December 17, 2014 | 1884 users online

Masks - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Masque

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2007 12:33:00 PM More reviews by punkrockzoie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this and finished it, but i dont know why i even used it all in the first place. I dont think it did anything for my skin, though i can pretend and fool myself it did. It dries VERY well, if that's what you're looking for in a mask. But on the other hand, it stings/burns a little and feels pretty unpleasant. Imagine this: toothpaste all over your face. It has the same minty scent, and if you've ever put toothpaste on your face you'll notice it burns a little.
Also, i noticed when i applied the mask, it would give me great headaches. I dont know if that was due to the strong smell, the harsh drying effects or the stinging it gave me. Either way, it was a pain to use and im going to try St.Ives Mud Mask this time instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2007 6:11:00 PM More reviews by ohyunalesca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great for keeping my oily skin in check. I use this every three days and my skin seems to be a bit less oily during the days I do not apply it. Keep it a regular thing and you will see oil production improve slightly. Most people become so anxious for results but just give it some time. The packaging could be a bit better, it is so tough to get out of the tube! Put this stuff in a tub!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2007 8:53:00 AM More reviews by lili1968

This is good for helping to control oil, but after I used it twice my skin started to get red and irritated and I broke out :(

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2007 1:48:00 AM More reviews by avantgardelovers

i agree with the girl who posted below me,

its basic, but your skin feels AWESOME

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2007 1:32:00 PM More reviews by jescrawf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For your basic mask, I love this. Dont know if it does anything dramatic but my face feels great afterwards!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2007 11:25:00 AM More reviews by rubykiwi

i have combination skin with a very oil t-zone and am very very prone to acne and have lots of acne scars on my face. I've never used a mask before so it was probably my mistake when i used it right after i showered... it does BURN SLIGHTLY as you're putting it on and i do *not* have sensitive skin. But I sucked it up and applied it over my skin. The minty smell is nice and the paste hardens. After 20min, i removed it with water, and i noticed that my pores definitely got smaller! I'm not sure if it's as effective on my pimples since i've been using 10% benzoyl peroxide which does the trick. The next morning, I don't see a difference on my skin..my face is oily from the night and my pores are visible again. After washing my face twice after the entire day, I still smell sulfur on my face!! But it's very faint and I can deal with it.

It's my first use, so I didn't expect any instant results...I am going to continue using it to see what happens. So far, I don't see that the mask did anything for me besides temporary pore shrinkage so I probably would not buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2007 11:59:00 PM More reviews by face_on

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this mask after reading reviews and the message boards on MUA, and I wasn't disappointed. I had turned into a bit of a skincare snob over the last decade, always buying very expensive stuff and I couldn't believe that this old-fashioned looking squeeze tube would work. Well, it did. Does it work miracles? No, but nothing really does for my acne. My skin feels nice and smooth after I use it, and the pores are smaller. The mask dries up the oil, helps to heal blemishes and with regular use twice a week, I've noticed I have fewer blackheads and breakouts. The sulfur in the mask is the ingredient that I believe does the trick, and this mask is a tiny fraction of the cost of some sulfur masks (it may contain less sulfur than the DDF mask), so it is worth a try for about three dollars. I like the smell, which kind of reminds me of Wrigleys doublemint chewing gum. Also, this mask doesn't sting my face on application like some masks have in the past. I also use the Queen Helene Mud Pack Mask once a week for firming and pore cleansing, and it is also very effective and as cheap as can be. I am changing my ways-all because something costs a fortune and has a dermatologist's name on the package doesn't mean it's better.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2007 3:25:00 PM More reviews by viryi

I've been using this for years, usually about once or twice a week when I remember to -- and the results for me have been great. It's not an ultra-strong mask that will pull out stubborn whiteheads/blackheads like an adhesive nose strip will, but I wasn't expecting that, so I was not disappointed when it didn't perform that task. The mask does, however, shrink my pores and tighten up my skin so it feels soft, smooth, and unbelievably clean. I've found thorough rinsing and moisturizing afterwards is a must, especially as I came out of the teen years and oil production on my face lessened. I think this product will always be a favorite of mine because of the instant good results it produces.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2007 12:39:00 AM More reviews by berlina

This product tightens my pores...I use this when I get oily...

Application: I wash my face with cold water and while water is still on my face I dab some of this on my fingers and massage it into my skin...let it dry and it firms and dries up like a clay masque should. I can feel a tingly sensation in my skin...and it works to refine and tone my skin...

Results: My skin looks more tight, as I mentioned and a lot more clean. I think the product helps to lift impurities off my skin and the discoloration that I get is reduced a lot. I love the afterfeel of it too, my skin feels so soft and firm...like a baby's bottom minus the junk.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2007 9:11:00 AM More reviews by DaffodilFields

I heard about this on MUA. I know it's been on drugstore shelves for years, but somehow I never even glanced at it until now. It's nothing too special imo. I have oily skin, but not acne prone. It feels nice and cooling. Do I think it does much? Not really. However, it's cheap enough that you don't mind slathering it all over, even your neck and body. Nice to take out when you want cheap pampering.