August 1, 2014 | 1688 users online

Masks - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Masque

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2007 9:22:00 PM More reviews by anabannana

I wouldn't use this again, I wouldn't want to dry out my skin, since it tends to be pretty dry already. When I had some pimples it didn't work that well to treat them. But it is good to clean your face with.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2007 9:51:00 PM More reviews by sunnysusy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this mask! Definately my favourite, so much better than many high-end brands :-) Cant believe I hadn't tried this before. It smells really suspicious, like toothpaste, but it works like magic. I've been using this along with BP and a french brand called Gernetic to clear out my skin from a horrible breakout caused by a mineral makeup component (bismuth chloryxide) and its doing a great job. QH does not remove your pimples overnight but it does even out skintone and it made my skin smooth as silk. It is not at all too harsh on my sensitive skin! I recommend this to everyone, just use a good moisturiser afterwards. I got the tub with 33% extra, what a bargain! Fabulous!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2007 8:14:00 PM More reviews by xAlleGegenAlle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for about a month and a half and it's made a big difference in my skin. I'm prone to getting blackheads on my nose and since using this mask, the blackheads have gradually started to disappear. It also works great as an overnight treatment for zits.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2007 11:28:00 AM More reviews by CatMc

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A good, basic mask for normal to oily skin, nothing exceptional. I have oily skin, so it was not drying on me, even using it several times a week. I don't care so much for the scent, it smells like spearmint chewing gum to me, not something I want on my face, but that's a minor point. I also don't like it in the jar, I prefer the tube (hate getting anything under my nails). Didn't make my eyes burn, or feel like it was irritating my skin. It does take a little time and effort to rinse off, I had to scrub a little with a washcloth, but my skin felt very smooth and clean after. So, if you are in the market for a mask, and your skin isn't dry or sensitive, and don't want to spend an arm and a leg, this is a good place to start.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2007 10:34:00 PM More reviews by xxrawwrrx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It was an okay product.
Didn't do too much for my acne-prone skin, but ended up drying it up.
So not only did I have pimples, but I had disgusting dry skin patches surrounding them.
And not only that, but when I walked out of the bathroom, I ran into my boyfriend, who couldn't stop laughing for 5 minutes at the green muck all over my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2007 4:05:00 PM More reviews by mosaic77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading all the reviews, I purchased one a few weeks ago. I like it a lot, it smells really nice. I will definite repurchase again, but I doubt I will need to do that for a while since the one I got has 33% bonus (for $3.99 only)!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2007 2:39:00 PM More reviews by xtenix

This is not a miracle, but it is not so bad. Doesn't cause more breakout or skin problems. The mask helps to make pimples less red and irritated It is more suitable for people who have oily or acne-prone skin. Not for people who want smoother, less wrinkles or more firm skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2007 9:11:00 PM More reviews by hoku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall: 4

Price: 2 ($6.49 at a health food store)

Packaging: 2

Buy again: yes

I read so many reviews about this that I was dying to try it out; I didn't know too many health food stores though, so I never could find it. I was at the mall today, and I noticed that there was a health food store all along, so I helped myself inside.

The first thing I noticed with this mask: It's very difficult to squeeze out of the tube! The smell is kind of nice; I didn't notice any sulfur (unlike the smelly proactiv mask...), it just smelled like toothpaste. :) After I wrestled some of the masque out of the tube, I rubbed it between my fingers before applying to my face in an even, think layer-- I noticed it has a very smooth texture. I didn't notice any burning.

I let it dry for probably about 15-20 minutes; I liked that it didn't feel like it was sucking my face dry. It felt slightly taut, but not "urg it hurts to blink". I could see the oily pores in the dried clay mask, which was kind of cool and gross at the same time. After rinsing (which I didn't find to be a huge problem.. I splashed water on the mask to rehydrate it, then I massaged in circular motions, splashing more water, until it was mostly gone. then I used a facecloth to get the rest) I found my skin was refreshed, but not overly stripped. My pores looked smaller (which I expect), but it was definitely most effective on my nose.

My nose has lots of blackheads, and the mask was able to help get rid of those, without being totally harsh.

I'm going to compare this mask to Got2b Pure Intent clay mask:

- QHMJ has a better scent than Got2b

- QHMJ has a nicer texture than Got2b (got2b is too thin)

- QHMJ doesn't dry out my skin like got2b does

- QHMJ works better on my pores than Got2b

Overall, I think it's an awesome product! The only reason why I didn't give it a 5 is because of the work required to get the mask out!

EDIT April 23, 2011:

After years and years, I still rely on this old time favourite! I've tried other masks, but none of them compare to this one. I was having issues with oily skin and breakouts lately, and I haven't used this mask in like 8 months, so after 2 applications, my face is much better. I'll have to remember to keep using it every week! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2007 12:24:00 PM More reviews by LTH2486

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this mask. I used it last night and let it dry for about 15 minutes and my skin looked and felt lovely. I also dabbed a little bit on blemishes overnight and woke up with nothing there. It had totally gotten rid of the blemishes. I definitely notice that my pores are smaller, but i'm not too sure on the blackheads. (I only have a few on my nose so it's not that big of a deal.) I got this for $2.89 at Sally's Beauty Supply and i'm really glad i did. I will definitely repurchase if i run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2007 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Clara_Bow

This stuff is a lifesaver! I mainly use it just on pimples, and I just dab it on like 10 minutes before I get in the shower, and it really helps clear them up! It's the most effective stuff I've found! Especially for "backne", which nothing seems to work on. I will continue to buy this stuff as long as I have acne! Thank goodness it's dirt cheap!