September 30, 2014 | 2036 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2008 10:21:00 PM More reviews by xjennlee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love MAC's MSFs in general so I do like this one too. However, I took one lippie off because of the limited choices of shades. I am an NC30 and don't think Medium Plus is my perfect shade. But Medium Dark made me look like an Oompa Loompa : ( so as of now, Medium Plus is the closed to my shade. I use it over my foundation to set it and also use it without foundation whenever I don't want too much on. Also, when using it on top of foundation, please remember to only use a little! The shade turns a little darker on top of foundation so I just swipe only once and then buff it with my 182. Overall, this is pretty decent. Won't say I love it but will continue to use it. I probably won't repurchase though; I'd rather use MAC Blot Powder to set the foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2008 8:23:00 PM More reviews by sashimigirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't generally use foundation because I hate the feel and look of liquid foundation on my skin, but got sucked in by the idea of MAC doing a mineral powder foundation. The quality! The color range! The MAC name! lol.

It's sold as a setting powder but I think a lot of people use it as a sheer-coverage powder foundation, and that's how I've been using it. It comes in a compact with a see-through lid. The powder itself is "domed" and has subtle glimmer swirled in throughout the product. There's no puff included, which is ok with me because I think you really need to use a brush, but I would have liked a mirror...

I've had this a few days and I really like the product -- I have oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin that usually breaks out in zits or a rash at the drop of a hat if there's one irritating ingredient in the product. So far my skin is liking this, even though it does have a chemical sunscreen in the formula. Interesting since I usually am allergic to those.

I use a kabuki brush to buff it on over my moisturizer and concealer in the morning. I have some freckling and usually some light acne scarring and this does a good job of giving sheer coverage and also diffusing light enough to soften the imperfections w/o looking like a mask. I prefer this sort of natural coverage, but you can build coverage. At the store the MA spritzed Fix+ on my face first *then* buffed on the Mineralize -- and this gave medium coverage.

Before I used this I only wore concealer and Sheer Select Loose Powder. Using the Mineralize it does seem like my skin is more "protected" from the elements -- less itchy and just less "reactive" overall.

It does look a bit chalky to me by itself so I spritz Fix+ after as suggested by the MA and that gives it more of a dewy look. I have oily skin and it doesn't control shine that much, but it doesn't make it worse either. My usual Sheer Select pressed powder seems to work fine for touchups.

The tricky part seems to be finding the right shade. I'm a NC35/40 Asian w/golden undertones and was first matched as a Medium Dark, which when first put on seemed like a good match. But because I have oily skin the stuff turned too dark and a little orange after a few hours. So I exchanged for the next lighter shade, Medium Plus and it's much better, especially once it's been on for an hour or so. So, oily gals might want to consider buying a shade lighter.

Edit 9/21/08 - spoke too soon! Gah it's too pink. I give up. I'm gonna go back and try StudioFix now. Too bad cause besides the shade issues I really liked Mineralize.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2008 4:29:00 AM More reviews by mizsassy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I take back what i said before, this thing is awesome!! Just be careful to get the right shade! I got Medium before and it was too white that's why it looked greyish and ashy on my face, and I posted the comment for Medium here! Sorry!! Now that I switched to Medium Plus the result is amazing!! Works wonders with Mac #187 stippling brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2008 4:24:00 PM More reviews by babyslk7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok, come to conclusion now. I've tried light medium, medium and medium plus. I own the Dark for bronzer. I have medium skintone, asian with yellow golden tone. The result I like light medium and then medium plus come in 2nd place. I hate the medium, looks ashy and chalky greyish on my asian tone. I have very oily and acne skin, during warmer weather, my makeup always oxidize and looks darker. So, I will get the light medium back instead of this one. Medium plus come close to my skin, but tends more on olive side. Think of latina skin, Jessica Alba or Eva Longoria, Jennifer Lopez suit in this. I can wear this too when I have medium to light tan skintone. Since it's really sheer and I want something to brighten the face, I will go with light medium. I own a lot of bronzer, so I don't need anything that will darken my face. Overall, this is pretty shade and suitable for most skintones. Especially if you want a little color (Caucasian with light skin), you can wear this. It's a great shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2008 10:25:00 PM More reviews by yglass

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am not sure if Medium Plus is now Dark because I bought my compact at a MAC counter and I bought Dark (which I can't find on MUA drop down menu).

