NARS Orgasm Blush

talc - polyethylene - zinc stearate - silica - tricaprylin - caprylic/capric triglyceride - beeswax - peg-150 distearate lanolin - laureth-4 - tocopherol - disodium edta - methylparaben - propylparaben - butylparaben - ascorbyl palmitate. May contain: mica - ci 77491, 77492, 77499 (iron oxides) - ci 77891 (titanium dioxide) - ci 77742 (manganese violet) - ci 77007 (ultramarines) - ci 77891 (titanium dioxide) - ci 75470 (carmine) - ci 77163 (bismuth oxychloride) - ci 15850 (red 6, red 7 lake) - ci 45410 (red 28 lake) - ci 17200 (red 33 lake) - ci 45370 (orange 5) - ci 19140 (yellow 5 lake) - ci 15985 (yellow 6 lake) - ci 42090 (blue 1 lake).

on 12/29/2008 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am just going to be very straightforward about this product.

Packaging:

This is the ONLY product that I give a 5 for packaging. The sleek black rubbery casing has a very expensive feel to it (partly because it is such an expensive blush!) Every woman who uses this product is going to feel pampered. I am extremely impressed with the packaging of this product.

Product:

The blush is only okay. It isn't that pigmented as many people have claimed it to be. It is very shimmery and glittery.

Comparison:

It does resemble the Mark. "Afterglow" blush, which I also have. However, the Mark. blush is a pinkier matte blush with lots of golden glitter verses the NARS which is a PEACHIER SHIMMERY BLUSH WITH LOTS OF GOLDEN GLITTERS. They are similar in concept but they are NOT dupes of each other.( Nonetheless, I am sure no one can really distinguish the actual difference once you wear it on your face. ) Now with matte finishes, even if the product is the same tone as the shimmery ones, it'll apply a bit darker. It is because it has no light reflecting properties. However, the shimmery finishes will adhere to the skin much better than the matte finishes ( this applies to all powders). So, with this in mind, the Mark. and NARS blush have equal pigmentation.

I would only give 3 lippies instead of 4 if it is solely based on the product. However, I'm influenced by the packaging, the rave and all the expensiveness of the product. I like this product not because of its superior performance over other products but because I feel pampered when using such an expensive item.

This blush is very pigmented and blends beautifully. To avoid putting too much color, I suggest dusting off your blush brush before applying or use a stippling/highlighting brush. I thought the high amounts of glitter would make the blush chalky but surprisingly, it really doesn't. Orgasm is pink with peach undertones and looks lovely on my MAC NC 25-30, Shiseido O40, Maybelline Instant Age Rewind, Light#4 Nude skintone. However, I don't like the excessive glitter this NARS Orgasm blush has. I already have large pores on my cheeks and anything containing glitter will only enhance them more. I prefer matte blushes because they look more natural. What I also don't like about NARS Orgasm is the high price. $25 for this one small blush compact seems a little too much. The coating of the compact allows it to get dirty easily. I agree with other reviewers that NARS orgasm is overrated (just like most high end brands). There are excellent cheaper dupes of NARS orgasm like Milani Luminous, Covergirl Rose Silk Blush, and the blush in the ELF studio Blush and Contour compact (Yes..I said ELF). I owned the dupes and I've compared them to the orgasm. They're very close and it's not like anyone is going to notice if you're wearing the actual NARs orgasm or its dupe. Thus, NARS orgasm isn't anything special but I still give it 5 lippies for the pigmentation and silkiness; nevertheless, I won't be buying it again, and I probably won't have to because it will last me a long time. As for the staying power of NARS orgasm, it depends on your skin type and if you wear a decent foundation primer. I get oily in the t-zone so if I don't wear a foundation primer or powder my face, any blush I put on will fade away.

on 12/29/2008 9:03:00 PM

Okaaaaay...I tried...again....this blush just doesn't look good on me. I don't get it. Clearly, it's universal enough for most women to adore it, but why not me??????? Anyhoo, never again.

on 12/29/2008 7:35:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

The color is great for my fair skin tone & it lasts all day long. It really does give a great glow to my skin. I'm glad I read the many reviews for this product & purchased it.

on 12/29/2008 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

didnt care much...highly overrated, like other blushes way more like desire, torrid!...maybe im tooo dark for it, im nc40 c4...way better nars blushes specially if you are like me or darker

on 12/28/2008 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Purchased this after hearing so many rave reviews. Was a bit skeptical when I tried a swatch at Sephora, but purchase it anyway. I felt like a clown wearing this. Was not my color at all and there's just so many chunks of glitter! Am surprised this is so popular. Returned asap and got my money back!

on 12/27/2008 2:37:00 PM

i have been very happy w/ this blush. everytime i apply another blush color to go out i regret it and wish i had put on orgasm instead! didn't think this product would live up to all the hype ... but i'm thrilled w/ the results! i'm wearing this blush in my profile pic. you can really see the shine and glowiness. only downside is the price. upside: it will last. i've had mine for over a year and am nowhere close to hitting pan.

on 12/26/2008 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

BEUATIFUL colour - I can see what the hype was all about - a lovely peachy pink with flecks of gold. goes with anything. v natural looking.

on 12/24/2008 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I got this on a whim from Sephora last winter. One of MA ask me if I would try it. It brought life into my face and little does go along way. I only use blush in the fall/winter months and I'm very happy with this.
I'm Nc 43 in studio fix.

on 12/23/2008 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great for almost every light/medium skintone, with a nice hint of color and subtle shimmer :)

Popular Blush Products