Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, Kaolin, Bentonite, Glycerin, Zinc Oxide, Propylene Glycol, Sulfur, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI#77288), Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben

on 9/2/2007 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I love this stuff! I use it as a full mask maybe twice a week, and my skin looks fantastic when I take it off. I use it for spot treatment when I get the ocassional annoying pimple. My skin is generally pretty clear, but I think this mask gives it the boost it needs. I actually have (or thought I had, I guess) acne-prone skin, but since I've been using this for about the last 4 months, my skin has been so smooth. Love it! Wouldn't trade it for anything...especially at such an amazing price!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I tried it a few months ago and I saw no difference but, I decided to try it again last week and again there was no difference. It has a really good smell and when it first goes on it fells really good but, whats the point of buying something if it doesn't help at all?

on 8/31/2007 8:13:00 AM

Really i would want to love this product based on the high raves here! I have high expectations of this one and cant wait to try. However, to my great disappointment, after cleaning, i do not see any changes in the skin at all. I was scrutinising hard and cant even see the pimple dried out. Quite disappointed though i kinda like the smell. Update: Sorry i have to give this mask higher rating. Leave it overnight on spots and it calmed it down. The only gripe is that it is real difficult to sqeeze it out. But it's really valued for money although it is difficult to get in singapore.

on 8/30/2007 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I had to buy this off ebay because they don't stock it in Australia, but boy was it worth it!

It does sting like crazy when it first goes on, but it settles down after abit. I leave it on for about an hour (it only recommends about 10mins) but after I was it off my pimples have shrunk abit! The mask hasn't done much for my pores, and it can be drying, but overall I love it and will repurchase!

on 8/29/2007 9:17:00 AM

This is a great deep cleaning mask - really cleans out the pores & soaks up extra oil. It's a great mask for oily skin, especially for the low price. I also dab the mask on zits overnight sometimes to help dry them out faster.

on 8/27/2007 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Could be better, and I think some of it's hype. It's cheap, and it works, but it sucks everything out of my skin, leaving it really dry after.

on 8/26/2007 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I've tried this a few times in the past and was not that impressed, but recently I was talking to a lady with amazing skin and learned that she uses this about twice a week. She leaves it on for a very long time, overnight, mostly. So anyway, I decided to try it again and this time I left it on for several hours. I was amazed at the results because a few days before this I had noticed a sun spot that was driving me crazy! After I washed the mask off, the spot was gone!!!!!! Amazing. From now on I Iwill be using this twice a week (the lady's recommendation). If my skin looks like hers when I am her age I'll be one happy chick!

on 8/25/2007 9:49:00 PM

Since this masque is one of the most reviewed items on MUA, I have been wanting to try it for the longest time but it was not available where I live. I stumbled upon it 2 days ago in a suburb shopping mall and was overjoyed. Tried it that very night! As I do have dry patches on my face occasionally, I've been wary of using 'clay' or cleasing sort of masks but this one turned out completely find for me! Slightly difficult to squeeze out as its rather thick and concentrated but upon application, the whiff of mint is very relaxing. I find only a thin layer is sufficient and it dries very quickly too. Smooth and clean afterwards. Would say, best value for money this one!

on 8/25/2007 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product! How did I ever go so long without it? This stuff is the best for blackheads. I use this in combination with an aspirin mask. I disolve 4 uncoated, generic aspirin tablet in a tiny bit of tap water. I drain off the water and crush the tablets with my finger (adding the water makes them super ever to crush but make sure you only let it sit for a second or two). Then I squeeze some QHMJM in my hand, add the aspirin, and mix. I apply the mixture to my face and let sit until it dries. Then I use a washcloth to get it off, and my face is perfectly soft and smooth! This masks makes extractions so easy. Just use a washcloth to lightly steam, and then go at your blackheads. Mine extract easily after this mask. I'm on my second tube and I plan to buy many more.

on 8/23/2007 8:01:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I gave this mask a try for the first time a few months ago, and I'm still loving it! Background: I have a very oily t-zone and the occasional zit/blemish, along with a bit of large pores around my nose and cheeks. Let me begin by saying that this thing is TOUGH to get out of the tube. At first I thought my tube was expired, but turns out this is what it's like. So after I managed to get enough out and covered my whole face, I let it sit for 20mins as instructed. Then I go wash it off and voila! My pores look much clearer and smaller. I didn't think this would actually work but I was very pleasantly surprised. It has a slightly minty smell; I don't know what everyone else is talking about when they say it smells like sulfur. I didn't smell it at all!
Overall, a great value for the price. Would most certainly repurchase. The packaging could be better, though.