November 21, 2014 | 1647 users online

Masks - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Masque

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2007 1:32:00 PM More reviews by jescrawf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For your basic mask, I love this. Dont know if it does anything dramatic but my face feels great afterwards!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2007 11:25:00 AM More reviews by rubykiwi

i have combination skin with a very oil t-zone and am very very prone to acne and have lots of acne scars on my face. I've never used a mask before so it was probably my mistake when i used it right after i showered... it does BURN SLIGHTLY as you're putting it on and i do *not* have sensitive skin. But I sucked it up and applied it over my skin. The minty smell is nice and the paste hardens. After 20min, i removed it with water, and i noticed that my pores definitely got smaller! I'm not sure if it's as effective on my pimples since i've been using 10% benzoyl peroxide which does the trick. The next morning, I don't see a difference on my skin..my face is oily from the night and my pores are visible again. After washing my face twice after the entire day, I still smell sulfur on my face!! But it's very faint and I can deal with it.

It's my first use, so I didn't expect any instant results...I am going to continue using it to see what happens. So far, I don't see that the mask did anything for me besides temporary pore shrinkage so I probably would not buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2007 11:59:00 PM More reviews by face_on

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this mask after reading reviews and the message boards on MUA, and I wasn't disappointed. I had turned into a bit of a skincare snob over the last decade, always buying very expensive stuff and I couldn't believe that this old-fashioned looking squeeze tube would work. Well, it did. Does it work miracles? No, but nothing really does for my acne. My skin feels nice and smooth after I use it, and the pores are smaller. The mask dries up the oil, helps to heal blemishes and with regular use twice a week, I've noticed I have fewer blackheads and breakouts. The sulfur in the mask is the ingredient that I believe does the trick, and this mask is a tiny fraction of the cost of some sulfur masks (it may contain less sulfur than the DDF mask), so it is worth a try for about three dollars. I like the smell, which kind of reminds me of Wrigleys doublemint chewing gum. Also, this mask doesn't sting my face on application like some masks have in the past. I also use the Queen Helene Mud Pack Mask once a week for firming and pore cleansing, and it is also very effective and as cheap as can be. I am changing my ways-all because something costs a fortune and has a dermatologist's name on the package doesn't mean it's better.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2007 3:25:00 PM More reviews by viryi

I've been using this for years, usually about once or twice a week when I remember to -- and the results for me have been great. It's not an ultra-strong mask that will pull out stubborn whiteheads/blackheads like an adhesive nose strip will, but I wasn't expecting that, so I was not disappointed when it didn't perform that task. The mask does, however, shrink my pores and tighten up my skin so it feels soft, smooth, and unbelievably clean. I've found thorough rinsing and moisturizing afterwards is a must, especially as I came out of the teen years and oil production on my face lessened. I think this product will always be a favorite of mine because of the instant good results it produces.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2007 12:39:00 AM More reviews by berlina

This product tightens my pores...I use this when I get oily...

Application: I wash my face with cold water and while water is still on my face I dab some of this on my fingers and massage it into my skin...let it dry and it firms and dries up like a clay masque should. I can feel a tingly sensation in my skin...and it works to refine and tone my skin...

Results: My skin looks more tight, as I mentioned and a lot more clean. I think the product helps to lift impurities off my skin and the discoloration that I get is reduced a lot. I love the afterfeel of it too, my skin feels so soft and firm...like a baby's bottom minus the junk.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2007 9:11:00 AM More reviews by DaffodilFields

I heard about this on MUA. I know it's been on drugstore shelves for years, but somehow I never even glanced at it until now. It's nothing too special imo. I have oily skin, but not acne prone. It feels nice and cooling. Do I think it does much? Not really. However, it's cheap enough that you don't mind slathering it all over, even your neck and body. Nice to take out when you want cheap pampering.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2007 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Stephhy

At first when I heard all the ratings from makeupalley, i decided to give it a try.

First off, I have very oily skin during summer, and dry during winter. Very acne prone, and large pores. The bottle says it will help:
1.dry up acne pimples
2.rinse away blackheads
3.shrink enlarged pores.

The results were so so

1.i did not see an improvement in my pimples
2.did not rinse away my blackheads
3.not as great of a pore-shrinker(?) as many other masks i've used in the past (got 2b in your face pure intent clay masque - is great for shrinking pores!!)

overall, i gave it 3 lipsticks because it did feel good and relaxing, and i LOVE the toothpaste smell. I'm soo tempted to eat it! but in the end it did not help with my acne, blackheads or pores.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2007 10:00:00 PM More reviews by moltobello80

I used this product for the 1st time today. I've had problems with my skin since I started using a particular makeup. I left the mask on for about 30 minutes. This evening my face doesn't look oily and some of my blemishes are already clearing up! I'm really impressed with this product. I'll keep using it and update.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2007 8:35:00 PM More reviews by khorne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this after reading all of the reviews. I really liked this mask. I have really sensitive skin and this product did not irritate my face at all. It also dried up my zits. I will definitely buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2007 4:13:00 PM More reviews by hhbomb26

PROS: Very inexpensive, leaves skin feeling refreshed and "squeaky clean", fun green mask look, minimizes appearance of pores, I was able to find it in a convenient tube

CONS: Will not *unclog* pores, I couldn't stand the smell of it- even long after I'd removed the mask my face smelled awful, had to be removed with a washcloth (or it would just seem to smear around), and would sometimes stain the washcloth.