September 19, 2014 | 974 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2004 5:24:00 PM More reviews by snowmaid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my one and only. Doesn't make my skin break out, doesn't streak, matches to a T.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2004 6:17:00 PM More reviews by georgefan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

BEST foundation I've ever seen! I've had no luck with getting my color or getting good coverage until I decided to check out the MAC counter out of sheer curiousity when it opened in Filene's. The people there are all so great and so helpful. I really felt beautiful after I got this makeup...which lasts forever! I'm so impressed and intend to stockpile before I leave for school.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2004 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Lissa2677

I really like this foundation, it covers great and goes on with such ease. You have to be careful no to use too much cause it can be heavy. I use it as foundation and concealor and it is so soft that it does not irritate my eyes. They do not give you much in the tube but a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2004 2:06:00 AM More reviews by owwlala

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Once again MAC gets props for color selection. Oil control and mattifying problems are my top priority when looking for liquid foundation which is now my staple. I like SF Matte more than other brands because I can live w/the color. It wears sheer but is buildable, doesn't oxidize and does run lighter than the powder versions of MAC. With Blot Powder over this it is quite nice and lasts all day. Expecting anything to be there from 6am till 10pm is just asking way too much so I stopped and am happy that I look great till 5pm when I do a quick touch up before facing the man of my dreams who thinks I look like a beauty queen w/o MU.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2004 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Olivier

i kept hearing good stuff about M.A.C. but this product was a real stinker. Didn't like the smell, oxidizes too fast (I don't have oily skin) & the color was not right for me. (i'm between NC15 and NC20) didn't like it and wouldn't buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2004 12:57:00 PM More reviews by thebib1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is nice-blends in much better with a foundation brush than with fingers, huge 50ml squeezy bottle for £14.50 GBP.Colour range good although I for some reason had to buy both NC35 and NC45 to make 40.However, with my yellow-toned skin prone to alot of colour change from weather/fake tan etc this is the best option,especially seeing as my skin is yellow-toned-first range I've found which get actually match my skin colour!Looks v.natural,honestly doesn't shift even when you touch your face,can adjust coverage although not for those wanting v.light cover.Although it is meant to be a matte product I found it only semi-matte, but I like a healthy glow rather than flat look.However, I've only started using it recently (summer) and don't know how matte it would be in the winter.It is an excellent product and keeps skin hydrated, alhtough you still need concealer for heavier coverage round the nose etc.

UPDATE 27 Apr 2008: Really don't like this product. Doesn't go on all that evenly so you end up putting more and more on. Controls shine to begin with because you've got so much caked on but shine still comes out later in the day. Too orangey, don't think it helped my breakout either. It just feels like the consistency is almost kind of waxy that it shifts across the face too much. For NC35ish women who want coverage I HIGHLY recommend Clarins Teint Confort in 09 Cappucine - MUCH less orange than anything else I've tried, and buildable and blendable coverage (I wear a full-face motorbike helmet every day and this stays puts miles better than the MAC which is a creamier consistency), only thing is you need a tiny touch of powder to make sure it isn't too glowey if you tend to get shine. It's my HG though, despite the glowiness. I'm going to try Estee Lauder Lucidity and see how that works with it. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2004 2:19:00 PM More reviews by snafuish

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this could be a better product. It doesn't last throughout the day. Normally by noon, half of it is gone, even if I set it with powder. I do like it cos the color matches quite well. Plus I like that it's a got a medium coverage. I only apply foundation to my eye area, nose and chin to even out my skin tone there. I'll keep buying until I find something else that matches AND not disappear midday.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2004 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Satinea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product has taken me a while to get use to. I went against the MAC salesgirl's advice and bought a shade lighter then she recommended. Loved the packaging and the feel of the product when it went on my skin. I also like the squeezy application. I litterally "slap" my foundation staright on from the tube with my fingers and found the squeezy application easier then with a bottle. The NC15 shade suited me perfectly. The only flaw was that it wasn't long lasting. Having been use to using Max factor's facefinity, I was disapointed, especially as I love everything else about this product. I didn't want to waste it by throwing it away. I have since invested in the matching sheer/pressed powder and now have my dream face!!! By laying on a layer of light foundation followed by a layer of light powder, I get medium to full coverage which lasts all day and yet still looks natural - more so then Facefnity. In this day aand age of the al natural look, you sometimes feel it's a sin to even think of wearing foundation on your face, let alone foundation AND powder on top of that!!! But hey it's what our Grandma's and those old time movie stars used to do!!! (And didn't they always look great!?!? Joan Collins also does the same and having met the lady in person, I can tell you that under that mask of make up is the best peaches and cream complexion, which she puts down to never stepping out of the house without even a light foundation with sunscreen) This is great for when I want a more polished look. On it's own, this product gives a nice light to medium coverage that looks really natural. I also like the fact that you can buy the exact same shade of foundation to match your powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2004 7:53:00 PM More reviews by keil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used Studio Finish Satin Foundation mostly in the winter. It doesn't provide a lot of coverage giving it a natural look. I don't like thick foundations anyway, so the coverage was good for me. However, this made me break out instantly! Won't buy this again

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2004 6:31:00 PM More reviews by kfo04

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I never really liked liquid foundation until I tried the MAC. The NW20 matches to my skin sooo perfectly, I love it! No, it doesn't offer the most coverage, but for me, it's a good deal.