January 29, 2015 | 1862 users online

Masks - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Masque

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2007 4:07:00 AM More reviews by valeriana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

THANK YOU MUA! Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque really works. It got rid of my zits! YAY! I had a really bad breakout probably because my skin felt overloaded. I had recently adopted a skin care routine that was composed of like 10 different products after years of nothing but facial cleansers and the occasional mask, moisturizer or treatment. I developed really huge cystic acne unlike any I've ever had. Benzoyl Peroxide helped a little but new ones still kept popping up so I gave my skin a rest. I stopped everything else and started using only Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque (sometimes combining it with JASON Tea Tree Gel) to spot-treat the zits. Voila! I'm zit-free in no time. I'm starting my routine again but slowly this time, adding one product at a time but even if I get cosmetic acne again, I'm not worried because my Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque will save the day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2007 8:25:00 PM More reviews by sugarlumples

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really enjoy this mask. It is very minty and refreshing, not to mention dirt cheap. I'm not sure how much pore declogging it actually does, but it does make my skin feel refreshed after I use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2007 6:43:00 PM More reviews by sakecat22

I love this product! If I use it twice a week, my skin looks fresher and my pores seem smaller. Plus, the mint feels nice when my face is angry and itchy.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2007 1:21:00 PM More reviews by ChrisHarte

In the words of my mother "It's the best thing since sliced bread!" Enough said!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2007 8:32:00 AM More reviews by coconnell

there are a lot of high end products i like - i love most stuff by mac, nars, etc. however, when a drug store product not only does the job, but does it far better than anything i've ever found, i think THAT makes the mother of all products! even SO loves how it makes his face feel!

this stuff is AWESOME! less than a fiver, great mint smell, and works like a charm! at a few bucks, you really can't go wrong giving it a try.

my only gripe: because of the wonderful thick texture, it tends to get a bit difficult to get out of the tube when you're running low. i've recently gotten a tub, so shouldn't suffer that problem anymore.

fingers crossed i can locate this somewhere in the uk now that i've moved to the other side of the pond! for now, i've got friends/family bringing this and cetaphil cream over for me whenether they head to the US.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2007 4:08:00 AM More reviews by LAGirl

LOVE this mask! have used it for years. put it on in the evening for about 1/2 hr. wash off with warm washcloth and your skin will feel super clean. pores will feel + look smaller. helps with breakouts. this product is proof that you don't need to spend a lot of money to get the job done!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2007 10:19:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I scored a large tube of this for $3+. While it takes some good squeezing to get the mask out of the tube, it works fairly well. At first I was disappointed after washing off the mask because my skin didn't seem that different, but I was comparing my end results with those that I get after my Olay DIY microdermabrasion kit, which isn't a fair comparison. Overall I'm happy with the results - I noticed my skin is softer, more even toned and glowy. This does contain kaolin, but I find that it works well with my combo skin. On days when I don't have the patience to wait the full 15 minutes for the mask to dry before rinsing, I like to use this as a spot treatment, especially for those painful under-the-skin cystic pimples. I do notice that my skin is drier after I use this, so I only use this about 2x a week. For the price, I'd definitely repurchase over and over again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2007 5:36:00 PM More reviews by lilcutie0707

This mask if used regurarly does end up getting rid of a few blackheads but even if you dont its still a great product. It doesnt dry you out like some other masks do and it leaves your skin feeling fresh and clean. After you use it your skin feels like it can breath. It is a little tough to get out but its worth it. It smells good too. It can feel a little heavy but thats not really important.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2007 9:41:00 PM More reviews by whereiscat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

LOVE THIS STUFF! Dirt cheap and works like a charm! Seriously, it zaps a breakout like no other. Plus, such a huge bottle, it will probably last me 5 years. I'm never going back to Clearasil or anything else. *bows to the QUEEN*

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2007 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Bebegirl88

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this mask so simple and so cheap