Maybelline Define-A-Brow

4.2

Ethylhexyl Stearate, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Silica, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Methylparaben, Tocopherol, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Retinyl Palmitate, Propylparaben, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Ethylparaben, May Contain (+/-):, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Mica, CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 75470 (Carmine) (Carmine), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77400 (Copper Powder) (Bronze Powder), CI 77400 (Copper Powder), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) (Titanium Dioxide), FD&C Blue 1 (Blue 1 Lake), FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake (Yellow 5 Lake)

I love this. The tip is small so it looks very natural when you put it on. There are no greasy. The texture is dry. If I mess up, I can easily clean it up. My brows look amazing after applying with this product.

on 12/30/2010 12:48:00 PM

this is my go2 brow pencil to fill in my barely there brow! staying power is great it never fades i have oily skin.i set it with MAC wedge e/s

on 12/28/2010 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I was a die hard mineral brow powder user until I bought this product. I got tired of the mess and having to use a brush so I started looking for something else. I never wanted to try this because I always thought it would look fake or would rub off during the day. After all the good reviews I decided to try it. To my surprise it looks very natural and stays put all day! I would have given this product a 5 if it wouldnt break so much on me (I think that is mostly my fault tho). I love the packaging! I love that there is a brush on the end. And I really love how skinny the stick is. It makes it really easy to use. One tip I would give is to only twist a small amount of product (so you dont break it) and to use short feathery strokes.

EDIT:: I have mastered the gentle touch with this brush and this product deserves a 5!! My HG for brows!

on 12/27/2010 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

HG will repurchase this forever! one of my absolute best buys. I've used brow e/s and pencil before and never ever has it looked so natural and perfect. I love it.

on 12/21/2010 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I wouldn't buy this product again, and it is a shame that this is the case. I had the dark blonde color, and the finished result is very nice and natural looking. But like other reviewers, my pencil tip constantly broke off, even though I had barely twisted it up. I paid around 5 dollars for this, and was done with it in less than a month. I'll stick with my double ended Revlon brow wax thingie.

on 12/21/2010 1:42:00 PM

I'm on my second Define-a-Brow pencil in light blonde, and when it works correctly, it's great. The pencil is thin and firm, so it applies lightly, and the texture is dry, so you don't get a greasy, heavily pencilled brow.

The color is also great—a cool blonde that's not too red or gray. I also like the comb on the other end and use it to blend the color into my brows. I used to use a similar pencil from MAC, but spending that much isn't necessary.

But for some reason, my second pencil of Define-a-Brow breaks off easily while I'm using it, and I didn't have this problem with the first one. It's annoying to have the end of the product snap off and fall during application, and I never have it raised too high. Something is just wrong with the actual color stick.

I may buy this product one more time, since this stick may be a fluke, but if the next purchase ends up having the same problem, I'll probably move on to something else. Too bad. This is a great product, otherwise!

on 12/21/2010 12:34:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I use this product to fill in the corners of my eyebrows and it works great! The only thing they need to change is how it applies, as someone else on here said, if you press lightly then there's little to none of the product that goes on, but when you press a bit harder to apply the product then it goes on too heavy (and looks too visible). If I apply the product and I feel it looks too harsh, then I just smudge it lightly with my finger or a makeup remover cloth (which allows versatility in a way). Overall, I like this product and would recommend.

on 12/19/2010 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my new HG for eyebrows. I used to have nice thick brows but with thyroid issues and age they have thinned and disappeared in spots. My HG used to be a Chanel brow pencil for 12 years but it is close to $30.00 now. I bought this in Light Brown and Medium Brown and they both look natural - not a red cast at all. Stays put all day, too and no need for a sharpener. MAC, Dior, and Anastasia have similar products but you will pay a lot more than $6.00 for them - especially Dior and Anastasia run around $28.00. I got mine at Target for less than $6.00 each.

on 12/18/2010 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I really like this product. I purchased this because I wanted to try the MAC version, but I didn't want to spend the money.This a great alternative for those that don't want to spend a lot of money for an eye brow product. I do wish I would have done a little bit more research before purchasing though because in reality the MAC version is actually cheaper for how much product you're receiving.
The Maybelline is .001 oz, and I purchased it for around 6 dollars; the MAC is .003 for 15, so you're getting 3 times the product, and you're actually paying less when you add up how many times you'll have to re-buy the Maybelline in order to get the same amount as the MAC. BUT I do think this is a great product, and I would re-purchase.

on 12/15/2010 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I used to have such a difficult time making my eyebrows look natural until I discovered this. I bought this several months ago (I think in July, but I'm not completely sure) upon reading reviews here and have used it since. This makes it easy to create defined lines but is also easily blendable and stays put all day once I set it with powder. I don't understand how some people say that they blow through these so quickly because I'm still on my first one and I use this nearly every day.

Popular Brows Products