July 31, 2014 | 1804 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2008 4:24:00 PM More reviews by babyslk7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok, come to conclusion now. I've tried light medium, medium and medium plus. I own the Dark for bronzer. I have medium skintone, asian with yellow golden tone. The result I like light medium and then medium plus come in 2nd place. I hate the medium, looks ashy and chalky greyish on my asian tone. I have very oily and acne skin, during warmer weather, my makeup always oxidize and looks darker. So, I will get the light medium back instead of this one. Medium plus come close to my skin, but tends more on olive side. Think of latina skin, Jessica Alba or Eva Longoria, Jennifer Lopez suit in this. I can wear this too when I have medium to light tan skintone. Since it's really sheer and I want something to brighten the face, I will go with light medium. I own a lot of bronzer, so I don't need anything that will darken my face. Overall, this is pretty shade and suitable for most skintones. Especially if you want a little color (Caucasian with light skin), you can wear this. It's a great shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2008 10:25:00 PM More reviews by yglass

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am not sure if Medium Plus is now Dark because I bought my compact at a MAC counter and I bought Dark (which I can't find on MUA drop down menu).

I had high hopes for this product. For a natural-looking finish, it delivered. But as for color, it was bad. I am tan (use Tan in BE) and this made my skin look orange. If MAC would expand the color range for this product, I'd buy it again. I have oily skin and it did help me look dewy without obsessive re-application. It's a great product if you want your skin to look like skin and not a death mask. If the colors work for you, it's an HG product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2008 5:54:00 PM More reviews by AWILDA429

I love love love this product. I use my 187 skunk brush to apply my foundation mixed with my moisterizer. Then I use this to set the foundation with my Big blush brush.

OMG! It looks so natural and helps keep my foundation in place all day. Once the oils on my skin mix in with this product, I get such a great finish. Not too shiny and not too matte. I will be buying more of this when I run out.

I may buy a darker shade to use as a bronzer.

Only CON: It doesn't have a mirror. :-(

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2008 12:54:00 AM More reviews by ropey

I decided to try this after reading rave reviews about it on here. So far so good. Its a great light powder to wear over liquid foundation and also on its own. Doesn't leave that talc looking residue.
I wore it alone the other day when I was feeling ugly and hungover. My boyfriend kept looking at me saying I looked pretty. Thats good enough for me!
When I apply it alone i can't even see it on my skin, but after a few minutes it melts in and looks really natural and pretty.
The only downside to MAC is the price tag. I bought this powder and a Kohl pencil and it set me back nearly AU$80!
I would usually buy off ebay for 1/2 the price but I wanted it for the weekend. Oh well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2008 3:56:00 PM More reviews by bumbles26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Where do I start?! This has got to be the best thing since chocolate cake! I mean...wow. :)!

Let me start by saying what my skin is like - dry to normal, relatively clear skin with a few blemishes around my chin...GGG complexion. Now, I like to keep my face routine pretty simple and use as less as possible on my face...I've been looking for something that provides sheer coverage and evens out my skintone but doesn't make me look dry or cakey...I've tried so many brands of mineral make-up and have reached the point of being sick of it as it always ends up looking dry on me or disappears into thin air!

I decided to try this based on the many rave reviews on it, and boy do I love it! I apply it with the MAC 187 or a kabuki and the results are lovely! I get an even complexion with a glow that comes from I dont know where! It's not shimmery or shiny..its just radiant. I use it on top of concealer, and then spray some evian mist on top and I'm all set. :)

I really recommend this powder, it can be used on its own, as a finishing powder, a darker one can be used as a contour/bronzer..very versatile and well worth the price! Would buy again in a heartbeat!

