August 2, 2014 | 1598 users online

Blush - NARS - Orgasm Blush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2008 7:46:00 PM More reviews by HapaDynazty

I really do the color and staying power of this. Its a light peachy pink color. I don't know if this is a day color for me. It gives me a nice glowy effect when indoors or in dim lighting. Its just waaaay to shimmery for my taste for daytime. My whole face was a discoball when I looked in my rearview. I will save this for evenings out when its not so bright out. I put I would not repurchase only because I don't think id ever runout anytime soon. With 2 kids I hardly go out. I took away one lippie for the overly shimmery look because I do love shimmery blush but this was even too much for me. I might use it to highlight with an extreamly light hand ontop of another blush if I wear in the daytime.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2008 4:44:00 PM More reviews by leenie88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This blush is a must-have in my collection. I love the gorgeous shade. It is a shimmery shade of peachy pink. It goes well with my complexion, because I have some yellow undertones to my fair skin. I like how it looks subtle and natural, but just adds a bit of shimmer and gives my skin the perfect healthy glow. An HG for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2008 4:22:00 PM More reviews by makeupisfunyeah

I have this blush, really like it. I have tan skin, mac nc 30 maybe nc35, C3 complexion. This blush is great for making me look awake on days I feel tired, and adding that wonderful "glowy" effect that we are all in pursuit of. My one complaint about this product is that I feel there is a lot of glitter going on, and although I try to buff it out, I'm finding that pretty hard to do. I use the standard mac blush brush, the 126, but I might switch blush brushes to get better application. I've tried this on in store with a nars blush brush that was very dense and had a round tip that was kind of narrow, and I thought that was really great because this blush isn't overly pigmented or anything, and I think you need a brush with very compacted bristles so you don't get glitter all over your face, while getting a more pigmented finish. I think that's definitely necessary, since this blush isn't super pigmented like amour or taos or any other nars blushes I have tried.

If I had to repurchase, I said no, simply because I wish I had gotten maybe Deep Throat or Torrid by nars instead. Torrid is more pigmented, and to the same effect, and so is deep throat - but torrid is more coral and deep throat is more peach, so I'm still not sure. I use this blush often and I like it, and there are many duplicates on the market - milani luminous is a popular one - but I'm relatively happy with the purchase, although it can be a little too shimmery at times.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2008 3:52:00 PM More reviews by laila7

I love Nars blushes but on my NW45 complexion it did absolutely nothing! It didnt even make a good highlighter on me, it was just a chalky shimmer. It certainly isn't a one shade suits all blusher as they say but i know that on lighter skintones it looks great, hence the score!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2008 11:30:00 PM More reviews by tina2006

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE this BLUSH!! Orgasm is a beautiful pinky-peach blush with shimmer. I wear this on a daily basis for both work and nights out. It makes my medium/tan (NC32) skin look fresh and glowy. Its never over the top or clownish just gives your checks a radiant pop of color. Orgasm is expensive but a good investment b.c it lasts a long time...def a must try!! Go out and get it girls=)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2008 11:20:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yes, this is blasphemy in the beauty world, but...I don't like NARS Orgasm blush!! Legions of women and beauty editors will chase me down now. I just think that it's an average, blah-peachy color with shimmer! What's the big hype? I have fair skin, so this shows up fine however it's just not...special. I own better blush from L'Oreal. I can understand that this shade is "universally flattering", etc, etc..because peach practically flatters everyone. I think its just clever marketing, hello, it's called ORGASM!!! But looking past the marketing, all the hype, well, it's just lying at the bottom of my blush drawer.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2008 7:49:00 PM More reviews by thourne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yes, I really do think this looks good on anyone. Up to a certain skintone level. It's just a perfect peachy pink. Or is that pinky peach? Whatever, it is slightly shimmery, makes your cheeks light up, refreshes you all over. I get a similar effect from SIN. I trade these two off depending on what I am wearing. Both are lasting me forever, even with frequent use... I can't seem to even hit the bottom of the pan. A+ for product long lasting. Will buy again if I ever run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2008 3:46:00 PM More reviews by amyplusbaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is an absolute staple for my train case. I use it more or less every single day, it is fabulous! I have a light/medium skin tone, & even when I'm tanned it makes my cheeks look great. It has the most amazing subtle shimmer, (or full on shimmer if you apply more) & always gives me that fresh glow. It lasts forever, I've had mine a little over a year & with everyday use... I still have plenty left! Well worth the money, 5 all round! Super super super.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2008 2:15:00 AM More reviews by fionam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE this colour. When I was at Sephora and saw the powder, I was skeptical. There was tons of glitter and I was worried that I would look like a 12 year old putting glitter all over her face. I was wrong.

The shimmer is very subtle when applied on the face. The colour shows up really well. It looks like your natural cheek colour.

I don't really need the mirror in the compact but it is nice to have especially when travelling.

[Edit] Reduced to 3 lippies because I returned this blush to Sephora. In pictures, I would look like I had a pink glow on but when looking at the mirror, it appeared more orange and that I had a bad sunburn or something. Instead, I got the Nars blush in Angelika which I love way more! It is a natural pink for my NC30 complexion.

[Edit#2] Fell in love with this blush again. I recently got it in a swap. I think it was my previous foundation and how it mixed with the powder that made it seem orange. Now it is more of a peachy pink...more pink thank peach on me, which I love. Perfect glow during the cold weather.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2008 7:15:00 PM More reviews by ihatespots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After reading all these reviews...I finally took the plunge and got this with a few other blushes ;). Its highly pigmented but a little to shimmery for my liking. Dont get me wrong, it looks pretty and gives me a "glow" but I need to be extremely careful when applying this as it could make me turn into a clown with 2 red shimmery patches on my cheeks. But with a light hand, it definately is worth all these great reviews and the $$$

UPDATE- down to 3 lippies cos its just too shimmery. For my combo skin- oily t zone and normal cheeks, the blush makes my face look oil slick.

UPDATE- 2 lippies now cos on my already rosey cheeks, the shimmer plus the pinky gold, makes me look like a clown