Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, Kaolin, Bentonite, Glycerin, Zinc Oxide, Propylene Glycol, Sulfur, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI#77288), Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben

on 8/25/2007 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product! How did I ever go so long without it? This stuff is the best for blackheads. I use this in combination with an aspirin mask. I disolve 4 uncoated, generic aspirin tablet in a tiny bit of tap water. I drain off the water and crush the tablets with my finger (adding the water makes them super ever to crush but make sure you only let it sit for a second or two). Then I squeeze some QHMJM in my hand, add the aspirin, and mix. I apply the mixture to my face and let sit until it dries. Then I use a washcloth to get it off, and my face is perfectly soft and smooth! This masks makes extractions so easy. Just use a washcloth to lightly steam, and then go at your blackheads. Mine extract easily after this mask. I'm on my second tube and I plan to buy many more.

on 8/23/2007 8:01:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I gave this mask a try for the first time a few months ago, and I'm still loving it! Background: I have a very oily t-zone and the occasional zit/blemish, along with a bit of large pores around my nose and cheeks. Let me begin by saying that this thing is TOUGH to get out of the tube. At first I thought my tube was expired, but turns out this is what it's like. So after I managed to get enough out and covered my whole face, I let it sit for 20mins as instructed. Then I go wash it off and voila! My pores look much clearer and smaller. I didn't think this would actually work but I was very pleasantly surprised. It has a slightly minty smell; I don't know what everyone else is talking about when they say it smells like sulfur. I didn't smell it at all!
Overall, a great value for the price. Would most certainly repurchase. The packaging could be better, though.

on 8/23/2007 5:00:00 PM

I bought the Mint Julep Mask at the same Walgreens two-for-one sale. After using it my skin looked clear and clean and felt incredibly soft. It really is a great mask. It's one you rinse away, which I like better than the kind that peels away (those hurt!). I like the spearminty scent too. I think it might be a bit too drying for cold winter weather, but in the summer heat and humidity it's great stuff. Someone suggested I try the grape seed mask for winter, and I will.

Wow! I went to Walgreens in search of a mask and this was the only one they had. I was pretty hesitant because I have never heard of this brand before. It was $3.50 and was on sale for buy one get one free. I figured it was worth a try. I didn't have high expectations but was so wrong! My pores haven't looked this clear and small in years! I love this mask so much and use it several times a week. The cooling sensations feels so refreshing as well. I highly recommend this mask!

on 8/20/2007 6:32:00 PM

I have mixed feelings towards this product. I like it, but I don't really know how much it does for my skin. I've had constant acne since I was about 12 years old, and I decided to try this mask because of all the great things I heard about it. I wasn't necessarily disappointed, but I don't think it did a lot.

I really like the minty tingle, and I think it does help make my skin less oily. I don't know if does anything for my acne though.

on 8/20/2007 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I was using DDF's sulfur mask prior to this. QHMJ masque exceeded my expectations. It works just like DDF's on my super oily skin. I use this everyday and as a spot treatment. My skin is super oily/acne-prone/sensitive skin. This does not eliminate stubborn blackheads on my skin but helps alot if used prior to extraction. Overall, this becomes a new staple for me. Packaging is ok. Price is cheap. Will repurchase.

on 8/19/2007 9:05:00 AM

I bought this mask from the Health Food Store, it was on sale for a good price. I knew nothing about it until after I bought it! Anyways... Good points: your face feels toned after use, pleasant smell, creamy and thick, feels cooling. NOT-so-good points: can sting your face, can over-dry it, is tough to get out of the tube, it is a bit TOO thick, smell could be overpowering for some people. I was not AMAZED by this mask, but I don't think it's a bad mask! I would prefer a mask that is a bit more soothing at the same time. I do think this is a good mask for occasional use.. and only for people with oily skin. I think it would even be too drying for people with normal skin. It is good as an overnight spot treatment, because of the sulfur it contains. I wouldn't rave about this product to anyone, but I would certainly suggest it, because many people really love it, and it's always worth a try. I may revisit this product in the future, but for now I don't feel it's a must-have. :)

on 8/18/2007 5:39:00 AM

This is pretty much as great as everyone says. My boyfriend and I love it; it makes your skin so soft and clean. It can get a little messy & hard to get out of the tube at times, but it's worth it I think. It really does draw gross stuff out of your pores and is such a bargain. I also just find it really fun to walk around with a green face and laugh at my boyfriend when he puts it on as well.

on 8/15/2007 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I recommend this product to EVERYONE I know who has troubled skin. This will heal a blemish overnight...and it smells so refreshing!

on 8/11/2007 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

this is a great product for those that have the occasional cystic pimples!! each time i would notice a pimple coming, i would just dab some of this and leave it over night. the next day my pimple would shrink in size! really a great product.

Popular Masks