Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have very oily pale skin, i bought this product after getting pregnant and becoming extreamly acne prone. i wore this product for about 5 hours and when i looked in the mirror no visible oil, i fell asleep with the product on and washed if off the next day, it acutally didnt even rub off on my pillow the coverage was great in the morning i could have touched up and walked out of the house, which i thought was a plus if you need to crash at some ones house with out any notice! also after all that time on my face i did not break out.

i agree with others the smell at first smells like paint, the packaging is poor for displaying the true color. after using bare minerals for about 4 years i found the price to be very reasonable.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I LOVE REVLON COLORSTAY FOUNDATION! This is by far the best drugstore foundation ever and one of the best foundations out there period. When applied correctly it last all day, looks great with the proper color matching, and is lightweight. This foundation is my go to, everyday makeup if I'm just in the mood to wear makeup, it gives that flawless look without caking up. Although I do prime my skin with milk of magnesia and monistat chaffing gel before every application.

on 10/18/2010 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really great fundation. One of the best I used and I tried a lot of them. It lasts all day and provides excellent buildable coverage. However it does not control shine, not in my case anyway.
At first I applied it with my fingers and I it was just average foundation for me. Looked kind of greasy (even if it was for combination/oily skin), made it easy to apply to much (I looked muuuch older). Then I tried to put it with LM sponge and I loved it.
I hate the bottle and the paint scent, love coverage and lasting powder.
Will buy again until something better will cross my way...

on 10/17/2010 10:32:00 AM

I liked this product because it gives a great coverage and lasts really well on my oily skin. Most foundations I have tried leave me shiny after an hour or so but this one keeps me looking matt all day.

I did break out in some spots whilst using this product but I have never found a foundation so far that has not caused break outs. I didn't use the product every day.

The shade I used was 110 ivory. I found it was a little too pale for my skin but the next shade was way too dark so I have stopped using this product for now.

on 10/17/2010 5:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used this product religiously over the course of the last two years (seriously, like ten bottles lying around) but something seemed to have happened to my skin that began to hate the thing. I never broke out with it until recently when I purchased a new bottle. New formulation or perhaps just this specific jar? No idea, but all I know is that I'm not satisfied anymore. I have, however, loved this for so long it seems fair that I give it at least three points. The coverage is phenomenal and the lasting power is out of this world; truly something worth checking out. The shade range is decent (though I have never found a perfect match). The lack of pump is irritating but something you won't mind especially if this is HG for you. The strange paint scent is also something you'll get over the first few days. In my experience, the dry/normal and combination/oily formulas do not differ largely enough to go out of your way to buy one over the other; they both had the same finish and effect on me.

on 10/17/2010 1:53:00 AM

I didn't really like this product. It made my face feel really heavy and it just felt uncomfortable through the day. and what made it worse was that it had no pump! but even if it had a pump, i won't buy this foundation again

on 10/17/2010 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

When I first bought this I LOVED it! The colour match was great, and it looked great. My face got really oily with it, and it started to come off about 2 1/2 hours into wearing it.
By the end of the day, I looked like an awful oil ball.
And to top it off, it broke me out like crazy!!
PLUS, in Canada, it was about $27 including tax, which is expensive, especially for a drugstore product.

Overall, a definite never again, especially to you oily girls.
But if your not oily/acne prone, I bet this would look stunning.

on 10/16/2010 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Other, Kinky, Coarse

Why did I ever hold out on this product? I have oily skin and in the last month I have tried MAC, Loreal, Maybelline, Lancome, and finally settled with Clinique. Though, I am not happy with the Clinique. SO I finally tried the Colorstay for oily/combo skin today and it is awesome. I couldn't stopped looking at myself in the mirror. It PASSED the car mirror test with flying colors. (Usually I am either horrified or disappointed with my foundation when I look in the car mirror.) Also, it truly is nontransferable. It also controls oil well and I am not wearing a primer. OH WHY did I wait so long to try this foundation. It may be my HG. We shall see...

on 10/16/2010 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have the medium/oily one in fresh beige.

I thought this product was great because it last long and as a student i walk around everyone. I get sweaty and gross but it stays on. "colorstay".
The only thing i didn't like was i can still see my pores. But, on my behalf I can just buy primer. Also, to be honest i break out a tiny bit. But if you clean it out you'll be fine!(:

I love this product. It has WONDERFUL coverage and lasts a pretty long time, although not as long as they claim...atleast on my skin.

The pros for me are:

Long lasting
No nasty smell
AWESOME full matte coverage

The cons for me are:

I wish it had a pump
It makes me break out

With that said, even though it makes me break out i still use it because i love the coverage.....i'm not sure if that makes sense but it's the best foundation (for the price) that i have found, and i think it compairs to MAC fix plus (love that too, but that one makes me break out even worse than Colorstay and is a lot more expensive.)