Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, Kaolin, Bentonite, Glycerin, Zinc Oxide, Propylene Glycol, Sulfur, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI#77288), Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben

on 10/5/2007 12:27:00 PM

I liked the feel of this mask on my face. It didn't have as much of a wowing effect on my skin like it did for others :( Maybe it's because I don't do it often enough (I do it once per month)... I use it as a spot treatment though. Doesn't seem to diminish the size or color of pimples, but I think it may keep them from getting really big. If I don't find a better mask, I'll buy this one again because it smells so good and cools on contact.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This doesn't do anything to clear out my pores or heal blemishes, but I do leave it on overnight when I want my skin to look even, smooth, and not too shiny the next day. The underlying sulfurous stench lingers until I wash my face fully with cleanser and warm water. If I ever purchase this again, it won't be in the tube format - trying to squeeze out the last 1/3 can lead to some messiness all over the towels, floor, mirrors, etc.

on 10/5/2007 7:43:00 AM

my HG in do it yourself facials!! this stuff is the best..no gimmicks..no surprises...its pretty much foolproof...the only downside is that once it starts getting old or stale its harder to rub on ur skin...
my ultimate facial that i do once a week is to cleanse my skin (i use oxy 10 BP wash) and then i put on my mint julep and leave it on for at least 30 minutes...then i get a damp warm-hot towel and put it on my face for 2 minutes...then do that again (wet it over again with warm water) then i gently wash away the mask with water or the towel..and then i get the towel--this time with cold water--and put it on my face to close up those pores and revive my face!! this seriously removes the weeks grime and congestion on my face!!!

on 10/2/2007 4:43:00 PM

This product just made my skin burn. I also don't like the packaging...it is cheap though, and I can see how it would work well. So, I would not buy it again, but for the price I think it is worth a shot if your skin is oily and acne-prone.

on 9/30/2007 9:52:00 AM

I have to admit that I love low priced great result products. And this minty masque is one of it. I can't use it all over my face because it can be quite drying. But for spot blemish treatment, I adore this mask. It has zinc which helps to keep bacterias under control. Mint to rejuvinate the skin. Clay to draw out toxins, oils, and impurities. I don't know how they make money selling this brand for such a low low price. I guess they go by number. That is probably their key to success with this brand. Can't live without when my skin gets oily.

on 9/30/2007 2:19:00 AM

The best mask in the world. Unclogs all my pores and the sulphur mellows any acne flares. Sometimes i leave it overnight on pimples. If i have ten thumbs, all will be up!!

on 9/28/2007 11:05:00 AM

Well, after reading the reviews on this product I had to try it out. For $3.85 at Walgreen's I figured if it didn't work oh well. I have normal to dry skin and don't have too much trouble with breakouts though I do have blackheads on my chin and nose. I have been feeling like my complexion has been a bit muddy and blah looking. So I used this two nights ago and WOW what a difference. My pores are smaller, skin looks brighter and overall looks so much better. It didn't dry out my skin or leave it feeling tight. I am really happy with the results. I do have to say the sulfur smell is AWFUL! It just lingers. But I will continue to use because of the results. I will probably write another review after I have used it a while longer.

on 9/28/2007 8:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Yesterday, I saw a big pimple on the side of my face, I used the mask for 15 min and rinsed it off and this morning the pimple is half the size from last night, amazing!! I will be using this twice a week now on. It makes such a difference on skin and brightens up the face.

on 9/25/2007 1:32:00 PM

I am so glad I listened to all the raves about this mask. My favorite things about it:

1) Tingly, almost burning sensation upon application. I have resistant skin that is never irritated by products, so this to me means that it is doing something.

2) After drying, I could see dark spots in the mask where the it had absorbed the dirt and oil out of my pores. Yay!!

3) After rinsing, my pores were cleaner than I have ever seen them.

Yes, there is that sulfur smell after rinsing (again, sign of effectiveness to me), but so worth it. I will use this all the time.

on 9/24/2007 10:55:00 PM

This is a great classic that I am so glad to have rediscovered.

I don't really have any acne, but I have enormous, congested pores all over my nose. Due to the extent of my congestion, I steamed my face for awhile prior to using this, and gently coaxed out some of the 'gunk' with the end of a comodone extractor.

When I was finished with that, my pores looked cleaner, but they were still huge and very noticeable. I put the mask on my nose only, about the same area as a pore strip would cover.

It really tingled which made me feel like it was doing something. I actually like the minty smell, and the light green color makes it fun to apply.

The mask was dry in about 20 minutes and I rinsed. My pores were nearly invisible!

Prior to purchasing, I researched clay masks and was prepared to shell out a lot more money for a good product. I realized that this mask contains the same active ingredients as the higher end brands. At $2.80, I figured it is worth a shot and was pleasantly surprised.

I actually used to use this stuff over 10 years ago and remember that it was hard to wash off, but I didn't seem to have that problem this time.

Also, I love the packaging. I used to get it in a squeeze tube which I found annoying. The jar is just perfect.

Popular Masks