April 18, 2014 | 1687 users online

Masks - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Masque

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2007 2:04:00 AM More reviews by ashleypooh1014

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this, it felt cool on my skin because of the mint and made my skin feel fresh, also it helps with any pimples. its really cheap and you get alot of it, definetly now part of my skin routine.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2007 1:16:00 AM More reviews by GreedyGretchen77

i just used this mask for the first time and i am not very satisfied so far. i don't know what is in this stuff, but having it on my face gave me a pounding headache (assuming it as to do with the strong smell) and irritated my eyes. the second i rinsed it off, i felt normal again. my skin feels really soft right now, but i am not willing to go through all of that every week. st. ives firming mask gave me results that were just as good but didn't make me go through hell. i will give this another shot and will update this review until then. hopefully this was just a one time freak out.

*UPDATE: i have three fat zits on my face now and my pores look larger than ever. just....awesome. if you have dry/combo/sensitive/acne prone skin, go use st. ives firming mask. that stuff worked like a charm for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2007 9:40:00 PM More reviews by mamak237

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love, Love, LOVE this mask. Just used it for the first time tonight after a recommendation from a MUA member. My skin is soft and my pores already look smaller. Have super, super oily skin with large pores and since I turned 25 have developed acne, which I never had. Used the asparin mask last night after reading rave reviews on MUA, though did it a little different by adding vitamin E oil (another recommendation for a MUA member) so my skin really purged and was broken out this morning, though that is nothing new. The QH mask has already reduced the redness from my break out and it's only been about 30 mins since I washed it off. And you can't beat the price, got it on sale at CVS for $2.29. Make sure to moisterize though. Even with my oil slick skin I was dry after using it. I would not suggest using this more than once a week, esp if you have dry or even normal skin. But if you were thinking of trying DDF b/c of the sulfer content, which I was, I'd def. try this first. OH, and if you were thinking of using the asparin mask, don't let my break out deter you, I wanted my skin to purge since I have blackheads and wanted them to come out. The asparin mask is great and I'll write a review, but want to try it a few more times before I do. Back to QH, I've tried other masks, Noxema and some other more expensive ones, and none have the effect QH did. Plus it rinsed off really easily. The only thing, don't get too close to your eyes. It tingles while you're wearing it and even though I avioded my eye area I'm am having a little sensitivity there now, though that could be b/c I'm a contact wearer and have sensitive eyes. Two thumbs up to QH for a great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2007 4:41:00 PM More reviews by CassieLynn604

I have very large pores due to my oily skin (especially on my nose and cheeks). I saw this product at a local drugstore and thought to myself, it can't be that great if I can find it at one particular drugstore and no where else. Often times I scope out my local beauty store and found this product in a huge tub, about twice to three times the size of the tube I saw at the drugstore. I first bought a tub of it roughly three years ago and I will continue to buy it. I can actually SEE this mask pulling dirt/oil/and whatever else out of my pores and my skin feels so smooth afterward! During the treatment the mask feels refreshingly tingly while it dries and tightens. The tub makes the application of the mask slightly inconvenient but the amount of product received for the money is well worth the trouble! Also, my skin is relatively sensitive and I have had no negative reaction to this mask.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2007 12:34:00 AM More reviews by lovehavok

I absoultely love the scent of this mask! It is my favorite part! Don't get me wrong, it does do a great job as a deep cleansing mask. Sounds like hype, but it really does help to draw out my whiteheads after it's had time to set. No irritation whatsoever, and you get a ton for the tiny price you pay. I like to apply my mask with my E.L.F. foundation brush that I have designated for mask application. My only caution is that if you are prone to dry skin that you only use this mask occasionally, and then follow immediately with your daily moisturizer. If you're like me with combo skin, then weekly use is great. Love the stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2007 1:23:00 PM More reviews by ivorycanvas

I have been using powder masks for years (the kind where you have to add water and mix), so to be able to switch to something that requires no mixing (or mess!) has been a HG! Love this mask- I put on a generous layer, making sure to get under my chin and neck, and wait about 15 minutes before rinsing off with a wash cloth. I love the tingly feeling I get after application, and it dries to a nice, even layer that is easy to remove. My skin has seen great results after a week or so, and I will continue to purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2007 10:05:00 AM More reviews by kelipoo

This is my HG mask. I constantly buy and try other masks, but I always come back to this one. I love how it pulls junk out of my skin. I also use it as an overnight spot treatment. I use it at least once a week if not more.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2007 2:12:00 AM More reviews by Mamu1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Used this mask for a long time. It's an *ok* mask, but I saw no real results. I like the minty scent, however. If you're looking for a mask with REAL results - Lerosett Clay Mask by Gunilla of Sweden is my HG face mask!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2007 4:07:00 PM More reviews by JanetBee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff has been around forever -- I'm 49 and used it when I was a teenager!! But, it is one of the best, and most reasonably priced masques around and it really does a great job cleaning out my pores. I'm happy that it's still around. Oftentimes you find a product you just love, then you can never find it again!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2007 7:44:00 AM More reviews by criss720

I got this as a gift one year and used it almost religiously until it ran out. I won't even go into how much of a workout your arms get from trying to squeeze this stuff out. Anyway, it made my face feel good, but it didn't help with pore size, acne, blackheads, or discoloration. :(