Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, Kaolin, Bentonite, Glycerin, Zinc Oxide, Propylene Glycol, Sulfur, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI#77288), Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

EDIT 24/12/2007:**
Taking another lippie off as this has broke me out, I think it works for a lot of people but not for me.***
After reading all the raves about it here I thought I would give Mint Julep a try. As I cannot find it in my country I bought it off Ebay UK and it wasnt that cheap as you'd get in in the US. ( bought it for around 7 $ ). I have used it 3 times so far and I cannot say Im impressed. I doesnt do anything to my acne-prone skin , i have a few pimples here and there and also blackheads on my nose. Maybe I'm not using it well? I leave it on for 15 minutes to dry it on my face and then wash it away with warm water and a washcloth.Exactly what it says on the package. It did nothing for my acne or pores, the only thing I saw as a result is smoother skin and a slightly glow to my face. Quite dissapointed as I thought it would dry up my pimples.I'll update after a few more tries and see if I'll repurchase again.

I've been using this for several years now and I can definitely tell a difference in my skin. It has cleared up the blackheads and whiteheads that sometimes appear on my nose and it keeps blemishes away. I have sensitive skin, so this kind of stings temporarily when I put it on, but I've never experienced any major irritation. This is a great mask for any skin type and definitely a classic in my book.

Years ago, I used a lot of products from this brand. Over time, I switched to Freeman masks, for some reason. When I running low last week, I decided to go back to this (I use the Mint Julep mask 1x/week and the mud mask 1x/week), and I couldn't be happier. I have to point out, though, that this is basically a sulfur anti-acne mask. There's nothing wrong with that, as sulfur works great to treat and prevent zits...In fact, it's the mask that Murad and Proactive send you with their kits. The problem with sulfur is that it stinks. Queen Helene has managed to add that great minty fragrance to mask the smell. Instead of stinky-face, it's like chewing mint gum. Yum. However, there isn't any actual mint in this product :) Also, it's just like I remember-the tube is TERRIBLE. Their masks are just too thick to squeeze out of such a tiny hole.

This feels so nice on your skin. It's slightly tingly, with a cool feeling when applied. I have oily/combination skin, and I'm prone to breakouts, and this helped quite a bit. It dried up my oily areas (t-zone), and it made my skin feel very healthy and soft. I will repurchase when I run out, but the tube is a decent size so it should last awhile.
Update: This is STILL amazing.. I had a giant zit that just would not go away, or even get smaller even after 9 days.... I applied this, let it dry for about 20 minutes, washed it off and it had shrunk a little.. this morning, it's even smaller and less red. Love this stuff.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I decided to purchase this after reading all of the great reviews on here, and boy am I glad I did! It really is a wonderful product. I have only used it twice in 2 weeks but it does seem to improve the overall look of my complexion. And it also removed most of the blackheads on my nose! I enjoy the feeling of it as I apply it and I also like the smell. It does sting my nose for the first couple of minutes its on, but I presume that is because its really working to get those little suckers out. Will absolutely repurchase in the future, the price cannot be beat!

Love this mask! Really helps with my problematic skin and I enjoy the fragrance of the mint when applied. I think this mask is great and you can't beat the price.

LOVE LOVE LOVE! Such a cheap little gem! It's great when you can find something so affordable and so perfect. It's great for those PMS breakouts!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Please try this product on a small patch of skin first! I have very sensitive skin and I used this mask - it made my face turn bright red and blotchy!

I bought this because of all the raves on here and wanted something to get rid of the blackheads on my nose and cheek area. All I can say is wow! I've used it once so far and within 6 hours my face looked noticably better. The whiteheads on my forehead are almost gone and my skin looks so much smoother. Too bad I can't say the same for the blackheads, my pores do look smaller so maybe it takes a few applications to work.

I have dry skin and while it didn't burn when I applied it, it does leave my skin fairly dry so I will use less frequently. I love this product and you can't beat the price at $3.50.

I've been using this stuff for years, it's cheap, smells good, and really sucks the oil out of my skin. I feel fresh and revitalized after using it, and my huge pores really do appear smaller (maybe they have to be huge for you to notice a difference). One lippy off because it dries me out a little bit, so I don't use it too often, but when I do my skin feels great otherwise and looks clear and smooth. It's a great spot treatment as well, it will really dry up a stubborn pimple. The packaging sucks though, it's really hard to get the thick mask out of the tube and I always end up shooting a glob of it across the bathroom!

Popular Masks