September 30, 2014 | 1136 users online

Masks - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Masque

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2007 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Daisdais

Here's a keeper. After reading the reviews of this product not only here but on other forums as well I decided to give a try. LOVE IT! I have large pores on my nose and this made them less visible after the first use. This is now one of my staples!

*This can be a bit drying so make sure you follow up with a moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2007 6:07:00 PM More reviews by moose3smc

I bought this for $5, so cheap! And it actually works! After reading the reviews and reading that sulphur can be beneficial for acne prone skin, I bought it. I only have used it once, and I can see a difference. Definantly recommend!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2007 6:25:00 PM More reviews by xxheartstearxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque is not quite a "MUST BUY" product, but is great anyways. It is EXTREMELY cheap, yet works like a charm. After using this product, my skin feels refreshed and "squeaky" clean. (It also smells nice). I would definately purchase this again, although it doesn't get rid of my blackheads =[ . It does shrink pores and dry up SMALL WHITEHEADS!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2007 6:04:00 PM More reviews by katarina988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mask is really refreashing. The thing i like about it is you can feel that tingly and airy feeling on your skin without it being overdone. This product is very basic and thats whats makes it so good.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2007 2:49:00 PM More reviews by poohlisey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this mask.. it's an awesome mask to shrink pores and dimish pimples. This is by far the best drying mask ever... And for the price, you just can't beat it! It's effective and dirt cheap.. What more do you want?? :D

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2007 12:13:00 PM More reviews by michmy

i was skeptical about this mask because of the price but after reading the reviews here, i decided to try it out. i'm so thankful for these reviews! this is a great mask, it really dries out pimples and makes blackheads easier to remove. i'm prone to milia and this mask has kept them at bay.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2007 11:11:00 AM More reviews by librarian_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After reading MUA reviews, I went on down to Sally Beauty Supply and picked up a giant 12 oz. vat of Mint Julep Masque for a criminally cheap sale price of $4. This is a good, inexpensive choice for those with oily to very oily skin.
This mask claims to dry out oily skin and, holy cow, believe you me, they are not joking. If you've got combo skin, I highly recommend applying this to only the oily areas. Normal to dry skin types might want to experiment with this mask before purchasing a gigantic tub. (After all, a gigantic tub of something that is too drying to use is not really a bargain.)
This is a clay/mud based mask and I found that it provides the same benefits as similar, more expensive products: smooth skin and slightly less noticable pores.
I removed 2 lippies as this mask does sting and burn slightly on application. I'm of the school that stinging and burning do not mean a product is working. That means a product is irritating my skin. I know many disagree and I offer this only as my opinion.
The drying power and stinging mean that I'll only be using this one on strategic areas once a week or every other week during the summer months.
Overall, I prefer the Queen Helene Mud Pack Masque to this one. I find Mud Pack to be less drying and it doesn't make my skin burn or sting. While I like Mint Julep, I will probably not repurchase -- only because it isn't ideal for my skin type or needs.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2007 9:43:00 AM More reviews by audeespicey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Props to Queen Helene. I learned about this masque from my best girlfriend's mother when I was about 15. We used to give each other spa treatments from her mom's stock, and her mother never begrudged our using her tub of mint julep masque.

Last year, I was in a car accident and some of the medication I'm on for the nerve pain doesn't agree with my skin at all. At first, I was having cystic acne. Now, it's settled down somewhat, except I just couldn't get rid of the "milk spots" and whiteheads on my cheeks and either side of my mouth on my chin.

Yesterday, I read some reviews here and thought, "Wait, I haven't tried that lately!"

To the bathroom I went. First, I dissolved 4 aspirin in witch hazel on the bathroom sink and exfoliated with that. Then I grabbed my trusty old tub of Queen Helene mint julep masque and got to work. It had dried out somewhat, but I rehydrated what I scooped onto my fingers with a few drops of warm water.

I let the masque on my face for about 30 minutes, then took a shower.

When I got out of the shower, I toned with witch hazel and put on my moisturizer. Back to my regular skincare regime before bed, and when I woke up this morning....

...wait for it...

...the milk spots and whiteheads on my cheeks are nearly gone. I'm not kidding you. After 6 months of living with this disgusting mess and trying everything on the drugstore shelves, one application of Queen Helene seems to have dried out the worst of it.

Queen Helene tingles and nearly burns after I put it on. This isn't a treatment that I'll use every day, but now that I've rediscovered it, this is definitely my weekly facial.

Tip to those who don't like the tube: Buy from Sally's -- Sally's still has the big old-fashioned tub.

Cheap, effective and helped a conition that no other non-prescription skincare product has helped in 6 months. What else is there to say?!

21 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2007 1:57:00 AM More reviews by dramaflower

i love this stuff; it makes my skin feel clean and tightens up my pores (although only temporarily :( ) and occasionally makes a zit or two disappear. also helps w/ marks, it makes my skin look all-over better toned (also temporary :( ) it's soo cheap though, and it does make me look sooooo good after i use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2007 12:17:00 AM More reviews by JaeMann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This thing really cleans up my ugly nose pores. Can dry me out a bit. Amazing as a spot treatment.