NARS Orgasm Blush

talc - polyethylene - zinc stearate - silica - tricaprylin - caprylic/capric triglyceride - beeswax - peg-150 distearate lanolin - laureth-4 - tocopherol - disodium edta - methylparaben - propylparaben - butylparaben - ascorbyl palmitate. May contain: mica - ci 77491, 77492, 77499 (iron oxides) - ci 77891 (titanium dioxide) - ci 77742 (manganese violet) - ci 77007 (ultramarines) - ci 77891 (titanium dioxide) - ci 75470 (carmine) - ci 77163 (bismuth oxychloride) - ci 15850 (red 6, red 7 lake) - ci 45410 (red 28 lake) - ci 17200 (red 33 lake) - ci 45370 (orange 5) - ci 19140 (yellow 5 lake) - ci 15985 (yellow 6 lake) - ci 42090 (blue 1 lake).

on 12/21/2008 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

I really wanted to like this because it is such a cult favorite. It looked very pretty when the MA put this on me in the store, but when I got outside in natural lighting it looked like stage makeup.
PLEASE NOTE!:this is very highly pigmented! a little bit goes a LONG way, so you don't have to wear much. especially if you are light skinned. I just found it was too unnatural looking on me especially with all of the intense gold shimmer. The price is steep, but this will last you a long time. packaging is really cute, and who doesn't want to pull out the iconic NARS compact out of their bag?

EDIT: tried this again. its been over a year since i first bought this blush and have since really improved my makeup application skills. i now LOVE this and it gives a very pretty "afterglow". haha. you just have to apply very very lightly. this is a perfect shade for the summer when you want to hit the beach

on 12/21/2008 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This blush is incredibly beautiful but not nearly as "universally complimenting" as it's advertised to be. I'm lighter than MAC's NC15 & in my personal preference, this blush was just too much. However, this blush CAN look good. I didn't try to build the coverage, so I can't help in that area, but I can help in the lack thereof; if you lighten your application & use the proper brushes it won't look unflattering. I do one swipe with the MAC 187 & that's all I need. It's pricey & I wouldn't purchase it again. I would purchase NARS blush again, but in a lighter colour best suited for my skin tone and my preference.

on 12/20/2008 11:27:00 PM

I have fair to medium skin and I have a difficult time finding blushes for some reason. When I tried orgasm I loved it! Not to overwhelming and easy to apply. I use it with and angled brush. I am addicted for sure.

on 12/20/2008 1:04:00 AM

Ok, basically it's a peachy pink with gold shimmer. Big deal.. This has about a million dupes, but the nars quality is what set's it aside.
But don't get me wrong, it's a great concept, and I do think that your not the blush type, and just want one that will always look good, go for this. I am, however, not like that. I am a blush fanatic, and my standard's are extremely high, let me tell you. haha
But i think that pigmentation is great and sheer, (not insane like other nars blushes)
This is a great investment if your looking for an easy purchase that will work year round.

on 12/18/2008 12:18:00 AM

This is my absolute favorite blush. I have extremely fair skin, but this color is not "too much" on me. With a light application, it gives me that perfect "blushing" look. Also, as with all NARS powder products, the texter is velvety smooth and never chalky. The color is also buildable, so it's very versatile.

on 12/17/2008 9:08:00 PM

Love this blush. I had been wanting to buy it forever and finally broke down and ordered it from Sephora. Beautiful color and it looks great on me...just a natural pretty pinky hue. It stayed on all day and didn't lose color or anything. Also, went on very smooth.

My recommendation is to be light handed when applying though, because a little seems to go a long way. But I am also very light skinned. ;)

Good product, definitely something I'll keep in my "vault." Hehe.

on 12/17/2008 7:14:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

My very first blush ever, I got it because everyone was raving about. It's a nice pink-peachy color w/ very minimal shimmer that you can't barely see. It's best to be very light-handed w/ all of nars blush since it's all pigmented. I don't think Orgasm is a universal color though, it's probabley best suited for light to medium skin-tones. I like to compact it comes in and the mirror also. I've had this for about 6-7 months now and it still look like I've only used it a few times so it will definitely last for a very long time. For best results w/ this blush and any others everyone should have a good soft blush brush. Pretty expensive $25, but it's a good product. 4 lippies because of the price. If I ever finish it, I would repurchase this blush again.

on 12/17/2008 5:49:00 PM

I bought this as my first Nars blush b/c everyone said it was so great and would work on anyone. I love blush and wear all shades, but this isn't doing it for me. It's too electric. I like the fact that it is very pigmented, so a little goes a long way. It's pretty in the pan, but saying this looks good on everyone is a stretch. I bought it in the summer when I was tanner and also felt it was too bright.

You do get a good amount of product. I used it over Nars bronzer the other night and did get some complements... so maybe it just needed to be mellowed down a bit. I will keep it and keep trying, but on it's own, it's just not right on me.

on 12/17/2008 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Too light for my skin tone :-( Did not show up as more than a dust of glitter on my cheeks-ick! I'm gonna check out Deep Throat.

on 12/17/2008 1:47:00 PM

I bought this because of its popularity on Makeup Alley and Sephora.com. This was one instance where the crowd could not help me now...I don't hate it but I definitely don't understand the hype.

In high school, my friend Jenn and I used to call ourselves Blushmeister 2000. What can I say - I like a heavy, impactful blush. Orgasm is NOT that. Light and subtle, this color seems like it would work well on a pale red head, or your memaw.

Will NOT buy again. Give me some hooker blush - stat!

Top Rated NARS Products