September 30, 2014 | 1628 users online

Brows - Castor Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

my grandmother was well known for her beauty -- especially her eyes and of course long eyelashes.

One of the beauty secrets that she passed on to all her kids and grand kids was Castor oil. I have used this on my eyelashes which are now thicker than ever and I have again started to use it on my brows which need a boost (age makes your lashes and brows get thin).

This is great for small frown lines if you warm it in your hands and pat it on -- be careful of T zone if you have problem skin.. other than that you cannot go wrong with this all natural product.

obviously if you are constipated, a teaspoon before bed works miracles too:)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2009 5:50:00 AM More reviews by Yay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Not giving it 5 lippies since I can't tell if castor oil clogs my pores yet. Otherwise this stuff is amazing for lashes and brows. Within really 2 days of use (a clean skinny liner brush lightly dipped in the oil and applied to clean lash line and brows before bed) I feel and see a change. I had been using a non rx lash growth gel with good results, but castor oil works faster in comparison for me. Trying the oil on my scalp now, I'm so impressed. And I'm not easily impressed - I just tend to write reviews for things that work really well for me, forgetting the rest. I'd write more but just give castor oil a shot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2009 10:47:00 PM More reviews by ChristmasMom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OK. Yes. I admit that I am a card carrying member of Tweezer User Anonymous. My brows are overplucked. To top it off, I have a low thyroid that causes brow hair loss, too. My eyelashes have never been so hot, either. Well, castor oil has changed things more than I expected. My lashes are so conditioned and, dare I say it, longer. With Shiseido primer and Dior Iconic Mascara, my lashes are nearly reaching the brows now! Darn! I really should have taken a before pic!!!
The outer lashes are so long that I've had to relearn how to curl my lashes.

As far as my brows go, I can't exactly tell since I've been looking at them so carefully and stopped having them waxed. It seems that they are fuller and healthier looking, but I can't be sure it is the castor oil 100%.

I'd like the brows to be even fuller. Ungrateful, yes, that sounds ungrateful.

The downside is that I do seem to have more fine downy hair above my brows - much more than I remembered. I'm going to apply the castor oil more carefully now - - I was just slopping it on with a Qtip before. Now, I am going to be more careful.

Time used: Two months.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2009 8:14:00 PM More reviews by sagc

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has not changed my eyelashes at all. I've been using it over two months. I put it on the base of my lashes and the lashes themselves at night. Not at all irritating at all tho it sometimes gets slightly into my eyes and makes reading in bed a little difficult. I was really hoping for some dramatic change but haven't seen one. Possibly this is because I have been putting vaseline on my lashes (a trick my mother taught me) ever since I was a young teenager and maybe it works the same and maybe I have gotten as much results as I am going to. To be fair, I have very decent lashes especially for my age (60's) They've never gotten shorter, thinner or lighter as I read from so many women as they age. Perhaps it's just having some sort of grease on your lashes after removing makeup that keeps them in good shape. I plan to keep using this and hoping for more length.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2009 1:48:00 AM More reviews by goddessintraining

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought castor oil to try on my eyelashes. I dip a cotton swab into the oil and brush it back and forth over my lashes.

I have no idea how it works, but within 2 weeks, I could see a difference...my dh could see the difference as well. Because 2 weeks isn't even a full growth cycle for lashes, I have no explanation as to what was causing the improvement I saw & I wasn't entirely convinced I wasn't imagining it at first. I would say I hit maximum effect by about the 8 week mark, meaning it was as good as it would get at that point. My lashes were longer & thicker & a tiny little area that had gone a bit sparse was filled back in.

The long and short of it is that I always had long, full lashes but after age 35 they became a little less luscious, the castor oil brought them back to what they were when I was a child. I will keep using this. It's very inexpensive at under $5 for a bottle that will last for ages.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2009 8:16:00 PM More reviews by akirasneah

I dream about having defined thick brows like Megan Fox, but after years of overplucking mine are thin and light. I used Billion Dollar Brows and it worked like a charm, but it's pricey for 5ml. I read that castor oil is just as good as Rogaine for growth of eyebrows. I tried it and after 2 months of using it nightly I see some that it's gotten darker! Yay! But it's still thin and it took twice as long as the Billion Dollar Brows Brow Serum. My skin is acne-prone and it caused little zits to emerge around my brows. But I shouldn't complain it's cheap and does work just not as effectively as hoped. I will continue to use until I can afford to buy BDB.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2009 7:46:00 PM More reviews by karen137972

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Had it not been for MUA I would have never realized the amazing benefits castor oil provides eyelashes and brows. I held off 5 weeks before writing a review. During that time I have applied the oil to my top and bottom lashes with a mascara wand that has only been used for this purpose. The pharmacist at the grocery store had a 2 oz. little bottle of oil which is a great size for the wand. For the first two weeks I applied every night and for the following three about four nights a week. My lashes are longer, fuller,and just beautiful! About once or twice a week I run the wand through my brows, but I really don't want them to grow, but if that's what you would like then if you did the same routine I used on my lashes then I believe it would also work for your eyebrows. I highly recommend this for anyone, the results are amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2009 6:42:00 PM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

There's a difference between the one that you buy at the drug store and Whole Foods version. The drug store brand smells stronger. The Jamaican version also smells smokier and stronger. The Whole Foods brand has a really mild scent to it but they all work the same and it's a really cheap natural product.
I use it straight at night all over my face and in the day mix a drop with a lot of Cetaphil for my body and Palmers Cocoa Butter for my face. It really moisturizes, prevents wrinkles and it also has anti bacterial properties. Look it up on the web to see the full benefits. Apparently they even used to use castor oil in Ancient Egypt!!
I use 2 parts castor oil mixed with 1 part pure coconut oil, 2 parts olive oil and 1 part pure shea butter on my hair after I wash/condition it. It eliminates the need for hair serum, moisturizer, or straightening cream and the castor oil mix makes the flat iron go smoothly through my hair and makes it straighter than anythng else I've ever tried.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2009 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Mutschi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This made my lashes 2x fuller. I read a review and didn`t believe it. Then I met this girl on my holiday in portugal and she was completely bare-faced and had the most incredible lashes I`ve ever seen. I told her that she has beautiful lashes and she told me that they used to be very thin and that she needed loads of mascara to show them at all and that she started using castor oil to help them grow. I started using it to and WOW..
I don`t know how it works but it works! I really have to be careful now how much mascara I apply because with some mascaras I can`t open my eyes properly now since my lashes are touching my eyebrows before my eyes are fully opened...
Good stuff!
I also tried to use this on the rest of my face but it broke me out. I will continue using this on my lashes though!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2009 11:43:00 PM More reviews by untinnu

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I canNOT believe that I have NOT review this yet. I heard about Castor Oil from trying out the Oil Cleansing Method, so when I research castor oil, on MUA and other sites, I came across a lot of post about gals using it for eyelash/eyebrow growth. I decided to purchase it and tried it one night. I woke up the next morning and already saw a difference in length. I used it every night for a week, and my sister commented on it, then I told her about it, and she decided to try it too (even I had more lashes than her, and I barely had any). She ended up waking me up at 6 the next morning to tell me to look at her lashes. She was so excited, and then ended up taking my CO with her when she went back home.
I will warn that this does cause breakout, for me anyways, well, I WAS using it for every night, now I cut it down to once every 3-4 days..and I LOVE it! My lashes are beautiful.
ALSO! now I have lashes on my bottom lid. and they're long too!