EDIT: THIS BROKE ME OUT!!! :( I never break out with products, and this did, really unfortunate :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2008 6:53:00 PM More reviews by c00ki312

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Before this shade was released I had to use MSFN in Medium as it was the closest to my NC30 tone. But it made my face white. I've also got a bit of yellow/beige undertones and didnt think even this shade would work but omg it is a godsend! the contrast between medium and medium plus is not even visible in the pan but on the skin it covers everything perfectly. No need for concealor. Just buff with MAC 180 brush and my skin just glows and I dont have that thick foundation feeling I hate! It is honestly the next best thing to foundation and anyone with similar colouring should get this shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2008 10:25:00 AM More reviews by harls321

This is a great product. I like to use this as a finishing powder. It gives my skin a nice glow. I have also tried this as a foundation & it works great. Feels like I have nothing on. Looks perfectly natural. It is a wonderful multi-tasking powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2008 3:35:00 AM More reviews by iwasntlazyinmay

I can't believe I didn't review this yet! This is my favorite product from MAC aside from slimshines (i heart them) and lustreglass. I bought the studio fix powder/foundation first which I also love but hate when taking pictures. The talc has reflective particles which cause the camera's flash to catch it and leave you looking like a ghost. You could use liquid foundation but I prefer not to so I went to Mac and asked the artist what she recommends for a natural coverage that is buildable to medium coverage and that looks natural with pictures or just a "go to" powder/foundation. She suggested this and I am in love. I have used this in place of my Studio Fix foundation/powder everyday. I actually still use studio fix at times when I know pictures are not going to be taken but when I'm going to work or just the store, I will throw on this. It gives you the most natural coverage and with the right color and brush ( I use the MAC 182) you can really build the coverage or keep it sheer enough if you're having great skin days. This is a great product which is domed shaped and comes in a clear case. The only thing I don't like is that these don't come with a mirror like studio fix powder. I always carry my sonia kashuk retractable powder brush for touch-ups if I need it. This doesn't have spf which the loose mineralized make-up does however it can be used to set foundation or use for touch-ups. I have seen some people use this for bronzer if they get a darker color than their own. I think everyone should have this. It is great on the skin because it is mineralized make-up and doesn't clog pores. Get this when you have a chance or try it at a MAC counter. You won't regret it.

EDIT 6/18/2008: I always use this as a pressed powder now. It is my "go to" powder for everyday. Still using studio fix. But this doesn't need fix plus to get rid of the "powdery look." I also have changed brushes. I use my coastal scents paddle brush (which is the MAC 134-in a cheaper version) and its so lovely to set makeup. I use this to set my tinted moisturizer and its great.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2008 8:12:00 PM More reviews by LadyVader

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a pale face and tan body because tanning your face gives you wrinkles:) An MA used this on my face for a photshoot to add some color with out using bronzer, She used face and body in C1 as a foundation, then this over as a sort of contour to bring up the tones from my tan to my face-I ended up buying both products! A good idea if you have an uneven skintone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2008 2:40:00 PM More reviews by hicupcake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this when the N collection came out (January 08), and I have used it pretty much every day since! (It lasts a long time)

In the past, the powders that were "medium" were still too light for me, and dark was just way too dark. I can wear NC35, but sometimes it looks a bit too light. Medium plus is a great match! I like this product a lot, but at the end of the day, my skin is still oily, so that's why I took off a lippie.

The texture of this powder is great--silky soft! However, because it's so soft, a few swipes of a big brush is actually quite a bit of product, and it can make quite a mess if you're not careful. Due to the nature of Mineralize products, I DO NOT put this in my makeup bag and have it rattle around with everything else (they can break easily).

I frequently wear BE medium beige, and I use the Mineralize Skinfinish as a finishing powder instead of the BE mineral veil (this powder is supposed to have no color, but it looks really WHITE on me), and I also use it over other liquid foundations. In addition, I also load up my brush with powder and then spritz it with fix+ for heavier coverage when I want to use the powder as a light foundation. It does a pretty good job of covering the large pores on my nose and evening out my skintone, without making my face look perfectly plastic (a total plus).

I didn't get breakouts from this, but then again, my skin is NOT very sensitive to foundations and powders. I will definitely buy this again!