September 19, 2014 | 973 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2010 9:02:00 PM More reviews by AmyJoJo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Best fondation I have found. My skin is oily in the t zone. This stuff holds up nicely!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Beladahmer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

best foundation ever.... bar none... better than some department store brands... and it really stays on!! i will buy this over and over again... cheap and THE BEST! just wish it had a pump...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 10:29:00 AM More reviews by elizsafox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never used to be a foundation person - I've always had pretty good skin and only needed tinted moisturizer, until recently as age and hormones and sun damage has started to set in. As my first foundation, I chose this based upon a makeup artist's recommendation. I heard that it doesn't make you break out, which is my main concern. I also heard that it has great coverage and goes on smoothly.

I do agree that it doesn't irritate my skin or make it break out, but I'm not sure about the coverage part of it. To me, it does as well if not just slightly better than my tinted moisturizer. It's not full coverage, but it does do a good job of smoothing my skin tone and hiding some of the pigmentation. I don't know if this would be a good foundation for someone who is used to heavier coverage or requires more.

It does go on nice and smooth and I put it on as I would a moisturizer. The only thing about that is, it is a bit messy because of just how liquidy it is and it's in that bottle with a wide top. I think I'm going to get a brush for future application.

It lasts quite a while but had a hard time standing up to heat and humidity after a few hours. I had issues with shine and it almost looked as though I hadn't put any foundation on at all. I will probably stick to tinted moisturizer in the summer months but use this fall through spring.

After a long time trying for figure out what color I might need, I picked one out that seems to work perfectly, much to my surprise. I use the warm golden and it blends wonderfully with my light tan skin tone.

With such a great price, no break outs and even skin tone, I will repurchase this product. It has been recommended above even MAC foundation and I agree - it is worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 3:46:00 PM More reviews by iccwt

Okay I give up. I've been always trying to find that "perfect" foundation. Colorstay is great but it's a little too obvious "makeup" and doesn't always seem easy to blend, a little too thick, etc. I use the dry skin version in nude. I've tried BB creams, high end foundations, SKII spray on foundation, etc, and I ALWAYS wind up going back to this. All my experiments with other more popular options never pan out and I just wind up wasting money. This has better lasting power than anything else, better coverage, and blends fine as long as I remember to use some sort of moisturizer underneath. The color Nude matches my skin exactly. I have tried a lot of BB creams from overseas that are decent but the color is always off and they also feel thicker than this, or just disappear too easily. I'm going to stick with Colorstay. It's cheap and it works for my skin. The only thing is I wish it came in a more hygenic squeeze bottle or something like that. Other than that it's perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 2:02:00 PM More reviews by cherrybeary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use the combo/oily version. This is my FAVORITE foundation in any price range! I know this would never work for everyone, but my oily/sensitive/acne prone skin loves it.

It's very long lasting. Seriously, I put makeup on at 6:00 am and often get home from sports games at 10:00pm. Yes, the same application gets me through the day and looks mighty fine. This will draw attention to any flakes on your face, so I would suggest getting that under control before even trying this.

To be honest, I had an awful time getting the application right. It was like one big science experiment, but I nailed it eventually. Trust me, Colorstay can be very fickle depending upon the products used over/under it. I almost threw it in the trash when I tried it with my MAC prep & prime spf50. Oh what a cracked, cakey disaster. I'm so happy that I didn't give up, because it is the best foundation on my skin.

In case this might help someone, here is my routine: I use a non-greasy sunscreen (Cerave Day SPF30 or Ocean Potion Face 45) and then let that soak in for about 5 minutes. Next I like Too Faced primed & poreless on my oily areas. Then I use a cream concealer on old acne scars and MAC moisture concealer (sorry I'm drawing a blank on the exact name) under my eyes. I had a really hard time finding concealer that didn't look icky/cakey under this. After that, I use a damp white triangle sponge and stipple the foundation all over my face. I follow up with a matte powder pressed on with a velour puff. During the day, I blot the oil regularly with Clean & Clear sheets and touch up with powder. My face tends to get oily and break down makeup, but this stays nice and freshens right up with blotting papers. Wow!

To handle the pump problem, (there isn't a pump) I emptied out an old bottle of foundation and refilled it with my colorstay. Problem solved.

Seriously, I like this better than my MAC or MUFE. If you have oily skin it might be worth a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2010 12:46:00 PM More reviews by MercyMercedes9492

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well Ive Use Both The Oily And Dry But for me the One For Oily Skin Really Dried my face so that one was a no for me but i decided to try the one for dry skin and that one works really good it drys fast so you kinda have to hurry when you put it on but it hydrated my face and it works great .. so maybe some people who only tried the oily one and did not like it cause it dried your face maybe you should try the one for dry skin it works but if you a person who has really oily skin maybe you should not use it but i also lightly put some powder over it to finish it off(:::
    (( I use Revon Color-stay For Dry Skin ))

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2010 7:15:00 AM More reviews by brookej1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product was too drying for my skin. I did not like the color selection. Wouldn't try this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2010 12:42:00 AM More reviews by carlaaaay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

HG foundation. I prefer it to MAC Studiofix. I use the Combination/Oily Skin and it lasts even on my super oily skin. It applies really smoothly with my duo fibre brush and looks very natural. Schloves it! c:

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by MakeupIsLovee3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is my everyday foundation, i ALWAYS use this foundation, it just completely covers everything without looking cakey. the only thing i would change about it is, that it doesn't have a pump so it can get a bit messy, i dont know i just always prefer a pump... but other than that i would 100% recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2010 1:54:00 AM More reviews by puurpleprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i love this foundation. Before this, i used the MAC foundation but it caused breakouts. Ive been using Revlon Colorstay for over a year -no problem with breakout.