Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, Kaolin, Bentonite, Glycerin, Zinc Oxide, Propylene Glycol, Sulfur, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI#77288), Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben

on 10/14/2007 4:51:00 PM

I've been having terrible break outs because of a combination of hormonal problems and a reaction to a new face product. I got the hormones under control, and stopped using the product and started using this mask. I've been using it for a week or two and I actually went out side without concealer/foundation the other day! I can't remember the last time that happened! I will definitely be using this for the rest of my life.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I brought this based on a review on livejournal.

This product is definitely one of the best.

I tend to get tiny pimples randomly and this cleared it up overnight. I applied it at night after washing my face, used a moisturizer and the tiny pimples were gone.

on 10/12/2007 3:44:00 PM

Everything has pretty much been said about this masque. It's fantastic! I apply this with a cheap foundation brush to keep mess at a minimum.

on 10/11/2007 12:49:00 AM

This is the only thing that works at tightening up my skin and closing up my pores. I've tried other things, like different masks and toners, but this is the only one I saw instant and regular result with.
I follow the directions, leave it on for 10-15 minutes. I try my hardest to keep a stone face to make sure every area gets the full effects from the mask drying.
When I first started using it, I had a problem with it not rubbing into my pores... er... little air bubbles. I now apply it to my face in a circular motion, which gets rid of the air bubbles.

My only problem with this product is not always being able to get all of it off. So, I tend to try to do this mask in the evening after a shower. I start my days with a quick shower, so I wash anything I missed off then. My face is at it's best when I do this 2-3 times a week.

I've seen it available in the dollar section of my drug store in a little travel size... perfect to try it out!

on 10/10/2007 4:19:00 PM

I used this mask when I was in high school - when i had no acne or skin imperfections thinking this product did nothing... Now being 27 with occasional to consistant ance - BOY was i wrong - it clearly states on the package that it helps dry up pimples. i use this mask 2 - 3 times a week and I have seen total rehall on my skin. The exsisting acne is drying up and the old scars are getting lighter and lighter with each use.. I do not recommend using this everyday or even back to back on consecutive days - A little too drying - might cause the acne to peel. But i use this mask on Sunday - before the new work week and again on Wed - mid week. if i need to I will use this again on Friday (but only if i have a blemish that really erupted badly) Works great a helping releave stress. I saw fantastic results and plan to keep using this until i need to repurchase - Which i will be spending the whole $3.29 at Harmon Discount and Cosmetics.

I also used this mask when i was sick with a cold... I notice it helped relieve my sinus pressue and could breathe easier.
Great price + great product = satisfied customer!

on 10/10/2007 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I liked the product overall. It shrunk my pores and helped clear my skin. The only problem was that it made my skin dry after use, so I need to apply a moisturizer after. I apply the mask once or twice a week, it gave my face a cool and refreshing feeling. I wish they made the appearance package more attractive though.

on 10/7/2007 11:46:00 PM

It was amazing when I first used it. The following effects were not that good. However, it cleans somewhat, and the scent is refreshing.

on 10/7/2007 1:16:00 AM

I had used this product previously years ago, and didn't like it then. Perhaps I didn't leave it on long enough for the product to take effect on my combination, oily, acne-prone, stubborn skin with large pores. After reading so many rave reviews on different websites, I gave the product another try last night to help with the clogged pores and to shrink them. Like other members, I also had a hard time getting the product out of the squeeze tube. I applied a thick layer onto my skin when I was finally able to squeeze the mask out and left it on for 45 minutes. I intended to only leave it on for 30 minues, but the bathroom was occupied. The mask was easy to rinse off but I did use a washcloth. I then gave my face another wash with my Murad cleanser. I noticed that my skin was instantly smoother and the pores were smaller. The clogged pores were also less clogged, although there were gunks that still required some squeezing, but it was definitely an improvement from 45 minutes before the application. The whiteheads and pimples that I had previously were also drying out and came to head, so I was able to squeeze (though I know I shouldn't) them out. My skin was definitely dryer, so moisturizer is a must. Today, I noticed that my face felt cleaner and produced less oil. Overall, I really like this product so far. I will continue using it to see if my pores will get even better. But for $3.99, I'm definitely impressed.
Edit 10/9/07: This product is really effective. I haven't used the mask again since the first use, but my pores have been smaller and less congested these past few days and my skin has been less oily overall.
Edit 1/28/08: With continued use, this mask has really helped control my breakouts. I use this once a week after a scrub and sometimes I would steam my face prior to applying the mask. I leave it on for close to 45 minutes. I find that even when I do get a pimple now, they heal much quicker than before and are not as "cystic" as the ones I got before. Truly a great product at an excellent price.
Edit 2/18/08: Just upgraded this product to 5 lippies. Weekly use of this product has definitely helped to prevent breakouts. I'm still on the first tube. This product is great and so economical.

I have combination skin, large pores and blackheads on my T-zone and chin, and use this mask once a week before extracting blackheads. After washing my face, I hold my face over the sink while the hot water is on to open the pores. I apply a generous amount over my nose and forehead and chin, and then a smaller amount over the rest of my face. Within seconds, the minty tingle indicates how well it's working. When it's completely dry, I remove it with a warm washcloth and then steam my face again.

This product may cause patches of dry skin for users with normally dry or sensitive skin, but i have used it once a week for years with no problems.

I also use this when I get a pimple to dry it out faster.

on 10/6/2007 8:44:00 PM

MIRACLE IN A BOTTLE.

Mint Julep Masque will actually dry up acne pimples, rinse away blackheads and even help shrink enlarged pores. Simply apply Mint Julep Masque to your face and neck. Within minutes it firms and hardens, as its suction action draws out waste matter from the pores. Minutes later, rinse the masque away with warm water and washcloth. After the masque is removed your skin will feel clean, and refreshed and smooth. Even for people who are fortunately free of skin problems, Mint Julep Masque is a refreshing facial treatment that relaxes tired muscles and eases tension lines on the face and neck.