November 26, 2014 | 1921 users online

Blush - NARS - Orgasm Blush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2008 11:47:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have dry, n10/15 skin which often looks dull, so finding a blusher which looked natural was hard. My search is over.

ORGASM is my number one choice; it's a rosy pink/peach that looks natural on my skin. It is lightly shimmering, so gives me a heathly flush. It is also easy to apply. I'm quite heavy handed first thing in the morning, yet ORGASM never looks artificial on me.

Yes it is pricey, but I've had mine for over a year and have yet to hit pan, even though I use it all of the time.

I have no complaints about this product. A+

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2008 1:37:00 AM More reviews by liz91

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I waited and waited to purchase this since I didn't want to feed into all of the hype. But this blush really does live up to its reputation. It is a great pinky-peach color. It is a bit lighter than, but similar to, one of my favorite blushes, Joyous, which was a limited-edition blush by MAC. I feel that orgasm can be worn with both pinky and peachy-toned lipsticks, a real bonus. You can layer it on for more coverage or apply it more sheerly. I am not sure why some people have problems with getting good coverage or too much shimmer. It could be the brush they are using. I don't have such problems. I absolutely love the blush packaging, the smooth way the case feels. It is sort of silly, but it's my favorite packaging out of all my blushes. So yes, I'd definitely repurchase this blush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2008 4:59:00 AM More reviews by lelly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Orgasm lives up to the hype for me. I find it very easy to apply, and it provides the perfect amount of pigment. It mimics my natural flush beautifully. It doesn't scream "blush," just "healthy glow." I'm very fair, and the color is just right for me. And to be honest, I'm confused by the reviews that find it too shimmery. It's not shimmery at all on me, just satiny and lovely.

I will definitely buy Orgasm again, and I'm looking forward to trying other NARS blushes!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2008 12:29:00 AM More reviews by jadoresdior

So many people recommended me this blush, saying how great it is, but I beg to differ. At least for me, the color doesn't show up my light complexion unless I layered it on. At this point, there's a bit of color but mostly too much glitter and shimmer. Perhaps this color would look better as a highlighter, but as a blush, it does not show up as the coveted peachy pink color without making me look like a disco queen. I'm sure this color may work for other people, but you should test it out before you decide to purchase. For me, I much prefer Deep Throat. Better pigmentation and less shimmer. ^_~

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2008 11:32:00 PM More reviews by MACismyboyfriend

NARS Orgasm is a beautiful color! It has very great payoff and can be a nice, naturally flushed look or more of a night-time look if applied with a heavier hand..my only complaint is that whenever you sweep the blush brush across there is a lot of excess powder leftover that is really annoying. However, I like the packaging and more importantly the color is really pretty so I would definitly buy this again

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2008 4:39:00 AM More reviews by lipglosseater

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

*Click on "Continued>>" to view pics / full review*

At a Glance:
Price: US$25 (approx. RM90)
Website: Narscosmetics.com
Weight: 4.5g / 0.16 OZ.
Made in: Casing made in Italy, contents made in USA
Ingredients: Talc, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Tricaprylin, Caprylic/CapricTriglyceride, Cera Alba (Beeswax), PEG-150 Distearate, Lanolin, Laureth-4, Tocopherol, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, May Contain: Mica, CI 77491, 77492, 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 75740 (Carmine), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 15850 (Red 6, Red 7 Lake), CI 45410 (Red 28 Lake), CI 17200 (Red 33 Lake), CI 45370 (Orange 5), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake)

Product Description:

Made with transparent pigments for a soft and sheer look. Imparts a natural, healthy glow for any skin tone and may be worn alone or layered together for more depth and intensity.