I had high hopes for this product. For a natural-looking finish, it delivered. But as for color, it was bad. I am tan (use Tan in BE) and this made my skin look orange. If MAC would expand the color range for this product, I'd buy it again. I have oily skin and it did help me look dewy without obsessive re-application. It's a great product if you want your skin to look like skin and not a death mask. If the colors work for you, it's an HG product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2008 5:54:00 PM More reviews by AWILDA429

I love love love this product. I use my 187 skunk brush to apply my foundation mixed with my moisterizer. Then I use this to set the foundation with my Big blush brush.

OMG! It looks so natural and helps keep my foundation in place all day. Once the oils on my skin mix in with this product, I get such a great finish. Not too shiny and not too matte. I will be buying more of this when I run out.

I may buy a darker shade to use as a bronzer.

Only CON: It doesn't have a mirror. :-(

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2008 12:54:00 AM More reviews by ropey

I decided to try this after reading rave reviews about it on here. So far so good. Its a great light powder to wear over liquid foundation and also on its own. Doesn't leave that talc looking residue.
I wore it alone the other day when I was feeling ugly and hungover. My boyfriend kept looking at me saying I looked pretty. Thats good enough for me!
When I apply it alone i can't even see it on my skin, but after a few minutes it melts in and looks really natural and pretty.
The only downside to MAC is the price tag. I bought this powder and a Kohl pencil and it set me back nearly AU$80!
I would usually buy off ebay for 1/2 the price but I wanted it for the weekend. Oh well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2008 3:56:00 PM More reviews by bumbles26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Where do I start?! This has got to be the best thing since chocolate cake! I mean...wow. :)!

Let me start by saying what my skin is like - dry to normal, relatively clear skin with a few blemishes around my chin...GGG complexion. Now, I like to keep my face routine pretty simple and use as less as possible on my face...I've been looking for something that provides sheer coverage and evens out my skintone but doesn't make me look dry or cakey...I've tried so many brands of mineral make-up and have reached the point of being sick of it as it always ends up looking dry on me or disappears into thin air!

I decided to try this based on the many rave reviews on it, and boy do I love it! I apply it with the MAC 187 or a kabuki and the results are lovely! I get an even complexion with a glow that comes from I dont know where! It's not shimmery or shiny..its just radiant. I use it on top of concealer, and then spray some evian mist on top and I'm all set. :)

I really recommend this powder, it can be used on its own, as a finishing powder, a darker one can be used as a contour/bronzer..very versatile and well worth the price! Would buy again in a heartbeat!

EDIT: THIS BROKE ME OUT!!! :( I never break out with products, and this did, really unfortunate :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2008 6:53:00 PM More reviews by c00ki312

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Before this shade was released I had to use MSFN in Medium as it was the closest to my NC30 tone. But it made my face white. I've also got a bit of yellow/beige undertones and didnt think even this shade would work but omg it is a godsend! the contrast between medium and medium plus is not even visible in the pan but on the skin it covers everything perfectly. No need for concealor. Just buff with MAC 180 brush and my skin just glows and I dont have that thick foundation feeling I hate! It is honestly the next best thing to foundation and anyone with similar colouring should get this shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2008 10:25:00 AM More reviews by harls321

This is a great product. I like to use this as a finishing powder. It gives my skin a nice glow. I have also tried this as a foundation & it works great. Feels like I have nothing on. Looks perfectly natural. It is a wonderful multi-tasking powder.