August 21, 2014 | 1580 users online

Masks - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Masque

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2007 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Schadenfrau

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I feel like my ratings for this are lower than my positive feelings, so please take them with a grain of salt. The packaging pretty much sucks, and Queen Helene's Mint Julep mask basically smells like a mixture of Colgate and Vick's Vapo Rub, but despite all that, it does exactly what it promises.

I use this stuff maybe once or twice a week, at night after a day of particularly shiny skin. The next morning, my skin is always pore and shine free.

If you've got especially sensitive skin, you might want to think twice about using it. If you've got dry skin, please don't even bother. But, if your skin is oily, this is a must-try.

I also think that the green color is fun, in a campy sort of way. It's the facial equivalent of walking around in a set of curlers.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2007 6:55:00 PM More reviews by GlossMeUp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using QHMJM for years. Yourskin is defintetly going to clear up if you use this consistantly. The price is so affordable and the tube is a decent size, so it will last you a while. Use it on your face and neck. I recommened you steam you face and then slather it on. I love the tingly sensations its it gives. If your skin is sensative it may be a bit much (the tinglies that is). This is another one of my staple products.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2007 9:33:00 PM More reviews by d_mystic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very good mask for acne prone skin. I use it on a regular basis; once a week on entire face and/or as an overnight spot treatment to get rid of pimples faster. I am quite happy with it and will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2007 11:15:00 AM More reviews by Hasschen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

This was like Liquid FIre - it stung the moment I put it on my face.

I thought ok is it supposed to do this - Tingly thing since there was mint in it - WRONG - When I took it off I was bright red almost sunburn look which I could not calm down for days.

Then came the bumper crop of pimples.

Needless to say I'm not going to use it again.

PPP, light rosacea, acne prone continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2007 2:32:00 AM More reviews by curioustammy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

if you have have oily acne/blackhead prone skin, DO NOT get this product. it'll just add more gunk in your pores and create more blackheads and clogged pores. putting dirt and mud on your face=serious pore clogging.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2007 12:59:00 AM More reviews by lilorchid82

After reading the reviews here, I went out and bought a tube at Ulta. They were having a buy one get one free sale, so they were basically sold out, but I was lucky to get the very last one. Surprisingly, all the other Queen of Helen products were still well stocked. Anyways, you guys are right. It does draw out blemishes, and my skin looks better afterwards. I think this tube will last me forever, but when I do run out, I'll definitely buy this one again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2007 9:22:00 PM More reviews by anabannana

I wouldn't use this again, I wouldn't want to dry out my skin, since it tends to be pretty dry already. When I had some pimples it didn't work that well to treat them. But it is good to clean your face with.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2007 9:51:00 PM More reviews by sunnysusy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this mask! Definately my favourite, so much better than many high-end brands :-) Cant believe I hadn't tried this before. It smells really suspicious, like toothpaste, but it works like magic. I've been using this along with BP and a french brand called Gernetic to clear out my skin from a horrible breakout caused by a mineral makeup component (bismuth chloryxide) and its doing a great job. QH does not remove your pimples overnight but it does even out skintone and it made my skin smooth as silk. It is not at all too harsh on my sensitive skin! I recommend this to everyone, just use a good moisturiser afterwards. I got the tub with 33% extra, what a bargain! Fabulous!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2007 8:14:00 PM More reviews by xAlleGegenAlle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for about a month and a half and it's made a big difference in my skin. I'm prone to getting blackheads on my nose and since using this mask, the blackheads have gradually started to disappear. It also works great as an overnight treatment for zits.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2007 11:28:00 AM More reviews by CatMc

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A good, basic mask for normal to oily skin, nothing exceptional. I have oily skin, so it was not drying on me, even using it several times a week. I don't care so much for the scent, it smells like spearmint chewing gum to me, not something I want on my face, but that's a minor point. I also don't like it in the jar, I prefer the tube (hate getting anything under my nails). Didn't make my eyes burn, or feel like it was irritating my skin. It does take a little time and effort to rinse off, I had to scrub a little with a washcloth, but my skin felt very smooth and clean after. So, if you are in the market for a mask, and your skin isn't dry or sensitive, and don't want to spend an arm and a leg, this is a good place to start.