* Provides a sheer, natural hint of color
* Made with transparent pigments to avoid heaviness
* Broad selection of shades

Actual Product Pic:

Pigmentation & Color (Plus Swatches! :D):

This color is described as a Peachy Pink with Shimmer on the website, which i thought was accurate! Contrary to the popular belief that peachy pink blushers are universally flattering, this shade is definitely NOT! I did not get the natural flush many people claim this blush gives... this definitely works better as a highlighter for my NC20-25 skin. I do not find the bountiful golden glitters too much, but those who do not like very shimmery blushes may want to check this out in person first to see if the amount of shimmers is too much for you! Pigmentation wise, this blush is definitely less pigmented than the other NARS blushes. The swatches below were achieved with 5 swatches! :S

Swatch from the NARS Website:

Actual Color:

Packaging:

This blush comes in a rubbery casing which is really compact! Be careful to store this in a dry and cool place away from sunlight because i heard the casing can melt and become really sticky and gooey! :S

There's a small mirror inside too! :)

Texture:
Like all NARS blushes, the texture for this blush is very smooth, despite being so shimmery!! :D

Time Test:
This blush lasts a good 8 hours on my skin, which is amazing!

Price & Availability:
This product is priced at US$25, which i think is alright for the quality and quantity you're getting! It's available at all NARS counters and at Narscosmetics.com! :)

Usage:
I usually layer this over another blush for a beautiful golden sheen highlight! :)

Possible Dupes:
There are so MANY dupes created in honor of this blush! lol! Type in "Nars Orgasm Dupes" in your search engine and you'll find literally more than a thousand sites for this! :D

When i purchased this, i'm really surprised to see how similar the NARS Deep Throat blush is to Orgasm in the pan!! Deep Throat is just like, half a shade lighter than orgasm, and minus the golden shimmers. But once you swatch them, they're quite different!

Orgasm on the left, Deep Throat on the right.

Swatches:

Not sure if you can see from the swatches (my camera is really cranky today!! lol!!), but Deep Throat is actually DARKER and slightly more peachy than Orgasm despite it appearing to be lighter than Orgasm in the pan! Honestly, Deep Throat is everything Orgasm isn't to me!! It works beautifully on my skintone (but we'll leave that for another day!) haha!!

Not satisfied that this is not a close-enough dupe for Orgasm, i dug out all my peachy pink blushes for a comparison... and am surprised to find an EXACT match in the most unlikely product! :D

These are the blushes i have that i thought look "close enough" to Orgasm, with the exception of the TBS Solar Duo one... i thought they MIGHT look similar because of the golden glitters!

Swatches:

Surprise surprise!! The EXACT match for Orgasm is, the TBS Solar Duo in Radiant Bronze (though the TBS one looks darker in the pic for reasons unknown)!! The others are close, but this is a dead match, golden glitters and all!! I'm shocked!! :P

My $0.02:
To be honest, i'm a little disappointed by this blush. I would expect it to be the ultimate blush for me because of the cult status and the lofty praises this blush has garnered. It would be perfect if the BLUSH itself is a little more pigmented because all i get on my face is the golden shimmers (which looks really pretty over another peachy pink blush). I highly recommend checking this blush out in person to see if it works for you or not before buying! continued >>

31 out of 39 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2008 4:29:00 AM More reviews by Mala27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't get the hype?? I have a feeling this blush is great --for the right skin tone!

I have tanned skin and brown eyes and it looks so fake and sparkly (gasp!!) on my skin. I've gone back to my trusty "Outlaw" and have given this mess of a blush to my fair skinned friend!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2008 1:44:00 PM More reviews by llipinsk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This ultra-fine powder goes on so smoothly it almost blends itself. The color is beautiful on, and very versatile.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2008 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Birdieva2002

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Its my new favorite blush. It looks natural yet has a shimmer to it gives you a flush look. Goes on evenly its not streaky, its just a good buy if you want a higher end blush this is it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2008 10:42:00 PM More reviews by principia

I wondered what all the fuss was about and so I sucked it up and paid my $27. Wowzers. It lives up to its name. *sigh* The joy of afterglow. My husband loves it continued >>