October 30, 2014 | 1691 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2005 9:43:00 PM More reviews by avrilxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First of all, i'm an NC50 (medium-dark skin tone). This foundation is my first, and so far I'm liking it because it matches my skin tone perfectly, but the downside is that even though I have dry skin, it makes my skin look a bit greasy. Also it's a bit heavy, and if you don't blend it a ton you can see dark patches within the foundation. so you really have to blend! Other than that, it lasts pretty much all day, and works well as concealer. The only thing though, is that it makes me break out, so I only wear it when I really have to (special occasions). This is also a very photogenic foundation, it makes your skin look extremely even and perfect in photographs. But then again, I don't know if other foundations do this too since again, this is my first foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2005 5:32:00 PM More reviews by lenah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in NC45 as a cheaper (and hopefully better) alternative to NARS Gel Fraicheur. Gel Fraicheur had great consistency, blendability, and not too bad of a color match. But for a MUCH closer color match and $10 less, I decided to try this fdtn. By itself, it is light coverage and simply polishes the face while looking ultra natural. With the Studio fix concealer and Blot powder, it is perfection! A beautiful matte face that lasts as well as I've ever experienced and doesn't darken throughout the day. I would suggest buying this by itself if you have normal skin in good to very good condition (and just want a more polished look) OR with the concealer and Blot powder if you have oily, sometimes-unpredictable skin like mine.

(By the way, I gave it three lippies because it's a perfect color match, sheer but buildable coverage, and reasonable price. I took off two lippies because the fdtn itself is not really matte--it's a natural finish that doesn't control oil well at all.) continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2005 10:11:00 PM More reviews by lohlah

This foundation was my first "real" foundation...the packaging was awesome, but the product, sadly, was not. Maybe it was due to the fact that I was a make-up newbie at the time, but from what I remember the product made me look flaky and shortly thereafter I began to breakout. The range of shades though is good. I would probably not repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2005 3:48:00 AM More reviews by epitaph_for_myheart

I love the packaging! It feels light on me, and looks soo natural but covers. You only need a little bit!! Not too matte, makes me look very polished. Great for pictures, too, NC35 is my perfect match. However, it isn't good if you have large pimples *no foundation is, anyway*
*****************Just so you guys know, they are only d/c-ing some shades, not the whole line!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2005 4:28:00 AM More reviews by cmhwi

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Tried this out and it covered beautifully but felt rather heavy on the face. After about two weeks of use I started breaking out badly. It continued to the point where I had to discontinue use of the product, so I won't be purchasing this again. They did seem to have a good choice of shades for those that can tolerate the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2005 6:44:00 PM More reviews by pinkbaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Overall this is a pretty good foundation. Good coverage without feeling "cakey", and the shade matched my skin perfectly. I wouldn't recommend it if you have very dry skin, however, because the little dry spots I did have looked worse.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2005 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Fancy_Face

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundation does anyone know if there is anything out there that is comparable?

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2005 2:59:00 PM More reviews by taubeta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this for about a year before I discovered it was the source of my starting to break out. Would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2004 12:04:00 PM More reviews by creoula

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in the NC 35 colour & although it is not an exact match (a little on the pinky side) it still blends with my skin tone. I am not crazy about the packaging I find that it clumps around the dispenser. And wouldn't buy again b/c I am not into a full coverage foundation anymore. I think that less is better & prefer to have a good tinted moisturizer (Stila) & a great blush.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2004 6:01:00 PM More reviews by macaroona

I really love this foundation - its my regular. The colour matches well with my skin and its light enough to use as a primer for eye makeup and around the eyes over concealer. The only problem I have with it is the finish - sometimes I wish it was a little more powdery. Still, the light coverage and perfect colour are big plusses. If you brush a little pressed powder over your face you will get that matte finish anyways, which I usually do. A great product.