April 21, 2014 | 1878 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2008 3:56:00 PM More reviews by bumbles26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Where do I start?! This has got to be the best thing since chocolate cake! I mean...wow. :)!

Let me start by saying what my skin is like - dry to normal, relatively clear skin with a few blemishes around my chin...GGG complexion. Now, I like to keep my face routine pretty simple and use as less as possible on my face...I've been looking for something that provides sheer coverage and evens out my skintone but doesn't make me look dry or cakey...I've tried so many brands of mineral make-up and have reached the point of being sick of it as it always ends up looking dry on me or disappears into thin air!

I decided to try this based on the many rave reviews on it, and boy do I love it! I apply it with the MAC 187 or a kabuki and the results are lovely! I get an even complexion with a glow that comes from I dont know where! It's not shimmery or shiny..its just radiant. I use it on top of concealer, and then spray some evian mist on top and I'm all set. :)

I really recommend this powder, it can be used on its own, as a finishing powder, a darker one can be used as a contour/bronzer..very versatile and well worth the price! Would buy again in a heartbeat!

EDIT: THIS BROKE ME OUT!!! :( I never break out with products, and this did, really unfortunate :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2008 6:53:00 PM More reviews by c00ki312

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Before this shade was released I had to use MSFN in Medium as it was the closest to my NC30 tone. But it made my face white. I've also got a bit of yellow/beige undertones and didnt think even this shade would work but omg it is a godsend! the contrast between medium and medium plus is not even visible in the pan but on the skin it covers everything perfectly. No need for concealor. Just buff with MAC 180 brush and my skin just glows and I dont have that thick foundation feeling I hate! It is honestly the next best thing to foundation and anyone with similar colouring should get this shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2008 10:25:00 AM More reviews by harls321

This is a great product. I like to use this as a finishing powder. It gives my skin a nice glow. I have also tried this as a foundation & it works great. Feels like I have nothing on. Looks perfectly natural. It is a wonderful multi-tasking powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2008 3:35:00 AM More reviews by iwasntlazyinmay

I can't believe I didn't review this yet! This is my favorite product from MAC aside from slimshines (i heart them) and lustreglass. I bought the studio fix powder/foundation first which I also love but hate when taking pictures. The talc has reflective particles which cause the camera's flash to catch it and leave you looking like a ghost. You could use liquid foundation but I prefer not to so I went to Mac and asked the artist what she recommends for a natural coverage that is buildable to medium coverage and that looks natural with pictures or just a "go to" powder/foundation. She suggested this and I am in love. I have used this in place of my Studio Fix foundation/powder everyday. I actually still use studio fix at times when I know pictures are not going to be taken but when I'm going to work or just the store, I will throw on this. It gives you the most natural coverage and with the right color and brush ( I use the MAC 182) you can really build the coverage or keep it sheer enough if you're having great skin days. This is a great product which is domed shaped and comes in a clear case. The only thing I don't like is that these don't come with a mirror like studio fix powder. I always carry my sonia kashuk retractable powder brush for touch-ups if I need it. This doesn't have spf which the loose mineralized make-up does however it can be used to set foundation or use for touch-ups. I have seen some people use this for bronzer if they get a darker color than their own. I think everyone should have this. It is great on the skin because it is mineralized make-up and doesn't clog pores. Get this when you have a chance or try it at a MAC counter. You won't regret it.

EDIT 6/18/2008: I always use this as a pressed powder now. It is my "go to" powder for everyday. Still using studio fix. But this doesn't need fix plus to get rid of the "powdery look." I also have changed brushes. I use my coastal scents paddle brush (which is the MAC 134-in a cheaper version) and its so lovely to set makeup. I use this to set my tinted moisturizer and its great.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2008 8:12:00 PM More reviews by LadyVader

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a pale face and tan body because tanning your face gives you wrinkles:) An MA used this on my face for a photshoot to add some color with out using bronzer, She used face and body in C1 as a foundation, then this over as a sort of contour to bring up the tones from my tan to my face-I ended up buying both products! A good idea if you have an uneven skintone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2008 2:40:00 PM More reviews by hicupcake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this when the N collection came out (January 08), and I have used it pretty much every day since! (It lasts a long time)

In the past, the powders that were "medium" were still too light for me, and dark was just way too dark. I can wear NC35, but sometimes it looks a bit too light. Medium plus is a great match! I like this product a lot, but at the end of the day, my skin is still oily, so that's why I took off a lippie.

The texture of this powder is great--silky soft! However, because it's so soft, a few swipes of a big brush is actually quite a bit of product, and it can make quite a mess if you're not careful. Due to the nature of Mineralize products, I DO NOT put this in my makeup bag and have it rattle around with everything else (they can break easily).

I frequently wear BE medium beige, and I use the Mineralize Skinfinish as a finishing powder instead of the BE mineral veil (this powder is supposed to have no color, but it looks really WHITE on me), and I also use it over other liquid foundations. In addition, I also load up my brush with powder and then spritz it with fix+ for heavier coverage when I want to use the powder as a light foundation. It does a pretty good job of covering the large pores on my nose and evening out my skintone, without making my face look perfectly plastic (a total plus).

I didn't get breakouts from this, but then again, my skin is NOT very sensitive to foundations and powders. I will definitely buy this again!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2008 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Xiriah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to like this product. I liked the texture, the color, the finish, etc, BUT there is one big problem with it for me... It broke me out. :(

My skin is the best that it has been in years since I've started taking better care of it and found out what works for me plus since I started the pill, it cleared my skin up to the point where I only get a zit if I touch my skin too much, it's close to that time of the month or something irritates my skin. This gave me a huge zit on my cheek after a day of using it. Plus, after an hour or so, it looked oily on my skin.

The price is a bit much, then again it is MAC. I think I'll stick to Clinique's products. They suit my skin well and don't break me out. Sigh, but it is such a lovely powder...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2008 11:29:00 AM More reviews by anglomania86

I absolutely love this. I didn't think I could be swayed away from using Clinique foundations/powders but it seems I was wrong! I have been using this as a sheer foundation because it evens out my complexion yet looks completely natural. The colour is buildable though if you don't want to go too sheer. I use my 187 brush and that is what the MU used on me. Otherwise a buffer brush like the 182 would give you more of a coverage. The colour is perfect for me (I'm an NW25) and it seems to match my exact skin tone. It works really well on my oily skin too which is the most important thing when it comes to powders and foundations. I loved it so much that I bought medium deep to contour with too :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2008 4:20:00 PM More reviews by alka1

Just started using this product... What can I say that hasn't been said already. This powder is perfection. Medium Plus is the perfect shade for me (NC35 in Studio Tech) The shade is absolutely perfect for me.

The powder on the other hand feels like a dream on the skin. It doesn't feel drying or chalky like all the other powders i've used. I haven't used it over foundation yet, but I still find it provides decent coverage all on its own. It isn't heavy by any means, but coverage is buildable from sheer to medium. This is a definite must-have, and I can't recommend it enough.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2008 3:42:00 PM More reviews by PaintedBlue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This seems to be my answer to the fact that I despise foundation. I love the ease with which is goes on...and how I can adjust the coverage by changing from a big, loose, fluffy brush, to a large, tight kabuki brush. A little spritz of water makes it seems to just sink in, but not in such a way that it accentuates pores, etc...
I still carry my MAC Blot powder in my purse because I have always had a very oily t-zone. I don't think anytime in the near future (or any product) will change that.