November 23, 2014 | 2073 users online

Brows - Castor Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2009 1:04:00 PM More reviews by GingerLemon

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

After using Castor Oil on my brows and lashes, I noticed a difference in the growth of both lashes and brows.
My lashes are more filled in and longer, my brows are starting to get thicker.
Although I don't think my brows or lashes will ever be extra-lush (never were) they are lusher than before.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2009 12:35:00 PM More reviews by josiecat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't think this really makes more lashes grow. However, it does condition my lashes so that I lose fewer of them & the ones I have already have are able to keep growing a bit. I definitely notice a difference, but it's not that dramatic. I think it's worth a try, especially since castor oil is dirt cheap.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2009 11:53:00 AM More reviews by ManhattanMermaid

WOW, this really did make my lashes grow longer in 3 weeks (and I even skipped a night or two)! I am totally surprised. It also made the sparse parts of my eye brows grow in, now I no longer have lopsided brows! I took off one lippie because it didn't give me the extra thickening of the lashes that I wanted, but I am going to continue to use this and if my eyelashes do thicken, I will add the extra lippie.

What I did was trim the very tips of my lashes. Then applied the castor oil for 3 weeks. It worked! They are longer than what I started with. Some lashes are longer than others but, that's okay with me, it just shows that the product is working. With mascara on (CG Lash Blast) my lashes miss my eyebrows by a couple of millimeters!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2009 3:23:00 PM More reviews by joanna98

I'm in shock, my eyelashes have actually grown - like loads!! I don't know how it's happened but they are really quite a bit longer... even my boyfriend said to me the other day (after a week's use!) - 'your eyelashes look really long'?! No prompting!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2009 2:45:00 PM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried this in hopes it will make my eyebrows and eyelashes grow. The problem is, it causes milia on me :-(
No matter how little of the oil I put on my lashline, it always somehow smears on my eyelids a little or to the side on the side of the top of the bridge of my nose (you know, right beside the eye). wherever it touches, I wake up with a new milia dot! :-(
I think the oil is just too heavy for my skin & it can't handle it.

My eyebrows have filled out some, so I wish I could keep using it but alas.
My eyelashes look more healthy and conditioned, but I havne't noticed any growth. i think I will try just olive oil or jojoba oil on them b/c I think it gives the same results.

As for a cleanser: yes, it does work well when following the oil cleansing method, and my pores were cleaner for a day or two:
however, I have problems with this as well...in order to get the oil off, you have to steam your face and rub with a hot wet washcloth...well this causes my broken capillaries on my nose to get worse, so I dare not do this much!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2009 3:03:00 PM More reviews by karen2829

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am still in the process of using this product for my eyelashes and brows.. I will update this in one week. Meanwhile I am going to review this as a cleanser.. Yes you read right.. as a cleanser.. OH MY GOSH !! I am in total shock ! I have normal skin with a few blackheads. I followed the Oil Cleaning method as per this link: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/OIL-CLEANSING-METHOD-Hi-t141871.html
and Surprise ! It works better than my favorite cleanser PURITY by Philosophy. I have sensitive skin and it did not cause any breakouts. IN FACT my skin is less oily ( which is not much but it's enough for me to touch up my makeup around noon-ish ) Better yet.. It has freed me from the claws of having to use a PRIMER !! WOW ! truly amazing .. Hope you try it !!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

my grandmother was well known for her beauty -- especially her eyes and of course long eyelashes.

One of the beauty secrets that she passed on to all her kids and grand kids was Castor oil. I have used this on my eyelashes which are now thicker than ever and I have again started to use it on my brows which need a boost (age makes your lashes and brows get thin).

This is great for small frown lines if you warm it in your hands and pat it on -- be careful of T zone if you have problem skin.. other than that you cannot go wrong with this all natural product.

obviously if you are constipated, a teaspoon before bed works miracles too:)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2009 5:50:00 AM More reviews by Yay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Not giving it 5 lippies since I can't tell if castor oil clogs my pores yet. Otherwise this stuff is amazing for lashes and brows. Within really 2 days of use (a clean skinny liner brush lightly dipped in the oil and applied to clean lash line and brows before bed) I feel and see a change. I had been using a non rx lash growth gel with good results, but castor oil works faster in comparison for me. Trying the oil on my scalp now, I'm so impressed. And I'm not easily impressed - I just tend to write reviews for things that work really well for me, forgetting the rest. I'd write more but just give castor oil a shot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2009 10:47:00 PM More reviews by ChristmasMom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OK. Yes. I admit that I am a card carrying member of Tweezer User Anonymous. My brows are overplucked. To top it off, I have a low thyroid that causes brow hair loss, too. My eyelashes have never been so hot, either. Well, castor oil has changed things more than I expected. My lashes are so conditioned and, dare I say it, longer. With Shiseido primer and Dior Iconic Mascara, my lashes are nearly reaching the brows now! Darn! I really should have taken a before pic!!!
The outer lashes are so long that I've had to relearn how to curl my lashes.

As far as my brows go, I can't exactly tell since I've been looking at them so carefully and stopped having them waxed. It seems that they are fuller and healthier looking, but I can't be sure it is the castor oil 100%.

I'd like the brows to be even fuller. Ungrateful, yes, that sounds ungrateful.

The downside is that I do seem to have more fine downy hair above my brows - much more than I remembered. I'm going to apply the castor oil more carefully now - - I was just slopping it on with a Qtip before. Now, I am going to be more careful.

Time used: Two months.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2009 8:14:00 PM More reviews by sagc

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has not changed my eyelashes at all. I've been using it over two months. I put it on the base of my lashes and the lashes themselves at night. Not at all irritating at all tho it sometimes gets slightly into my eyes and makes reading in bed a little difficult. I was really hoping for some dramatic change but haven't seen one. Possibly this is because I have been putting vaseline on my lashes (a trick my mother taught me) ever since I was a young teenager and maybe it works the same and maybe I have gotten as much results as I am going to. To be fair, I have very decent lashes especially for my age (60's) They've never gotten shorter, thinner or lighter as I read from so many women as they age. Perhaps it's just having some sort of grease on your lashes after removing makeup that keeps them in good shape. I plan to keep using this and hoping for more length.