wondering where such a clean and sweet smell were coming from. I emptied out my pockets onto my shelf when I went home and left the sprayed card there.

After a very long time, I still smelt this sweet smell lingering around, I then realised it was Chloe when I was starting to go a little mad and went on a smelling object rampage.

When I was in Japan I bought two bottles because I loved it so much from my memory of the sprayed card.

I still love it, but on my skin it is not quite the same scent which is unfortunate. I have never finished a perfume in my life and I bought two so that's the reason I would not repurchase.

on 8/17/2009 6:11:00 PM

Ugh... At first, I was so excited by this scent... the gorgeous bottle, the delicate floral scent...I spritzed it on and battled with whether I would splurge out.. Pay day was not quite here so I walked off, sniffing my wrists all the while.

Then I got home and the smell lingered. In a bad way. Began to make me feel dizzy and ill.. Scrubbed and scrubbed, to no avail... I smelled like I had liberally doused myself in cheap air freshener.

Unfortunately, I was able to smell this on my clothes for days after. I feel nauseous when I catch a whiff of this. Maybe its just my body chemistry, but I hated this! Although have smelled on other people, and have not been wild on it..

The moral? With this, and any other perfume, please, please do not buy immediately! Boy, am I glad I didn't part with the cash for this. For once, being broke worked to my advantage :-)

This smells amazing. It smells like roses but with an interesting twist. The bottle is gorgeous and classy. It lasted for a long time, at least that is what happened at the perfume counter. One downside, I hate the price, it's 85$CDN I believe for 1.7oz.

on 8/7/2009 10:06:00 PM

I really love this perfume. For me, it is the perfect blend of a nice feminine scent, a clean scent, and a sexy scent. I have found my new signature scent.

I am a major fan of Hermes Rose Ikebana, but it works well only during the summer. It is a very clean floral, but is almost too crisp to wear year round.

The new Chloe is one of the most wonderful scents I've sniffed, and comes out beautifully on my skin. I don't think it's too sweet, although I do get a little bit distracted by a sweet note that pops up in this perfume. The closest I can describe it is to the sweetness of Vera Wang Princess, although MUCH more sophisticated and understated.

I think most younger women (obviously Chloe's target demographic) can wear this scent. It's fresh and young, while being floral, clean, and sexy. Everything I could want!

Popular Fragrances