August 20, 2014 | 1825 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2011 9:38:00 AM More reviews by SweetMoonbeams

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This review is for the dupe that Bed Bath and Beyond sells. All I can say is that I won't use anything else after trying this. When I first removed the cloth from the package, it smelled "fishy", but I rinsed it with water and the smell immediately went away. It has a rough texture, but you can use light or heavy pressure to get the exfoliation you want. After using this once, my skin was heavenly soft and smooth. My lotion and body butter applied so smoothly and sank in immediately after showering. I use this all over my body, including my face. This $6 cloth has replaced my Clarisonic. The cloth itself is long so you can really clean your back without any trouble. I don't recommend cutting the cloth into pieces, as you can always fold this cloth to make it smaller. I would think cutting it would cause it to fray when you launder it. This gem will be going with me to the hospital when I deliver my baby girl in 2 weeks and will go with me whenever I travel. GREAT find!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2011 7:17:00 AM More reviews by dvdfjojo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Don't you just love it when bargain items like this come to your attention and they're wonderful.

This is one of those things - it is perfect for giving your whole body, including hard to reach areas like your back and soles of feet, a proper good scrub.

My skin feels soft as a baby's bum after I've used it and body lotion goes on like a dream - teenage-like skin again, it's wonderful.

Dead easy to throw in the washing machine at the end of the week too so it's kept hygenic, not like those horrid scratchy sponges that are 'minging' as they don't dry out quickly enough.

If you haven't got some yet, hunt them down and get some - best product I've used in ages.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2011 4:35:00 AM More reviews by BabyTheStarsShineBright

My parents used this on my sister and me since we were in elementary school. Since it lathers so extremely well, it can be used gently on skin or aggressively to make every inch of your body sparkling clean. I love it. I usually wash my body with a plain old bar of Dove soap and even use the corner of this bath towel to gently exfoliate my face. It prevents ingrown hairs, even in the bikini line. My calves don't have those bumpy 'pores' anymore. Whenever I switch to a more gentle washcloth or poof, I feel the need to shower again with a Salux towel to get *really* clean.
It costs about two dollars at Asian supermarkets
It even helps reduce the KP (chicken skin) on my upper arms more than any prescription cream, spray or foam did!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 4:19:00 AM More reviews by Tit4Tat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Never have I anticipated to get home to take a shower JUST so I could feel what it's like getting a good scrub down with a ton of suds, reaching every inch of my skin. It's true what they say, most genius things are most simple. Believe it or not, I've been looking for a band wash cloth for over 10 years, for some reason they are not very popular in North America (?) You will never want to battle your back yet with another pouf on a stick; Salux will not only give you a thorough sudsy lather with minimal soap used but will also exfoliate your skin with minimal physical effort required, just work it gently against your skin. It will become your favourite body care tool! It softens the hair making it easier to remove, it will prevent future ingrowns as you shower, your tan will always look even and glowing and it will even wipe away pesky sticky aluminum residue from your deodorant.
I picked up mine at Pacific Mall for $6 CAD and grabbed one for my best friend. I think I should buy in bulk on ebay but even at twice the price of an average pouf this is worth every penny. <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 3:47:00 AM More reviews by nubletta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS!!! I actually thought Salux wasn't sold locally, so I bought mine at Target! Its made by The Bathery and cost me about $2.39. They have it in gorgeous bold colors like turquoise, lime green, and hot pink. I ended up finding Salux locally for $3.50 so I might try that one out and see if I like it better. Although I'm really happy with my Target one.

This makes my skin so incredibly soft. Who needs exfoliators anymore with this?! I also enjoy using this under my arm pit (teehee) and its been lightening it up since it exfoliates it really well. This has also made my elbows really smooth to touch. It makes the soap lather extremely well. I'm determined to get my family hooked on this. Do your body a favor and BUY THIS!

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by signsoflife

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best kind of product--dirt cheap, but so effective at what it does. I actually did not get the Salux-branded cloth--I went to Japanese, Chinese and Korean grocery stores trying to find it but ended up finding a Mexican-branded one at my local Jon's Market for under two dollars. This is what I always wished a bath pouf was--lots of foam, and genuinely exfoliating. I'll probably be buying these for the rest of my life.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2011 11:36:00 PM More reviews by hellokatieeeeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Seriously, this towel is AMAZING! i just got out of the shower and my skin is so soft, i can't stop touching LOL! I saw this at my local korean supermarket and i snagged one and i am so happy that i did. this towel exfoliates like no other, so much better than any bath sponge and it's long enough to get every inch of your body. Another great thing about this is that it dries sooo quickly and it leathers sooo well! I will buy this over and over again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by nikolala

I bought this product based on the great reviews and I can say I wasn't dissapointed. This towel lathers up like a dream and although it can feel a little scratchy when you scrub your body I love the results. My skin is so soft especially the areas that get dry and flakey like my elbows and knees. I add a little lotion after my scrub and feel silky smooth for days. I also like the fact that its long enough to reach parts of my back I cant reach with a loofah.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2011 12:51:00 PM More reviews by FlannyCupcake

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

With the help of fellow MUA member synergie I was able to purchase awesome little bath towel at a local Koren market. (I also had a yummy dinner to boot.)

This towel ROCKS. It's rougher then your average loofa and the results are fantastic. My skin hasn't been as soft, especially my legs, with any other product I've used. I also use this on my feet too and this could help the "life" of your pedicure to last longer. This was worth ever penny. I even bought one for my husband and he really likes it too.

One of the best kept secrets.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by mdbutee

I bought this based on the rave reviews here. I was not sure if this was similar to a bath towel I bought some years back from Walmart. It was. Don't get me wrong, it works great. My skin positively glows after my shower - feels soft and lotion sinks in beautifully. This is similar material to your standard pouf, just rougher. More of a close knit weave as opposed to the mesh in most poufs. I bought 4 from the Salux website and delivery was super fast. Great addition to my bathing routine, but I will get the one from Walmart if I ever need to replace.