October 31, 2014 | 754 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2011 2:17:00 AM More reviews by alyssac3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I finally got my salux wash cloth in the mail the other day and it's everything I thought it would be.

II find that this wash cloth is very similar to the one The Body Shop sells, it's called body polisher or something. BUT the salux cloth is thicker and feels smoother on the skin than the body shop one... plus it's only like $3 whereas the body shop one is like $10.

I am an exfoliation queen and this def gets my rave review. I love this and I think everyone should have one. I just bought a couple for my mom cause she would go bananas for this.

I even got my bf to start using it and now he's silky smooth and gets laid more cause of it.

I found out about this wash cloth here on MUA and thank heavens for this site cause i prob would have never discovered it if it wasen't for MUA'ers.

you guys are awesome.

12 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2011 2:17:00 PM More reviews by catah21

i bought this a while ago.. and its a must HAVE!! it is a great exfoliator.. just be gentle.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2011 1:55:00 PM More reviews by lolawants

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I started using this about a year ago thanks to MUA! It's a great and inexpensive product. I was having issues with clogged pores on my legs from shaving and on my back from hair products and this towel has really helped me exfoliate. I just need to say though, I cannot believe people use this on their faces! My skin would never recover from that.

[Edited on 8/5/12: I no longer use this because it was bugging the KP on my legs. I bounced down the rating because I wouldn't buy it again. I use the Glytone Keratosis Pilaris Kit to control the KP on my legs and it's my HG!]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 11:56:00 AM More reviews by laureg

May I just say WOW! I stumbled on these reviews by accident and am so glad that I did. I don't have a Salux brand cloth, but bought a dupe (Walmart sells them for around $5 and other Asian markets have different brands) and it has made a HUGE difference in my skin. I had KP on the backs of my arms, rough elbow skin, bad skin on my back- but no more! This cloth is such a great exfoliator and puts any scrubs and other scrub brushes/bath puffies/tools/etc. to shame! My skin is so soft, smooth and well-exfoliated now, plus I use much less moisturizer because my skin is in better condition after exfoliating. This is a great tool to use. Another great tip from MUAers!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 10:30:00 AM More reviews by wunverdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

At first I didn't really like this bath towel. I found it awkward to use and too harsh but after using it for a while I've found scrunching it up like a bath sponge makes it a lot easier to use and scrubbing very gentle against the skin is all you need to exfoliate the skin well. I bought this towel in hope to save money on all those expensive body scrubs that just go down the drain and make a mess in my shower/bath and of course this towel isnt as luxurious and pampering as a body scrub but I find this is a great alternative and is also very cheap. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by raroux

I got this for three dollars on Amazon (if you pay more than 3-4 dollars, you're overpaying.)
Everything about it is perfect. It's cheap, easy to use, hygienic, and an amazing exfoliant. You really only need a dime sized amount of your body wash to really get this towel super sudsey, so you're saving body wash from this as well.

Also, it's great to use on your face if used gently with a cream or gel cleanser (a scrub with this towel would be deadly). I always use it on my face in the shower and afterwards I can't stop touching my face because it is just SO smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by tiffax

I found this at my local Mitsuwa. Luckily, I love in Southern California and Asian markets are a dime a dozen. I actually have been unable to find the actual Salux brand in a lot of the Japanese stores I go in, but the Mitsuwa market had it for $3-4. I also stumbled across it at Whole Foods of all places, but they were selling it for $6-7. I suppose if you don't have any Japanese markets in your area, you can check it out. I was very wary of all the knock off brands since all you MUA girls warned me. Make sure you're getting the Salux ones!

The first time I used it, as others mentioned, I was pleasantly surprised by how scruffy it was against my skin. I really felt like it was warming all the blood up under my skin and "increasing blood flow and circulation," like the packaging boasts. It does a really good job of scrubbing my back -- I've had bad luck with back brushes, they don't do a good job and the soap rinses out of it so quickly. I also feel like it sloughs off all my dead skin cells which allows moisturizer to soak into your skin so much better. I apply my moisturizer when my skin is still wet from the shower and let it soak in (:

It helped with the bumps on the backs of my arms (I forgot what it's called), as others have mentioned. The cloth holds lather really, really well. I find myself using a lot less shower gel stuff. Yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2011 1:58:00 AM More reviews by kalicalifornia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this thing! I was extremely skeptical at first and even after seeing all the reviews, I hesitated in trying this product. Upon seeing it at my local Japanese supermarket, I decided to get it on an impulse. After using it one time, this bath towel killed any skepticism I previously had. My skin was so soft. After only using it for a few months it has helped with the kp on my arms and clear up any ance breakouts. It's also an awesome pre-spray tan exfoliator. I recommend using a liquid body wash instead of a bar, because the bar doesn't lather up as well. I use Dr. Bronner's tea tree soap during hot months, and switch it for the almond when the weather gets colder. I can't recommend this bath towel enough.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2011 1:22:00 AM More reviews by Gingerbelle8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

UPDATE:
I find this a little too rough. I bought 6 of these, used 2. I find them too large. I gave 2 away and my MIL loves it because she can scrub her back with it. I don't feel I need to exfoliate the crap out of my skin with this. My skin feels extra dry after. I prefer the Body Shop exfoliating gloves over this.

*********************

I ordered online from the salux shop. Great price & fast shipping when you order 4 or more. I used it on my face & it feels like a nice massage. Not too rough but not too gentle...just right! I imagine with regular use on face & body it stimulates blood flow to skin thereby improving skin circulation & exfoliation. It got rid of the usual roughness I often feel left on my nose from blackheads. I would say it works just as well as my Clarisonic facial cleansing brush...and at 5% of the cost!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by swingsettheory

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

As others have mentioned, make sure you get the *real* Salux and not the fakes - believe it or not, there ARE fake (made in China) Salux with tell-tale differences in the packaging. Based on tips in this thread, I ordered from saluxshop dot com (not affiliated) to avoid an ebay/Amazon bait-and-switch; I've heard stories of people ordering based on a photo, then being sent the fake. Anyway, I recommend that site - fast shipping, real deal.

If you love being scrubbed down by ajummas at a Korean sauna, these are for you! (actually, these are for EVERYONE! all nationalities and ethnicities! I swear!) The Salux are less harsh than the Korean "italy towels" and as a plus, long enough so you can reach your back. I vaguely remember the Japanese beauty guru Chizu Saeki (read her book; she has one in English!) mentioning how to make your own poufy/saluxy type bag to use with soap to generate foam; Salux is better at this than conventional (and less hygenic) path poufs, just FYI. I'm getting off the point. These exfoliate like whoa and without ripping your skin to shreds.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No