November 26, 2014 | 952 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2006 3:08:00 PM More reviews by muakitten

I'm REALLY disappointed that Studio Fix Fluid runs so dark. It's horrible! As a PPP, the lightest shade (NW15) is a perfect match for me in Studio Fix Powder and all the concealers, so I don't understand why MAC is making Studio Fix Fluid darker. I was counting on this oil-free foundation to be my new favorite. But I'm just going to tell myself that I would have hated it had it matched well, since I'm not really a fan of super-matte finishes, and based on the other reviews it's extremely matte. Hope this review helps some of my fellow PPP's.

In response to member glamerpuss, who reviewed this above: I did not cake on this foundation. A MAC MA applied this very sparingly on me with a foundation brush. Even she said the shades are running really dark in this formula. I want to warn anyone who is pale enough to wear NW15 like myself that Studio Fix Fluid will be too dark in that shade. And NC15 won't work either, because it's too yellow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2006 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Ilse333

This is nothing short of a godsend to someone like me, with combo skin that tends to eat all makeup within hours, especially in my warm Arizona climate. It's easily the best MAC foundation I've ever tried, and definitely one of my top foundations ever. It gives my combo skin a matte, velvety finish with excellent coverage; it also provides a good base for my cream blushes, which normally slide right off me. Though this has a reputation for being dodgy with color, I'm an NC30 who is wearing this just fine in NC30. Excellent foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2006 3:10:00 AM More reviews by sana_j

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an okay foundation. It provides better coverage than other mac foundations and it did not make my sensitive skin itch as the night wore on. I am normally a c40-nc42 and the MA matched me with nc44 because she thought nc42 was too pale. it didnt dry down too dark on me. the coverage is just medium, and i definitely prefer my lsf to this, mostly because I'm not a huge fan of the matte finish. But overall this is a good foundation with decent coverage, and it lasts longer than studio tech or their moisturizing one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2006 12:36:00 AM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

coverage wise...its pretty nice...control oils very well.....i was pissed when they didnt have the C range but the SA told me the NC's r uber yellow....my current winter skin is a C3 and NC30 matches me perfectly...i prefer this over studio fix for coverage and doesnt oxidize on me! this is the ONLY mac foundation i like! (but still wont beat my cinema secrets foundation) *update* much happier w/ revlon colorstay

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2006 7:04:00 PM More reviews by sushiiflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

GGG - C40 - Brown Hair - Brown Eyes

I got a sample of this from my MA. I normally wear C40 in the Studio Fix powder and I wasn't sure what would match my yellow/olive undertones since Studio Fix Fluid doesn't come in C. He gave me NC44, which is a tad bit too orangey, I may have to go back and get a lighter color. I placed this on my jawline to compare and with natural light, the area looks very smooth and natural minus the slight orange tinge. And to be honest, I hate liquid foundations with a passion. But I found the texture to be smooth, light and airy. Almost like Select Tint (which I absolutely love). The coverage is velvetly smooth and not cakey, one of my biggest fears in trying out liquid foundation. Unfortunately, I agree with the reviewer below, it does dry darker than you expect. I still have to return to the counter to find a match, but I am not sure if there will be one. I am pretty sad about it because it's hard enough trying to match my undertones. MAC -- Please make this in C shades!!! If I don't find a match, then I obviously will not buy the full size and will resign to using my Studio Fix powder with Fix+ on top.

C Shade girlies, Try before you buy! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2006 3:24:00 PM More reviews by dusty

This foundation runs slightly dark as it dries down. I normally wear NW25 & NW20 works very well for me in the SFF. It has good coverage, matte finish, lasts all day (I have combo/oily skin) on me & has not made me break out. When applied with the Mac #187 brush it just makes my skin look really pretty & natural. I do use Mac Blot Powder over it, but then I don't have to blot or re-powder during the day. I can use any Mac foundation, except for Face & Body & I think this will be my favorite. For a while, anyway. It's $24.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2006 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Brelki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this foundation, but I probably wouldn't repurchase because I prefer MAC hyper real. Studio Finish seems to cover more than hyper real, but it also feels quite a bit heavier on my skin. I wear a NW20 in this (normally a NC20/25 or 200 in hyper real), and it matches well. I've noticed that I have to wear a moisturizer under this foundation; otherwise, it makes my skin look a little flaky around my nose (hyper real doesn't do this). Overall, it's a good foundation--not my favorite MAC foundation though. This might be picky, but the studio finish has an odd smell to it in my opinion. I only notice it when I first open it though. I'm not sure if anyone else has this issue.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2005 7:18:00 PM More reviews by vivalasvegas

Good if your skin is pretty clear. The coverage on this foundation is very thin. I wouldn't reccomend this foundation if you use foundation to cover up stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2005 9:43:00 PM More reviews by avrilxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First of all, i'm an NC50 (medium-dark skin tone). This foundation is my first, and so far I'm liking it because it matches my skin tone perfectly, but the downside is that even though I have dry skin, it makes my skin look a bit greasy. Also it's a bit heavy, and if you don't blend it a ton you can see dark patches within the foundation. so you really have to blend! Other than that, it lasts pretty much all day, and works well as concealer. The only thing though, is that it makes me break out, so I only wear it when I really have to (special occasions). This is also a very photogenic foundation, it makes your skin look extremely even and perfect in photographs. But then again, I don't know if other foundations do this too since again, this is my first foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2005 5:32:00 PM More reviews by lenah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in NC45 as a cheaper (and hopefully better) alternative to NARS Gel Fraicheur. Gel Fraicheur had great consistency, blendability, and not too bad of a color match. But for a MUCH closer color match and $10 less, I decided to try this fdtn. By itself, it is light coverage and simply polishes the face while looking ultra natural. With the Studio fix concealer and Blot powder, it is perfection! A beautiful matte face that lasts as well as I've ever experienced and doesn't darken throughout the day. I would suggest buying this by itself if you have normal skin in good to very good condition (and just want a more polished look) OR with the concealer and Blot powder if you have oily, sometimes-unpredictable skin like mine.

(By the way, I gave it three lippies because it's a perfect color match, sheer but buildable coverage, and reasonable price. I took off two lippies because the fdtn itself is not really matte--it's a natural finish that doesn't control oil well at all.) continued >>