December 19, 2014 | 1652 users online

Brows - Castor Oil

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2009 2:19:00 PM More reviews by loveisblind

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I have been using this product for about 2 months now on my eyelashes and I don't think it has helped my lashes grow. I have been using this every night. I will continue to use this to see if there will be any difference down the line but for now I think castor oil just helps to maybe condition lashes. It's good to know that it has helped some people's lashes grow. I already have long eyelashes but I just wanted really fully eyelashes. I guess you could say I was aiming for the false eye lash effect. Maybe it works for some but not others. This stuff is cheap so give it a try. You have nothing to loose.

UPDATE***
I have stopped using this product b/c causes me to get styes (sp). I didn't realize that this was causing the styes until I read somewhere that castor oil can do that. I now use olive oil on my eyelashes and so far no styes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2009 3:07:00 PM More reviews by novelist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Edited to add 1/31/10: It has taken the better part of a year, but the hairs throughout the brow, from head to tail, are noticeably fuller, probably by about 30 percent. I continue with the same routine, except now I use MUFE Brow Corrector which works great with the bit of squalane rubbed into the brow hairs.

About a year ago, I started using castor oil on my brows to try to reverse the loss of hairs and loss of softness which had occurred because of certain ingredients in brow products which over the course of time had stunted growth and made the hair really coarse. My age has caused some decline in hair production of my brows but I was determined to at least try to make up for the damage done by brow products.

The process was three-step. First, I refused to use any brow product without first working a bit of Smith's Rosebud Salve or a drop of squalane into the hairs. Then I ditched products with wax and the Laura Mercier Brow Definer which I truly loved. Her products used to have a lot more castor oil and good ingredients in them and they have become degraded with cheaper chemicals. The last step was to rub into the brow hairs each night, after my nightly face ritual, some of the castor oil from the little bottle I keep in my water closet (that way it is warm).

I can honestly say that the hair which had disappeared is back; new hairs, I don't think so. I think this gentle bean derivative is very good for restoring the hair follicle and thus regenerating recently lost hair. In addition, the brow hairs are very soft. Gone is the coarseness which had been a problem for a few years. I also use it for cuticles which have split and continue to resist healing (because of the dry air which caused them to split) and castor oil ends the vicious cycle. I have even used it on split corners of my mouth.

I will re-purchase on a yearly basis because I think that air getting into the small bottle degrades the oil somewhat, but it is cheaper than dirt.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2009 1:04:00 PM More reviews by GingerLemon

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

After using Castor Oil on my brows and lashes, I noticed a difference in the growth of both lashes and brows.
My lashes are more filled in and longer, my brows are starting to get thicker.
Although I don't think my brows or lashes will ever be extra-lush (never were) they are lusher than before.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2009 12:35:00 PM More reviews by josiecat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't think this really makes more lashes grow. However, it does condition my lashes so that I lose fewer of them & the ones I have already have are able to keep growing a bit. I definitely notice a difference, but it's not that dramatic. I think it's worth a try, especially since castor oil is dirt cheap.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2009 11:53:00 AM More reviews by ManhattanMermaid

WOW, this really did make my lashes grow longer in 3 weeks (and I even skipped a night or two)! I am totally surprised. It also made the sparse parts of my eye brows grow in, now I no longer have lopsided brows! I took off one lippie because it didn't give me the extra thickening of the lashes that I wanted, but I am going to continue to use this and if my eyelashes do thicken, I will add the extra lippie.

What I did was trim the very tips of my lashes. Then applied the castor oil for 3 weeks. It worked! They are longer than what I started with. Some lashes are longer than others but, that's okay with me, it just shows that the product is working. With mascara on (CG Lash Blast) my lashes miss my eyebrows by a couple of millimeters!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2009 3:23:00 PM More reviews by joanna98

I'm in shock, my eyelashes have actually grown - like loads!! I don't know how it's happened but they are really quite a bit longer... even my boyfriend said to me the other day (after a week's use!) - 'your eyelashes look really long'?! No prompting!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2009 2:45:00 PM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried this in hopes it will make my eyebrows and eyelashes grow. The problem is, it causes milia on me :-(
No matter how little of the oil I put on my lashline, it always somehow smears on my eyelids a little or to the side on the side of the top of the bridge of my nose (you know, right beside the eye). wherever it touches, I wake up with a new milia dot! :-(
I think the oil is just too heavy for my skin & it can't handle it.

My eyebrows have filled out some, so I wish I could keep using it but alas.
My eyelashes look more healthy and conditioned, but I havne't noticed any growth. i think I will try just olive oil or jojoba oil on them b/c I think it gives the same results.

As for a cleanser: yes, it does work well when following the oil cleansing method, and my pores were cleaner for a day or two:
however, I have problems with this as well...in order to get the oil off, you have to steam your face and rub with a hot wet washcloth...well this causes my broken capillaries on my nose to get worse, so I dare not do this much!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2009 3:03:00 PM More reviews by karen2829

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am still in the process of using this product for my eyelashes and brows.. I will update this in one week. Meanwhile I am going to review this as a cleanser.. Yes you read right.. as a cleanser.. OH MY GOSH !! I am in total shock ! I have normal skin with a few blackheads. I followed the Oil Cleaning method as per this link: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/OIL-CLEANSING-METHOD-Hi-t141871.html
and Surprise ! It works better than my favorite cleanser PURITY by Philosophy. I have sensitive skin and it did not cause any breakouts. IN FACT my skin is less oily ( which is not much but it's enough for me to touch up my makeup around noon-ish ) Better yet.. It has freed me from the claws of having to use a PRIMER !! WOW ! truly amazing .. Hope you try it !!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

my grandmother was well known for her beauty -- especially her eyes and of course long eyelashes.

One of the beauty secrets that she passed on to all her kids and grand kids was Castor oil. I have used this on my eyelashes which are now thicker than ever and I have again started to use it on my brows which need a boost (age makes your lashes and brows get thin).

This is great for small frown lines if you warm it in your hands and pat it on -- be careful of T zone if you have problem skin.. other than that you cannot go wrong with this all natural product.

obviously if you are constipated, a teaspoon before bed works miracles too:)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2009 5:50:00 AM More reviews by Yay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Not giving it 5 lippies since I can't tell if castor oil clogs my pores yet. Otherwise this stuff is amazing for lashes and brows. Within really 2 days of use (a clean skinny liner brush lightly dipped in the oil and applied to clean lash line and brows before bed) I feel and see a change. I had been using a non rx lash growth gel with good results, but castor oil works faster in comparison for me. Trying the oil on my scalp now, I'm so impressed. And I'm not easily impressed - I just tend to write reviews for things that work really well for me, forgetting the rest. I'd write more but just give castor oil a shot.